Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No, no, NOOO!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
This topic is being pulled by many wizards who are tired of this! I am only at the second quest and I wasted an hour on these 2 quests. Like Avalon was perfect: the diffuclty level was just perfect with what we were capable of. But in Azteca, I can almost die in the seccond round of a MOB fight. And the only fights I did in Azteca we're long, boring, hard and not enjoyable at all. They were only fire! And seems like everybody here is fire. Since they have the triple health that we have, we need to use stronger spells to fight them. Rain of Fire is great, but we need pips for it. But then I need pips for converts. Then I'm dying, so i loose 4 pips for satyr, and then he efreets my and the result is that I did a complete waste of pips.

Its way too hard!

I dont even think I'll keep on questing. KI, if you dont do anything, you will loose players and i'm probably going to be one of them.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
Guess what i'm fire too and i did the missions just fine. Don't save up for rain just mass prism then meteor, maybe blade yourself. I like the challenge of azteca the enemies actually put up a fight. If they game is too hard for you then dont play it.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
186
popcicool7777777 on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
This topic is being pulled by many wizards who are tired of this! I am only at the second quest and I wasted an hour on these 2 quests. Like Avalon was perfect: the diffuclty level was just perfect with what we were capable of. But in Azteca, I can almost die in the seccond round of a MOB fight. And the only fights I did in Azteca we're long, boring, hard and not enjoyable at all. They were only fire! And seems like everybody here is fire. Since they have the triple health that we have, we need to use stronger spells to fight them. Rain of Fire is great, but we need pips for it. But then I need pips for converts. Then I'm dying, so i loose 4 pips for satyr, and then he efreets my and the result is that I did a complete waste of pips.

Its way too hard!

I dont even think I'll keep on questing. KI, if you dont do anything, you will loose players and i'm probably going to be one of them.
Uh I do agree its kind of challenging but why did you just say a bad word?

Survivor
May 24, 2012
13
prisim fire dragon meteor blades maybe mass prisim and if other school polymorph to dracoin

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
94
Zlyxer on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Uh I do agree its kind of challenging but why did you just say a bad word?
The moderators would of not posted this if it had a bad word. Since it is posted, it means their is nothing that is against the rules. Besides I reread it and their is no bad words.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2012
2
popcicool7777777 on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
This topic is being pulled by many wizards who are tired of this! I am only at the second quest and I wasted an hour on these 2 quests. Like Avalon was perfect: the diffuclty level was just perfect with what we were capable of. But in Azteca, I can almost die in the seccond round of a MOB fight. And the only fights I did in Azteca we're long, boring, hard and not enjoyable at all. They were only fire! And seems like everybody here is fire. Since they have the triple health that we have, we need to use stronger spells to fight them. Rain of Fire is great, but we need pips for it. But then I need pips for converts. Then I'm dying, so i loose 4 pips for satyr, and then he efreets my and the result is that I did a complete waste of pips.

Its way too hard!

I dont even think I'll keep on questing. KI, if you dont do anything, you will loose players and i'm probably going to be one of them.
Just get better armor.

-The team (: (Brad,brooke, kayla)


Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
27
Spend some time working on strategy, its the only way. You can't keep hoping the battle goes your way. It's time to knuckle down. if you are more of a casual gamer team up and work in a group.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
37
popcicool7777777 on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
This topic is being pulled by many wizards who are tired of this! I am only at the second quest and I wasted an hour on these 2 quests. Like Avalon was perfect: the diffuclty level was just perfect with what we were capable of. But in Azteca, I can almost die in the seccond round of a MOB fight. And the only fights I did in Azteca we're long, boring, hard and not enjoyable at all. They were only fire! And seems like everybody here is fire. Since they have the triple health that we have, we need to use stronger spells to fight them. Rain of Fire is great, but we need pips for it. But then I need pips for converts. Then I'm dying, so i loose 4 pips for satyr, and then he efreets my and the result is that I did a complete waste of pips.

Its way too hard!

I dont even think I'll keep on questing. KI, if you dont do anything, you will loose players and i'm probably going to be one of them.
KI isn't going to loose players. Try and make 30,000,000 players quit. It's impossible..
You can quit, but no one else will agree to quit just because of your conundrum.
When there's a will, there's a way. And yes, there is will. So find the way.
Abigail Dragondreamer

