Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
the best one i have had for short solo is storm and life lasted to level 40 then got way to hard to do on your own so there is none best solo class just a ever so powerful class to make it easy.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Uh, well, now that we can get to level 100 and fight bosses that have 40,000 health, there's no school to solo with. But up through Celestia or somewhere in there, I found that the best school to solo with is Death. Since their spells heal and attack at the same time, plus all the blades and traps they get, you don't need to multi-task to survive. It's nice to defeat a boss and get all your health back, as if you never fought it to begin with

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
I've been able to Solo my Ice wizard to Level 88. ^_^

Of course I had help here and there, but I guess I can say I 'soloed' it. :D

Survivor
Feb 16, 2015
I currently am using ice wizard. i have only had help on two dungeons and thats because im too lazy to take an hour to finish it be myself. everything else i have solo'd. i am level 28 and finished krokotopia grizzleheim and marlybone by myself with the exception of those dungeons. i used my training points to get sprite on life sun bird on fire and i plan on and am workin on getting faint on death

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Iceb990 on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
I currently am using ice wizard. i have only had help on two dungeons and thats because im too lazy to take an hour to finish it be myself. everything else i have solo'd. i am level 28 and finished krokotopia grizzleheim and marlybone by myself with the exception of those dungeons. i used my training points to get sprite on life sun bird on fire and i plan on and am workin on getting faint on death
You can't have finished Grizzleheim at that level.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2014
When I start in this game as Life Wizard, I always go alone in every worlds, except the cheat bosses and world final bosses. It depends on Player's schools and spells.

These are my accounts are in current location of the storyline so far...

Lv. 78 Avalon (My main account)

Lv. 6 Wizard City

Female Lv. 6 Wizard City

Lv. 16 Krokotopia

Lv. 7 Wizard City

Lv. 6 Wizard City

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I've gotten through most of the game by myself as a Balance. Sure, I didn't solo everything- I did Big Ben with people on Team Up, The Jade Oni with a friend, and I had to ask for help against balance bosses before I had hydra or spectral blast. But I was able to solo most of The Shiraki (is that how you spell it?) Temple dungeon and the Plauge Oni, as well as most of Krokotopia, Marelybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre. I do agree that Death is the best school to solo with, but I've gotten pretty far with Balance.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2015
Survivor
Mar 29, 2014
I am a level eighty life wizard, and life is a good class. If you boost your attacks with stats, you can get pretty powerful, and you always have enough heals. the only exception is that sometimes it's just impossible to play solo in some areas, like in Avalon. They just do too much damage and you waste all your pips on constant heals.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2014
I'm a level 78 life wizard and I made it to Avalon without much help. Life can be hard at earlier levels because they haven't got attacks that hit all the baddies at once. Balance gets sandstorm, Fire gets meteor, Ice gets blizzard and so forth. Battles take a little longer because Life is all about healing. They don't have a wide selection of attacks until 58 because most school quests under 58 will be healing spells. I used centaur as my main attack until I got forest lord. I don't notice to many Life baddies in the game though I did notice a bunch of fire, ice, and storm baddies throughout my journey. That makes my life easier because: 1. I don't have to worry about prisms as much. 2. Life is effective against storm. 3. Ice attacks do less. Once life gets to level 60 however I do recommend farming waterworks for the hood, cape, and boots of esprit. You can pretty much KO all the roaming baddies with an enchanted forest lord now and KO the bosses however you'd like to defeat them. I feint, then blade, then KO! When you get gnomes you can use that against baddie bosses instead of forest lord. Avalon ain't too hard for me 'cause I got a ''system''. For all those small battles I keep a small deck. I put in: 3-4 forest lords 3-4 life blades 3-4 spirit blades 2-3 berserk 2-3 satyr and 2-3 treasure card seraphs. My idea is to KO the baddies as quickly as possible. For bosses I use: 3 tower shields, 2 dryads, max enchants, 4 forest lords, 5 gnomes, 5 faeries, 5 satyr, 5 life blades, 5 spirit blades, 5 feints, 4 berserk, 2 mend, and 4 life traps. For treasure cards I use: feint, spirit blade, life blade. That deck should normally do allot of damage to the boss. So in overall Life is a pretty decent school to solo with. Life wizards can bring life, as well as take it and are super strong if you know what you're doing. Anyways I hope this helped!

-Lindsey ShadowWhisper lvl 78

Survivor
Jun 02, 2013
There isn't really one school that can solo the entire game easily, especially if your talking about the total entire game, sidequests and crowns dungeons (like Winterbane Hall) included without using any Treasure Cards. Here's my little input thing on the matter.

With Fire I honestly don't really know, sense I've never tried out a Fire Wizard before.

Ice is super ultra good at being able to take hits, which extremely accommodates their low power (Which can be pretty much avoided with boosts.) and accuracy. Not only that though, I've seen high level Ice school people that have enough resistance to be totally immune to one or multiple schools entirely!

