Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No, no, NOOO!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
cowstastegood on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
You guys repeat the same things too. Its too hard, its not what they advertised, its not a kids game anymore,and you say we dont respect your opinion when you dont respect our opinion. I have good gear but i didnt buy it with real money. i crafted it or got it as a drop. I have decent pets and guess what i am a KID. And even in the first arc you can see that most kids stop in mooshu dont even make it to ds. So KI must of thought why not make it harder after ds if most kids are going away at mooshu. The first arc was boring. same old battle same old easy win but battles still took long cause of weakness spamming. I do agree it was a big jump from DS to CL but all you need is a person or two to travel with. I nomally dont go forward in quests without help. You dont need good gear or pets or fifteen billion dollars in crowns to pass azteca. Just play in a group. That is what wizard101 is advertised for.
i actually try to respect your opinions and argue with them at the same time so forgive me if it seems like i dont. if most kids do quit in mooshu then i can see a reason for the people who work at ki thinking they should make big leaps in difficulty with each world they make. people are quiting so obvilously thats not working very well. it would work if they gave our wizards a jump in power with the corrisponding world so that the playing feilds are evened out, sorry but getting a new spell that normal mobs can use in the beggining isint very helpful. you want it really difficult though, simple solution, just put on weaker gear or even no gear if your that good. fwi its kinda hard to find people who wanna quest with you these days.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
290
Darth JT on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
A Barbie dress up game? Sounds like you are talking from experience, especially if you know it's difficulty level. hmmm, very interesting.

You said, "This game is meant for the average 10 year old", did you not? Are you an average 10 year old? If not, then according to you, this game is not meant for you! Then you said, "Some will excel, some wont, some will stick with it, oh and most wont."? Hmmm, really? and you know this as a fact, how exactly?

You have an opinion, fine. You want to keep the game challenging and hard, fine. Take off your gear, use a no pip wand, dont use pets, I am sure you can make this game as hard as you want, anytime you want.

To the "Casual" Gamer though, people that want to have fun, pass the time by, they are not looking to struggle all the time, work for everything, and be met with a difficult challenge at every corner, those are hardcore gamers, no casual players.

This game is meant for families, fun, entertainment, and the casual gamer. If you want hardcore, then maybe you should leave and go find another game that is more challenging to your needs and quit telling everyone else to leave! They are entitled to their opinion and this is the message boards to voice their concerns.
:Sigh:

All points aside, this game is meant to make money. If there were more paying subscribers and crown shop orders from people wanting big fluffy bunny worlds with hugs and candy kisses, ya know what? They would make a whole world of big fluffy bunnies who spend all day hugging and kissing you while showering you in candy and sweets. They would set the design team on it right away. Why? Because they made this game for profit. And they seem to be doing a good job of making a profit.

Instead, subscribers want new spells, new gear, new challenges. So that is what we get.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1534
@ Gweedoboy and OFxLedzeplin, Thank you both for your input.

From what I am seeing posted on this topic, these members have not been here as long as some of us have. They have not seen some of the changes that most of us have seen.

The game has an E10+ RATING. With the ending of the first arc and the beginning of the second arc, the jump in difficulty was not too bad although many players left after CL came into the game. CL was a minor irritation but not unbeatable. From there forward, the game left a lot of casual players behind which made up the majority of the community. Families have left the game which also means lost revenue for KI.

Just because we are casual players with families, does not mean we should be told to go play "BARBIE" games. If you want to make the game harder, do as some have already suggested. Get rid of your best gear, pets, wands and SPELLS.

The magic has already left the game along with many players. Yes, new ones join but wait until they get through DS and WT. Some will even get through CL.

The game has become severely unbalanced along with the gear. As wizards, we should be getting better, but instead, the bosses/mobs are eating us alive.

KI has made adjustments in the past and there is no reason they can't now.

