Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No, no, NOOO!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
DragonLady1818 on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
Lastdaygunslinger said:
"Now im not saying that its fair or unfair or whatever and i would definatley rather see everyone happy than not but if they are trying to keep the majority happy, Then they wont change a thing because the majority is already happy. Or at least from the several hundred votes we have tallied so far."

Actually I have been watching some of your threads and I am not seeing several hundred votes as you stated. At the current rate of difficulty increases, I certainly won't be paying to play much longer. I have already seen a lot of players quit post CL. Is this going to be the next phase for players quitting? WE DON'T WANT A SECOND OR THIRD JOB. If I wanted to play HARDCORE games, I would not be playing W101. I came to this game along with other family members (that no longer play) to have FUN and relax. The fun and magic are no longer there.
Please understand golden that i have tallies on 5 websites including this one.
Remember wizard101 forum is a mere drop in the bucket to this games forum base.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Please understand golden that i have tallies on 5 websites including this one.
Remember wizard101 forum is a mere drop in the bucket to this games forum base.
It really does not matter how many websites you have threads on. Unless KI officially watches ALL of them you would be hardpressed to get enough votes to prevent changes being made. If you want to play HARDCORE, you can make that happen by dumping all the high gear, pets, wands and what ever to accomplish that. The casual player CAN NOT make it easier nor can they all afford the best gear or pets or wands.

Let's be realistic here. The economy does not support the means for players to spend X amount of dollars they don't have on a game that is running away from them. There are things such as food, health care among other things that take prioriy over any game including this one. Those players are CASUAL players that like to relax and forget about the real world for a little while and not beat their brains against a wall. If the game is getting to the point those same players have to start PAYING TO WIN on top of their monthly subs, what do you think is going to happen? I can tell you because I am one of those casual players that is not going to shell out money I can't afford just to have the best. My priorities are my family and their needs first. This game is the only thing I do for myself, but I will give it up if it prevents me from making sure my family is fed, stays warm, and anything else they need.

You also have to remember, this game has been going into several other countries as well. Those several hundred you mention as others have already stated are only a drop in the bucket. The HARECORE players do not make up the majority of the community.

Powerstriker786 said:

It's smart that you look into the best Clothes, Athames, Amulets, Rings and even pets if they know an HP+ Talent or if you train it until Teen if it's a baby. Make your pets Mega Rank, and they might even give out Cards (if the egg when you got it said it gives it)!
Sure, Azteca is super-hard, but that doesn't mean you should give up! I mean, really? Don't you guys have like 4,000+ HP? and look at that MP Max. Is it like 400+? What I'm trying to say is, you've prevailed so far. Ever since day one and your first six level-ups. Then after several months, a Magus. Gaining your max HP to be 2,000+ and max MP to be close to 300+ with decks that give 30-50 spaces for spell cards and having max copies of one spell 4. Big step if you do say yourself. Now here you are. An Archmage and soon a Promethean. having the Max HP and MP that I mentioned earlier. It took you years, to get this high. So why give up now? If you quit now I'll be level 100+ in a couple years due to level caps expanding as the months fly by and you'll be stuck at Archmage forever.

~Cameron LegendCrafter

Level 31 Pyromancer


The whole issue is getting to the point that many players have had enough. The game is UNBALANCED in more ways than I can count. Sooner or later, more are going to quit.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
DragonLady1818 on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
It really does not matter how many websites you have threads on. Unless KI officially watches ALL of them you would be hardpressed to get enough votes to prevent changes being made. If you want to play HARDCORE, you can make that happen by dumping all the high gear, pets, wands and what ever to accomplish that. The casual player CAN NOT make it easier nor can they all afford the best gear or pets or wands.

Let's be realistic here. The economy does not support the means for players to spend X amount of dollars they don't have on a game that is running away from them. There are things such as food, health care among other things that take prioriy over any game including this one. Those players are CASUAL players that like to relax and forget about the real world for a little while and not beat their brains against a wall. If the game is getting to the point those same players have to start PAYING TO WIN on top of their monthly subs, what do you think is going to happen? I can tell you because I am one of those casual players that is not going to shell out money I can't afford just to have the best. My priorities are my family and their needs first. This game is the only thing I do for myself, but I will give it up if it prevents me from making sure my family is fed, stays warm, and anything else they need.

You also have to remember, this game has been going into several other countries as well. Those several hundred you mention as others have already stated are only a drop in the bucket. The HARECORE players do not make up the majority of the community.

