Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
SnookumsMcSnook wrote:
I think Level 48 pets, and possibly the Storm Beetle and/or Death Scarab should be added to the list.

well now all the lvl forty eight pets are able to create something different
as for creating new things that AREN'T from lvl forty eight pets all i know is the rain beetle which i got from mixing crabling and storm beetle

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
me and many other people are being ripped of by the hatchery. PLEASE make it so you can see what the oucome will be many people aer wasting there money. i mixed helephant with orthrus and all i got was a 100,000 grand helephant. my friend mixed wraith and stormzilla hoping he would get storm wraith or death zilla. instead he got another wraith.

i have wasted allot of crowns hoping i would get a cool new pet but instead i just wasted my money for a super expensive pet that i already had.

but i love wizard101 and kingsisle tm and thats nog going to change.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
This new update is a rip off. You are using up all your money that you worked weeks for. Then it takes forever to get your pet to adult. Then once you pay the big fee, your pet has a better chance to stay the same. NOT worth it..

Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
So my husband and I just hatched our stormzilla and wraith, one ancient, one epic, after working for weeks trying to get enough gold and weeks more aging up the pets I got a stormzilla. Do not waste your time hatching, you will likely be disappointed. big, smelly thumbs down on this update KI.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Me and a friend saved up orver 95000 gold and hatched too different ancient pets, and the outcome THE SAME pet i started with and the same one he started with. Except they are babies. Whats up with that?

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
Since this is such a sensitive topic, it would benefit KI to post known "good" combinations and outcomes, since I have used the test realm to "test" these combinations(wraith+minotaur = wraith, unicorn+dark fairy= unicorn, firecat + piggle = firecat) every combination i have tried has back fired on me giving me the identical pet. Thank GOD this was a test realm and it was KI's money I used.

If I had done this in the real game I would have been out $250 or more. That is a rediculous amount for such a small benefit.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
KyleShadowblade wrote:
Ok, guys, you people should really hear what you are saying. First of all, those people complaining over that lvl 48 pets shouldn't be hatched is ridiculious. For any of you that don't know, all lvl 48 pets can actually MIX with other lvl 48 pets. For example: If I mixed a Helephant with an Orthrus, I have a chance of getting an Inferno hound or a War oni. Yes, there is still the chance you may get the same pet you hatched with. But if that happens, look at the big picture, you have a new pet. You can train it and feed it and love it. Plus if you say, had a wraith, mixed with a stormzilla and got a wraith, you can train THAT wraith until it is adult, wheras it may have stats that are better than the first gen. wraith. BAM! Right there you get something positive out the hatchery. If you get the stormzilla, where you can't use, you can give it to another wizard, or let it free in your house (or so I think you can do that). But still, atleast you can say you have a new pet altogether.

For those of you people who are saying that false advertising stating that "millions potential combinatations" is false, then your statement is false.
If you guys would stop complaining and actually look and read about the pets, you would see that pets are made of TWO factors, appearance AND statistics. Sure you might get the same pet, but the STATS will not be identical to the parent once trained. And if you think appearance is the only thing, then you are only getting half of the pet update.

And finally, for those of you who are complaining that the pricing is way too high, I am sorta agreeing with you, and sort of not. The hatchery is a luxury, not just another thing that you can use. Once you do actually get the gold, take a chance. And if you do not get what you wanted, I already stated above. Just try again. Oh, and you people have complained so much that they actually ARE going to drop the price.

Ok, I am done.

Hello
I have to admire your enthusiasm, and yet I’m sorry to inform you that when we were promised new and unique pets, it did not indicate a carbon copy of what we already had. By the way lvl 48 pets are school only so copies can only be used by that school not other characters of different schools. This translates to that unless you have more than one of the same school wizard, you have just been cheated. Not taking into consideration the price (in my humble example I spent over $350.00 American dollars in breeding “unique” pets.) Oh yeah, I almost forgot, this does not include membership or snack packs. As to the stats being unique, I do have to agree with you on that one, all of my hatched (real realm, with real money) are copies, with ok stats. Three wraiths, One Ortherous, and last but not least a storm hound copy, with bad stats. I am not happy BAM!

