Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.

i dont agree if anyone is going to solo it it would be fire for shure!
first of all it never fizzles and it just plain make the monsters shake in there boots ;)

Survivor
May 13, 2009
ekooz wrote:
the best combo for soloing the game is myth for main school and then life for back up
i dont think that that is the BEST combo but it is a good one :D

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
Like always places like dragonspyre and such are pretty hard to solo with, especially in those pesky towers :?
I think the 3 best to solo with would be:

Death: Life draining spells so you kill and always get health :P

Ice: Not the best attacking school in the game, but it has SO much health. And if you have a good fighting strategy it should go smoothly

Life: Not always the best to solo with since it has low attack power, and not that many attacks. But if you are a person who is patient with pips and blades and all, you will almost always be able to heal and stay in the battle.

My personal opinion 8)

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Headmaster Ambrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

Good point!

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
I say the best main school for a one-man war is balance. That's because we have more than average health, (Heck, I had 1704 at lvl 26!) There is only one shield that hinders the spells (tower shield) and you get the best blades! Balanceblade, Dragon blade, and bladestorm! For a second or third school, myth, life, or death are the best. I myself am sorcerer with second myth and third life. In my opinion, nothing bests balance. If you think something does, tell me!

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Vic102 wrote:
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.

i dont agree if anyone is going to solo it it would be fire for shure!
first of all it never fizzles and it just plain make the monsters shake in there boots ;)

DUDE! VIC102! When I use fire, (even though i have only a couple fire spells) it fizzles like half the time! Just ask my brother, Jacob Dragonrider, master pyro! He totally agrees. Nothing further. :D P.S. (I dnt care if I'm being a smart aleck, but "shure" is "sure".)

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
DizzyWiz wrote:
well i think the best class to solo the game with is death cause it have good life draning spells and one of them can heal you and not to mention there are shields to power up your attacks so you can restore more health.

:-o what about life u can heal better than any other school.
and ice is really strong(i dont have a ice wiz) :?
C!GO ICE & LIFE!!! :D 8)

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
bushbaby123 wrote:
DizzyWiz wrote:
well i think the best class to solo the game with is death cause it have good life draning spells and one of them can heal you and not to mention there are shields to power up your attacks so you can restore more health.

:-o what about life u can heal better than any other school.
and ice is really strong(i dont have a ice wiz) :?
C!GO ICE & LIFE!!! :D 8)

Ummmmm........... :? F.y.i ice is the weakest school next to life. Storm is the strongest. The best to solo with is balance death myth or life. I myself have never tried soloing, but I will on my next dude!

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Ice

You can do more on your own if you go Ice, with your second as Fire; You have more resist as Ice and more health, but you have stronger attacks for Fire.
So I suggest Ice and Fire.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I would have to say that all of them can be soloed. Storm for it's power, fire for it's power, ice for it's skill and health, death for it's healing and strength, myth for it's minions, life for, of course, it's healing, and balance for it's protection. Hope this helped! (By the way, I would still try to see which one is the BEST to use. )

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
I have gotten 5 different classes to 50 all solo. In my opionion Fire was the funnest 2nd class was life death combo, life was the hardest 2nd class was ice death, Ice was the easest life death combo, storm is ok with life death combo and death was the dumbest 2nd class didnt help being ice or life or fire or storm. For me its all about doing dammage and doing it fast and death is slow and painfull to set up and fire and storm can be set up very fast Ice is slow and painful till you get 48 but there ice sheild and 50% reduction has no match so you can take one out then the other cause when soloing its just 2 your fighting. So how to solo? all you need is power pips and no fizzles :D

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Headmaster Ambrose wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

he does have a point but i think that there isnt one the game is not so easy to solo with one class because every class has at least on type of monster that is the same type

P.S Minions dont always do the right thing like instead of healing you (im talking about life minions ) they heal themselves .