Powerstriker786 said:

It's smart that you look into the best Clothes, Athames, Amulets, Rings and even pets if they know an HP+ Talent or if you train it until Teen if it's a baby. Make your pets Mega Rank, and they might even give out Cards (if the egg when you got it said it gives it)!
Sure, Azteca is super-hard, but that doesn't mean you should give up! I mean, really? Don't you guys have like 4,000+ HP? and look at that MP Max. Is it like 400+? What I'm trying to say is, you've prevailed so far. Ever since day one and your first six level-ups. Then after several months, a Magus. Gaining your max HP to be 2,000+ and max MP to be close to 300+ with decks that give 30-50 spaces for spell cards and having max copies of one spell 4. Big step if you do say yourself. Now here you are. An Archmage and soon a Promethean. having the Max HP and MP that I mentioned earlier. It took you years, to get this high. So why give up now? If you quit now I'll be level 100+ in a couple years due to level caps expanding as the months fly by and you'll be stuck at Archmage forever.

~Cameron LegendCrafter

Level 31 Pyromancer


The whole issue is getting to the point that many players have had enough. The game is UNBALANCED in more ways than I can count. Sooner or later, more are going to quit.
Golden i am not trying to prevent a change im trying to show people that this change will not happen. Because not enough want it to. KI doesnt have to see these web sites im emailing tallies to them.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
Golden i am not trying to prevent a change im trying to show people that this change will not happen. Because not enough want it to. KI doesnt have to see these web sites im emailing tallies to them.
lol lastday did you even read my post? if not ill say it again just for you.
At the very most about half a million people post(this is including these other sites you speake of) and thats not very much compared to the 30 mill that play this game. now i ask you lastday, are you very involved in this game? if so that would be the reason why you post wouldnt it, BECAUSE YOU CARE.
well i gotta tell you from experiance i was a casual player before and i didnt give a dang about the forums, i wasnt that INVOLVED in the game. i was a casual player. now its really just takes some commen sense and a bit of physcology to understand that most casual players dont care about the forums or anything like it and are just there to play the game. now have we seen a quite noticable increase of casual players posting yes, but thats because azteca came along and now there dumbfounded of how difficult this world is and now there saying, HEY why`s this world so hard. so really quite the bulk of people posting are really good or hard core players that actually give a hoot and gave it since celestia.

well because ki listened to these hard core players who kept posting the same thing over and over again well look at where we are now. pvp has gained power over pve(a war of the forums that has long since been over), the difficulty of world is now jumping radically, people are quitting, casual players are getting killed on round 2(i blame the gear), our power levels just arnt increasing anymore and thats either kis fault or the guys back at pvp(witch would be the hard core players who post a lot), and now were having yet another forum war i mean did the forums always used to be like this. tell me lastday is this the state of witch you want your game to be in?

now i got off track there but most everything i said was true. so to make it clear ill say it again. almost evevry person you see posting is a really good or hard core player. most casual gamers dont post. and again at the most about half a million out of 30 MILL actually post now my numbers could be off a bit but i dont expect it to be by much.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
gweedoboy on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
lol lastday did you even read my post? if not ill say it again just for you.
At the very most about half a million people post(this is including these other sites you speake of) and thats not very much compared to the 30 mill that play this game. now i ask you lastday, are you very involved in this game? if so that would be the reason why you post wouldnt it, BECAUSE YOU CARE.
well i gotta tell you from experiance i was a casual player before and i didnt give a dang about the forums, i wasnt that INVOLVED in the game. i was a casual player. now its really just takes some commen sense and a bit of physcology to understand that most casual players dont care about the forums or anything like it and are just there to play the game. now have we seen a quite noticable increase of casual players posting yes, but thats because azteca came along and now there dumbfounded of how difficult this world is and now there saying, HEY why`s this world so hard. so really quite the bulk of people posting are really good or hard core players that actually give a hoot and gave it since celestia.

well because ki listened to these hard core players who kept posting the same thing over and over again well look at where we are now. pvp has gained power over pve(a war of the forums that has long since been over), the difficulty of world is now jumping radically, people are quitting, casual players are getting killed on round 2(i blame the gear), our power levels just arnt increasing anymore and thats either kis fault or the guys back at pvp(witch would be the hard core players who post a lot), and now were having yet another forum war i mean did the forums always used to be like this. tell me lastday is this the state of witch you want your game to be in?

