Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No, no, NOOO!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
7
Hi, I agree with all of you it is challenging but its not fun. I have a really bad temper and I end up punching something when a battle doesn't go my way, (like the spiny saur quest.) I had 5 goes at it before i realized i could do it. All of you out there don't quit you have probably spent about $200 over the years on membership and crowns to be the best but i bet you didn't realize you were already the best. Everything is possible it can be done you just need to set your mind to it. I get bored easily, I was in pitch black lake just starting off defeating crabs and after a battle I yawned and came off. But you have probably had lots of joy in past worlds so why let this ruin your time on the game. Don't waste your lives if you don't want. Nobody is forcing you to play it just come on for a half hour a day and see what you can do. You may think you have wasted your money but when you bought them you were just having fun and doing what you wanted. This is your only time to be free in life and be part of a whole community with new people. Even if your an adult you can just do what you want and enjoy fantasy with out having to be formal to look like an adult.
Thanks.
Luke LifeBlade

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
2
With this it seems you solo every single quest, AZ is a team world.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
we get that all you hard core players dont care if your game dies because it gets to hard. just let the topic die already lol youve made your point quite clearly.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
140
Abigail Dragondrea... on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
Well, they're just quitters. Be the bigger, better person and don't quit nor give up. So keep trying.
Happy playing! (And not giving up!)
Abigail D.
Good point. Determination you can go anywhere. Quitters just go into the heck hound kennel... And if you are still not convinced, perhaps you should read Mrs. Greyroses motto.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
WilliamGD185 on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Good point. Determination you can go anywhere. Quitters just go into the heck hound kennel... And if you are still not convinced, perhaps you should read Mrs. Greyroses motto.
Sadly there are many casual game players who can bring all they have to the table for this world and still do not possess the capability to beat it.

Not every one can do what everyone else can.

Mary StarGem

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1072
WilliamGD185 on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Good point. Determination you can go anywhere. Quitters just go into the heck hound kennel... And if you are still not convinced, perhaps you should read Mrs. Greyroses motto.
Insulting people who want to quit, or did quit, is rude. This game should encompass the largest player base they can, and that includes people that find Azteca too difficult.

For those that find Azteca a perfect challenge, great! But, there are many who play W101 for enjoyment and relaxation as well. Making the game too difficult for them isn't fair. It's best to have an open mind to everyone and how they play as well, instead of focusing on the tiny world of hardcore players.

People pay to play this game for the entire content. It's not fair to them if they feel it's getting too difficult, that they feel they have to stop (or quit the game) at a certain world because of it. We shouldn't be leaving people behind because of the hardcore mentality this game is becoming.

What might be good for one person, may/is not good for another. Some people have difficulty formulating strategy and/or logistics. That's not a bash on them, it's just a fact. Skills vary from person-to-person, young and old. I might be a hardcore player, but I also see the dilemma of players that would love to continue the game, but can't or won't because of what it's become.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Insulting people who want to quit, or did quit, is rude. This game should encompass the largest player base they can, and that includes people that find Azteca too difficult.

For those that find Azteca a perfect challenge, great! But, there are many who play W101 for enjoyment and relaxation as well. Making the game too difficult for them isn't fair. It's best to have an open mind to everyone and how they play as well, instead of focusing on the tiny world of hardcore players.

People pay to play this game for the entire content. It's not fair to them if they feel it's getting too difficult, that they feel they have to stop (or quit the game) at a certain world because of it. We shouldn't be leaving people behind because of the hardcore mentality this game is becoming.

What might be good for one person, may/is not good for another. Some people have difficulty formulating strategy and/or logistics. That's not a bash on them, it's just a fact. Skills vary from person-to-person, young and old. I might be a hardcore player, but I also see the dilemma of players that would love to continue the game, but can't or won't because of what it's become.
Your first and second paragraph here i can agree with. They must keep as many players as possible to keep the closing gates at bay. Unforunately i dont know how they can change it to make everyone happy.
I have been on these type of threads before fighting the good fight for the majority i guess but what it comes down to is keeping players playing, So now comes the big question what should KI do to make it better for everyone?
Should they nerf the difficulty? Should they make a realm just for the hardcore or just for the casual?
I just hope there can be a mid point so everyone can compromise and coexist happily so we can keep this game up and running as long as possible.

I dont really see it as fair or unfair though. Reason i say that is because changing it may be thought of as unfair to those hardcore players out there. So we cant use unfair as an excuse. The game was quite easy in the beginning and creeped up slowly until celestia which it took a bit of a jump. So maybe KI should have just kept increasing difficulty a small amount like the other worlds.