KI Please restore the fun and MAGIC this game used to have. The Magic that drew so many to play this game.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
35
popcicool7777777 on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
This topic is being pulled by many wizards who are tired of this! I am only at the second quest and I wasted an hour on these 2 quests. Like Avalon was perfect: the diffuclty level was just perfect with what we were capable of. But in Azteca, I can almost die in the seccond round of a MOB fight. And the only fights I did in Azteca we're long, boring, hard and not enjoyable at all. They were only fire! And seems like everybody here is fire. Since they have the triple health that we have, we need to use stronger spells to fight them. Rain of Fire is great, but we need pips for it. But then I need pips for converts. Then I'm dying, so i loose 4 pips for satyr, and then he efreets my and the result is that I did a complete waste of pips.

Its way too hard!

I dont even think I'll keep on questing. KI, if you dont do anything, you will loose players and i'm probably going to be one of them.
Dude, Azteca is meant to be team work. And if you want to quit go ahead, they wont change anything. Besides you cant force 300,000 players to quit like someone else said. If you want to quit go ahead, you are 1/300000000

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
323
I am leery about Azteca, as I am stuck in Av at the moment.
I have been thinking about why I am not moving further in the game, and to me, it is because it is just long and arduous. I spent some time playing pirate while gardening a zillion king parsley's to get my deer knight and when I got the spell, I realized why I wanted the spell. Shorter fights.
It is because as a death wizard, the outcome of the battle was not in doubt, but the time required for each battle makes me not want to even enter the circle anymore.

I helped my wife through some later Av quests, and it was just the same but longer fights each time.

It sounds like Azteca is a continuation of the running meme of mobs with higher health, more power pips to start and higher rank spells? I might make a go of it, but only on one wizard just to say I did it.
pods

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Tatiana Winterhear... on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
:Sigh:

All points aside, this game is meant to make money. If there were more paying subscribers and crown shop orders from people wanting big fluffy bunny worlds with hugs and candy kisses, ya know what? They would make a whole world of big fluffy bunnies who spend all day hugging and kissing you while showering you in candy and sweets. They would set the design team on it right away. Why? Because they made this game for profit. And they seem to be doing a good job of making a profit.

Instead, subscribers want new spells, new gear, new challenges. So that is what we get.
Well, you are correct about giving paying subscribers what they want and this game is out for profit, not losing paying customers, which is exactly the point and why people are posting about their discontent of Azteca and it being way too hard when you get to a particular point.

Some people dont mind some challenges and a bit difficult, but you should not have to buy henchman to make it through some areas. Even teaming up, some battles were extremely difficult and some, you must solo and have it 3v1?

So, when you have a majority of paying subscribers complaining and a few of you people saying, dont like it, leave it, they have to go with the profits, are there more players saying it is a bit too hard? How many are people like you, stating if you cant handle the heat, leave the kitchen, dinning room, hall way, and home? Sorry, but I pay for this home and if the heat needs to be turned down and the a/c turned on, I am going to do that, if you like it or not.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1534
Darth JT on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Well, you are correct about giving paying subscribers what they want and this game is out for profit, not losing paying customers, which is exactly the point and why people are posting about their discontent of Azteca and it being way too hard when you get to a particular point.

Some people dont mind some challenges and a bit difficult, but you should not have to buy henchman to make it through some areas. Even teaming up, some battles were extremely difficult and some, you must solo and have it 3v1?

So, when you have a majority of paying subscribers complaining and a few of you people saying, dont like it, leave it, they have to go with the profits, are there more players saying it is a bit too hard? How many are people like you, stating if you cant handle the heat, leave the kitchen, dinning room, hall way, and home? Sorry, but I pay for this home and if the heat needs to be turned down and the a/c turned on, I am going to do that, if you like it or not.
You are quite right Darth.

The difficulty has become ridiculous. When going up against bosses/mobs with 7 Power Pips to your 2, Health at 5 times your health, it becomes very discouraging. Not to mention those you have to solo as you stated at 3v1. The Cheats on some of the bosses is getting way out of hand.