now i got off track there but most everything i said was true. so to make it clear ill say it again. almost evevry person you see posting is a really good or hard core player. most casual gamers dont post. and again at the most about half a million out of 30 MILL actually post now my numbers could be off a bit but i dont expect it to be by much.
Gweedo im trying to do the best i can to gain a perspective of how many people want certain things in game. This is the only way i can do this.
But by all means if you want to set up a table in the commons handing out fliers be my guest lol.
See what you dont understand is there isnt any other way of doing this, Also you are correct alot of others do not post or read these forums but the ones that do have voiced their opinion and that does matter to me and the game.
The games over all health means something, How we find out answers is tricky and must be accomplished somehow.
Im not saying the people that dont vote or dont get on any forums arent important. But reaching them is difficult.
As i said feel free to go around asking people in game, Just make sure you are only asking members and crowns players because F2P's dont count due to them not being past the first level of the game.

If you can come up with a better idea please enlighten us.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
Golden i am not trying to prevent a change im trying to show people that this change will not happen. Because not enough want it to. KI doesnt have to see these web sites im emailing tallies to them.
Unless you are an employee for KI which I highly doubt, then there is no way you can say change will not happen.

As for emailing them Tallies, that is just your word. KI looks more at their official sites than what is coming from UNOFFICIAL. I have been playing this game for 3 years and 10 months. I have seen changes that others did not think would happen. And as I have stated in another post in reply to you, HARDCORE players ARE NOT the majority. I have actually seen very few that don't find a problem with the difficulty that is increasing rapidly.

If more expandable side worlds with NO level cap had been added to the game with better gear upgrades, then there may not be this issue. Hardcore could play straight through if they wish while giving the the casual player a better chance of being able to actually play those worlds. There was a time the players were able to acquire better gear and spells for the world they were about to enter. That is no longer the case. Now you are well into a new world with out the spells you should have at the beginning of it. The gear leaves a lot to be desired.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
193
gweedoboy on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
lol lastday did you even read my post? if not ill say it again just for you.
At the very most about half a million people post(this is including these other sites you speake of) and thats not very much compared to the 30 mill that play this game. now i ask you lastday, are you very involved in this game? if so that would be the reason why you post wouldnt it, BECAUSE YOU CARE.
well i gotta tell you from experiance i was a casual player before and i didnt give a dang about the forums, i wasnt that INVOLVED in the game. i was a casual player. now its really just takes some commen sense and a bit of physcology to understand that most casual players dont care about the forums or anything like it and are just there to play the game. now have we seen a quite noticable increase of casual players posting yes, but thats because azteca came along and now there dumbfounded of how difficult this world is and now there saying, HEY why`s this world so hard. so really quite the bulk of people posting are really good or hard core players that actually give a hoot and gave it since celestia.

well because ki listened to these hard core players who kept posting the same thing over and over again well look at where we are now. pvp has gained power over pve(a war of the forums that has long since been over), the difficulty of world is now jumping radically, people are quitting, casual players are getting killed on round 2(i blame the gear), our power levels just arnt increasing anymore and thats either kis fault or the guys back at pvp(witch would be the hard core players who post a lot), and now were having yet another forum war i mean did the forums always used to be like this. tell me lastday is this the state of witch you want your game to be in?

now i got off track there but most everything i said was true. so to make it clear ill say it again. almost evevry person you see posting is a really good or hard core player. most casual gamers dont post. and again at the most about half a million out of 30 MILL actually post now my numbers could be off a bit but i dont expect it to be by much.
First to stay on topic ill say i dont feel the difficulty is to bad in azteca.
Now i want to address gweedos post, So you are saying that the people posting is only a drop in the bucket correct, And when people that are as you say "casual gamers" post its only because of a problem right.
So my thoughts are spinning now trying to find out if there is such a problem that you all are complaining about why isnt more people than the small amount you say on these forums. Or could it be that they arent having problems.
Maybe just maybe that the only ones having real problems are those that post on here. Hmmmm gets me wondering about all these voting threads gunslinger has, Maybe just maybe those numbers hes slingin are correct and that everyone not voting (you know the 30 million) are happy the way the game is.

I also see alot of you throwing around that people are quitting or going to quit, I ask why you think this is happening throughout, Just because a few of your friends arent on friends list anymore? Maybe they just dont want to be your friend anymore or maybe they took a break. But since you are not the be all end all of the spiral i think we need more evidence than a couple of your friends list players arent there anymore.

