Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
I am Death/Balance & am in Marleybone & have soloed all the way up. If you balance your deck right & have a back up deck for those places where the mobs are death too, you can do it just fine.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
My computer must have been glitching or something, because I am re-writing this reply for the third time lol.

Either way. Death and Life I would say have the best survivability.

Death automatically recovers health thanks to their drain spells, and Death wizards can use buffs to make their attacks incredibly powerful, equal to that of storm or fire magic. The more powerful their attacks become, the more health they would also regain.

Death also has a minion that inflicts additional damage, and with life spells, a Death wizard can use those to effectively damage Death mobs that have a lot of death resistance.

Life can quickly turn around and heal damage thanks to their innate power pips. Their healing minion can save them from the brink of death with its additional healing magic, while the Life wizard can attack. They can also go into death as secondary magic, to damage mobs resistant to life.

I would say, thanks solely to the healing minion, that LIFE ends up being a winner in the solo/survivalist category.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
Some primary schools solo in some areas better than others, and in other areas WORSE than others.

At level 30, I was able to solo Sunken City with my Balance mage. My partner's same-level Death mage would have had no chance of doing the same thing, for another 10 levels, IMO.

OTOH, I had a lot more trouble than her in Hyde Park (Marleybone) than she did, because of the Balance-typed enemies, who proved distressingly resistant to the majority of my spells.

At a guess, I suspect Ice might be slightly more universally able to solo, than other schools - mostly due to their "endure anything and come out smiling" schtick: more HP, stun spells, etc. But my own Ice mage is only level 5, so, I can't be certain of that yet.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:
..I would say, thanks solely to the healing minion, that LIFE ends up being a winner in the solo/survivalist category.

I'm Life with Fire as secondary but very rarely use my minion in solo.
Yesterday I did around ten solo run in Big Ben to get that Krok pet from Meowiarty and only once I used my minion.
I also usually only put one Fairy, Satyr, and Dryad in my deck. I rely on my shields to stay alive and only use heal when health already low. That way I can use more pips for attack.
Other advantage for Life wizard is very few enemies cast Life shield on them even the Death ones. And for Life enemies like Youkai I just put lots of Convert Life to Death cards in my deck.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
I managed to solo the entire game (except sunken city) with a Death/Storm wizard. Death has the right balance of attack, defense and self healing to make it very viable in solo. It's also pretty nasty in a duel. While lifers have to waste valuable pips and rounds to heal themselves, death school can continue to deal out damage while drawing health from the enemy. It's nice to be a necromoncer.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2008
Ice/Storm combo is the best type to solo.
Since Storm has the highest attack and Ice having the highest health that can allow many oppurtunities after fizzling before dying.
Life/Death combos and Balance/Myth combos can also be great solo types.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
I settled on Pyromancer with a few balance school blades and traps (I still have 10 training points avalable!).
I have solo killed Youkai and Jade Oni easily with short decks, and can kill a full set of 4 elite monsters solo in as few as 5 rounds (about 3-4 minutes) with a tiny deck.

It really is about knowing your school and how to best use your cards, as well as knowing which other schools cards will enhance yours the best.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I would say, thanks solely to the healing minion, that LIFE ends up being a winner in the solo/survivalist category.

The Balance minion is good at Buffing and Debuffing. Very very very good at it. And at donating Pips to you, so you can cast X or Y spell sooner. ^_^

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
i think balance is pretty good, unfortunatly there are some monsters that are balance and give you a hard time but it all works out when you get judgement as a spell card.

Explorer
Jun 21, 2008
CyberDonkey wrote:
No class is good enough to solo Wizard101,
you need to unite some classes to complete Wizard101.

I agree with you CyberDonkey. My first student is Balance (Tatiana RubyBlossum) but I decided to add Life as her secondary school to heal if she is alone and have recently started adding death as a third school. There won't be a fourth school for her.

I have a storm student who is only a Storm student(Kestral DayForge) with no secondary school. Storm student's spells are powerful but have a high chance of fizzling unfortunately. When a group of storm students work together, they have the confidence of knowing if one fizzles, the other probably won't or one will use flash to gain strength while the other .

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008

I am also a Primary Balce Wizard with Life as secondary school and Death as tertiary school. I have soloed the Sword Saint and usually have little problem with anything by simple deck tweaks.