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
odettegomez wrote:
KyleShadowblade wrote:
Ok, guys, you people should really hear what you are saying. First of all, those people complaining over that lvl 48 pets shouldn't be hatched is ridiculious. For any of you that don't know, all lvl 48 pets can actually MIX with other lvl 48 pets. For example: If I mixed a Helephant with an Orthrus, I have a chance of getting an Inferno hound or a War oni. Yes, there is still the chance you may get the same pet you hatched with. But if that happens, look at the big picture, you have a new pet. You can train it and feed it and love it. Plus if you say, had a wraith, mixed with a stormzilla and got a wraith, you can train THAT wraith until it is adult, wheras it may have stats that are better than the first gen. wraith. BAM! Right there you get something positive out the hatchery. If you get the stormzilla, where you can't use, you can give it to another wizard, or let it free in your house (or so I think you can do that). But still, atleast you can say you have a new pet altogether.

For those of you people who are saying that false advertising stating that "millions potential combinatations" is false, then your statement is false.
If you guys would stop complaining and actually look and read about the pets, you would see that pets are made of TWO factors, appearance AND statistics. Sure you might get the same pet, but the STATS will not be identical to the parent once trained. And if you think appearance is the only thing, then you are only getting half of the pet update.

And finally, for those of you who are complaining that the pricing is way too high, I am sorta agreeing with you, and sort of not. The hatchery is a luxury, not just another thing that you can use. Once you do actually get the gold, take a chance. And if you do not get what you wanted, I already stated above. Just try again. Oh, and you people have complained so much that they actually ARE going to drop the price.

Ok, I am done.

Hello
I have to admire your enthusiasm, and yet I’m sorry to inform you that when we were promised new and unique pets, it did not indicate a carbon copy of what we already had. By the way lvl 48 pets are school only so copies can only be used by that school not other characters of different schools. This translates to that unless you have more than one of the same school wizard, you have just been cheated. Not taking into consideration the price (in my humble example I spent over $350.00 American dollars in breeding “unique” pets.) Oh yeah, I almost forgot, this does not include membership or snack packs. As to the stats being unique, I do have to agree with you on that one, all of my hatched (real realm, with real money) are copies, with ok stats. Three wraiths, One Ortherous, and last but not least a storm hound copy, with bad stats. I am not happy BAM!

Honestly with all this negative feedback you think they would listen to the players and change the amount and up the chances to get a rare pet.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
honestly i think that pet combinations are a bit too expensive. i mean really. 80000? And i thought it was hard enough to raise my pet to an adult... :?

Survivor
Oct 05, 2008
Darkhole54321 wrote:
goldenheart387 wrote:

paying 80000 gold for the hatching process

Wow, thats pretty expensive...I haven't played with the hatchery because I am still training my pets to becomes adults.Is there a secondary payment with crowns or not?

Anyway,I have a few suggestions for unhatchable pets.I think any pet that came with a gift card should be unhatchable,in the sense that the player bought it with real money.(Especially the set that came with Dragonblade)

And a few others:

Summer Dragon,Death Beatle,and especially the level 48 pets.

The 48 pets are good they make new ones like Frostcaller and FireWalker and StormStomper that is just the start! I have the FireWalker and it awesome! And if you dont have a 48 lvl pet then its your fault you need to work harder and not sit around. I how you take my advice

Survivor
Oct 05, 2008
SnookumsMcSnook wrote:
I think Level 48 pets, and possibly the Storm Beetle and/or Death Scarab should be added to the list.

The 48 pets should NOT be added to the list. if you dont have one then its your fault for not working hard enough for not getting money or your mom/dad to pay for member ship.

Amber DawnCloud 50 Life
Amy Dust 41 Balance

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
goldenheart387 i totally agree with you i have to go into the test realm so i can afford hatching. i hatched a storm hound with a burnzilla thinking i would get a stormzilla. but i got a storm hound i was so mad at the game i nearly quit.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
Darkhole54321 wrote:
goldenheart387 wrote:

Wow, thats pretty expensive...I haven't played with the hatchery because I am still training my pets to becomes adults.Is there a secondary payment with crowns or not?

Anyway,I have a few suggestions for unhatchable pets.I think any pet that came with a gift card should be unhatchable,in the sense that the player bought it with real money.(Especially the set that came with Dragonblade)

And a few others:

Why get rid of the level 48 pets being able to hatch?
They are the ones that make the pretty awesome new pets..
Just because you don't have one, doesn't mean other people can't get to make a new pet with their level 48 pet...

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Honestly, pets would be more fun if they gained experience from BATTLES, not minigames. I tried the minigames, they were very unappealling to me. I think that a lot of people would agree with me that pets wouldn't get attack skills from collecting pizza in a maze. They would become more battle efficient from battling. So, the pets would level WITH us, so that with each world of the spiral we make it through, they would grow stronger with us, and we would not have to waste time doing silly minigames. Still, I realize some people like the minigames, and that is alright. But, there NEEDS to be an alternate method of leveling our pets, so we do not have to waste countless hours every day just so our pets give us 5 more health points.