I don't mind a bit of a challenge now and then, but, to be a complete slaughter from the bosses/mobs when trying to play a game that is supposed to be fun is just way too much. Not all players have nor can they afford the best of the best gear and pets. Sooner or later they are going to say enough of this and take their hard earned money somewhere else.

As Darth has stated, I too pay to play this game and have for almost 4 years. The heat has become scorching and it DOES need to be turned down. Many of the Players that were here when I started have already left.

There are too many things that need to be fixed before anymore new main worlds are added.

Once the heat is moderated, the game may actually be fun again. You can challenge yourself by removing your best gear and pets and I have friends that have done just that in DS. You can't make it even the slightest bit easier when you don't have the best gear and have to go against bosses/mobs that are 5 times stronger than you.

So, as I said before KI, Please restore the magic and fun to the game.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
you know i like how all these people who are new to the game are saying that if you dont like it leave it. we are paying players to so dont we have just as much of a say of what ki does in there worlds as you new players do?

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
Tatiana Winterhear... on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
:Sigh:

All points aside, this game is meant to make money. If there were more paying subscribers and crown shop orders from people wanting big fluffy bunny worlds with hugs and candy kisses, ya know what? They would make a whole world of big fluffy bunnies who spend all day hugging and kissing you while showering you in candy and sweets. They would set the design team on it right away. Why? Because they made this game for profit. And they seem to be doing a good job of making a profit.

Instead, subscribers want new spells, new gear, new challenges. So that is what we get.
Funny thing anyone posting here is a subscriber.

You over blow and generalize what is asked. People simply want to be able to play the game. As it stands now many long term players are saying enough. Adding better gear, 2 pip wands, Simplify and Elucidate would help that happen. We want the game to stay in the same ballpark it was when we signed on. I have not seen one post saying it should not grow more difficult. The problem stems from how that was achieved and the end results.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
gweedoboy on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
i actually try to respect your opinions and argue with them at the same time so forgive me if it seems like i dont. if most kids do quit in mooshu then i can see a reason for the people who work at ki thinking they should make big leaps in difficulty with each world they make. people are quiting so obvilously thats not working very well. it would work if they gave our wizards a jump in power with the corrisponding world so that the playing feilds are evened out, sorry but getting a new spell that normal mobs can use in the beggining isint very helpful. you want it really difficult though, simple solution, just put on weaker gear or even no gear if your that good. fwi its kinda hard to find people who wanna quest with you these days.
I never said i was good enough at wizard101 to take off my gear. I said play in a group. It is a multiplayer game for a reason you know.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1534
cowstastegood on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
I never said i was good enough at wizard101 to take off my gear. I said play in a group. It is a multiplayer game for a reason you know.
We know it is a multiplayer game, but that does not mean that players should be forced to play in groups all the time. There are times when some of us like to solo. We do play in groups at times but, we also know that it is much easier when you can play with those you have been running with for a while. We know how each other plays.

Unfortunately, for many of us, work schedules and time zones also play a factor on when we can play together for those really demanding quests or battles. Doing dungeons with players you have nevered played with, makes it just as difficult as being solo. I have had players (strangers) wand off a Feint on a boss or a curse or hex when I am trying to set of for a hit. Do you have any idea how frustrating things like this can be?

The point is, when very experienced long time players are saying the difficulty and unbalance in the game has gone too far, Then it is time for something to be done to correct it.

We have been here for a long time and have seen a lot of changes. In the last 4 worlds, the gear has become very understated, the bosses have become so overpowered that the balance non-exsistant. The spells and gear needed for the new worlds is coming too late to be of any use for the world we enter. In the first arc, this was not an issue. The gear and spells were there when they should be and we had fun and even challenges. Now it has become hair pulling stress.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
cowstastegood on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
I never said i was good enough at wizard101 to take off my gear. I said play in a group. It is a multiplayer game for a reason you know.
And, Gweedoboy never said you were, either. It's just a suggestion for those who want to up the difficulty.