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Abigail Dragondrea... on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
KI isn't going to loose players. Try and make 30,000,000 players quit. It's impossible..
You can quit, but no one else will agree to quit just because of your conundrum.
When there's a will, there's a way. And yes, there is will. So find the way.
Abigail Dragondreamer
Yes they are losing players with this new world. I am one of them. Another friend who has played since Beta is done too. I had all my main questing friends quit at Celestia, more quit when Zafaria came out and more when Avalon came out.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
37
Megan Frostriver on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
Yes they are losing players with this new world. I am one of them. Another friend who has played since Beta is done too. I had all my main questing friends quit at Celestia, more quit when Zafaria came out and more when Avalon came out.
Well, they're just quitters. Be the bigger, better person and don't quit nor give up. So keep trying.
Happy playing! (And not giving up!)
Abigail D.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
186
Likeahbaws on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
The moderators would of not posted this if it had a bad word. Since it is posted, it means their is nothing that is against the rules. Besides I reread it and their is no bad words.
Ah sorry I must be seeing things.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Abigail Dragondrea... on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
Well, they're just quitters. Be the bigger, better person and don't quit nor give up. So keep trying.
Happy playing! (And not giving up!)
Abigail D.
No we are all adults who work hard in real life. We play the game to relax and have fun. We don't want a second, third or fourth job in a game. For us the point of the game is FUN not stress. Real life has more than enough stress for me.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
43
You can't expect a battle to go your way. Just doesn't happen that way. It's a GAME. Get used to it. Fights are fights. The enemies are enemies. Do the enemies care that you're bored? No, they just do what KI made them do. Fight. That's all the ever do. Just save pips and get gear, maybe power pips to make it quicker. Quicker- not exactly WAY FASTER. Quiters quit. Quiters give up. Quiters don't TRY. Quiters just don't try. They don't try and the probably will keep on not trying. Don't be a quiter. Actually try and see if you could like it. It's hard yeah but life's harder. It's a GAME and why don't you try it with friends? Fun with friends actually. And you could just have fun, don't bore yourself. DO something besides not liking it. Try at least. Always TRY before you give up.

"Never give up, try harder"

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Yeah mostlt fire and myth in azteca but if you just systemize your deck it will be fine trust me. My main is a fire and i got through clear up to just passed the storm boss at top temple by the weavers in 2 days. It is challenging but tune your deck a bit and definately get more health if you only have around 1500 health at this level then there is a problem (unless you have 80+% global resist).

Donot use RoF, It takes way to long to cast. Just prism,blade,furnace,colossal/meteor. Do this every other round or so and fight will be over in 3-6 rounds. My fire usually kills in 2-3 attacks when fighting against fire.

Tweak your deck , my deck for mobs consists of 6 colossal,6meteor,4 blade,4 furnace and thats it and i add 4 prisms when fighting fire with fire.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
Megan Frostriver on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
Yes they are losing players with this new world. I am one of them. Another friend who has played since Beta is done too. I had all my main questing friends quit at Celestia, more quit when Zafaria came out and more when Avalon came out.
Then your friends are quitters

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
cowstastegood on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
Then your friends are quitters
ROTFL

What is your point?

Why yes we are. Just not in the sense you mean. We could beat this game tidily. They left because the game was no longer FUN. That is why I am leaving. They voted with their hard earned dollars and so am I. They moved on to a different MMORPG. One that provided FUN. So have I.

I have Wizards that could go. I have put in so much time and effort to them. Yet, I am walking away, that says something. Long time players are leaving. People are mentioning the game is NOT FUN. It should be.

It is now geared to people with the BEST gear and pets rather than the average player. That is NOT how the first arc of the game was. Gear that was good was available in the Bazaar. Before you got your level 50 robe you could buy one that was virtually the same. The only thing it lacked was resist to your school and a card. That is no longer the case.

Furthermore this is actively marketed as a fun family game. Many of us think the later worlds are far from that marketing.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Quite a few of the players - at least the ones I used to have as friends just don't have this type of challenge in them. They are not quitters, they are just no capable of the mind set needed to play hard core games and there is nothing wrong with that.

They should not be belittled for that or called quitters. Altho I did take one wizard though Avalon - frankly endless battles made it one big slog fest for me and I couldn't tell you what the story line was or any thing because I just wanted to get it done with. I am not a quitter, I just prefer a different kind of entertainment for my money.

Past Celestia KI has decided more income and memberships can be had if the game competes with other hard core offerings so they stepped it up to meet that. Casual gamers are not plentiful enough to base a game around them.

As for me I have decided to play the part of the game I first joined Wizards101 for - the stress free, happy go lucky part - which pretty much ends at the end of DragonSprye for me. It's the part where I have to put some thought into deck set up and gear but I don't have to totally drill things down just to get though a regular mob battle.

In my time of being a member I must say after traveling though the Spiral a few times I think it is more then evident where the line is draw on who bothers to go on and who leaves out of inability to keep up or getting bored with all the logistics involved to move on. Even on a crowded realm travel though the areas of Mooshu and make note of how many others are there with you. Toward the end it's a ghost town. In the end I believe more people are questing in Wizard City and Krockatopia then in Avalon and Azteca.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
58
Maybe you need to devise a new strategy. Rain of Fire is not a good choice for mobs of your school. Try using meteor and mass prism.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
Megan Frostriver on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
ROTFL

What is your point?

Why yes we are. Just not in the sense you mean. We could beat this game tidily. They left because the game was no longer FUN. That is why I am leaving. They voted with their hard earned dollars and so am I. They moved on to a different MMORPG. One that provided FUN. So have I.

I have Wizards that could go. I have put in so much time and effort to them. Yet, I am walking away, that says something. Long time players are leaving. People are mentioning the game is NOT FUN. It should be.

