Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No, no, NOOO!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
Megan Frostriver on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
Calling people names is juvenile. As is trying to tear them down or degrade them because they have a different opinion than you. It is also very rude.

Fun is in the eye of the beholder. If these tough worlds are so fun why are they so empty? The original arc has many more players. As I said before I don't need or want my entertainment and escape to be another job. I want it to be fun.

I have never said things should not get more difficult. I just object to the manner in which it has happened.

I am waiting for my sub to end and expressing my opinion while I can.
I am tired of people "expressing their opinions" on the message boards about how hard azteca is. If you dont like it just quit dont trash the game. If you really are gonna quit then dont post a reply to this message.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
what i find interesting is that ki has not said a word in any of the topics about the difficulty of azteca.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
Guys I have had enough! Stop saying i'm a quiter i'm in alto alto ok! Stop!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
cowstastegood on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
I am tired of people "expressing their opinions" on the message boards about how hard azteca is. If you dont like it just quit dont trash the game. If you really are gonna quit then dont post a reply to this message.
Not everybody agrees on content. When I come here I fully expect to see posts for both sides. If someone's posts bother me I don't reply to them. I also don't go around flaming the other side as I know that will get a response. I also don't tell other people what to do unless it is advice that may help them. I do that because I full well know I can't control another poster. It is rude, bossy and futile. You see I don't back down to that treatment. I do the opposite.

For the record I do love the first arc. My start date and longevity playing shows I have loved this game. I don't have to agree with everything in game and am totally fine with that. I also feel letting KI know what is driving a longtime players away is important. I have noticed many longtime players are saying enough. We were drawn in by lovely fun and different game. We feel it has changed and become like so many other games out there. It is not as unique as the first arc was. When I say I quit I mean new worlds. I will still play the part of the game I love.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
37
Megan Frostriver on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
Calling people names is juvenile. As is trying to tear them down or degrade them because they have a different opinion than you. It is also very rude.

Fun is in the eye of the beholder. If these tough worlds are so fun why are they so empty? The original arc has many more players. As I said before I don't need or want my entertainment and escape to be another job. I want it to be fun.

I have never said things should not get more difficult. I just object to the manner in which it has happened.

I am waiting for my sub to end and expressing my opinion while I can.
I didn't call YOU juvenile, I said your acting juvenile. Plus, I'm not degrading you. I just disagree with your opinion. You're disagreeing with my opinion. I'm not getting mad over it. I still respect you and your opinion. I just disagree.

The worlds are empty because people finished them or they are not ready for that area.

So please, quit arguing.

Abigail Dragon dreamer

"Your heart won't stop, so keep trying."
"Happy holidays!"

Survivor
May 31, 2009
14
Megan Frostriver on Nov 23, 2012 wrote:
Where did I say don't make new worlds? I said the new worlds are no longer FUN. My friends and I quit because we started playing a FUN game geared towards families. It is no longer that. The game has become some hard core wanna be rather than the family game it is marketed to be, IMO.

No the same amount of people don't find new worlds as fun as the first arc. Celestia forward are virtual ghost towns. The new world is crowded because it is new. Wait a few months and it to will be empty. The busiest worlds I see are first arc. I suspect the majority of players who like the new worlds are adults or young adults.

Yes I would much rather more new worlds like the first arc. It made sense. The growth in challenges made sense. When I started it was harder than it is now. But it was FUN. I played to be entertained and have FUN. Not to pull my hair out and get stressed out.
Your kidding right? of course it wont be as laid back and as casual anymire. the lower level words were desogned fir the laid back gamers. these higher anked worlds were desinged for those gamers who have had been strategic ebough and knew that this was supposed to be nore then just fun.Causyal gamers dont make it to the end of Avalon. your obviously nit ready for a true challenge yet. which is quite surprising vecause i am not an adult and i have dominated azteca. so plz dont conplain its quite troubling ti know that a teen ager can take more of a challenge then an adult can.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Sopdet on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
Your kidding right? of course it wont be as laid back and as casual anymire. the lower level words were desogned fir the laid back gamers. these higher anked worlds were desinged for those gamers who have had been strategic ebough and knew that this was supposed to be nore then just fun.Causyal gamers dont make it to the end of Avalon. your obviously nit ready for a true challenge yet. which is quite surprising vecause i am not an adult and i have dominated azteca. so plz dont conplain its quite troubling ti know that a teen ager can take more of a challenge then an adult can.
My you assume a lot. I have wizards ready to go.