Im pretty sure if KI sees a drastic change in the subs they will react appropriately to get to the bottom of what is wrong. Until then how about we take a chill and let the professionals do their jobs.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
4
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
DragonLady1818 on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
Unless you are an employee for KI which I highly doubt, then there is no way you can say change will not happen.

As for emailing them Tallies, that is just your word. KI looks more at their official sites than what is coming from UNOFFICIAL. I have been playing this game for 3 years and 10 months. I have seen changes that others did not think would happen. And as I have stated in another post in reply to you, HARDCORE players ARE NOT the majority. I have actually seen very few that don't find a problem with the difficulty that is increasing rapidly.

If more expandable side worlds with NO level cap had been added to the game with better gear upgrades, then there may not be this issue. Hardcore could play straight through if they wish while giving the the casual player a better chance of being able to actually play those worlds. There was a time the players were able to acquire better gear and spells for the world they were about to enter. That is no longer the case. Now you are well into a new world with out the spells you should have at the beginning of it. The gear leaves a lot to be desired.
Nope not an employee, But then i couldnt tell you if i was either.
The tallies are not just my word they are from all the websites they are posted from and KI can look at that if they choose and hopefully they do. The official sites that you speak of are the sites i have these tallies posted on and some private sites as well.
When have i ever said hardcore was the majority, I said i follow the majority and support them who ever they may be, What im saying is the MAJORITY are those that dont have a problem with the game.
You and your friends that feel there is an issue with the difficulty should definately post on the voting threads or you wont be acknowledged because right now all those voting posts are looking like less than 20% agree with you. Better start reading some posts because i dont see that many that find it to difficult.

Yes more side worlds would be a good investment in the game and i hope that happens, Gear upgrades are past needed or at least better upgrades for sure.

So you see Golden i do agree with most of what you are saying, But you cant say the world is to difficult for everyone you can only say its to difficult for you.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2011
6
I've ben playing Wizzie for a year now. I took my fire Wiz from noob to Transcendant in one month. I was addicted to the game because levelling up was easy to follow and the rewards were fun surprises. It was an achievement to get spells and TPs. WW and TOTH were excellent dungeons that everyone KNEW were hard, so we used to prepare to farm those dungeons. There were rules that challenged you.

I just finished Azteca and I must say that by the time I hit Xibalba I expected the worst in every fight because there are no easy fights. You cannot finish that without help. The final battle was underwhelming. There were boss fights in Azteca that were far harder. But here's the thing-with every fight being so time-consuming, it became more about waiting for rounds to end than strategy. I knew what I needed to do each round, but every time I was on the brink of hitting the enemy knew what card I was going to play so played something like weakness which wasted all my time and even when I found a wand spell to get rid of it i had to waste 2 power pips on Satyr. Then start again. Eventually you get ahead but you do need to be on the ball for a long time. And every second fight is like that. I believe strongly that KI have the format wrong. Which bosses do any of us really remember from Azteca? The only thing I can remember is detail like 'there were 2 bosses with 20,000 health each and started with 6 PPs each. There was not any one boss who stood out. They all had the same advantages over us.

Word to KI: Giving the enemies exponentially more health and letting them use the highest spells in the game before we can even get 5 pips is not improving the quality of the game! It just means that each fight goes longer. And personally, the only reason i finished so quickly was because I am on my holiday and have the time to do it.

My point is this: What makes a great game? I'll tell you in my next post.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2011
6
Ok my other post was deleted for caps. So I'll shorten it.

I've been playing for one year now. I am new to the boards. Still love the game, but am worried about the direction it is going in.

I just finished Azteca. It was boring. I was waiting for something amazing to happen. It didn't. Why was it boring?

Here is why:

1) The main feature of each fight was how 'long' it took. Not how challenging the boss was.
2) There is no dungeon that was 'much' harder than any other-they were all hard.
3) Too many boss fights, too regularly-should have more non-battle challenges in between 'with rewards'.
4) Only three TPs-for how long Pitch Black Lake/Floating Mountains/Twin Giants was, I got little reward. For how much harder the enemy was from Avalon, the rewards decreased rather than increased accordingly. I think this is the big point people are really trying to make.
5) You could finish each dungeon ok with a team-but apart from those who have regular times synced with their friends, the rest of us will struggle to do this often- Thanks to Scarlett and Jack who I met at Xibalba who helped me finish :). But working in a team only highlighted to me how boring these bosses are when you have enough health and pips to compete with them.

