Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Dungeon Zone of Aquila

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Aquila is a new Dungeon Zone in Wizard City. It is home to the Immortal Games, an epic challenge hosted by the magical Immortals. The Games will push a Wizard to the limits, and are an excellent test of determination, wit, and fortitude.

If you are level 30 or higher, speak to Cyrus Drake in the Myth School room of Ravenwood for a special assignment; "Quest for Glory". Aquila contains challenging dungeons for levels 30+, 70+ and 90+.

Much like Crab Alley is an extension of Triton Avenue, Aquila is an extension of Cyclops Lane. You will not access Aquila through the Spiral door, but must use the chariot in Cyclops Lane. There is no level cap increase with this update.


Members will have access to these dungeons as part of their Membership benefit.

Crowns players can choose to rent a single dungeon for six hours, or purchase that single dungeon and own it forever on that account.

The prices for each of the Dungeons are as follows:

The six hour zone rental is priced at 645 Crowns per Dungeon. Renting these Dungeon Zones will allow most players enough time to experience the story of the dungeon at least once and get at a shot at the crowning rewards.

Mount Olympus for level 30+ Wizards has been priced at 2495 Crowns.This Dungeon is a particularly difficult challenge with equally amazing rewards, including Zeus' armor set which includes bonuses to healing and reduced damage for each school. Mount Olympus also contains a quest for a secret boss for level 90 Wizards to challenge.

Atlantea for level 70+ Wizards has been priced at 3245 Crowns. This dungeon won’t be a walk in the park but the Poseidon’s gear you have a chance at obtaining will be worth the fight. If you liked your Waterworks gear, you’re going to love Poseidon’s gear. Like Mount Olympus, Atlantea also contains a quest for a bonus boss encounter for level 90 Wizards.

Tartarus for level 90 Wizards has been priced at 3995 Crowns. This is the ultimate challenge, with equally ultimate rewards including the Hades’ set which is for only the strongest Wizards to discover. You will have to work very hard for this amazing gear that is some of the best you will see in the Spiral. On top of that, there are also rare Exalted Amulets in this dungeon that will make you put your Mastery Amulets in the Shared Bank!


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
30
Aquila is awesome, and I love that there is a new side world, I just wish we could go there through a spiral door. We know Aquila is a world, because we were there in pirate 101, so why can't we just have a spiral key there. Also, I was wondering if Aquila was supposed to be a place to get a lot of XP (like Wintertusk and Wysteria), or a place where you can get great gear (Like Waterworks and Grizzlehiem part 1) . (Judging by the power in the drops I got that lvl. 30s can use I think it might be the ladder). I love the new areas that us wizards are now allowed to walk in, and the immortal games is such a good idea.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
Professor Greyrose on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Aquila is a new Dungeon Zone in Wizard City. It is home to the Immortal Games, an epic challenge hosted by the magical Immortals. The Games will push a Wizard to the limits, and are an excellent test of determination, wit, and fortitude.

If you are level 30 or higher, speak to Cyrus Drake in the Myth School room of Ravenwood for a special assignment; "Quest for Glory". Aquila contains challenging dungeons for levels 30+, 70+ and 90+.

Much like Crab Alley is an extension of Triton Avenue, Aquila is an extension of Cyclops Lane. You will not access Aquila through the Spiral door, but must use the chariot in Cyclops Lane. There is no level cap increase with this update.


Members will have access to these dungeons as part of their Membership benefit.

Crowns players can choose to rent a single dungeon for six hours, or purchase that single dungeon and own it forever on that account.

The prices for each of the Dungeons are as follows:

The six hour zone rental is priced at 645 Crowns per Dungeon. Renting these Dungeon Zones will allow most players enough time to experience the story of the dungeon at least once and get at a shot at the crowning rewards.