Another thing i would like to touch base on is what do people think is to difficult, or why i should say?
Do you feel the mobs health is to high? Or the starting pips on mobs is to much? Do they crit or block to much?
Why is it to difficult?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
WilliamGD185 on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Good point. Determination you can go anywhere. Quitters just go into the heck hound kennel... And if you are still not convinced, perhaps you should read Mrs. Greyroses motto.
determantion? lol have you even started azteca. ive tried to kill a silly little ice boss 5 times now to no avail and im a pretty darn good player with awesome gear and awesome pet but yet i cant even kill the minion, how is this fair? if i cant do it then what about the avarage player, well my guess it there gonna go back to club penguin(used to play that about 5 years ago) or some other game and give them there money. for all we know KI could have already lost 5 million players or they could have gained players, NO ONE KNOWS(except for ki). i just want to make sure that the game i play stays fun to play, idk why you people love getting killed i just dont get it but i am almost 100% sure that those of you who do love to die are a minority(seriously how many people do think there are that think that way).

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Your first and second paragraph here i can agree with. They must keep as many players as possible to keep the closing gates at bay. Unforunately i dont know how they can change it to make everyone happy.
I have been on these type of threads before fighting the good fight for the majority i guess but what it comes down to is keeping players playing, So now comes the big question what should KI do to make it better for everyone?
Should they nerf the difficulty? Should they make a realm just for the hardcore or just for the casual?
I just hope there can be a mid point so everyone can compromise and coexist happily so we can keep this game up and running as long as possible.

I dont really see it as fair or unfair though. Reason i say that is because changing it may be thought of as unfair to those hardcore players out there. So we cant use unfair as an excuse. The game was quite easy in the beginning and creeped up slowly until celestia which it took a bit of a jump. So maybe KI should have just kept increasing difficulty a small amount like the other worlds.

Another thing i would like to touch base on is what do people think is to difficult, or why i should say?
Do you feel the mobs health is to high? Or the starting pips on mobs is to much? Do they crit or block to much?
Why is it to difficult?
well for the last part of your post i think its that they critcal and block WAY TO MUCH. i literally count how many times bosses critical and block in a row(just because i beat a boss doesnt mean i stop counting) i also feel that normal mobs getting our new spell before we do is very wrong(what happend to us getting a new spell and them getting it in the next world) as for the other part of your post, i say make an easy difficulty realm. that way its a win win, casual players can go to the easy realm if they need to and the hard core players can still have there challenge. if the hard core players dont like the thought of there being an easy realm then either they really do want this game destroyed or there parinoid.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
269
KI doesn't want to just make money, they want us to be safe, and enjoy the game! How can you enjoy it if it's too easy. You could probably finish it in 1 month. What is the point of that?

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
18
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Your first and second paragraph here i can agree with. They must keep as many players as possible to keep the closing gates at bay. Unforunately i dont know how they can change it to make everyone happy.
I have been on these type of threads before fighting the good fight for the majority i guess but what it comes down to is keeping players playing, So now comes the big question what should KI do to make it better for everyone?
Should they nerf the difficulty? Should they make a realm just for the hardcore or just for the casual?
I just hope there can be a mid point so everyone can compromise and coexist happily so we can keep this game up and running as long as possible.

I dont really see it as fair or unfair though. Reason i say that is because changing it may be thought of as unfair to those hardcore players out there. So we cant use unfair as an excuse. The game was quite easy in the beginning and creeped up slowly until celestia which it took a bit of a jump. So maybe KI should have just kept increasing difficulty a small amount like the other worlds.

Another thing i would like to touch base on is what do people think is to difficult, or why i should say?
Do you feel the mobs health is to high? Or the starting pips on mobs is to much? Do they crit or block to much?
Why is it to difficult?
KI should make the game so the MAJORITY of their players can succeed. Hardcore/players wanting a challenge are perfectly capable of MAKING THEIR OWN challenge. That is not rocket science. Use gear from a lower world, with lesser stats, use a pet without SPUD, use your level 48 school pet. Once the game is too difficult KI can tweak it a little. But, it can't be totally re-made easier. So yes it is unfair.

You just seem to not hear what we are telling you....FUN vs work, some of us play to relax and unwind. We don't want our pleasure time to be like a JOB. We don't want to have to study up on the uber strategy to play the game. Power theirs vs ours, NPCs can do their spells long before us, have way more pips and cheats. Not to mention they can cast spells we can't. Gear issues, some people don't have or understand gear requirements. Some people don't enjoy grinding to get the good gear and others don't craft. Decent gear should be available in the Bazaar. Marketing vs reality of later worlds, the game is actively marketed on Tween channels and presented as a FUN, magical place families can play together. Well in later worlds that is not quite the same at all. Adults are usually playing them alone after their kids rage quit.