Proposed changes:

1) Only a few really hard bosses-4 or 5 (really difficult cheaters), and they should give lots of good drops like gear.
2) Better gear drops-I just bought all my crafting recipes.
3) Make the bosses have some character-like who doesn't remember Luska or Sylster? or Lyon Lionstriker?
4) Critical needs to be calculable and logical. I critical hardly ever now. The main point is the reward needs to match the effort.

Crafting. Compare what I wear from Av to what I can craft now (fire wizard):

Hat-critical from 140 to 145
Robe-resistance from 12 to 13, critical from 60 to 70
Boots-Block from 95 to approx 115
Athames-1 pc PPs

You need to give more rewards and less boss fights.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Bulldog197536 on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
Ok my other post was deleted for caps. So I'll shorten it.

I've been playing for one year now. I am new to the boards. Still love the game, but am worried about the direction it is going in.

I just finished Azteca. It was boring. I was waiting for something amazing to happen. It didn't. Why was it boring?

Here is why:

1) The main feature of each fight was how 'long' it took. Not how challenging the boss was.
2) There is no dungeon that was 'much' harder than any other-they were all hard.
3) Too many boss fights, too regularly-should have more non-battle challenges in between 'with rewards'.
4) Only three TPs-for how long Pitch Black Lake/Floating Mountains/Twin Giants was, I got little reward. For how much harder the enemy was from Avalon, the rewards decreased rather than increased accordingly. I think this is the big point people are really trying to make.
5) You could finish each dungeon ok with a team-but apart from those who have regular times synced with their friends, the rest of us will struggle to do this often- Thanks to Scarlett and Jack who I met at Xibalba who helped me finish :). But working in a team only highlighted to me how boring these bosses are when you have enough health and pips to compete with them.

Proposed changes:

1) Only a few really hard bosses-4 or 5 (really difficult cheaters), and they should give lots of good drops like gear.
2) Better gear drops-I just bought all my crafting recipes.
3) Make the bosses have some character-like who doesn't remember Luska or Sylster? or Lyon Lionstriker?
4) Critical needs to be calculable and logical. I critical hardly ever now. The main point is the reward needs to match the effort.

Crafting. Compare what I wear from Av to what I can craft now (fire wizard):

Hat-critical from 140 to 145
Robe-resistance from 12 to 13, critical from 60 to 70
Boots-Block from 95 to approx 115
Athames-1 pc PPs

You need to give more rewards and less boss fights.
Agreed its not so much hard as it is time consuming an repititious.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
22
It just depends how you battle... how you face a problem and how you start it; positive or negative. It seems to me that you're finding it negative. Most likely the result will be what you feel it will be. (if you get what I'm saying)
Maybe you can change your tactics. Like mass prism, then do a bladed up meteor, or ask for help. It seems like you're doing questing all alone. I'm sure there's someone out there who will help you.
I'm a pyromancer myself and i assure you, it was pretty hard in the beginning, but you have to give it a chance- its only your first 2 quests that you gave up!
My point- Think positive, try different tactics and enjoy the game- the reason it was made for.
Jazzy Thunderstaff Lvl 86 Pyromancer

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
Bulldog197536 on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
Ok my other post was deleted for caps. So I'll shorten it.

I've been playing for one year now. I am new to the boards. Still love the game, but am worried about the direction it is going in.

I just finished Azteca. It was boring. I was waiting for something amazing to happen. It didn't. Why was it boring?

Here is why:

1) The main feature of each fight was how 'long' it took. Not how challenging the boss was.
2) There is no dungeon that was 'much' harder than any other-they were all hard.
3) Too many boss fights, too regularly-should have more non-battle challenges in between 'with rewards'.
4) Only three TPs-for how long Pitch Black Lake/Floating Mountains/Twin Giants was, I got little reward. For how much harder the enemy was from Avalon, the rewards decreased rather than increased accordingly. I think this is the big point people are really trying to make.
5) You could finish each dungeon ok with a team-but apart from those who have regular times synced with their friends, the rest of us will struggle to do this often- Thanks to Scarlett and Jack who I met at Xibalba who helped me finish :). But working in a team only highlighted to me how boring these bosses are when you have enough health and pips to compete with them.