You miss my point. So here we go AGAIN. I play to have fun. I have plenty of challenge and stress in real life. I don't want more where I come to be entertained. I am not alone in this.

There is a tremendous difference between gradual increases in difficulty (like the progression of the first arc) and the leaps and bounds in difficulty when CL appeared and now AZ. It is like expecting a 1st grader to do 6th then college math.

If the game in the lower levels are designed to be casual and marketed that way the entire game should be. Of course the difficulty should increase. BUT it should be in keeping with the beginning of the game. It should not suddenly go hardcore. Just as a hardcore game should not suddenly go casual.

Also human nature is one wants to finish the entirety of what one starts. So what, a casual player should not be allowed to finish the casual game they started because it went hardcore? WOW just wow.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
290
Ya know, I have never heard of a computer game that gets easier the farther into it you go. What would be the point of playing a game that was not challenging? So sorry to you folk who think the fights are soooo hard, I guess none of you ever considered putting on armor with resistances? So you lose a lot of damage output, oh well. What has become difficult is deciding what gear to keep and what gear to sell, because my only problem of late is emptying bag space.

If this game is not fun for you, hey I understand. But stop whining about it and go try a different game. I bet in two months you'll be back because the real MMOs are a lot harder and a lot more stressful than this one. Screw up a fight here, you can just go right back to where you were and continue. Screw up in other games, you killed off a raid and have to waste an hour getting rebuffed and filling raid spots for the people that can't stay up anymore, then dealing with the snipes at you for making a mistake.

Difficulty is not universal, it is perception.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
i thought this game was suppost to be a family fun game. If all of you really think its just a hard core game now then maybe i should switch to WoW and see how i like that game(besides i already have a friend i know in real life who playes that game).

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
56
No offense, but what I'm getting from this is that nobody is appreciative of all that KI gives us, I for one am happy for the new challenge KI has given us, I do not understand WHY people are fussing about Azteca, people shouldve expected this level of challenge after more than 10 worlds, each getting harder and harder, I'm utterly shocked at the reactions to Azteca, it's amazing and yet - people somehow can't find it inside them to enjoy the new challenges it presents? I'm honestly not trying to sound rude or anything but i think people should enjoy it.

While I understand some people are in a rush, there is still no reason people shouldn't be thankful. KI works so hard to maintain and update this game for us, Azteca is just the most recent update, and I for one will enjoy the challenges it has to offer. A long overdue thanks to KI for all they do, and the challenges ahead for us in Azteca.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
DoctorWho10141011 on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
No offense, but what I'm getting from this is that nobody is appreciative of all that KI gives us, I for one am happy for the new challenge KI has given us, I do not understand WHY people are fussing about Azteca, people shouldve expected this level of challenge after more than 10 worlds, each getting harder and harder, I'm utterly shocked at the reactions to Azteca, it's amazing and yet - people somehow can't find it inside them to enjoy the new challenges it presents? I'm honestly not trying to sound rude or anything but i think people should enjoy it.

While I understand some people are in a rush, there is still no reason people shouldn't be thankful. KI works so hard to maintain and update this game for us, Azteca is just the most recent update, and I for one will enjoy the challenges it has to offer. A long overdue thanks to KI for all they do, and the challenges ahead for us in Azteca.
I think what is trying to be said here is, keep in mind this is my personal opinion: KI is somewhat betraying it's casual game players to go with hardcore game players - they want it all. They want to appeal to everyone and think about that is it realistic?

The first arc is now much smaller then the second which is for more advanced players really - I know all my kid friends left in Mooshu but 1 and he quit in Celestia.

The player base that got this game started is being out gamed in favor of becoming more like all the other offerings on the web. JSUK if I wanted a WOW type game play I would go there.