Mount Olympus for level 30+ Wizards has been priced at 2495 Crowns.This Dungeon is a particularly difficult challenge with equally amazing rewards, including Zeus' armor set which includes bonuses to healing and reduced damage for each school. Mount Olympus also contains a quest for a secret boss for level 90 Wizards to challenge.

Atlantea for level 70+ Wizards has been priced at 3245 Crowns. This dungeon won’t be a walk in the park but the Poseidon’s gear you have a chance at obtaining will be worth the fight. If you liked your Waterworks gear, you’re going to love Poseidon’s gear. Like Mount Olympus, Atlantea also contains a quest for a bonus boss encounter for level 90 Wizards.

Tartarus for level 90 Wizards has been priced at 3995 Crowns. This is the ultimate challenge, with equally ultimate rewards including the Hades’ set which is for only the strongest Wizards to discover. You will have to work very hard for this amazing gear that is some of the best you will see in the Spiral. On top of that, there are also rare Exalted Amulets in this dungeon that will make you put your Mastery Amulets in the Shared Bank!
I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay yay Aquila! Woo hoo!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
Wait... Will this increase the level cap? It is a side world, so I'm confused.

Administrator
Molly the Balance ... on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Wait... Will this increase the level cap? It is a side world, so I'm confused.
No. This is a zone, not a world. There is no level cap increase with this update.


community@wizard101.com
Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
I love the idea of Aquila and the level specific dungeons, but why exactly would we want to do them?

There is absolutely no incentive to completing them. The dropped gear and crafted gear are both jokes. Sorry KI, but I am not sure who is in charge of creating the gear, but that person or team really needs their own update, because they are so 2 years ago, that they have lost touch with the actual game itself.

Please find a new team or listen to the players when it comes to gear, because Wizard101 is truly losing tons and tons of players due to this. When you are losing more than you are gaining, it's really hard to want to switch. Think of it this way, if you improve the gear, combine stats of waterworks and Azteca crafted gear, then people will want to farm these areas. Not only that, but people will spend money on stitching. More people will buy these areas and pay for subs to farm. To me, that is a win-win situation, but as it is, the world looks great, but that's all it is, for looks.

DarthJT

Historian
May 06, 2009
633
Darth JT on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I love the idea of Aquila and the level specific dungeons, but why exactly would we want to do them?

There is absolutely no incentive to completing them. The dropped gear and crafted gear are both jokes. Sorry KI, but I am not sure who is in charge of creating the gear, but that person or team really needs their own update, because they are so 2 years ago, that they have lost touch with the actual game itself.

Please find a new team or listen to the players when it comes to gear, because Wizard101 is truly losing tons and tons of players due to this. When you are losing more than you are gaining, it's really hard to want to switch. Think of it this way, if you improve the gear, combine stats of waterworks and Azteca crafted gear, then people will want to farm these areas. Not only that, but people will spend money on stitching. More people will buy these areas and pay for subs to farm. To me, that is a win-win situation, but as it is, the world looks great, but that's all it is, for looks.

DarthJT
Harsh maybe? And kinda ruin of you to backlash the Gear team, but your opinion and your entitled to it so whatever...

You do make some very compelling points. On a regular basis, I'd probably be against the idea of making one gear turn the whole game around by combining waterworks gear and Azteca crafted gear but, considering many wizards have had difficulty with the higher worlds, more of this would be nice. However, I don't want all of our problems continually solved with just one gear set or one spell. If we look at Waterworks gear, it can still preform perfectly 30 levels down the road. At 90 we're asking for a refresher and then go down another 30 levels and refresh and the cycle will go on. I'd like to see just more diversity in powerful gear so players have options on what they want to do and experience different strategies or see different sides of strong gear instead of it being in one gear set.

I thought the whole point of Aquila was to promote more drop rates. Drop rates are no different from Packs aside from the fact that they're free to do. I've seen some interesting pets and cool looking gear with fair spells and stats as a drop aspect.