Proposed changes:

1) Only a few really hard bosses-4 or 5 (really difficult cheaters), and they should give lots of good drops like gear.
2) Better gear drops-I just bought all my crafting recipes.
3) Make the bosses have some character-like who doesn't remember Luska or Sylster? or Lyon Lionstriker?
4) Critical needs to be calculable and logical. I critical hardly ever now. The main point is the reward needs to match the effort.

Crafting. Compare what I wear from Av to what I can craft now (fire wizard):

Hat-critical from 140 to 145
Robe-resistance from 12 to 13, critical from 60 to 70
Boots-Block from 95 to approx 115
Athames-1 pc PPs

You need to give more rewards and less boss fights.
i agree ki needs to give us better gear. btw would it hurt them to give us like a diagram of how critical works so i can KNOW once and for all if a lot of critical is really worth it(it wont be if the enemy block keeps going up).

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder to follow the old axiom: Don't Feed the Trolls.

There are at least two individuals who consistently target threads about Azteca, particularly Life School and world-difficulty concerns at this time, and we should work to make them go away. Feeding them with attention and trying to reason with them is a waste of your time, energy, and good will.

I'd recommend that anyone else who has something of merit and value to share, post those messages as new replies, and avoid the unproductive comments. In that way, the perpetrators will not receive the attention they crave, and they will go away and look for new targets.

On topic: I find it deeply interesting that when the game is nerfed for PvP complaints, it's all good, for the balance of the game, blah, blah, blah. But, when PvE players express displeasure or note problems, our concerns are somehow invalid, we just have no skills, hmm...Reminds me of the robust argument we had over the summer about Guardian Spirit.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver

PS- @Gweedoboy, I'm not talking about you

PSS- @Bulldog197536, I agree with your comments and assessment of Azteca. I, too, find myself standing around waiting for pips, and shielding like crazy while I wait. I'm reminded of the need for a tri-pip!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
6
esperr on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Another thing i would like to touch base on is what do people think is to difficult, or why i should say?
Do you feel the mobs health is to high? Or the starting pips on mobs is to much? Do they crit or block to much?
Why is it to difficult?

I can sum it up in four words: Give Us Better Gear!
Agreed! Kingsisle has forgotten that the thing that makes an RPG and RPG is good gear! The gear KI is giving to our Archmages and Prometheans is like gear from the Crown Shop that's fit for a Legendary. Block Rating of 30? Critical Rating of 40? Piercing Percentage %20? I swear I clicked on a Promethean whose gear had these statistics totes. Also why do Ice get all the defensive gear? I swear Thaugmatures ace this. Why? Well if isn't obvious enough they are 100-200 MaxHP away from reaching 5k MaxHP. I mean take life for example. That school should have the highest hit points because healers gotta heal and survival chances are low if your healer is dead and well can't heal. Life should have the Highest critical rating while letting all the other classes have high crit ratings too. The reason why Life should have the highest crit ratings is as simple as two words: Critical Satyr. For those who did not know, you can critical heals, and man they heal like 4x what they normally do. Lets just take the Satyr spell. The actual spell does 840 and the treasure card 960. But what happens when you crit a tresure card satyr? You do 2952. That's enough to heal you completely (with good hit points still there but could die next turn or are storm type), or almost up to your full HP. Moving on to the better gear part, (No offense to Lydia Greyrose or any Thaugmature) Ice is always hoarding the HP and MP. KI needs to give the Prometheans that aren't Thaugmatures gear that has good crit and block rating, powerful armor piercing, and most of all: HP and MP boost stats that's fit for and Trancendent Thaugmatures and not GrandMaster Thaugmatures.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
gweedoboy on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
i agree ki needs to give us better gear. btw would it hurt them to give us like a diagram of how critical works so i can KNOW once and for all if a lot of critical is really worth it(it wont be if the enemy block keeps going up).
Well its not that difficult to figure honestly. If crit maxes at 500 then 500 is 100% so 5/1 , every 5 points is 1%.
Got 100 crit you actually have 20% crit chance.

And yeah our gear needs updated badly.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
193
Canny B Moone on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder to follow the old axiom: Don't Feed the Trolls.

There are at least two individuals who consistently target threads about Azteca, particularly Life School and world-difficulty concerns at this time, and we should work to make them go away. Feeding them with attention and trying to reason with them is a waste of your time, energy, and good will.

