Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
i belive death is the best school to solo the game with because you learn sacrifice (a healing spell), poison and skeletal dragon(damaging over time spells), normal spells, health draining spells like vampire and wraith, plague, many "all school" traps, and a minion spell. :D

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
well for me, there is none. kennington (sorry if misspelled) park is hard to solo. im ice, tried to solo, didnt work out to great and im ice with backup as myth. well i guess you could say myth because of the minions.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
welll, in my case i would think Ice, Storm, or Life. and here's why.

Ice: good defense and occasionally powerful attacks

Strom: Very powerful attacks and in some cases, can have good resist

Life: for starters they can heal (obviously) and there attacks can be decent when used right.

TristanDarkBlade Transcended Ice

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
Ok, I think myth, here's why:

1. Myth can summon minions so you won't need friends as much for battles
2. They can remove traps and shields
3. They have very powerful attacks (medusa, minotaur, basilisk, orthrus)
4. They learn enchant
5. They learn blinding light (stun all enemies)
6. The spells are cool (LOL) ;)

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I have a transcended death and I soloed most of the game with her. Death is pretty sweet because allot of your spells give health back to you and its very powerful (obviously). Death is, in my opinion, the best possible school to solo the game with, but it all really depends on your view of strategy to be more effective in some other schools.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
I'd say life because you can heal yourself when your health is like 500 without asking for help.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I have had a chance to use every school at least up to grandmaster but i've gotten fire life storm and balance to lvl 70 and honestly i say either storm or balance. yea storm has low health but with the right equipment and skills storm will almost always come out on top in the end

Explorer
Oct 29, 2011
i think that if you have crowns it is easy peasy.you can just summon henchemn any school but level seventy.but still kengstingston park in marleybone,waterworks,briskbreeze and warehouse need help.and also nidavellir jotun

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
rest wrote:
Im an ice DO NOT DOICE! I recomend life or storm. they will work well. life with a minion you can use the sprite gaurdian's healing and shielding and you can attack. But storm the minion can taunt the enmies ad get the attention and you attack. those are the ones i recomend.

Vladus Darkcaster ice lvl 61
Baley Pealblosem life lvl 33
Joshua Stormrider storm lvl 26
Autum Drakedust death lvl 7
Jason Flamefist balance lvl 10

I actually soloed some bosses in MB, MS, almost every boss in GH, and DS with an ice wizard. It isn't so hard soloing with an ice wizard. It was the easiest school for me to solo with.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Even though none of the schools were really made to be soloed with, I think Myth is the best school to solo with. Myth has minions. When I fought Kenedy the Klaw in MB at I believe lvl 35 (this quest is for myth students only and you cannot do it with friends), a minion really helped me out. I know when my friend (who is fire) had to defeat Mr. Incinerator (a quest for fire only and, once again, you can't do it with friends) she had a difficult time because she didn't have any minions to help her. I also heard from a lot of people that death is a good school to solo with. Hope this helps!

--Sabrina Goldendust
lvl 38 conjurer

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
well i'm in zafaria with my ice wizard, and i solo a lot there because i rarely find people to help me. Ice is great to solo with because of the loads of health and shields. and eventually when you get to higher levels, better damage. if you were making an Ice i would definitely recommend getting the frostbit set when you get to legendary. it really shows that ice isnt as weak as it seems! :)

Liam Shadow * Legendary Thaumaturge * Lv. 69

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Either life or death:

Life: I have a life (lvl 50) who has soloed most of the spiral. World i have soloed are WC, KT, MB, MS, DS. Yep, i even soloed Malistaire. They are good because of the ability to heal, plus with the right side school, with power, like storm or fire, you learn to adapt to a secondary school. I am bad at picking, XD, i picked death as a side, so i was dependant on life, A LOT. But with healing, and power with spells that you learn to concentrate, you are golden.

Death: Death is awesome to solo with. Even though i dont have a death, i have used friends and you can solo easily. You can attack (not highly, but enough to get through) and gain life out of that. You have a good amount of health and mana. So you are actually very durable.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
Here is the best schools and their best spells:

The list is from best to least best schools.