Incentives. Incentives. Incentives. I like them a lot. But as you say Aquila needs some incentives (and maybe Azteca too) shouldn't we be saying the same thing about our beloved Waterworks? The gear is completely random and all the quest gives is some gold and experience just like Aquila?
Many players say that they want rewards, but in the form of what? At the end of each dungeon you get a new badge, but badges seem to mean nothing to many players so, what is it that needs to be added to the quest that will makes Wizards want to finish them? High gold and experience is great, but I'm thinking we're talking material things, yes? So...what should it be? I'm guessing, I would like the quests to give us plants that have a 100% chance of giving Amber and/or Turquoise for crafters or maybe...a new gear set I guess (next to spells, it's really the only thing I see people actually working for)?
However, if KI simply gave us all the answers to our problems in quests 100% of the time what would be the point of Crafting, Farming, and buying Crowns? As simple as it may seem, I think some things are more complex than they appear.

Do keep in mind though that Aquila was recently released and has only been out for 2-3 days. I don't feel we should be so quick (but not procrastinate) to think Kingsisle won't do anything about some of our issues. They will listen, disccus and consider, and act based upon how they see things going for both the game and community and the company itself.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
With that being said, I give a plea to KI for the amazing job they've done to make Aquila look incredible. Can't wait to try it out!!

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
269
New world Aquila.
Aquila is a side world. Does this mean Morganthe is not fought at the end or does she try and take something for herself there.

Cole Dunerunner

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
I understand that Aquila is the addition to Cyclops Lane similar to Crab Alley is of Triton Avenue. But does this dungeon drop gear equivilent to waterworks gear? I'm still not clear on this.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
191
Professor Greyrose on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
No. This is a zone, not a world. There is no level cap increase with this update.
Aquila is too grand a place for it to be just a zone, I do hope professor that you have something better planned for it because if this is all you have for this wonderful world (Pirate101-wise), you just lost one of your best possible expansion. I am not too keen on having side-worlds or zones that doesn't even give a new level cap.

If it is meant to give struggling players a chance of reprieve from Azteca's difficulty and let them gain enough XP to enter it, its fine. But for prometheans already, it is a waste of time, precious world location and storyline, if it only gives a chance for better drops because it could have easily been done with the existing worlds. Understand that I really am wowed with Aquila entering the world of W101, Im just too disappointed how it will be used.


-------Prometheans------------

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
I am not sure a "Zone" idea is for me. We did take a few wizards though but I felt the first was too difficult for my lvl 38 death and our 38 level Life. My first run henchmen were hired. On the second run I joined the Life with a level 40 fire and a puzzle was not solved correctly because an extra boss fight which was 30,000 health showed up. Leaving and returning seemed to be easier because port out keeps you in the Zone and the first one is close enough to re-enter soon. Some times porting back to wizard in there worked other times said they were busy. I soloed with my death which worked getting back in fine until the 4 minions fight and then it reset the instance on me after my 3rd try.

Our level 80's wizards did the first then second event. I did better with the puzzle but don't know how and we did not have to battle the high health boss. The hints for these things always escape me. The second event we got confused on and it took us hours to complete, it just seemed to go on forever - maybe because we were lost half the time. We don't plan on trying the last one with our level 90's wizards because they all seem to be geared a little higher then the world your wizard's level would be in and I am already getting a brain work out in Aztecia I don't need more of that to complete.

We did get a pet and some no trade gear that was feed to our current pets because of course we got them on wizards it didn't match for, which is the norm for us. I guess it is to discourage people from zipping though for the gear on a high level wizard for their lower level ones? Some of the gear would make a cool stitch too.

In the end I may run the 1st event when it goes live but would pass on the rest of the areas because it really won't benefit me in game much and it just isn't as easy as I would like. Like others though I am really not sure what the point of it is to make me bother.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
56
Me too when I get home from vacation I am gonna try aqulia out.My subscription will end soon so got to get back in game.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
I do like the fact you can go straight to the recipe vendor instead of opening it up by doing a bunch of quests or dungeons.