We are beginning to feel we joined the game for the wrong out come. Not everyone that plays this or any other game can "get it". I am sure I can step up to any challenge that KI could throw at me but the other people I play the game with and many I have met can not, no amount of training would help, they can not play that way. They just don't have the ability to comprehend strategic play. This mind set does not come "easy" or to everyone.

Example: My mom is 76 who is going to teach her how to hone her silly little storm wizard so it can survive in AZ - with or with out help? I have been working on her since Wizard City and she still sets up her gear the way she thinks works and looks do effect this and it doesn't give her the stats she needs for higher level game play, she has a ton of spells in her deck she doesn't need or uses many needlessly. These are the people that are being left behind or as with her struggling now for 2 weeks just to get though the first quest in AZ, it's pathetic.

In the end I did drag her storm and life wizards though Avalon but have drawn the line with AZ - why? because I feel betrayed. Do I appreciate what KI has done with the game - what do you think?

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
290
You all do understand that no one is twisting your arms to do azteca, right? You can go as far as you want to go in this game, but you don't have to. If you enjoy Marleybone, you can hang out there all day and no one will stop you.

The fights in Azteca are a little more challenging, but not by much. I'm a level 88 death wizard in a very balanced set of gear, and I'm able to solo almost every fight I've done in Azteca. I don't have a lot of health, only a little more than 3000, but I chose my gear for decent universal stats, resistances, damage, critical, and block. I understand some people might find azteca difficult, but that is because they are only thinking of doing the most damage they can do in the fastest time possible. That worked up to zafaria and even a bit in avalon, but to solo azteca, you need to put a little more thought into surviving and less thought into maximizing damage.

Some quick tips for those having trouble:
Invest in armor with critical block
Sacrifice damage for block and damage resistance.
Don't expect a fight to last only 3 to 5 turns.
Always have a reshuffle in your deck.
Always have a couple of heal spells in your deck.
There is no need to rush through azteca, find a pace that you like.
If you need help with a quest, switch realms and you will probably find others on the same quest.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Tatiana Winterhear... on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
You all do understand that no one is twisting your arms to do azteca, right? You can go as far as you want to go in this game, but you don't have to. If you enjoy Marleybone, you can hang out there all day and no one will stop you.

The fights in Azteca are a little more challenging, but not by much. I'm a level 88 death wizard in a very balanced set of gear, and I'm able to solo almost every fight I've done in Azteca. I don't have a lot of health, only a little more than 3000, but I chose my gear for decent universal stats, resistances, damage, critical, and block. I understand some people might find azteca difficult, but that is because they are only thinking of doing the most damage they can do in the fastest time possible. That worked up to zafaria and even a bit in avalon, but to solo azteca, you need to put a little more thought into surviving and less thought into maximizing damage.

Some quick tips for those having trouble:
Invest in armor with critical block
Sacrifice damage for block and damage resistance.
Don't expect a fight to last only 3 to 5 turns.
Always have a reshuffle in your deck.
Always have a couple of heal spells in your deck.
There is no need to rush through azteca, find a pace that you like.
If you need help with a quest, switch realms and you will probably find others on the same quest.
Excuse me....who does not want to finish a game or see new worlds? Who wants to be stagnant?

My friends husband saw a Wizard101 ad on TV last week. He said, "It's a little kids game. It shouldn't be to hard.". Then he watched my friend playing Azteca on her Ice. He commented on her struggling and how the game did not match the ads. He also noted she did not appear to be having much fun and was not that the point of playing a game. He does not play.

I see people like you expecting everyone to play at an advanced level, most don't. That would be like my son's school suddenly gearing all classes to advanced studies. Only the best will pass and to bad for everybody else, they can just repeat classes. How about jobs only being geared to the best performers, all others can just work over time until they finished. That is not how real life works nor should this game.

I am tired of people telling others to quit, go back to whatever world etc. This game should be fun and playable for the vast silent majority not just the elite vocal few.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
We pay for the game. We want to continue to play new worlds, because we pay for it. People shouldn't have to stop at a certain point, because the new world(s) are so much more challenging.