For example, Vonawesome and I, for the last several months, have some fun by tackling Malistaire's dungeon in Dragonspyre. Yeah, we're overpowered, but what we do, is take off all stat gear, down to the beginning noob clothing you start with. No wands, no rings, no amulets, and no athames. Pets are the only thing allowed. Difficult? Sure. I can't tell you how many people love to come with us and fight that way. It provides a challenge, while having fun at the same time.

Playing Azteca in a group isn't always possible. There are players who have no idea how to play, and you end up doing all the work. If you have friends, not everyone is on the same quest, because of work schedules, sleep schedules, time zones, etc.

Personally, I would loved to have had someone to quest with. It would not only have gone easier, it would have been more fun. However, due to the factors I mentioned in the above paragraph, it wasn't possible. So, I soloed all of Azteca, including the final dungeon. Now that I've done that, I've been trying to help my friends with their quests to get the same point I am ..... the end of the current world.

One of the points I want to make is ..... it's not what a person says in a post, but HOW they say it.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
cowstastegood on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
I never said i was good enough at wizard101 to take off my gear. I said play in a group. It is a multiplayer game for a reason you know.
ah yes questing with other people. it may be easy to do that at the moment but pretty soon azteca will be abandoned just like dragonspyre, celestia, zafaria, and avalon. fwi just like all multyplayer games there is the choice to solo. now i dont know about you but i would hate having to find someone to help me for almost every single battle i need to do.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
I like Azteca. I solo Azteca. I love the fact that if my deck is even a little off, I will die in battle in Azteca. I enjoy the occasional 2 hour boss fight, because I am a life wizard, and that's how I learned to play the game. Azteca is beautiful, and its storyline fills in many details that satisfy questions I have had for a couple of years now. I wouldn't change a thing about it, if it was just MY game.

BUT, my friends are not entirely happy with the level of challenge in Azteca. That matters to me, and I would like to know that their wisdom as elder wizards is heard by KI and by the rest of the community. I think their concerns and suggestions are relevant to the long-term well-being of the game as a family-oriented MMO.

Goldendragon, Darth, QueQue, Mom2, and the other seasoned wizards who post to these forums DO know what they are talking about; they have been here since the Spiral was discovered floating in cyberspace. They have completed their graduate studies at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. And, yes, they DO do crazy things like solo ToH, WW, Nastrond, young Morganthe, Jabberwock, and Pendragon. They deserve a little respect from wizards here and from KI. KI knows this.

I think this problem goes back to the rift between the hard-core, professional gamer set and the original player base of more casual, multi-age, family wizards. Long-term players will likely agree with me that the first signs of this issue showed in the release of Celestia, and the huge skill curve it presented to grandmaster wizards who started there directly from DS at level 50. Many of you commenting here probably don't remember the release of Celestia.

The flame war here is very unpleasant, by the way. I recommend applying the 12 hour rule to replying to posts that make a wizard hot.

Anyone want to help me in Azteca? I got stomped by those Monquistans in Cloudburst Forest a couple of times already. I need reinforcements

Qbb

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
I've seen E10+ used on the boards to denote challenge, but I don't believe that is the intended use. The ESRB ratings denote reasonably appropriate material that players will be subjected to in order to inform parents of content their children will be exposed to or for those players that are generally opposed to violence, crude humor, suggestive themes etc.

I'm almost positive the ESRB board does not factor in challenge into their ratings.

"EVERYONE 10+

Content is generally suitable for ages 10 and up. May contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes."

I've stated a personal opinion before (during Celestia release I believe), that expecting a ten year old to not complete the top tier content (of any era) is selling them short. There are plenty of ten year olds that can complete Azteca, but most won't, simply because of the significant amount of time required to get to Azteca and they would rather be doing something else less time consuming (I suspect the same for some older wizards too). Wizard101 has been out for four years so there are naturally players that have moved on, regardless of difficulty. However, some of those ten year olds that played at release are now 14 and might actually be expecting a little harder content from KI to keep them engaged and not move on to other games that do challenge them.

continued......