Storm is useful for clearing out enemies quickly, although they're not very accurate and have practically no defense. A tricky but rewarding school to use in my opinion. I didn't really have trouble with Marlybone and Mooshu despite what a lot of people said.

Myth is espically good with all the minions they get, practically totally compinsating for going solo.

Life, like Ice, can tank a lot of stuff, and can heal their health easily. They also have the best accuracy, which is great.

Death is pretty useful as well, due to the draining spells (like Vampire) they get, along with getting probably the best Blades and Traps.

Balance is a solid choice as well, because, well, like it's name, it combine's the specialties of all the other schools, albeit to a lesser extent.

I hope that helps.

Colin Icecloud, Level 76 Wizard

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
I myself have a fire, death and a balance that is now just in celestia my fire and death are both max and I gotta say death by far is the school to solo with I did all of gh solo yes all of it I stood against the 4 brothers alone. my pet was a healer also and my secondary for that wiz is life so satyr and fairy came in handy some times when I fought the jabbawok in Avalon I got help only because no one can stand the 10k hit when he threw the meteor and the only reason I got help was so I didn't have to start the fight over id prolly still be there in it lol

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
No Class is the best,

But If you have the best gear like Darkmoor Gear or Waterworks gear, You will Survive.

Not only that but if you know the cheating bosses so well, You will be an Expert at soloing.

But All Schools are not the same so uh.... As long you have the Best gear and an Expert at cheating boss, You will do fine.

-Colin Stormslinger Lvl 83

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Colin Stormslinger on May 13, 2015 wrote:
No Class is the best,

But If you have the best gear like Darkmoor Gear or Waterworks gear, You will Survive.

Not only that but if you know the cheating bosses so well, You will be an Expert at soloing.

But All Schools are not the same so uh.... As long you have the Best gear and an Expert at cheating boss, You will do fine.

-Colin Stormslinger Lvl 83
You can't solo the game with DM or WW gear, as by the time you can get the gear, you'll have completed more than half of the game.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
Actually it's all up to the school and kind of person you are. For instance I have a lot of patience and am creative and all little feisty so I chose to storm for my first school after that it was fun soloing. But then realized that soloing everrything in the spiral was impossible ( well for some schools) I see that storm is prertty good to solo in. But remember it's all up to the chooser.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
I'm trying not to say this because I am a death wizard, but in my opinion the best school to solo the game with is death because we don't run low on health due to swaps, we deal great damage when spamming pirate or banshee, and we're super annoying to enemy PvPers. I think death is the best school to run the game with, questing and pvp. We cannot die

Survivor
Feb 27, 2013
I say that it is better to work as a team then to work alone.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Death is a pretty well balanced school for keeping alive and doing good damage.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
Even though my main character right now is , the best class is probably .

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Are the best to solo in my opinion.

Has a ton of tricks such as removing shields, attacks with stun, the ability to remove all blades as well as traps too, and two hit attacks to avoid tower or myth shields.

Most attacks give you health back, which is very helpful. You can deal damage to your enemy while healing yourself.

Has the highest health, and defense. You may not be able to deal high damage easily, but you are not likely to die. You have tower shield, and most likely high block and some universal resist.

Have low defense, so they might die a lot in higher worlds. They do have excellent damage spells though.

Is ok to solo with simply because you can very easily prevent yourself from dying... But cannot do that high of damage. Boss battles could be long.

Is simply not a solo school. Hard to solo with in my experience. Mainly because dealing damage is hard without feint to support.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
it is stated in the class thing when you chose your class it allows you to summon minions so that you dont have to be solo

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
well its true that there isn't a best class to solo the game with but I have to say that I have done very well with storm. Yes storm has little health but they have unimaginable damage. I have seen storms with OVER 120 DAMAGE!!!
That's a lot and some storms know a way of getting high health. But there is no way you can solo the entire game without a friend. I soloed my game up until dragonspyre... Although a few times I would ask a friend for healing or to blade me but usually they would port to me and I didn't even ask. All schools have their own unique abilities like death swaps half, life heals, storm is just plain damage and small health. If you ask me storm is the best

Daniel Firebreaker level 100 master of

Survivor
Jul 09, 2013
The best class to solo on is either ice or storm. Storm is the most powerful, but i'v soloed pretty much the whole game till lvl 41 on ice.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
I am a fire wizard and i found my self doing very well until late Mooshu and early Dragonspyre. After i realized that i was a noob and i could change my decks to fight specific bosses i was good.I am still currently soloing , and i find it easier to use only my school class with life treasure cards. I might need help here or there, but not a lot. All i can say is: if you want to solo, do sidequests. They really help.

-Isaac SkullHeart Level 71

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Death is the best for solo. Its confirmed, death wizards focus on them selves there is only one spell that can be used to heal others.