P.P.S their should be a class the is effective against balance

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

Well i would say Storm for sure.It is the strongest school for me.But some people say death,I say thats second. :)

Lvl 48 Life Wizard-Christina Rose
Lvl 24 Death Wizard-Christina Rose
Lvl 35 Storm Wizard-Christina Rose

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

Death school works great for that, but there are some points in the game (such as great spyre) where you literally have to have friends with you. You simply can't get to Mallistaire without a second person, and even that requires some skillful use of your various porting options. Also, secondary schools become very important to solo play. One of my favorite wizards in my Storm wizard...especially when it comes to solo play. I made sure to start with life as my secondary school. I got the life spells up to and including Satyr so that I could heal myself well in battles. Storm is powerful, but has low health. Getting Satyr will save you later on. As soon as I got Satyr, however, I switched over to getting Death spells. I kept with the death school spells until I got feint. Trust me, you can do some serious damage against the biggest bosses later in the game when you pair storm spells with a feint. Other than that, I got the elemental blade from the balance tree. With that set up, I've pretty much wiped out everything I've come across in the game. Oh, and when you do the level 48 quest and get storm lord, facing large numbers isn't as scary as it once was either. With the 35% attack boost I get from my equipment, all it takes is a storm blade for me to be able to wipe out four of anything short of a boss (not counting kensington) with one storm lord attack.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
sghoul wrote:
I think, with grouping becoming more necessary, there needs to be an easy grouping mechanic. A way to find people easily and perhaps even teleport them to where the group is.

I absolutely agree. Maybe they could add something like a help wanted board in the common area of each world. You could see who needs help with what areas, or put up a request for help with certain quests. Then, you could simply click on a join button or something like that to join up with them for the quest. They'd have to put in a minimum level to join the quest, however, or you could have low level wizards joining groups they don't belong in to complete quests that are too advanced for them at their current level.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
BamBam76 wrote:
I am Death/Balance & am in Marleybone & have soloed all the way up. If you balance your deck right & have a back up deck for those places where the mobs are death too, you can do it just fine.

Just my opinion, but while I love balance as a primary school, I won't touch it as a secondary school. the attacks you get aren't that powerful (only primary balance schoolers get judgment), and the great boosts and shields are also balance school only. Well, elemental blades and traps, as well as spirit blades and traps can be bought with training points, but you don't need to work your way up to get them. Life makes a great secondary school up to satyr. Death makes a great secondary school up to feint. Other than that, I don't use my secondary school much...just shields, healing, and boosts. The attack spells use a lot of pips, and once your power pip level starts getting up there, it's just a waste of power pips in my opinion. It takes too long to build up for those spells. The one exception may be Storm's stormzilla, which does big damage and only takes five pips to cast.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:

i have a wizard for every school except storm. i would go with balance. i think its the best. they have a bit of every school in them.

Samantha Suncatcher
lvl 47 balance

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
I have a myth wizard and i didnt know about secondary schools till the middle of Krokatopia ( i already wasted a training point on fire cat ) and i did most of Krokatopia pretty well solo(ing). Once i got my secondary school balance it didnt really change. I never really used any Balance move exept weakness and sometimes spectral charge which was in fact useless. It was pretty easy because i used minions a lot and they helped me a lot. for example cyclops could use:

-storm shark which helped me when i was fighting myth monsters.
-fire bird which was second strongest and once determined my fate ( either i lived or died ).
-cyclops which was my strongest spell at the moment.
p.s. i soon got humungofrog
-sprite which really helped when i was weak and had low health.
-donate power which helped me 'lots' when i was low on pips.
-troll when the enemy was almost dead. I know it sounds weird but he actually saves pips and uses weak moves when needed.

Oops, sorry for making the minion discription so long. Rofl. Anyway thats why I myth is an easy school to solo with for the most part of the game. Persomally i think it is impossible to solo the game completely.

p.s. reply if you agree that it is impossible to complete the whole game solo.