I agree that a single school would have a multiude of problems completing the diverse schools on the different speres. At least a fairly decent level in a secondary school I believe is needed.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2008
i've taken 6 different schools to master and higher since launch and i usually dont even spend any training points.. i'd have to say life, balance, and ice are the best for soloing.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
Hi my name is Savannah Frostheart on the game and i am an ice wizard. i do storm and fire on the side. i can get through pretty much the whole game by myself (except kensington park). even the jade oni and the most powerful wizards i don't need help with. it is probably because of how many health points i have, and since my side spells are pretty strong. so ice in my opinion is the best for soloing.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
Having soloed a full game (through moosho) I can say that an Ice wizard with a secondary school of Life CAN finish the game solo. I did have trouble with Sunken City and with some Uber Foes like Youkai and the Oni's. (Took me 3 trys with Youkai - 8000 points of life. WOW!!)
I ended up with a level 45 wizard, 2770 hits, 370 powerpoints.
I can't wait to take this character to next world.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
i think life is best becuase you can heal mor in battle and you can summon a spirit guardian at lvl 17 or 18 which heals you a lot and life got me to lvl 27 in 3 or 4 days and i can now go to marleybone and almost MooShu

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
finished the game at lv44 life/storm. easily can solo youkai and jade oni. only had a little help on some boss fights early on.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
When I wrote an earlier reply about life and death schools being on the top of my list, I had been rather unfamiliar with Death wizards and all their spells.

I never realized Death wizards would get the Sacrifice spell, nor all their buffs and traps by level 26.

With such a huge damage boosting potential, which enables bigger life drains, and such a frequent amount of healing; drain, sprite/pixie, sacrifice, I would have to say, once Death wizards get their pet at 28, they will become EXTREMELY formidable.

I wont change my mind about Life, I still think Life would tweak out on top, but just now am I realizing exactly how good a Death wizard can be.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
The best classes to have in this game is easily Myth and/or Life.Myth gives the minion,and life has the heals you may need.I went through the entire game as just a Myth and soloed quite well.I made another player as Life/Myth but without the minions its not the same.
I might also add that the Life tree has a higher accuracy like 90%,whereas some are around the 80% and some even lower like Storm.You will notice a large difference from 90% to the lesser % because you will Fizzle a lot on 70-80 %.

I will also add that you need to change up your minions from time to time and not stick with just one.I found the highest minotaur minion to be near useless,go figure they made it your highest minion.
I also like to mention that you should learn to carry different staffs as you never know when you need to change it up.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
DizzyWiz wrote:
well i think the best class to solo the game with is death cause it have good life draning spells and one of them can heal you and not to mention there are shields to power up your attacks so you can restore more health.
All schools have power boosts and sheilds. So that doesn't make death the best.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
Kandrel wrote:
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

Halfway through Krokotopia so far, and as a Fire school that's dabbled in life, I've found everything doable solo so far. Instanced boss fights are difficult, sure, and take some time, but I'm able to prevail a good amount of the time.
I'm a storm wizard with ice magic skill, I have also done pretty great during and after beta testing...not saying the other schools aren't cool or anything.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
You can not solo the entire game, is just impossible. I have 6 characters, one of every class execpt for Balance. All 6 of those characters are in MooShu already and all 6 of them did about 95% of all those quests to get to MooShu solo. Now in MooShu is a different story, there will be some bosses that you will need a friend to beat. Currently i am using my Death wizard and i am a few quests away from finishing MooShu but i had some help from friends. If MooShu is this hard, imagine Dragonspyre? Soloing the game is impossible.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
Personally, I think it is either death, myth, or balance. Of course, good strategy is the key. But if you can find someone to help you, then take the opportunity. As I say, the only thing more powerful than a balance wizard is his partner.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
I have played most of the game solo with my fire student(still in krokotopia ). Actully,it depends on how you build your deck.So you can solo the game, its only going to be hard.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
My fist character was Ice/Life. She was a good character really liked the health. Lots of protection but not a lot of power behind the spells.

Next character Balance death. Now this is an awesome character. I can fight any character in Mooshu alone. I think this has become my favorite :)

With Judgment of Balance and +70 trap from Death this is awesome for fighting the Jade oni :)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
I completed all of the worlds solo with a fire/storm character. It fizzled a lot but when it didn't it payed off.