Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
5
Hawk wrote:
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.
number one that is rude even though i am a death student. I cant go anywhere with out my ice student Monica Pixietalon. There is no best school ice maybe weak in action a little bit but thaey have great deffences. same with storm they may be good at action but they have horribal deffences. :D :-) :) sorry i love these things

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
16
I disagree with some people. Though it is unsure what school is best to solo it, I don't think death, mainly because a lot of the bosses are death and they have high resistance. lol but I'm a death wizard.

DEATH ROCKS!

Survivor
May 25, 2009
7
Death is the only school you have a chance with. Even then, only a truly seasoned player could attempt it, but in the end, the game gets wise to you plan, and trips you up, so truly, your endeavor is impossible. Even IF you could do all of the main line quests solo, you would never make it through Kensington Park, or any of the other side quests which are meant to be played with four STRONG players working as a team.

This game was never meant for the solo player, hence the reason anyone can jump in the battle with you if they happen along and need the same monster for quest, as long as there is an open spot. There are some enemies, especially in Stormriven, that you would have to be nearly insane to take on by yourself.

If you really want to play alone, I suggest buying a lot of crowns, because you will be hiring henchmen a lot. :x

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
darkrabbit4 wrote:
Myth/life does pretty well solo for awhile (summoning minion to do damage while you buff/debuff/heal)

But once you get to a certain point you'll need at least another person to help out. I think once I got to level 30 I couldn't solo anymore - it was too hard and I kept dying.


Myth was fantastic and fun to play up until Celestia. I was able to breeze through gauntlets without having to worry about health and mana, and the only real difficulties I had was with Myth bosses in Dragonspyre.

Celestia destroys pretty much all your strategy that you used, because with the way how cheap and dirty Celestia is, using minions becomes impractical and suicidal. You'll revert to the bread and butter strategy that every single wizard uses, which is, charge pips, attack. Charge pips, attack. (And make sure to hit hard.) In my opinion, this is also what completely killed the Myth wizard for me, as I no longer wish to play it.

I would have to say, if you do wish to play a wizard that is easy to play, use Life (who can also summon help for their level 58 boss fight), or Death, which can absorb and heal at the same exact time it damages enemies. In my opinion, due to the fact that Death heals at the same time it damages, Death seems to prove to be easier to play than Life.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
3
well i think balance is a bit of everything and you can buff other people who are in a battle with you.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
203
First off, ty Wizard101 for henchmen as they made it after I got my storm character and made it more easier to solo for people with crowns. I mostly solo and I have all seven schools. Balance I have as first character on my second account. This is what my experience was like of different schools. Ok, on fire, it hard to solo, but there are lots more fire drops so I did not make a storm on my second account, just on my first. On Death, you can solo as you use death to heal and attack, but sometimes I had friends to help me. On Life, you can heal, but it takes forever to attack. On Storm, you need to be secondary death or life, otherwise you will die, due to low health.

On Myth, it good to solo and awesome at pvp if you start at a low level, due to minions and be secondary ice for tower shields. On ice, high defence and high health makes it good to solo. Ice is weak, but get a strong secondary school if you think this.

Balance is the best because you get all defence shields for free. Awesome for pvp, get ice up to tower shield then use the rest of the training points for life healing up to satyr. Then use the rest in Celestia. :D

I've only got three grandmasters in fire, death and life on my first account, but since I got all the characters, this was my experience of them. Do not hire henchmen, if you find your character not always dying.

Celestia is hard so if you have no friends you end up getting henchmen for most of the battles. :?As they attack fast and hard that your close to death, but some aliens do not so you do not need to hire henchmen for some of them just see how your health goes, but attack hard and fast as well.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
1
ok, i admit that balance is the best class but all classes are good in there own way

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
522
I would say life up to Celestia. I am life and storm (level 56) and I've done pretty well soloing until I reached Celestia. I am currently trying to get my death/ice wizard up (she's level 30).

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
6
A death wizard with storm as secondary

Matthew Mythblood
Lvl 46
Myth/storm

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
1
I am a Necromancer lvl 46 Currently on Obsidian Tomb in DragonSpyre
I have had mostly no problem soloing everything thus far. There were a couple mobs I needed to revamp my deck for a couple times before I could beat alone. as a death wiz, the dungeon in nightside took me a sec, Mavra slowed me down a bit. Nothing really has been too hard alone yet though. I have done almost all of the side quests besides Kensington, and this is my first character. Taskmaster of Djal probably gave me the most trouble lower level. I went through Mavra at 42.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
3
i agree because for one you get spectral minion and second of all you get minion of balance

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
13
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D


well, the problem with balance is that it odes a lot of damage but it doesnot have a lot of healing, and also many monsters in the worlds of the spiral (espicially krokotopia) are balance sadly hope i helped you!

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
522
I have six wizards on one account, two on another, and my son has his own.
The first wizard I made was a balance but I got rid of her. I don't remember what my second wizard was.
The third wizard I made is my now my main wizard. She is life and storm and I have soloed most of the worlds except Celestia. Celestia is really hard for me.
I have a death and ice wizard that is in Marleybone. Another one I have started to solo.
I am working on a myth and ice wizard who is in Kroktopia.
I also have a balance/myth wizard, fire/life wizard, and a storm and fire wizard.
My son's main is ice and fire.
My other two are balance and ice and life and balance.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
1
But some other schools would be good too. myth is right in the middle of all the schools, not to high health, not too low. not too high attack not too low. so i chose myth school.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
35
Life definetely. You could always get yourself out of tough situations by healing yourself and friends, and the accuracy of life spells is tremendous! 90%!!!