1. Storm - Best spells: Kraken, shark, lighting bats, triton, Sea Lord, wild bolt
(Bad thing about storm: Fizzles alot!

2. Balance - Best Spells: Judgement, helping hands, hydra, krokotililian, lady blackhope
(Bad thing about Balance: You can't go to it's school in Krokophinx if you're not a member unless you have crowns)

3. Ice - Best Spells: Frost Giant, Ice Wyveryn, Snow Bird, Evil Snowman, aiuchi, blue pheonix, frost bite
(Bad thing about Ice: When it fizzles it hurts your ears)

I'll write the best schools a little later ... I'm busy right now See ya! 8)

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Ice/Life/Fire. Not easy alone, but do able. I find it easiest with my Mammoth. Yea i got all the life i can and i am learning fire.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2012

Just to tell people, for my opinion in pvp I think balance and deth ewould be the best pvp schools. Death, has some pretty high hit rating but most spells give health to you to. Balnce, on the other hand, gives a lot of sheilds and other halpful things.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
As a widely known wizard my opinion of the best soloist schools are storm and ice. I have played very school so far up to the limit and always can figure out different strategies for each. Ice has highest possible life ever seen on a wizard in game and storm has highest recorded damage. Storm is the fierce but quick warrior who finishes battles in a snap. Ice is the fortress that can battle any thing that comes in its path. As a fellow wizard once said to me " don't knock it till you try it" don't diss others opinions but consider them and try them out for yourself

- Jason shadowmask lvl 70 ice
- Jason shadowmask lvl 70 fire
- Jason lvl 70 storm
- Jason lvl 70 life
- Jason shadowmask lvl 70 death
- Jason lvl 70 myth
- Jason legend lvl 70 balance
P.s to alexander0025, legit crit, and thegamersofficial : all three of you are epic I watched all your vids and Alex you are the best gamer I have ever seen in my life keep of your vids bro and hold your head up high!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Guys; if you are replying to those old posts, please keep this in mind:

This was back when level 50 was the max level cap, so ice didnt have 30+ resist, etc. gtg bye. :3

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I think ice would be best because you have shields and you have more health.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
Ok, The spirit schools are the most effective (death,myth,life) My favorite schools are fire ice and myth. Though, if you want to solo lets say none of your friends are on and no randoms want to help you, the best choice would be one of those. Death is probably the best since it has draining spells, but Myth is good cause you can summon minions. Life is the best for healing. I think death is the best choice. You can get health back from half of your attack spells (draining) and the attacks do a decent amount of damage. Life is great for healing, BUT the attacks are weak and It is really tough since you do not get an all-enemy attacking spell until level 58. :x So Life would be tough. Now from my own experiences Myth is decent, but in the tougher worlds you need to heal quite a bit, and that uses your pips thus taking more time to attack, and while waiting for more pips to attack the health you gained will mostly be gone again by another attack from the enemy. If your not one of those schools I highly suggest buying Rank 8 treasure cards. (Cost 8 pips) Those are really effective in bosses. :D

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
I personally think balance and having satyr is the best, the shields in conjunction with the blades, the healing, the decent damage, it is great for solo play, with few adaptions, the balance is also quite good for group play, with healing, shields, blades, and decent damage, not to mention weakness and black mantle(Which lowers accuracy)

Survivor
Jan 25, 2011
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

everything is good for soloing i guess, they all have weaknesses and strong points but it would be better to at least get 2 wizards in it

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Myth is a good choice to solo the end of the game. It isn't to affective tell you get talos minion at wintertusk. But its spells are amazing. When you get all your waterworks gear you almost never fizzle too. Take it from me, i am a level 78 myth.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Life/Storm.
Your Life has heals. Insane heals. Healshealshealshealsheals.

Storm has the damage the life missed out on, because of their healshealshealshealsheals.

In other words..
Life damage=Terrihorribad. Storm damage=Awesome.
Storm health=Horrible. Life health= Good enough.
Storm accuracy=Horriblad. Life accuracy? 90%

Take it from Nora FireWraith, who almost defeated a lv 70 at lv 37.

Curse you Judgement.