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
I certainly don’t disagree with the players that state the difficulty has removed the “casualness” from the game, but I also suspect that was KI’s intention with the below statement from J Todd Coleman in regards to a fan question about possible new mid-level worlds.

"It's a great question, because we struggle with this one! We've tried some "mid-level" worlds in the past (like grizzleheim and wisteria) so that the new content isn't always reserved for only our highest level players. The challenge is that our high level players have run out of content, and we don't want them to get bored (whereas mid level players still have numerous options!) So when we add a mid-level worlds, the GMs play it anyway, but they blow through these areas so fast that it barely seems worth the effort!"

I would assume that by not increasing the difficulty, the developers cannot "slow down" the players eating up the content. I assume they take risk with the casual players to prevent other players from getting bored too long and leaving the game for good. It might be there are far more players that "beat" content than those that struggle, I don't know. But there certainly are players who find it increasingly frustrating and no longer enjoyable, since it takes more work to get to the story than it use to. It would certainly make for a good Facebook question for the developers!!

It just goes to show how hard it is to maintain an MMO for such a diverse player population. Everquest had the same problem a few years ago. To this day there are still player ran servers that only keep the first four years of Everquest content and brand new official progression servers that restart the content to "relive the old days."

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
popcicool7777777 on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
This topic is being pulled by many wizards who are tired of this! I am only at the second quest and I wasted an hour on these 2 quests. Like Avalon was perfect: the diffuclty level was just perfect with what we were capable of. But in Azteca, I can almost die in the seccond round of a MOB fight. And the only fights I did in Azteca we're long, boring, hard and not enjoyable at all. They were only fire! And seems like everybody here is fire. Since they have the triple health that we have, we need to use stronger spells to fight them. Rain of Fire is great, but we need pips for it. But then I need pips for converts. Then I'm dying, so i loose 4 pips for satyr, and then he efreets my and the result is that I did a complete waste of pips.

Its way too hard!

I dont even think I'll keep on questing. KI, if you dont do anything, you will loose players and i'm probably going to be one of them.
Imo opinion, I found this world unusually easy after avalon. Mostly hard cores play up to azteca anyway. My 2 cents.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
gweedoboy on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
ah yes questing with other people. it may be easy to do that at the moment but pretty soon azteca will be abandoned just like dragonspyre, celestia, zafaria, and avalon. fwi just like all multyplayer games there is the choice to solo. now i dont know about you but i would hate having to find someone to help me for almost every single battle i need to do.
The thing is you shouldnt need help for everything. If you tweek your deck and your stats you can solo azteca, I did most of azteca solo and so did alot of my family and friends.
This world is not impossible people, Just plan and strategize. And dont put everything you have on crit rating , Spread your stats a bit, Sacrifice what you have to so you can get a good crit block and resist rating and health.
Dont wander in to azteca with 2500 health or your gonna get burnt. My fire wizards health was 5k when heading in resists was almost 50% across the board, Crit block was 100+ across the board but i sacrificed my crit to zero to achieve these stats. Drop the waterworks gear people its worthless, Find better matches.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
I really dont care what anybody else thinks. I still think the game is fun and thats it. Everybody has their own opinion, and mine is the game is still awesome.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
225
Everyone has to understand that in the new world you can't use old ways of combat. The bosses have school mastery so they can play two types of school attacks Tower shields work the best. Try to get into a group with someone. The new world your not going to solo. There not going to change it. Your going to have to plane boss fights out before jumping into them. Note all boss fights are mixed schools there is a few they don't play mixed schools. I beat the Azteca two nights ago. you think it's hard now wait to you get to the last part

Once you all understand it you will like it, The story line is great.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
Oran of Urz on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
I certainly don’t disagree with the players that state the difficulty has removed the “casualness” from the game, but I also suspect that was KI’s intention with the below statement from J Todd Coleman in regards to a fan question about possible new mid-level worlds.