~Alex Fireblade, Level 49 Pyromancer~

Survivor
May 20, 2009
i have three accounts hatched on everyone today to just get same pet and other person get the rare pet. i spend so much money between account and crowns. i think its time to give up on this game just dissappoints me so much

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Defender
May 08, 2009
monkamonka wrote:
Darkhole54321 wrote:
goldenheart387 wrote:

And a few others:

Why get rid of the level 48 pets being able to hatch?
They are the ones that make the pretty awesome new pets..
Just because you don't have one, doesn't mean other people can't get to make a new pet with their level 48 pet...

I DO have one.I now agree to hatching 48 pets...but I stick with everything else I said...ok, maybe not the death beetle,but everything else.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
MasterEdward101 wrote:
I am not happy about this, I guess alot of people dont understand how bloddline of hatching pet plays into the game.

So now I'll never have a Danger Hound with new powers, because people want pets to stay rare!
HOW SAD :(

I hate how when you hatch a pet they never tell you what it is going to be. This should be changed because today i have hatched with orthrus and dont know what the outcome will be. I am not only disappointed but frustrated about how this is going. What if I get another stormzilla? the egg is a maelstrom egg and i know the pet will be storm. Then I would be wasting 43,000 something gold on NOTHING! it is disappointing and frustrating again.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
aamer111 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
okkkkk

how much does it cost to make a pet with to adults?

After seeing how many people have complained about this too much gold thing I went back to the hatchery with mystormzilla and saw that they lowered it. i was happy at first. THEN I saw that when i did hatch with a orthrus and REALLY hoping for tempest hound like a lot of my storm grand friends have,I GOT ANOTHER STORMZILLA! i was angry and frustrated because you go and get 43,000 something gold and get something worthless back? a pet that you already have back? this shouldn't EVER happen. Cause i wasted my time getting that gold for nothing? i'm disappointed becasue of this. the only things left for grands now are the tower to go to celestia and hatching. once you take the fun out of that what is there to do? :( plz hear me out. Angel DragonHeart, lvl 50
Pet: Stormzilla. ( named Barney)
Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly with all this negative feedback you think they would listen to the players and change the amount and up the chances to get a rare pet.

The cost of Hatching is for the new combination of stats and abilities; not the appearance of the pet. The new appearance, when it occurs, is a free bonus.

It is exceedingly rare to get the exact same pet.
99% of the time, the stats and abilities will be different.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008

I want to know if two danger hounds will actually create a ghost hound.
I've heard that a wraith and a danger hound makes one, but someone denied it when I said it.
I've ALSO heard that a storm hound and a danger hound make a ghost hound, but I don't believe that.
So, Professor Greyrose, which is it? Danger and danger? Wraith and danger? Storm and danger?
I am trying to get ghost hound but I need to know which pets make one.
PLEASE HELP!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2010
stormdude101 wrote:
aamer111 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
okkkkk

how much does it cost to make a pet with to adults?

After seeing how many people have complained about this too much gold thing I went back to the hatchery with mystormzilla and saw that they lowered it. i was happy at first. THEN I saw that when i did hatch with a orthrus and REALLY hoping for tempest hound like a lot of my storm grand friends have,I GOT ANOTHER STORMZILLA! i was angry and frustrated because you go and get 43,000 something gold and get something worthless back? a pet that you already have back? this shouldn't EVER happen. Cause i wasted my time getting that gold for nothing? i'm disappointed becasue of this. the only things left for grands now are the tower to go to celestia and hatching. once you take the fun out of that what is there to do? :( plz hear me out. Angel DragonHeart, lvl 50
Pet: Stormzilla. ( named Barney)
Grandmaster Diviner

yeah I know, they should at least make sure that no one gets the same apperance, like you with stormzilla and orthrus, and always make it a tempest hound or mythzilla(i'm only level 10) or whatever the other combo's would be!
Reply if you agree!
Duncan Soulbreaker
lv.10
Conjuor/
pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
gdenali wrote:
SnookumsMcSnook wrote:

well now all the lvl forty eight pets are able to create something different
as for creating new things that AREN'T from lvl forty eight pets all i know is the rain beetle which i got from mixing crabling and storm beetle
i keep mixing my pet and its a level 48 wraith that gives me wraith and when i mixed it with level 48 sormzilla or orthrus it just gives me wraith with wraith