It's one thing to make a new world challenging, but it's another to make it ridiculously challenging for the average player. Should these players quit? No way.

The first part of Azteca has just the right amount of challenge. I've done just fine soloing everything there. Once I got to Alto Alto, things got a bit more challenging, but not too much for me at the time. When I reached Twin Giants, the stakes were much higher, and the difficulty increased quite a bit, especially with the health increase of the mobs.

It's to the point where it's more work than fun. It's not just the mobs, but having to do dungeon after dungeon after dungeon, fighting the multitude of bosses. It's tedious, it's relentless, it's a brain-fryer. Where's the fun in that?

It's easier to make a game more challenging for yourself if you find it too easy, but you can't make a game easier if the difficulty is raised too much for most players to handle.

The gear? Don't get me started. Neither the drops or crafted gear in Azteca are worth the effort, and the time involved in getting it. Want more resistance? Ok, we'll give you gear for that, but lets nullify your damage, and/or block, and/or accuracy, and/or power pips, and/or healing in, and/or critical. If there was a slight sacrifice in one stat to obtain another, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but the sacrifice is too great. The mobs and bosses have all they need ....... why can't we?

Quit the game and go somewhere else? Why? This game is for EVERYONE, young and old. This is a casual game, as it is ADVERTISED on TV and anywhere else. It's suppose to be fun and entertaining, not brutal and grinding.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
290
Megan Frostriver on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
Excuse me....who does not want to finish a game or see new worlds? Who wants to be stagnant?

My friends husband saw a Wizard101 ad on TV last week. He said, "It's a little kids game. It shouldn't be to hard.". Then he watched my friend playing Azteca on her Ice. He commented on her struggling and how the game did not match the ads. He also noted she did not appear to be having much fun and was not that the point of playing a game. He does not play.

I see people like you expecting everyone to play at an advanced level, most don't. That would be like my son's school suddenly gearing all classes to advanced studies. Only the best will pass and to bad for everybody else, they can just repeat classes. How about jobs only being geared to the best performers, all others can just work over time until they finished. That is not how real life works nor should this game.

I am tired of people telling others to quit, go back to whatever world etc. This game should be fun and playable for the vast silent majority not just the elite vocal few.
QQ

Who wants to be stagnant? I'm guessing anyone that decides whining is a better option than trying. When other people have trouble doing a quest solo, they ask friends for help or find other people doing the same stuff and join them. They don't complain about commercials and advertising. If one strategy doesn't work, don't give up and complain that it's too hard, try again and try something different.

Really, this game is not that hard, there are some difficult fights, but nothing game breaking. Compared to other MMOs, this IS a kids game. Very basic, very easy, very few things to keep track of. It's why I imagine so many people enjoy it and play it. It's a nice break from the more intense MMOs.

I appreciate you thinking I'm some advanced hardcore player, but I'm not. I don't have the time or the energy to spend doing the min/max thing. It would be wonderful if schools were all advanced and challenging for kids instead of repetitive and filled with pointless busywork assignments. If they were, I'm sure the students would rise to the level needed to succeed. Jobs...here's a reality check for you, in the private sector, many jobs are geared towards the best performers. How unfair right, that the best performers get the jobs, keep the jobs, and get paid more to work those jobs?

In reality, those who work hard and don't give up, they actually get rewarded for their efforts. Sometimes it is just the satisfaction of knowing that they did their best, but that in itself is a great reward.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
cowstastegood on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
I am tired of people "expressing their opinions" on the message boards about how hard azteca is. If you dont like it just quit dont trash the game. If you really are gonna quit then dont post a reply to this message.
So, people can not express their opinion or concerns on the message boards? Who are you exactly? If you are tired of it, then maybe you should quit reading them.

Mom2mykids has some very valid points, which many of you are overlooking! This game is rated E10+, no college degree required. It is meant for kids 10 and older and families.

Now, starting out, it is actually easy enough for anyone and everyone. Going up to Celestia, it is not all that bad. Going into Celestia, it got a bit more difficult, but all the cheats and real challenges were all optional, not mandatory to go through the story line.