That being said I do think KI is doing this to slow people down. The problem with that strategy is in trying to keep fast players, they run the risk of losing the audience they target CAUSAL FAMILY players. Other games have tried this and it killed them (EverQuest). Every new world I see more and more people drop out. This time I see long time players saying enough. I see uber players expressing concern too. There is a warning here. The biggest one I have seen yet.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2012
4
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Your first and second paragraph here i can agree with. They must keep as many players as possible to keep the closing gates at bay. Unforunately i dont know how they can change it to make everyone happy.
I have been on these type of threads before fighting the good fight for the majority i guess but what it comes down to is keeping players playing, So now comes the big question what should KI do to make it better for everyone?
Should they nerf the difficulty? Should they make a realm just for the hardcore or just for the casual?
I just hope there can be a mid point so everyone can compromise and coexist happily so we can keep this game up and running as long as possible.

I dont really see it as fair or unfair though. Reason i say that is because changing it may be thought of as unfair to those hardcore players out there. So we cant use unfair as an excuse. The game was quite easy in the beginning and creeped up slowly until celestia which it took a bit of a jump. So maybe KI should have just kept increasing difficulty a small amount like the other worlds.

Another thing i would like to touch base on is what do people think is to difficult, or why i should say?
Do you feel the mobs health is to high? Or the starting pips on mobs is to much? Do they crit or block to much?
Why is it to difficult?
Another thing i would like to touch base on is what do people think is to difficult, or why i should say?
Do you feel the mobs health is to high? Or the starting pips on mobs is to much? Do they crit or block to much?
Why is it to difficult?

I can sum it up in four words: Give Us Better Gear!

Illuminator
Feb 25, 2009
1485
I have already posted on page 3 of this topic what would have made a big difference and probably would not require Azteca to be nerfed. Instead of adding a NEW main world so quickly, more side worlds (expandable), completely remove level cap going to open leveling, upgraded gear, 2pp wands on top of our starting power pips, give us the spells when we should get them instead of half way through a world.

I have a level 73 wizard in Avalon that just got her lvl 72 utility spell, but has not traveled far enough to get the LEVEL 70 Mass Prism spell. THIS is messed up.

If the side worlds were added with the same difficulty levels as Wintertusk and SLIGHTLY increasing in difficulty it would have been better for A LARGE portion of the players. OR adding the side worlds at the same time Azteca was added would have given EVERYONE including Hardcore players the option to play. Hardcore could play straight through if they wish and the casual player could progress through the side worlds but still gaining levels, spells and gear (this would have to be fair to all players). Gaining spells and gear would still require a certain level, but it would have to be done so those were available when the player was eligible and not half a world away even if it means the PROFFESSORS start giving those quests again.

This is just a general idea but it would make a huge difference in restoring the FUN and MAGIC to the game.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
well i agree Azteca is a definite over kill as far as mobs being overpowered.
some people will say its easy but they also play adult games like WoW and elfquest...
both garunteed to turn you off PvP and questing if you are a wizard 101 player.

on that note... Azteca has done the same with me.....

i walked in to the first battle and was killed in 2 Two rounds.

it turned me off to this game level and i am now planning to piddle play my last month and not play the game any more.

i will be looking for other game that are fun to play, not frustrating.

It was Fun while it lasted but not it is no longer fun.

thanks professors and all

see you in the funny papers

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
19
Im fire too, but thats not my problem with Azteca.One of the main things, is critical is useless. You need it to beat these guys, but they have a HUGE block chance. Another thing, is they have too many pips to start with. We start with 2, and by the time you get enough pips to use your rank 9 or 10 spells, they kill you. Which brings me to tri-pips or quad-pips: they would be SO helpful! Also, the cheating is kind of getting out of hand, it feels like you can never beat a boss without another person with you, and really, most people dont feel like helping and sometimes no ones on so you have to wait by the sigil for like 20 minutes switching realms before you find someone. However, i do think the enemies on he streets were done fairly well and are reasonable in their DoD. And Azteca looks really cool :]

My point is i havent really played in like a month or so, and i dont plan on it unless KI fixes the issues. Especially with myth, they need a new aoe.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Megan Frostriver on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
KI should make the game so the MAJORITY of their players can succeed. Hardcore/players wanting a challenge are perfectly capable of MAKING THEIR OWN challenge. That is not rocket science. Use gear from a lower world, with lesser stats, use a pet without SPUD, use your level 48 school pet. Once the game is too difficult KI can tweak it a little. But, it can't be totally re-made easier. So yes it is unfair.