"It's a great question, because we struggle with this one! We've tried some "mid-level" worlds in the past (like grizzleheim and wisteria) so that the new content isn't always reserved for only our highest level players. The challenge is that our high level players have run out of content, and we don't want them to get bored (whereas mid level players still have numerous options!) So when we add a mid-level worlds, the GMs play it anyway, but they blow through these areas so fast that it barely seems worth the effort!"

I would assume that by not increasing the difficulty, the developers cannot "slow down" the players eating up the content. I assume they take risk with the casual players to prevent other players from getting bored too long and leaving the game for good. It might be there are far more players that "beat" content than those that struggle, I don't know. But there certainly are players who find it increasingly frustrating and no longer enjoyable, since it takes more work to get to the story than it use to. It would certainly make for a good Facebook question for the developers!!

It just goes to show how hard it is to maintain an MMO for such a diverse player population. Everquest had the same problem a few years ago. To this day there are still player ran servers that only keep the first four years of Everquest content and brand new official progression servers that restart the content to "relive the old days."
while some of what you say may be true, there is no reason why ki cant give us a power boost or make better gear or make easy and normal difficulty realms. like someone else said in another online game people were asking for harder stuff just like now and sure enough that game lost most of its suscribers because the game became to hard and it became a thing of the past. i dont want that to happen to this game. idk why you guys are hating on us for being concerned about this game. can ONE of you(preferably king he has the most sense of all of you) just tell me why you dont want ki to ease up just a LITTLE. who put the idea in all of your heads that we want ki to make the game easier as it goes.

as for lastdays post, you said the same things many others before you have said your gear sounds like it works for YOU. and the other 50 or 25% of people who still wear ww gear make it work for THEM just like how ww gear works for ME. if you think that anyone who doesnt farm for gear like yours is a fool well, thats your problem

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
70
Abigail Dragondrea... on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
Well, they're just quitters. Be the bigger, better person and don't quit nor give up. So keep trying.
Happy playing! (And not giving up!)
Abigail D.
i agree, i got bored in mooshu but i made it fun by making up a different mooshu story! :D and i am going better now, and i only do a tiny bit every day now so i dont get bored easily again :)

Gabriel Ashleaf Level 43 Master Theurgist

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1534
Oran of Urz on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
I certainly don’t disagree with the players that state the difficulty has removed the “casualness” from the game, but I also suspect that was KI’s intention with the below statement from J Todd Coleman in regards to a fan question about possible new mid-level worlds.

"It's a great question, because we struggle with this one! We've tried some "mid-level" worlds in the past (like grizzleheim and wisteria) so that the new content isn't always reserved for only our highest level players. The challenge is that our high level players have run out of content, and we don't want them to get bored (whereas mid level players still have numerous options!) So when we add a mid-level worlds, the GMs play it anyway, but they blow through these areas so fast that it barely seems worth the effort!"

I would assume that by not increasing the difficulty, the developers cannot "slow down" the players eating up the content. I assume they take risk with the casual players to prevent other players from getting bored too long and leaving the game for good. It might be there are far more players that "beat" content than those that struggle, I don't know. But there certainly are players who find it increasingly frustrating and no longer enjoyable, since it takes more work to get to the story than it use to. It would certainly make for a good Facebook question for the developers!!

It just goes to show how hard it is to maintain an MMO for such a diverse player population. Everquest had the same problem a few years ago. To this day there are still player ran servers that only keep the first four years of Everquest content and brand new official progression servers that restart the content to "relive the old days."
I have no doubt that what Mr. Coleman is saying is true, but in many cases, I have seen posts by some NEWER players that have only been here a very short time screaming for more and harder. I am guessing that some of those same players have only ONE wizard they have pushed through the game within a few weeks or less. If those player DO have only one wizard, then maybe they need to fill their classroom with wizards of other schools to pass the time. It has also been stated that some only do ONE wizard for the purpose of PvP and therefore, they want even harder challenges which is another factor in leaving the casual players behind.