Now here comes Azteca, where you really have to strategize, rethink your game play, gear, pets, and everything else, just to survive. Then you have to figure out the cheats, which are not optional.

This is not fun and relaxing to everyone, which most of you are missing. While it might be a challenge and good for some, it is not for everyone. Who are you or anyone else to tell people, that if you dont like it, stay in the beginning and you cant get any new spells or be at a high level cap.

You can always make this game harder on your own, by not using great gear, or great pets, try not using any gear, or using no pip wands, you can easily make this game as hard as you want, you can't however, just make the game easier, even if you do get the gear and pets, which can be very very time consuming, you cant just make easier with the challenges it currently represents and cheat currently implemented.

What is so wrong with making things fun and easy for everyone, but challenging if you so want it, by making those changes on your own?

Sorry, but everyone is allowed to express an opinion or concern.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Tatiana Winterhear... on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
QQ

Who wants to be stagnant? I'm guessing anyone that decides whining is a better option than trying. When other people have trouble doing a quest solo, they ask friends for help or find other people doing the same stuff and join them. They don't complain about commercials and advertising. If one strategy doesn't work, don't give up and complain that it's too hard, try again and try something different.

Really, this game is not that hard, there are some difficult fights, but nothing game breaking. Compared to other MMOs, this IS a kids game. Very basic, very easy, very few things to keep track of. It's why I imagine so many people enjoy it and play it. It's a nice break from the more intense MMOs.

I appreciate you thinking I'm some advanced hardcore player, but I'm not. I don't have the time or the energy to spend doing the min/max thing. It would be wonderful if schools were all advanced and challenging for kids instead of repetitive and filled with pointless busywork assignments. If they were, I'm sure the students would rise to the level needed to succeed. Jobs...here's a reality check for you, in the private sector, many jobs are geared towards the best performers. How unfair right, that the best performers get the jobs, keep the jobs, and get paid more to work those jobs?

In reality, those who work hard and don't give up, they actually get rewarded for their efforts. Sometimes it is just the satisfaction of knowing that they did their best, but that in itself is a great reward.
Wow....

I don't really care how this game compares to others. You mention it being a nice break from more intense games. That is the problem, the people doing that then expect this game to be like their other game. I see post after post wanting things from those games brought here. They want to change it into a mini (insert intense game name here). They don't let Wizzy be what is.

No the game is not as basic and easy as it was in the beginning. My cognitively delayed daughter can play the first arc. She stumbles in Wysteria because cheats were added. For someone like her the most basic cheats are not obvious. I don't expect for her to go beyond DS and that is fine. brwac posted about their 76 year old mom who really can't do upper worlds. brwac lists many examples of people who can't. You see whether or not you think you are hardcore, if you can do it you ARE. A true casual player can't or won't. This is not as cut and dried as you try to make it.

As for your little reality check, I am well aware of that. I implied all jobs not a few or many. Same thing goes for schools, not all students would raise up. Depending on where you live many would or would not. Our school has a large Special Ed segment. They would not raise up. Inner city schools most likely would not either. Basing entire new worlds in games that target the casual family player on the BEST set a large segment up for failure. Just basing ALL jobs or school courses up for the best dooms most to failure.

I despise when a differing opinion is labeled as whining. You see my opinion comes from watching others try and fail. I speak for them. I watch my daughter try and try to do the cheats. She NEVER whines, she keeps trying and wants to do it ALONE. Offers of help are refused. It is a way she can prove to HERSELF she can. But, she can't. Then she gets angry, frustrated and defeated. Once again she is not good enough and has failed. That breaks my heart. That is my daughters reality. No she doesn't get rewarded, in her eyes she is less. No matter what we say or do that is what she feels. Yes, she is not typical. Her reaction to failure IS. No doing your best and failing is NOT a great reward to most people. Rather it is a PUNISHMENT. Your best is not good enough. Finishing what they started is. EVERYONE should be able to finish this game.

WORK HARD in game??? IT IS A GAME! Oh please, I come to be entertained not work. Oh how I hate people saying that. A game should be FUN not work. My friends who LOVE a challenge HATE the end of Azteca. I keep hearing; "Where is the FUN. This is not FUN. This is insane. I play to have FUN.".