You just seem to not hear what we are telling you....FUN vs work, some of us play to relax and unwind. We don't want our pleasure time to be like a JOB. We don't want to have to study up on the uber strategy to play the game. Power theirs vs ours, NPCs can do their spells long before us, have way more pips and cheats. Not to mention they can cast spells we can't. Gear issues, some people don't have or understand gear requirements. Some people don't enjoy grinding to get the good gear and others don't craft. Decent gear should be available in the Bazaar. Marketing vs reality of later worlds, the game is actively marketed on Tween channels and presented as a FUN, magical place families can play together. Well in later worlds that is not quite the same at all. Adults are usually playing them alone after their kids rage quit.

That being said I do think KI is doing this to slow people down. The problem with that strategy is in trying to keep fast players, they run the risk of losing the audience they target CAUSAL FAMILY players. Other games have tried this and it killed them (EverQuest). Every new world I see more and more people drop out. This time I see long time players saying enough. I see uber players expressing concern too. There is a warning here. The biggest one I have seen yet.
I agree Mom2 they need to make it able and ready for all. But here is the kicker, As you said the word Majority ill say this i have several threads on several websites asking for input on the difficulty of the game and the majority are saying difficult but playable.
Now im not saying that its fair or unfair or whatever and i would definatley rather see everyone happy than not but if they are trying to keep the majority happy, Then they wont change a thing because the majority is already happy. Or at least from the several hundred votes we have tallied so far.
I see entirely what you are saying and i feel bad for those that are having trouble but you and all others that are having issues with this subject have to understand KI's view of it. Make sure you realize that they are a company and need to profit so if they cannot make everyone happy then who do they choose? 10% of the population or 90%?
Please understand i am not agruing with you and as i said i wouldnt complain one bit if they did make the game easier but it seems that more people are ok with it the way it is than you realize. But be sure to place your votes on my other threads about this subject. Voice your opinion there because thats the only way you can try and change anything.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
I would note that many of the opinions @lastdaysgunslinger mentioned likely originate from Central, which is populated by lots of PvP wizards. Those wizards are notoriously hard to please, and they are usually the ones who grind through new content in a matter of hours.

This is an issue of hard core versus family audiences, and it is not an easy problem for KI to work out.

Instead of futile arguments, we need a new discussion about how to improve wizard performance in challenging areas. My suggestions:

Tri-pip chance of up to 25%
2 power pip wand for level 80 and up
Stun block in gear
Better universal resist for all but Ice
Player always goes first in solo dungeons in Azteca
Customizable crafted gear to allow players to choose which stats they want to build into their gear

I'ma make a new thread for this.

Namaste,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist

Illuminator
Feb 25, 2009
1485
Lastdaygunslinger said:
"Now im not saying that its fair or unfair or whatever and i would definatley rather see everyone happy than not but if they are trying to keep the majority happy, Then they wont change a thing because the majority is already happy. Or at least from the several hundred votes we have tallied so far."

Actually I have been watching some of your threads and I am not seeing several hundred votes as you stated. At the current rate of difficulty increases, I certainly won't be paying to play much longer. I have already seen a lot of players quit post CL. Is this going to be the next phase for players quitting? WE DON'T WANT A SECOND OR THIRD JOB. If I wanted to play HARDCORE games, I would not be playing W101. I came to this game along with other family members (that no longer play) to have FUN and relax. The fun and magic are no longer there.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
I agree Mom2 they need to make it able and ready for all. But here is the kicker, As you said the word Majority ill say this i have several threads on several websites asking for input on the difficulty of the game and the majority are saying difficult but playable.
Now im not saying that its fair or unfair or whatever and i would definatley rather see everyone happy than not but if they are trying to keep the majority happy, Then they wont change a thing because the majority is already happy. Or at least from the several hundred votes we have tallied so far.
I see entirely what you are saying and i feel bad for those that are having trouble but you and all others that are having issues with this subject have to understand KI's view of it. Make sure you realize that they are a company and need to profit so if they cannot make everyone happy then who do they choose? 10% of the population or 90%?
Please understand i am not agruing with you and as i said i wouldnt complain one bit if they did make the game easier but it seems that more people are ok with it the way it is than you realize. But be sure to place your votes on my other threads about this subject. Voice your opinion there because thats the only way you can try and change anything.
The thing is hundreds of responses is a drop in the bucket to the million(s) of players. Hundreds is not anywhere near 10% so really nothing is proved one way or another. I also know people generally are not going to say it is to hard. I have watched people be flamed for that and have had it happen to me. It doesn't bother or intimidate me. Only KI really knows. I suspect they will do what they always do go in and nerf stuff after some time passes. My issue with this approach is people quit. But, perhaps it is not enough to make a difference. I just know my friends list got way smaller.