It is now geared to people with the BEST gear and pets rather than the average player. That is NOT how the first arc of the game was. Gear that was good was available in the Bazaar. Before you got your level 50 robe you could buy one that was virtually the same. The only thing it lacked was resist to your school and a card. That is no longer the case.

Furthermore this is actively marketed as a fun family game. Many of us think the later worlds are far from that marketing.
I am not the kind of person who buys four million crowns why a new pack comes out or if a new pet or mount came out i have to get it, but i still think the game is fun. And for as many people who are quitting because it is not fun, there are at least the same number who think it is fun. At some points i get stuck on a row of quests. But i dont just quit playing. I normally play on a different character. Also, KI would lose even more players if they DIDN'T make new worlds. Would you like to still be on Dragonspyre?

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
5
If you really loved this game you wouldn't be saying all these mean things about it. I was stuck on the 2nd quest for a day, but I didnt give up and neither should you.

Tyler Goldenstalker

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
37
Megan Frostriver on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
ROTFL

What is your point?

Why yes we are. Just not in the sense you mean. We could beat this game tidily. They left because the game was no longer FUN. That is why I am leaving. They voted with their hard earned dollars and so am I. They moved on to a different MMORPG. One that provided FUN. So have I.

I have Wizards that could go. I have put in so much time and effort to them. Yet, I am walking away, that says something. Long time players are leaving. People are mentioning the game is NOT FUN. It should be.

It is now geared to people with the BEST gear and pets rather than the average player. That is NOT how the first arc of the game was. Gear that was good was available in the Bazaar. Before you got your level 50 robe you could buy one that was virtually the same. The only thing it lacked was resist to your school and a card. That is no longer the case.

Furthermore this is actively marketed as a fun family game. Many of us think the later worlds are far from that marketing.
Hey,
If you quit, why are you still on the message boards? You know, you have to take a challenge sometimes in a virtual game. Why do think there's level 90? Because the game is getting more challenging! Every time you move onto a new world, it HAS to get more challenging. If it didn't, THAT would take the fun out of it. So, that's why they have to make it more challenging. You are acting SO juvinille and soforth, it is fun because it gets more challenging. Plus, your an adult. It should be easy for you.
Abigail Dragondreamer

"Your heart won't stop so keep trying.."

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
cowstastegood on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
I am not the kind of person who buys four million crowns why a new pack comes out or if a new pet or mount came out i have to get it, but i still think the game is fun. And for as many people who are quitting because it is not fun, there are at least the same number who think it is fun. At some points i get stuck on a row of quests. But i dont just quit playing. I normally play on a different character. Also, KI would lose even more players if they DIDN'T make new worlds. Would you like to still be on Dragonspyre?
Where did I say don't make new worlds? I said the new worlds are no longer FUN. My friends and I quit because we started playing a FUN game geared towards families. It is no longer that. The game has become some hard core wanna be rather than the family game it is marketed to be, IMO.

No the same amount of people don't find new worlds as fun as the first arc. Celestia forward are virtual ghost towns. The new world is crowded because it is new. Wait a few months and it to will be empty. The busiest worlds I see are first arc. I suspect the majority of players who like the new worlds are adults or young adults.

Yes I would much rather more new worlds like the first arc. It made sense. The growth in challenges made sense. When I started it was harder than it is now. But it was FUN. I played to be entertained and have FUN. Not to pull my hair out and get stressed out.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
147
Well, I wouldn't give up just because the quests are hard! I do agree that Av was perfect, but i do like Azteca (am I the only one that thinks azteca is like a difficult mix of Dragonspyre and Krok?). Try getting an ice and life to help you, and plz, keep trying, azteca is FUN!!!

Julia DragonLeaf-Level 84 Ice

MeganDragonleaf-Level 25 Storm

"The Best Things In Life Are Free, But Wizard101 Begs To Differ!"

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
1
It's not hard if you have a buddy or group to quest with. Just teleport to the crowded world and find someone who is close to where you are in the Azteca adventure!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Abigail Dragondrea... on Nov 23, 2012 wrote:
Hey,
If you quit, why are you still on the message boards? You know, you have to take a challenge sometimes in a virtual game. Why do think there's level 90? Because the game is getting more challenging! Every time you move onto a new world, it HAS to get more challenging. If it didn't, THAT would take the fun out of it. So, that's why they have to make it more challenging. You are acting SO juvinille and soforth, it is fun because it gets more challenging. Plus, your an adult. It should be easy for you.
Abigail Dragondreamer

"Your heart won't stop so keep trying.."
Calling people names is juvenile. As is trying to tear them down or degrade them because they have a different opinion than you. It is also very rude.

Fun is in the eye of the beholder. If these tough worlds are so fun why are they so empty? The original arc has many more players. As I said before I don't need or want my entertainment and escape to be another job. I want it to be fun.

I have never said things should not get more difficult. I just object to the manner in which it has happened.

I am waiting for my sub to end and expressing my opinion while I can.