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1529
@ Mom2mykidzcrj, QueQue, and Darth, I have to agree with all of you. As with Mom, I lost the core of my friends in CL because of the increase in the challenges not staying within the keeping of the main story line and with a gradual climb in difficulty instead of leaps and bounds. I even made a lot of new firends but, most of them now play other games that have become more fun for them than W101. No I don't blame them for switching, I sincerely hope it is more fun and not as hardcore as W101 has become.

Causual gamers have been left behind because of the leaps in difficulty. I have had family members quit for this reason among a few others. To get the best gear costs money that many players can not afford. Some of you say "Try, Try, and Try again". That gets old after a while and extremely frustrating. Cl was only a minor irritation, ZF was contant "Collect this or that" Increased from irritation to down right frustrating and now it is totally discouraging. The worlds have become Ghost worlds because TOO MANY LONG TIME PLAYERS are quitting because the game has become a JOB. It is no longer fun. It has lost its MAGIC from DS forward. A lot of the young players have quit because it has become another CHORE on top of what they do in real life along with homework.

I have never been one to walk away from a challenge, BUT, when that challenge has me pulling my hair out or giving me headaches, it is time to do something about it. I don't need nor do I want a third or forth job. I have 2 now as it is and when I want to have fun and relax, I would like to be able to do so without the stress that W101 is now.....

Yes, there will be a lot of players quit. Even though new ones join every day, How long do you think it will be before they figure out that the upper worlds are not What they are led to believe from the commercials. Most will even make it through CL, but after that, Who Knows? The worlds are becoming GHOST WORLDS.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Tatiana Winterhear... on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
QQ

Who wants to be stagnant? I'm guessing anyone that decides whining is a better option than trying. When other people have trouble doing a quest solo, they ask friends for help or find other people doing the same stuff and join them. They don't complain about commercials and advertising. If one strategy doesn't work, don't give up and complain that it's too hard, try again and try something different.

Really, this game is not that hard, there are some difficult fights, but nothing game breaking. Compared to other MMOs, this IS a kids game. Very basic, very easy, very few things to keep track of. It's why I imagine so many people enjoy it and play it. It's a nice break from the more intense MMOs.

I appreciate you thinking I'm some advanced hardcore player, but I'm not. I don't have the time or the energy to spend doing the min/max thing. It would be wonderful if schools were all advanced and challenging for kids instead of repetitive and filled with pointless busywork assignments. If they were, I'm sure the students would rise to the level needed to succeed. Jobs...here's a reality check for you, in the private sector, many jobs are geared towards the best performers. How unfair right, that the best performers get the jobs, keep the jobs, and get paid more to work those jobs?

In reality, those who work hard and don't give up, they actually get rewarded for their efforts. Sometimes it is just the satisfaction of knowing that they did their best, but that in itself is a great reward.
Stagnant? Whining? Seriously? Sounds like you are whining about an opinion, so I am bringing out the cheese and cookies, would you mind setting up a buffet table for everyone?

So, let us sit back and let me tell you a tale.

First off, This is a game, not a second job, not chores, not work, but a game. What is a game supposed to do? It is supposed to be relaxing, fun, joyous, entertaining, and take your mind off of everyday things and troubles. Not put or add more stress, make you think too too hard or struggle in many different ways.

This is a kids game and a family game! Not a game set for professionals at a college degree level that only the best and strongest survive and succeed.

Personally, there is nothing wrong with being a bit overpowered against PVE and not have storyline bosses cheat, after all, those were all supposed to be optional, but now, they are no longer optional and part of the main line quests.

Secondly, PVP is still interfearing with PVE. No +2 PowerPip wands yet and Simplify and Elucidate have not been given a way to train. Therefore, to start with mobs with +5 powerpips and bosses starting with +7 powerpips, while we are still at +1 powerpip? That and some fights must be solo, with a 3 vs 1 ratio?

I dont think anyone stating their opinion that the game is getting too hard for casual players is whining, it sounds like they are stating facts, fact that can be backed up and proven. Gear is not giving universal resistance to deal with mobs and bosses having mastery amulets, there is no point in criticals, as they are always blocked anyway. So, the real question is, where is this game headed and what is the end point?

