Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
1
I'm a lvl 45 Death wizard and I find that with Death most battles are really easy to solo. We have a great balance of attack and defense and huge damage bonuses with our hexes. For example killed the Jade Oni in Mooshu with like 3 Wraiths. It took alot of Death hexes though. Most of are spells kill two birds with one stone. By that I mean that most of our spells can kill a enemy and heal ourselfs at the same time. So yeah i think Death is the best school to try to solo the game with. 8)GO NECROMANCERS! 8)

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
3
morfey wrote:
I am lvl 34 death/life wizard (up to seraph). I have 3 training points and am wondering what I should use them on. Doesn't seem advantageous to continue with the life spells, but I don't know what would be best. I solo almost EVERYTHING, as I'm on in the daytime when I'm mostly alone. And is there anyway to get shields, death doesn't have hardly any.



If you want shields do Ice, Balance, or Myth. all those classes have shields, well some shields.'' if only there was a school with just blades shields and converts, man it would make it a lot easier. and if you got ten traning points every time you would normally get 1, that would allow you to get all the schools in one deck! it would be awesome! it would make things lot easier to get done. and you would be really strong. you would be able to beat a Noob,: weak person. in a battle instantly!!! anyways, :P as i said Ice Balance and Myth. They're the best choices. i recomend them. anyways hoped i helped you out in any way possible Ps: i know, i like to brag.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
27
Try Ice with a second school of Balance. It worked good for me as when I started there were not many wizards to help out.

I did all solo except malistare. That one you do need help with.

David Bear

Grand Ice Wizard

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
1
look for sure all the classes are good in their ways but the wo best classes to solo the game with are death and balance they are both a bit complicated to use but if y ou know how to use them you can be very good solo wizard

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
30
Life is definately the way to go. I have down nearly 3/4 of the game by myself considering a sprite helper to heal me throughg the levels and my own heal spells. Also Life has the best percentage hit spells 90% Fizzle very little.. but I do have death as a secondary school.. If I had know what storm was...I would have gone Storm first for Trident and storm Lord with Life as the back up....Death is a good first choice with healing spells giving damage as well but you can fizzle so when they do... no healing

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
4
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated


I have been able to solo with the death wizard up to malistairs lair and the new dungeon for level 50 wizards in Colossus blvd,
i had a friend port and help with the crystals and was able to finish the game out by myself, how ever, the dungeon on Colossus blvd I was NOT able to do solo, and it took 3 times to beat the one in Malistairs lair, where you have to beat them at the same time or round about time. I used bolt and wraith, luckily bolt worked. (treasure card). You can try any wizard you want, I have death, Life, balance, Storm, and Ice, I tried myth and fire, those 2 are not really the wise choice to solo on, Storm hit's hard, but doesn't leave to many options to heal, Ice was ok, a lot of health, but no big hitters unless you get feint from the death school, life a no brainer, hits hard and you heal easily enough, Balance was decent enough, only ones who can shield from the school is Ice with tower, plus you can save up on pips use a +40 health and heal over 500 each round giving time to strike and heal at same time. But I have to say my best experience soloing came from my death wizard, you can heal and hit at same time, usually all big hits if you plan it right, plus all the xp you get when you take time setting up each opponent.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
8
i'd have to say none, actually.
all the classes were made equal.
but really, someone who is life but their secondary class is death..... two healing classes! ( sort of )

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
24
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.



hey i think that you are wrong and ice with a side of life is the best why to go but that is just what i think







sean skyblade king of ice :-)
alex skyblade noob of life



ps i am fire and ice on sean and life and ? he is a noob with no + yet so ya bye

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
2
Storm is definately the best/easiest class to solo the game. I completed Sunken City by myself with a 15 Storm Wizard. It wasnt easy, but having Life as a secondary class (up until you get 26 level spell) and then I chose to branch off into Death (for Fient spell) and it has made the rest of the worlds go by fairly smooth.

I have had no trouble solo-ing the game and I just reached Dragonspyre. :)

Enjoy Wizard101 All Witches, Wizards, and Magicians!

Tarim

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2899
Life would probably be the best way to solo. It may take longer, but the Life wizard has many ways to keep alive, and treasure cards can provide the punch needed if a certain school of spells is needed for a tough boss. I've managed to solo everything up to Necropolis on my Life wizard (I've only done about half of Grizzleheim), except Kensington Park, which I haven't tried.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
3
Well, i think its not just your main school that counts i think its your second school also. My best idea for the cobo is your main should be ice and your secondary should be storm. The most life and the highest attacks.
Well good luck to everyone on this crazy world of wizards!

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
28
Kilajula wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.