However, I have my doubts about the gear. On quick glance the stats look great, but it's missing essential factors that customers have been asking for. At this level of game play (90+), we do need great gear. Granted, critical doesn't seem to be such a huge factor in PvE any more (so why have it?), but to eliminate critical block and universal resistance? Preposterous. Not only that, but most of the new crafted wands don't make up for the lack of critical block in the gear at all.

It would be nice if we had an updated Waterworks-type gear with all the necessary stats that we need to be able to use against the ever-growing power of the mobs and bosses. Not all of the dropped/purchased/crafted gear needs to be missing such a great amount of stats, or one or two necessary stats. Why can't we have something universal that we can build on? Why do we have to sacrifice SO much just to get a little bit of something else? Having a variety of gear to choose from to craft would be wonderful. That way people can mix and match what they want, depending on if they want defense, offense, or a combination of both.

For level 90 gear, why do we have to farm for another piece of gear just to craft another? Huh? I'm really not sure what KI is thinking. Granted, this is Test Realm and things can change, but I find myself extremely disappointed that the dropped gear and the crafted version are once again, seriously lacking for what we need.

Overall I thought the dungeons were fun. It was something new and different that caught my attention and I was anxious to try it out. The look of the zone is wonderful, and many of the enemy spell animations are awesome!

I do agree with others that if they are to spend 12,000 crowns to open the dungeons, then it should be worthwhile with a variety of really awesome drops (and maybe some rarer stuff?).

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
2
First, let me compliment you folks for Aquila; it's a serious challenge in in most cases a lot of fun.

I would like to ask that some serious consideration be made to not overdo things. Although we would all love to be part of a team when we do these challenges, the truth is many want to do them solo AND do not have an unlimited expense account for crowns to keep hiring henchmen only to be killed anyway. An example is the Poseidon quest. How can a single player have a chance of winning when they cant heal at all without getting killed in one round, usually the first and waste crowns on henchmen who don't survive either? People want a challenge, but reasonable one, and as mentioned, the drops in many cases are not all that worth it so why should we waste time and money?

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1534
Northlite on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
I am not sure a "Zone" idea is for me. We did take a few wizards though but I felt the first was too difficult for my lvl 38 death and our 38 level Life. My first run henchmen were hired. On the second run I joined the Life with a level 40 fire and a puzzle was not solved correctly because an extra boss fight which was 30,000 health showed up. Leaving and returning seemed to be easier because port out keeps you in the Zone and the first one is close enough to re-enter soon. Some times porting back to wizard in there worked other times said they were busy. I soloed with my death which worked getting back in fine until the 4 minions fight and then it reset the instance on me after my 3rd try.

Our level 80's wizards did the first then second event. I did better with the puzzle but don't know how and we did not have to battle the high health boss. The hints for these things always escape me. The second event we got confused on and it took us hours to complete, it just seemed to go on forever - maybe because we were lost half the time. We don't plan on trying the last one with our level 90's wizards because they all seem to be geared a little higher then the world your wizard's level would be in and I am already getting a brain work out in Aztecia I don't need more of that to complete.

We did get a pet and some no trade gear that was feed to our current pets because of course we got them on wizards it didn't match for, which is the norm for us. I guess it is to discourage people from zipping though for the gear on a high level wizard for their lower level ones? Some of the gear would make a cool stitch too.

In the end I may run the 1st event when it goes live but would pass on the rest of the areas because it really won't benefit me in game much and it just isn't as easy as I would like. Like others though I am really not sure what the point of it is to make me bother.
I did this first round of games solo, and ofcourse on my level 89 life . I did not solve that puzzle either and had to fight the 3 minions but was not directed to fight that particular boss. Unless something was changed after I did the first dungeon, I believe that boss is just a side boss. I did however attempt it before I left the dungeon and failed, but otherwise, there was nothing indicating he had to be defeated in order to defeat the dungeon itself.