If you ask me, Wizard101 is headed to a place it will not recover, unless some drastic changes are made to benefit everyone. Make +2 powerpip wands, just make them no PVP. Make simplify and elucidate, just make them no pvp. Make new level 90 gear that has universal resistance that everyone can get and not just the hardcore players.

I dont think people giving their thoughts and opinions that can be back up with facts is whining, to me, saying you dont like what someone is saying because you cant give any facts to back up your statements, now that is whining.

So, here is some cheese and a few cookies, hope you feel better and have learned a few things.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
290
If this game is too challenging, maybe you should all try something a bit easier. I hear there is a barbie dress up game online that might be better suited for you. I imagine it is even easier than dressing yourselves.

This game is meant for the average 10 year old. Some will excel in it, some won't. Some will stick with it, and most won't. And knowing kids, how long is their attention span? How many kids play with the same toys year in and year out? Every year there is a new fad for them to go wild about, any customer retention is unexpected money in the KI's pockets.

The average 10 year old, won't play the game all the way through. If they get to Dragonspire, that's a huge achievement because the average 10 year old would have moved on to another game after about 3 months. The new worlds, the hard ones, do you really think they were designed for the average 10 year old? Do you think they were designed for a player who has no income and who will play this game for a few months and then move on to another game?

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
well this message board has gotten interesting so i guess i better jump in lol. i agree with darth goldendragon and mom2mykids. it amazes me how you people who argue that we just need to step up our game dont even aknowlege it when someone says, THIS IS SUPPOST TO BE A KIDS GAME(or)FAMILY GAME. lol and you also ignore it when people say its what they advertise. you all keep repeating they sam thing over and over, rethink your strategy, change your deck, get a awesome pet(witch i already have), buy a lot of gear. And most recently stop whining its to hard, witch just tells me that you think that if you cant step up your game than you should just quit and not enjoy this game.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
gweedoboy on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
well this message board has gotten interesting so i guess i better jump in lol. i agree with darth goldendragon and mom2mykids. it amazes me how you people who argue that we just need to step up our game dont even aknowlege it when someone says, THIS IS SUPPOST TO BE A KIDS GAME(or)FAMILY GAME. lol and you also ignore it when people say its what they advertise. you all keep repeating they sam thing over and over, rethink your strategy, change your deck, get a awesome pet(witch i already have), buy a lot of gear. And most recently stop whining its to hard, witch just tells me that you think that if you cant step up your game than you should just quit and not enjoy this game.
You guys repeat the same things too. Its too hard, its not what they advertised, its not a kids game anymore,and you say we dont respect your opinion when you dont respect our opinion. I have good gear but i didnt buy it with real money. i crafted it or got it as a drop. I have decent pets and guess what i am a KID. And even in the first arc you can see that most kids stop in mooshu dont even make it to ds. So KI must of thought why not make it harder after ds if most kids are going away at mooshu. The first arc was boring. same old battle same old easy win but battles still took long cause of weakness spamming. I do agree it was a big jump from DS to CL but all you need is a person or two to travel with. I nomally dont go forward in quests without help. You dont need good gear or pets or fifteen billion dollars in crowns to pass azteca. Just play in a group. That is what wizard101 is advertised for.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Tatiana Winterhear... on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
If this game is too challenging, maybe you should all try something a bit easier. I hear there is a barbie dress up game online that might be better suited for you. I imagine it is even easier than dressing yourselves.

This game is meant for the average 10 year old. Some will excel in it, some won't. Some will stick with it, and most won't. And knowing kids, how long is their attention span? How many kids play with the same toys year in and year out? Every year there is a new fad for them to go wild about, any customer retention is unexpected money in the KI's pockets.

The average 10 year old, won't play the game all the way through. If they get to Dragonspire, that's a huge achievement because the average 10 year old would have moved on to another game after about 3 months. The new worlds, the hard ones, do you really think they were designed for the average 10 year old? Do you think they were designed for a player who has no income and who will play this game for a few months and then move on to another game?
A Barbie dress up game? Sounds like you are talking from experience, especially if you know it's difficulty level. hmmm, very interesting.