Thank you,
David Spring( Steven SwiftHunter )

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
best school to solo with is fire death isntand this is what your thinking ya you herd me death isnt best because malistar he's death but he needs help to take over the spiraland hes proply mad i said that heres list of wizards best to last
1.fire
2.storm the teachers a frog tears=water
3.myth cyrus is to mean to the students :x
4.ice the teacher is a fat fairy 8)
5.life to many healing moves
6.death to much rotting dead stuff
7.balance sand wow the only thing that can do is get in your eye
8.9.10.astral sarts at bottom but might go to top
plz post about my post

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I would say the best school to solo the game with is life for the heals then get fire as a secondary for a hit all spell then as a third go death for feint so you get more power

Chase Stormsword
Grandmaster Diviner
Aedan Dawnglade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
tauntaun1 wrote:
best school to solo with is fire death isntand this is what your thinking ya you herd me death isnt best because malistar he's death but he needs help to take over the spiraland hes proply mad i said that heres list of wizards best to last
1.fire
2.storm the teachers a frog tears=water
3.myth cyrus is to mean to the students :x
4.ice the teacher is a fat fairy 8)
5.life to many healing moves
6.death to much rotting dead stuff
7.balance sand wow the only thing that can do is get in your eye
8.9.10.astral sarts at bottom but might go to top
plz post about my post

Well I have to dissagree with you. Death is actully very good. If you combine it with life and balance (I am going to try) you can probably solo some hard quests. Fire about half the time fizzles. Oh and it doesn't matter what the teachers do. Or what they look like, I think death and life along with balance is a very good combo. Myth, Ice, and storm is also a good combo. Look at healing to see how long you can stay alive. Then look at attack to see how long the fight will last. So do not judge a book by its cover or in other words, don't judge a wizard and his/her spells. Oh and by the way, I personly agree with Cyrus treating is student's bad, and Malastair is bad, but I love death spells!

Scarlet Wyrmblossom
Level 22 Necromancer (Death Wizard

Survivor
Jul 21, 2010
id have to say ice but you need a high damage secondary other wise you can only really on your 3500 halth for so long in the end and middle of the game

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
My short list of favorite schools:

Death - This is my personal favorite class. I have it paired with fire, but, i don't actually have any fire spells in my death deck. I have a second deck with just fire cards in it. I use a death staff with the fire deck and a fire wand with the death deck so that if I have to break a protection ward, I don't waste my buff's in the process.

The only thing i don't like about this class is that I spend more time buffing than every other class, plus, that's 2-5 more turns attacking than what I do. But, that's countered when vampire is finally used. Plus banshee can do a large amount of damage too. My deck is focused around buffing and attacking with banshee and vampire. I've 2 fairies for healing when I vampire isn't available and is more effective than an unbuffed ghoul. I also carry a couple of sacrifice cards, but, i prefer not to use it unless I can use death shield first or if an AI unwittingly helps with a damage reducing spell. Poison has helped a lot too. I've not really used many of the other stats cards though.

Ice: Not much to say about this class yet, but, I'm level 8 with over 800hp already. She seems to be advancing quicker than my necromancer did in that regards. The secondary school is lightning, but, the frustrating part is my ice magic is fizzling as much as my lightning magic. As long as i don't fizzle, she'll win. But, I have fizzled three times in a row :(

Myth: not much to say here either. She's only level 5 or 6 and most fights are: summon minion and heal every other turn while the minion does all the work.

I've a fire user, but, I don't really like him for some reason I can't explain. If i feel the need to play with fire, I'll equip my fire deck to my necromancer and have at it. I can't get into my lightning wizard because she feels so weak and is constantly fizzling. At least my ice wizard has all that help to slightly counter. I've not used the other classes enough to know anything about them.

And, how all that transfers past Marlebone and grizzleheim I don't know because that's where my level 30 magus necromancer is. My second strongest is my fire wizard at level 10 and my ice wizard at level 8. My necromancer is the only one capable of leaving wizard city at the moment.

But, for whatever it's worth, my opinion of the classes so far :)

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:

I would say Ice and Life. :)

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Maybe myth. That one specializes in the summoning of minions.

Jacob Dragonrider lvl 49 Master Pyromancer