In response to the gear, I would have expected the gear especially the dropped gear in the last 2 events to be a better upgrade from WW gear. More nerfed and no trade no, actuion gear just really doesn't appeal to me. It might my pets though, they might get their bellies full. I just hopeit doesn't give them heart burn.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
56
Cole Dunerunner on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
New world Aquila.
Aquila is a side world. Does this mean Morganthe is not fought at the end or does she try and take something for herself there.

Cole Dunerunner
What I know is aqualia does NOT involve Morganthe even a bit.Well that's what I think because the las bosses are tartus or something like that some boss and Zeus.I have not been in the test realm this time but I have saw Alexander LionHearts video on the last boss solo was quite interesting.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2931
Cole Dunerunner on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
New world Aquila.
Aquila is a side world. Does this mean Morganthe is not fought at the end or does she try and take something for herself there.

Cole Dunerunner
as with the other side worlds (wysteria and grizzletusk), the plot has nothing to do with the main arc; means we probably won't hear from morganthistaire until the next main arc world is released.

(by that point, von will likely make a comeback, as her love for mally the undying is, well, undying)



-v.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
5
Omg i cant get quest a am lvl 73 and i go to myth school and i dont see !.so how do you get quest or have i already done it

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
DragonLady1818 on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
I did this first round of games solo, and ofcourse on my level 89 life . I did not solve that puzzle either and had to fight the 3 minions but was not directed to fight that particular boss. Unless something was changed after I did the first dungeon, I believe that boss is just a side boss. I did however attempt it before I left the dungeon and failed, but otherwise, there was nothing indicating he had to be defeated in order to defeat the dungeon itself.

In response to the gear, I would have expected the gear especially the dropped gear in the last 2 events to be a better upgrade from WW gear. More nerfed and no trade no, actuion gear just really doesn't appeal to me. It might my pets though, they might get their bellies full. I just hopeit doesn't give them heart burn.
I see now that you are correct, that apparently is a side boss fight. It was my second time in there and I ported to our 38 lvl Life wizard with my lvl 38 Fire, he started the instance with a lvl 90 Storm and she must of found this fight? She was a good sport fending off the monsters for us noobs - lol. We buffed, hired minions and healthed her for her hits. I believe the first dungeon would be suited for a higher level then 30 still though, my 38 death did get stuck on the 4 minions fight and I don't think it was going to happen even though the dungeon did reset on me.

In the end with gear I think it comes down to, it can't be the best, because too many would fly though the game with no challenge which is apparently what this game has become, if it's almost impossible for most of the people in the game - it's a keeper. I think we get spoiled by being able to better gear all the way though the first arc and then from there it's not so good going.

Crafting gets too difficult for me to complete, I really just don't have the time to farm, especially in worlds I don't enjoy questing in in the first place or hunt down nearly epic rare items. I do craft the Wintertusk gear on one of my wizards, which is a stretch but more my speed. Up to the Seal of the Seven Seas crafting was actually Fun for me. I know others that just don't have a clue and hate crafting (2 family members I help in game), I have to go step by step on the whole process just to get mom to craft up to being able to make the WT helmet. I am now used to things in the game being out of my reach, I am not a gamer it just doesn't come to me like others and I know where my place is - the first Arc. I consider myself a huge "fail" in Azteca because I have no clue how to battle that way, some of us just don't have game smarts and being defeated all the time just get older then me.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
Aquila is not a world. Aquila is not a side world. Aquila is not a quater of a world. Aquilla is not a tenth of a world. It is a zone. A zone. Such as triton Aventue. Such as Fire cat alley. Such as Crab Alley. A zone. Z-o-n-e.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1534
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Harsh maybe? And kinda ruin of you to backlash the Gear team, but your opinion and your entitled to it so whatever...