I'd recommend that anyone else who has something of merit and value to share, post those messages as new replies, and avoid the unproductive comments. In that way, the perpetrators will not receive the attention they crave, and they will go away and look for new targets.

On topic: I find it deeply interesting that when the game is nerfed for PvP complaints, it's all good, for the balance of the game, blah, blah, blah. But, when PvE players express displeasure or note problems, our concerns are somehow invalid, we just have no skills, hmm...Reminds me of the robust argument we had over the summer about Guardian Spirit.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver

PS- @Gweedoboy, I'm not talking about you

PSS- @Bulldog197536, I agree with your comments and assessment of Azteca. I, too, find myself standing around waiting for pips, and shielding like crazy while I wait. I'm reminded of the need for a tri-pip!
Yes dont feed trolls they grow quickly............

I think those individuals you speak of have reasons for the threads they post on but they arent the only two defending peoples views.

But by all means destroy the trolls so everyone can just think the same way and play the same way and frolick and be happy with nothing difficult in game we all can just skip around and sing. Sounds like a blast.

I truely hope the game designers change the game to suit everyone so all will be happy and we can run around collecting power pellets and eat ghosts. Oh i cant wait for everything to get nerfed it will be so awesome.

Why do some try to make it a PvP vrs PvE war everytime.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
Canny B Moone on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder to follow the old axiom: Don't Feed the Trolls.

There are at least two individuals who consistently target threads about Azteca, particularly Life School and world-difficulty concerns at this time, and we should work to make them go away. Feeding them with attention and trying to reason with them is a waste of your time, energy, and good will.

I'd recommend that anyone else who has something of merit and value to share, post those messages as new replies, and avoid the unproductive comments. In that way, the perpetrators will not receive the attention they crave, and they will go away and look for new targets.

On topic: I find it deeply interesting that when the game is nerfed for PvP complaints, it's all good, for the balance of the game, blah, blah, blah. But, when PvE players express displeasure or note problems, our concerns are somehow invalid, we just have no skills, hmm...Reminds me of the robust argument we had over the summer about Guardian Spirit.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Iridian Shadowweaver

PS- @Gweedoboy, I'm not talking about you

PSS- @Bulldog197536, I agree with your comments and assessment of Azteca. I, too, find myself standing around waiting for pips, and shielding like crazy while I wait. I'm reminded of the need for a tri-pip!
i cant argue with that and its so ironiclly true
when pvp has a problem stuff gets nerfed and changed to fix it as much as it can. well now pve needs some fixing yet ki hasent said a word in any of these topics except for the ones where people actually have a glitch happen in the game. while the trolls seem to not want a nerf witch honestly i think will never happen(i still hope though unlike lastday) i do think there is a chance of us getting better gear and maybe even a tri pip or 2 pip wand(unless of course pvp gets in the way and ends up killing this game). we dont need gear that only gives us block and resist for 2 or 3 schools ki we need gear that actually gives us universal resist and good stats so that we gain more than we lose when switching gear.
ps- lastday thanks for the critical diagram

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1531
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
Gweedo im trying to do the best i can to gain a perspective of how many people want certain things in game. This is the only way i can do this.
But by all means if you want to set up a table in the commons handing out fliers be my guest lol.
See what you dont understand is there isnt any other way of doing this, Also you are correct alot of others do not post or read these forums but the ones that do have voiced their opinion and that does matter to me and the game.
The games over all health means something, How we find out answers is tricky and must be accomplished somehow.
Im not saying the people that dont vote or dont get on any forums arent important. But reaching them is difficult.
As i said feel free to go around asking people in game, Just make sure you are only asking members and crowns players because F2P's dont count due to them not being past the first level of the game.

If you can come up with a better idea please enlighten us.
Instead of making these kind of comments to players why don't you try to contribute with a suggestion that may help EVERYONE. Being rude to others is just not the thing to do.

Those of us that have been here a long time are saying that something is seriously wrong and needs to be fixed.

If it means more side worlds, NO LEVEL CAP, better GEAR, 2PP wands or what ever. Some of this should have already been done. Quest progression would still be required. As I said on another thread/topic, this could make a world of difference for a lot of players and maybe AZ would not seem so difficult. Those that consider themselves as Hardcore, could play straight through the main storyline or do the sides as well.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
Powerstriker786 writes: Ice is always hoarding the HP and MP.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Powerstriker786 writes: Well if isn't obvious enough they are 100-200 MaxHP away from reaching 5k MaxHP.