I do appreciate your trying so hard to figure this out.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
5
Ok I might not be a fire wizard but I am death and Azteca is not hard at all. I have fought most of the quests and bosses alone and have had no problems, so how are you saying that it's so hard when really, it's not.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1072
Dragog8 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Ok I might not be a fire wizard but I am death and Azteca is not hard at all. I have fought most of the quests and bosses alone and have had no problems, so how are you saying that it's so hard when really, it's not.
Please read the posts carefully on the subject. What may be easy for you may not be for someone else. It's best to have an open mind to those that are struggling.

I've done all of Azteca solo, including the final dungeon. But, I don't consider just myself when it comes to this game. I'm trying to stick up for those that can't make it through without difficulty (or can't make it through at all). Their voices need to be heard as well.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
I agree Mom2 they need to make it able and ready for all. But here is the kicker, As you said the word Majority ill say this i have several threads on several websites asking for input on the difficulty of the game and the majority are saying difficult but playable.
Now im not saying that its fair or unfair or whatever and i would definatley rather see everyone happy than not but if they are trying to keep the majority happy, Then they wont change a thing because the majority is already happy. Or at least from the several hundred votes we have tallied so far.
I see entirely what you are saying and i feel bad for those that are having trouble but you and all others that are having issues with this subject have to understand KI's view of it. Make sure you realize that they are a company and need to profit so if they cannot make everyone happy then who do they choose? 10% of the population or 90%?
Please understand i am not agruing with you and as i said i wouldnt complain one bit if they did make the game easier but it seems that more people are ok with it the way it is than you realize. But be sure to place your votes on my other threads about this subject. Voice your opinion there because thats the only way you can try and change anything.
you do know that mainly the really good and hard core players post right? yes weve seen a bunch of casual gamers posting lately but thats because they got hit with azteca. btw at the most there could be about 1 mill people posting out of 30, most people just dont care about the forums( i know i didnt care before) but those that do are typiclly really involved in the game and are really good. just saying to help you get a better understanding of how you would think the majority likes to get killed over and over(redickulous right).

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
Dragog8 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Ok I might not be a fire wizard but I am death and Azteca is not hard at all. I have fought most of the quests and bosses alone and have had no problems, so how are you saying that it's so hard when really, it's not.
lol simple. your a hard core player whoes got some real talent for this game. you should be proud.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
6
popcicool7777777 on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
This topic is being pulled by many wizards who are tired of this! I am only at the second quest and I wasted an hour on these 2 quests. Like Avalon was perfect: the diffuclty level was just perfect with what we were capable of. But in Azteca, I can almost die in the seccond round of a MOB fight. And the only fights I did in Azteca we're long, boring, hard and not enjoyable at all. They were only fire! And seems like everybody here is fire. Since they have the triple health that we have, we need to use stronger spells to fight them. Rain of Fire is great, but we need pips for it. But then I need pips for converts. Then I'm dying, so i loose 4 pips for satyr, and then he efreets my and the result is that I did a complete waste of pips.

Its way too hard!

I dont even think I'll keep on questing. KI, if you dont do anything, you will loose players and i'm probably going to be one of them.
I stick the walls of streets 24/7 unless I'm in a small dungeon. It's smart that you look into the best Clothes, Athames, Amulets, Rings and even pets if they know an HP+ Talent or if you train it until Teen if it's a baby. Make your pets Mega Rank, and they might even give out Cards (if the egg when you got it said it gives it)!
Sure, Azteca is super-hard, but that doesn't mean you should give up! I mean, really? Don't you guys have like 4,000+ HP? and look at that MP Max. Is it like 400+? What I'm trying to say is, you've prevailed so far. Ever since day one and your first six level-ups. Then after several months, a Magus. Gaining your max HP to be 2,000+ and max MP to be close to 300+ with decks that give 30-50 spaces for spell cards and having max copies of one spell 4. Big step if you do say yourself. Now here you are. An Archmage and soon a Promethean. having the Max HP and MP that I mentioned earlier. It took you years, to get this high. So why give up now? If you quit now I'll be level 100+ in a couple years due to level caps expanding as the months fly by and you'll be stuck at Archmage forever.

~Cameron LegendCrafter

Level 31 Pyromancer