You said, "This game is meant for the average 10 year old", did you not? Are you an average 10 year old? If not, then according to you, this game is not meant for you! Then you said, "Some will excel, some wont, some will stick with it, oh and most wont."? Hmmm, really? and you know this as a fact, how exactly?

You have an opinion, fine. You want to keep the game challenging and hard, fine. Take off your gear, use a no pip wand, dont use pets, I am sure you can make this game as hard as you want, anytime you want.

To the "Casual" Gamer though, people that want to have fun, pass the time by, they are not looking to struggle all the time, work for everything, and be met with a difficult challenge at every corner, those are hardcore gamers, no casual players.

This game is meant for families, fun, entertainment, and the casual gamer. If you want hardcore, then maybe you should leave and go find another game that is more challenging to your needs and quit telling everyone else to leave! They are entitled to their opinion and this is the message boards to voice their concerns.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
26
I have played Wizard101 for 4 fun years, but now I am moving on, I still have one active account, but my secondary account has now been cancelled.

Im not a quitter... I am a consumer that realizes that the family fun game that I have been playing for these many years has graduated from a family fun game to a something I have avoided in typical mmos. KI has dropped their unique approach and catered to the gamers wanting it more like a typical MMO. I was a dedicated customer to W101 because it wasnt this at all... now that is... Its just another MMO, nothing special anymore.

Wizard101 was an interactive storyline to me. A magic story that we participated in. With more recent additions, its lost this magic, and is now too much like a regular MMO as far as difficulty.

I lost friends when they introduced Celestia, I lost more when they introduced Avalon, and the pattern has no sign of changing. Im losing friends due to Azteca now too.

I work hard all day to pay my families bills, and to pay for our entertainment. I understand how these new challenges are welcomed by some, but to many of us it breaks the wonderful formula that made KI so successful. Players can make the game as hard as they want, but the more casual players cannot make it easier. I find it rather inconsiderate of many to not look at a big picture and only offer self serving suggestions/requests ie.. more difficult, challenging.. etc. Something tells me that many of these players probably havent even tried making the game harder for themselves to challenge them. That in itself is apparently a challenge they cannot overcome. And amazingly its one of the easiest challenges of all in Wizard101.

Ive seen some suggest we stay in the easier areas, thats ridiculous. Why pay/play something that would be stagnant.

Why complain? Feedback is how KI gets a feel for their level of success, they have proven time and time again, that they will adjust things accordingly. Maybe its not too late.

Survivor
May 13, 2011
3
Wow, so Family game vs. Challenging game.
*ding ding ding*Ok, here is the deal. I agree with everyone. That being said. I joined this game with my niece who was 14 at the time. She quit some where around Cl. I havemade some great friends while playing this game. I have noticed a drop off of some of those friends when it became more challenging especially the much older and much younger ones. Therefore with fewer and fewer of my "regular" friends playing I have had to, rather forced to step up my gaming experience, because most of my online time completing quests had become solo. It was difficult for "working in real life" players to find time to quest together. So by the time you came back on after working five days and not being able to play, some had advanced so far that even coming back to help you was a "chore". I had lost some casual friends over this, had to make room in my friends list for those at or near my level or difficult dungeons would be basically solo. So I get how it no longer was "fun".
However, this is a game, and "I" paid for "my" membership. I had two choices. Stop paying and playing or keep going and go with the flow. Since i just completed Azteca on my Death Wizard and have just started it on my Life Wizard you can guess which path I chose.
Did the experience change with the addition of the new worlds. YES. I expected it to. But, the constant bugs from day one, were more frustrating than the game. Of course it is challenging at higher levels, I want that, I expect that, it's what I pay for, and frankly it would be silly to expect less.
But, I am pretty sure KI wants to be a MMO that meets and maybe exceeds all others in every way. Listening to ALL players input and concerns would benefit them. And maybe just maybe improve the game. So even if I do not agree with your opinion. I do not mind reading them on the "message boards" which happen to be for ALL players.