For my Ice I took through Azteca, her health can be as high as 6612, depending on what I was fighting or what I needed due to switching my gear around.

--------------------------------------
I agree that schools need gear with better overall stats. It's necessary at this point in the game

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
gweedoboy on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
i cant argue with that and its so ironiclly true
when pvp has a problem stuff gets nerfed and changed to fix it as much as it can. well now pve needs some fixing yet ki hasent said a word in any of these topics except for the ones where people actually have a glitch happen in the game. while the trolls seem to not want a nerf witch honestly i think will never happen(i still hope though unlike lastday) i do think there is a chance of us getting better gear and maybe even a tri pip or 2 pip wand(unless of course pvp gets in the way and ends up killing this game). we dont need gear that only gives us block and resist for 2 or 3 schools ki we need gear that actually gives us universal resist and good stats so that we gain more than we lose when switching gear.
ps- lastday thanks for the critical diagram
So true we need universal resist and good stats. Agreed.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
DragonLady1818 on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Instead of making these kind of comments to players why don't you try to contribute with a suggestion that may help EVERYONE. Being rude to others is just not the thing to do.

Those of us that have been here a long time are saying that something is seriously wrong and needs to be fixed.

If it means more side worlds, NO LEVEL CAP, better GEAR, 2PP wands or what ever. Some of this should have already been done. Quest progression would still be required. As I said on another thread/topic, this could make a world of difference for a lot of players and maybe AZ would not seem so difficult. Those that consider themselves as Hardcore, could play straight through the main storyline or do the sides as well.
Golden i am not arrogant towards everyone but i can get that way after antagonized which is usually what happens. I contribute continuously but my ideas spark irritation in people because of how frank i am with subjects. If you have common sense and understand gaming then you will understand me, Maybe not like me but understand me you will.
You are right we need updates and im with you on that but if more people are completing these worlds with no complaints than there are with complaints then how do we rate that. Think of yourself as the company and just think about it. Really take a few minutes and think of yourself running KI and you have say 1% of people complaining about something what would you do?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
fireproof1111 on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Yes dont feed trolls they grow quickly............

I think those individuals you speak of have reasons for the threads they post on but they arent the only two defending peoples views.

But by all means destroy the trolls so everyone can just think the same way and play the same way and frolick and be happy with nothing difficult in game we all can just skip around and sing. Sounds like a blast.

I truely hope the game designers change the game to suit everyone so all will be happy and we can run around collecting power pellets and eat ghosts. Oh i cant wait for everything to get nerfed it will be so awesome.

Why do some try to make it a PvP vrs PvE war everytime.
boy you are one hard core player. idk if your trying to make it obvious or not lol but anyways if you trully want the game to stay the way it is and just get harder then why did you even start playing this game lol. did you not get the word that it was a family game when you first joined? makes me wonder why you stuck around when the first worlds were a little bit easy and casual.
now on topic, i think it would be much much easier for ki to just give us better gear. do you not want better gear? would you rather have the gear to continue improving at the rate it is now? if you do end up saying yes then you really do want the game to get so hard only super elite players could keep playing or at least thats the only thing i can think of that you would want.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
Golden i am not arrogant towards everyone but i can get that way after antagonized which is usually what happens. I contribute continuously but my ideas spark irritation in people because of how frank i am with subjects. If you have common sense and understand gaming then you will understand me, Maybe not like me but understand me you will.
You are right we need updates and im with you on that but if more people are completing these worlds with no complaints than there are with complaints then how do we rate that. Think of yourself as the company and just think about it. Really take a few minutes and think of yourself running KI and you have say 1% of people complaining about something what would you do?
you know all your doing is continuasly arguing with us saying that i have tallies in 5 websites and people voted they dont have problems. while that is true it does not mean thats what the majority is thinking. may i remind you that typically the really good players are the ones that post? but anyways you claim that you care about the game and want better gear and stats correct? well if yes then why arnt you telling people that a more likely thing to happen is ki giving us a stat increase, better gear, tri pips, 2 pip wand, better spells and the list goes on. now im not saying we need all of that but i am saying that we need 1 or 2 of those things i listed to happen. mostly all you post about is how causal players are a minority and how hard core players who like the thought of dying in battle over and over are the majority. you could help the community instead of degrading it you know.