I totally agree. I am an Ice wizard with Life as a secondary school, and I have been soloing for almost the entire game, even on the harder bosses.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
18
I think Myth cause you can summon minions while you can tend to your healing needs, or if you are one of those people who like never fizzle i would suggest going for storm. One more thing i discourge going for balance because balance works way better with team play. Life is good cause you can heal, death is good cause you can do damage and heal yourself a bit but dont do fire because when you get to krokatopia you will be bummed because almost everyone resists fire. Ice i really dont know but you get a lot of health and farther into the game correct me if i am wrong but i believe that you can summon some minions. i hope this helps.


Michael GhostSpear Myth Wizard

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
13
I personally use Ice and Life magic and have found that it works almost too well.

I can heal myself, stun the people (crowd control) and do massive spike damamge with certain combonations of spells.

I haven't really dont a lot of soloing because the whole point of playing an MMORPG is to GROUP together and enjoy the fruits of the game.

I never understand why people would want to play (and pay) to play a game this size, alone. If that was the case, just fire up your XBOX or PS3 and insert "x" game and enjoy.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
1
Myth/life

because you can do damage singaly with minotaur or to a whole group with humongofrog and you can use minions to take th pressure off you and use life to heal


Alex DragonWraith Myth Grandmaster

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
39
People are not thinking clearly. What school is 3 schools in one? What school has reshuffle? What school can do almost 10,000 damage with a spell called judgement? That's right! It's balance! Balance is best known for the spell judgement as well as reshuffle and the shields. All you need to do in a balance battle is blade, then weakness when they blade, shield when they blade or trap, trap them, heal if you need it, get 7 pips, and judgement! A feint also helps in this combo. Plus, balance also is great in arena. If you don't have a balance character, or they do not have judgement yet, you are missing out man!

Balance is the best school to solo with, as well as arena with, and i think a lot of people would agree with me.

Best regards,
Patrick Starcatcher, Level 28 Balance

Survivor
May 22, 2010
12
I think that Death wizards are powerful, but personaly, i like Fire. Pyromancers have many effective spells, like Heck Hound, which hurt overtime. Their goal, is to harm overtime, increasing in damadge. I think thats smart, because when the enemy is weak, they have no chance to heal, because it harms them overtime. Diviners, or Storm wizards, have very powerful spells too. They hurt all at once. I think thats fine, but the enemy has a chance to heal when they are out of pips. They fizzle alot though. My wizard is Fire/Storm. Do not Fret, I am here to help :D

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
19

I think the best class 2 solo with is death. Because u can heal and kill.
Death RULES!

-Lindsey Dusk
Grand Death

Survivor
May 13, 2009
9
I would say that storm and life make a good team because if you need healing, life spells do the trick. if you need a 1 hit ko, storm if the best( though it fizzles alot). i am a lvl 24 storm/life wizard. i just got Marelybone.
:)

Survivor
May 13, 2009
9
if you are a sort of 1 hit kill and you need to attack and heal, I would recomend storm/death wizard. I started a new mith/life wizard, but it got sort of boring doing quests i already did :(

Survivor
May 11, 2009
5
TinkerBlue wrote:
My first wizard was a storm wizard. Although I got her to Mooshu, there were many areas she needed a lot of support.

My current wizard is Life/Death. I find that she does very well for solo. (even did Temple of Storms alone as well as half-way through Marleybone). I use the other school multi-attack treasure cards (frog, meteor, blizzard, sandstorm) to beef up the attack at times but find the Life/Death combination very effective. The Life minion also works very well since she can focus on healing spells so I can focus on attack.

I haven't reached Big Ben yet so don't know if she will manage that alone.
Big Ben is really hard to solo, I am level 40 life and I can't solo it. (-_-)

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
6
storm atacks the strongest but if you have no crowns go for death ( crowns becouse in order to do it in solo you need crowns and life and storm has low life so you need good armours ) so if you are just member go for death or balance

Survivor
May 30, 2009
1
personall i believe to solo you should go with balance their attacks dont do much but they can amp it up where it does a lot and they can make the enemy weaker so it doesnt really matter if they dont have such powerful attacks :

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
2
Well I for one think Storm with a mix of all the schools is the way to go.
It wont get you the easiest battle but its diversitiehelps amoung all ranges of the spiral. Think, in Mooshu a lot of bosses were life death and balance
Balance is a no brainer with no opposites but use life, death. and myths spell on them would work well together. Then there are the Death bosses, using a multi combat style of life balance and your main school (Death school with caution) will be deafeated easily. Last, but certinaly not least: Life. The method to taking down the life would be the oppsite of taking down death.

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
50
Never try storm and fire. I tried, and never got past Unicorn Way! Death is good because of the wards, shields, blades, etc. Storm and mixing the secondary is good too.
basically, it depends on what you prefer.