Mr. Coleman also mentioned and posted a rendering of a side world to Mooshu a few months ago but instead we get a Main world that is just more frustration.

Grizz brought a different story to the spiral then expanded to WinterTusk which in my opinion was an awesome addition. Since the defeat of the brother in Nastrond, I highly doubt there is any opening to expand on that. But, adding more side worlds that can be expanded on would help a lot of the casual players be able to raise their wizards to a better power level with better balanced gear, and ADDITIONAL increase in the number of pips, move the SPELL quests to an area that does not require level 75 to be half way through a world in order to get level 70 spells.

Expand the level cap to the point that a player could be at level 100+ and higher when they reach Azteca. If the hardcore players want to just breeze through the main story line fine, but make the game progression more fair to ALL players. Making a few changes just might restore the fun and Magic we saw with the first arc.

As it stands now, when you reach a certain level cap, the XP stops. Regardless of how many quests you may have in your log book, you gain no more XP until the next level cap is written into the game.

Suggestion, Don't put a level cap in the game, make the Spell quests in areas that don't require you to be half way through the next world in order to pick those quests up. Yes, keep requirements to be done before being able to get them, but not to the point the spell is almost useless by the time it is acquired.

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2381
gweedoboy on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
while some of what you say may be true, there is no reason why ki cant give us a power boost or make better gear or make easy and normal difficulty realms. like someone else said in another online game people were asking for harder stuff just like now and sure enough that game lost most of its suscribers because the game became to hard and it became a thing of the past. i dont want that to happen to this game. idk why you guys are hating on us for being concerned about this game. can ONE of you(preferably king he has the most sense of all of you) just tell me why you dont want ki to ease up just a LITTLE. who put the idea in all of your heads that we want ki to make the game easier as it goes.

as for lastdays post, you said the same things many others before you have said your gear sounds like it works for YOU. and the other 50 or 25% of people who still wear ww gear make it work for THEM just like how ww gear works for ME. if you think that anyone who doesnt farm for gear like yours is a fool well, thats your problem
I am certainly not advocating for KI to increase the difficulty. I'm just attempting to see it from KI's end. Judging from KI's track record with Pirate101, I don't think they intend to make Azteca super difficult. In Pirate101, they scaled a lot of the content back from the original difficulty. In this game, Malistaire's dungeon use to be unsoloable, but was changed. I just personally don't think they want Azteca to be too easy, based on my assumption of "slowing players down". However, finding the adjustment is easier said than done, since everyone has a different opinion on what is hard or not. KI can tell if it is too difficult, given they can monitor character progress on the server. If the majority of players are stuck on a particular area/boss their data can show them that.

I'll be honest, if they scale back the difficulty it won't bother me. I've already completed the game on some of my characters, so I already received the "challenge" out of it. I would actually encourage KI to scale back difficulty in areas to allow more wizards to join me for grouping up in the next world. Most MMOs actually do this. They release content at a higher difficulty and scale back from there (either through decrease in enemy AI or increase power of the players). To use Everquest as an example again, they allowed overpowered gear to drop in lower level areas to allow players in low population worlds to catch up to current content (where grouping is more likely to happen).

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
3
Hello, I am a Promethean Myth. This is my seventh wizard, all my other wizards are Level 80, getting ready to go to Azteca, one by one. At some point in all the worlds I said,' That's it i quit', but somehow won and progressed. I like it that way, it makes it more challenging. After all it is a game. Right now I am trying to figure out Belloq in the Twin Giants. He does his Ra thing up there. Sooner or later he will go down. Others have done it and that means it can be won. If you have to, hire Level 90 henchmen. Don't give up.