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
1
Ever school has it's up and downs. You just have to be able to make sure you know what to do with whatever school you're gonna play as, each school should be played differently as the others: Such as Storm-You need to try and kill it as soon as you can because of how little of health you have, but with Life-You're gonna have to take your time, you have heals on your side so there's no need to try rushing it.

(Lvl 60) Life-Great heals and %, slow on attacks, and it can sometimes take up to 4+ rounds just to get in a attack. I have a Life with Ice as a secondary and love it, but she was also my 1st wizard ever and I made a lot of bad chose when it came down to which extra spells to get, but I'm happy to say I soloed all the way up to Mal, but, really, no matter what it's almost impossible to solo here because of the fact of the 2 enemies you have to kill in a 3-5 minutes of each-other. And then there's the final area in cl (I forgot the name but I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about). There's no way you can do this place on your own..! It's just too hard.

(Got to lvl 35 and just couldn't get into the school) Death-You get to attack and get healed at the same time, and you have the o mighty feint on your side. It's a great school but I don't care for it, but that's just me. I tried making one and I just couldn't get into it.

(Lvl 60) Myth-L.O.V.E.D. This school it's a great pvp school, but not really good for soloing mainly because you're minion is only good up till mb. And unless you have life, death, and or ice as your secondary your gonna die a lot. My Myth had life as her secondary and she did great, I was able to solo with her up till Mal. Once again Mal, you kill my dreams of being able to solo the game =/.

(Lvl 60) Balance-All around GREAT school and I loved playing as her :). I had Life/Death as my secondary and did amazing :D The best part about this school is that you get every shield for free and have to shield that can block you (other then the great tower shield) This school is great for soloing, but yet again Mals minions kill my dreams Dx... Sorry I have really nothing bad to say about this school.

(Got to lvl 35 and had a mental breakdown because I couldn't stand fizzing once more) Storm-This is a good school, but no way will you be able to solo this school. NO WAY!!! It's a very powerful school, but it fizzles so much it's not even funny, yes you get great % at around lvl 50 but it's pretty much a coin flip to see if you can kill the enemy before it kills you, there is no way you can solo to mb without having life as your secondary. It's a great school just not to great to solo with.

(Got to lvl 30 and realized this just wasn't the school for me) Fire-This is a OK school... I just don't care for it (sorry all you fire people) It's almost as bad when it comes to fizzing as storm, but it's not the fizzing that did it in for my with this school, it's all the over time attacks. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure there's no way you can solo up till ms, maybe even mb.

(Lvl 46 atm and loving every minute I play as her) Ice-I have to say, out of all the schools Ice has to be my favorite of them all, she has fire/life as her secondary. This school is all about patients, it has it's ups and down like every-other school. With this school you get great health and don't fizz that much, and you also have tower shield on your side. :D I haven't had to ask for help once and I'm hoping I'll be able to solo Mal with this person, and I have to say Ice is probably the best school to pvp with, witch only add-eds on to how great it is. It can take sometime to get powerful attacks, but with the right secondary school Ice can be pretty much unstoppable.

Lvl 60 Life-Scarlet Wintergem
Lvl 60 Myth-Scarlet Ashgem
Lvl 60 Balance-Scarlet Soulheart
Lvl 46 Ice- Scarlet Frostflower

-Have a very magical day :)

(Please forgive me if I spell anything wrong, and if it is somewhat long)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
2
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

well i personally think fire is very easy to solo until you get to dragonspyre or maybe the jade oni
i went until the jade oni without needing that much health
i dont really think death is very easy to solo with though
but thats just my opionio

Survivor
May 31, 2009
19
I'd say the best class to solo the game with is storm, with death as a second (for feint) and star as a third, i've almost never needed help with anything simply because you can usually kill everything in one hit, you just need to compensate for the low health with either sheer power or just get ice as a third school for tower shield or life as a third school for heals

Chase StormSword Legendary Diviner
Aedan DawnGlade Grandmaster Theurgist
Valkoor DuskFlame Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
May 20, 2010
6
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated


with out a doubt to solo the game death is the best because you heal when you kill and it has many spells that making working alone easy. i have many other chars but others i found i needed help with quests. with my death i didnt need help at all actually :) hope this helps

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
39
Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
46
I think the best solo class is myth and secondary either storm or life.
Here are my reasons:
1. minions back you up and if you start a duel with a minion in your hand, the duel's outcome is sealed.
2. if you have life as a second school you can heal yourself while you charge up an earthquake or orthrus (lower levels we can say humongofrog)
3.if you have storm as a secondary you can just keep overwhelming your opponents with devastating attacks

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
3
Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
2
I think death is the best solo because you can kill and get life at same time.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
5
why does all people question whats the best school whats the best combiniation and whats the best to solo with it ( life i think its life!!!!!!!) there is no such thing as the perfect school face it people of wizard101

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
2
well i know this is not solo but i think fire with life school is the best because fire dose the most damage but then your notice you have very low life then thats when life comes in handy i like the death school alot but........
theres are alot of bosses that are death do thats hard cause they resist alot :