You do make some very compelling points. On a regular basis, I'd probably be against the idea of making one gear turn the whole game around by combining waterworks gear and Azteca crafted gear but, considering many wizards have had difficulty with the higher worlds, more of this would be nice. However, I don't want all of our problems continually solved with just one gear set or one spell. If we look at Waterworks gear, it can still preform perfectly 30 levels down the road. At 90 we're asking for a refresher and then go down another 30 levels and refresh and the cycle will go on. I'd like to see just more diversity in powerful gear so players have options on what they want to do and experience different strategies or see different sides of strong gear instead of it being in one gear set.

I thought the whole point of Aquila was to promote more drop rates. Drop rates are no different from Packs aside from the fact that they're free to do. I've seen some interesting pets and cool looking gear with fair spells and stats as a drop aspect.

Incentives. Incentives. Incentives. I like them a lot. But as you say Aquila needs some incentives (and maybe Azteca too) shouldn't we be saying the same thing about our beloved Waterworks? The gear is completely random and all the quest gives is some gold and experience just like Aquila?
Many players say that they want rewards, but in the form of what? At the end of each dungeon you get a new badge, but badges seem to mean nothing to many players so, what is it that needs to be added to the quest that will makes Wizards want to finish them? High gold and experience is great, but I'm thinking we're talking material things, yes? So...what should it be? I'm guessing, I would like the quests to give us plants that have a 100% chance of giving Amber and/or Turquoise for crafters or maybe...a new gear set I guess (next to spells, it's really the only thing I see people actually working for)?
However, if KI simply gave us all the answers to our problems in quests 100% of the time what would be the point of Crafting, Farming, and buying Crowns? As simple as it may seem, I think some things are more complex than they appear.

Do keep in mind though that Aquila was recently released and has only been out for 2-3 days. I don't feel we should be so quick (but not procrastinate) to think Kingsisle won't do anything about some of our issues. They will listen, disccus and consider, and act based upon how they see things going for both the game and community and the company itself.
I have to agree with Darth for the most part. Don't get me wrong, The dungeons are fun, the graphics are smoother and cleaner that anything we have seen in quite a while. I don't feel as if I am going to be choked by a stray vine.

But as far as farming these dungeons for the drops, I don't think so. The gear drops are just more of the same nerfed gear we have been seeing in Avalon and Asteca and virtually all of it is No trade, No Auction. To top it off, even the wands are being nerfed and School Specific.

Upgraded WW gear would be more of what we should be seeing in these dungeons. As with WW, we have and still farm WW for the gear and amulets. The same would hold true here as well. Many of us that have the WW gear run it time and again to help others get their gear as well. We would be doing the same thing in Aquila if the upgades were made.

I thought the crafting in Azteca was the worst, but I I have to revise that to the crafting in Aquila is the worst I have seen yet. Having to farm for pieces of gear for these recipes? I certainly won't be crafting any of this gear.

Historian
May 06, 2009
633
DragonLady1818 on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree with Darth for the most part. Don't get me wrong, The dungeons are fun, the graphics are smoother and cleaner that anything we have seen in quite a while. I don't feel as if I am going to be choked by a stray vine.

But as far as farming these dungeons for the drops, I don't think so. The gear drops are just more of the same nerfed gear we have been seeing in Avalon and Asteca and virtually all of it is No trade, No Auction. To top it off, even the wands are being nerfed and School Specific.

Upgraded WW gear would be more of what we should be seeing in these dungeons. As with WW, we have and still farm WW for the gear and amulets. The same would hold true here as well. Many of us that have the WW gear run it time and again to help others get their gear as well. We would be doing the same thing in Aquila if the upgades were made.

I thought the crafting in Azteca was the worst, but I I have to revise that to the crafting in Aquila is the worst I have seen yet. Having to farm for pieces of gear for these recipes? I certainly won't be crafting any of this gear.
There are cases where I feel an upgraded Waterworks gear would simply be a tad bit overpowered for our game sometimes. I dunno if it's all the responses I've seen from KI in their gear, or just that with how strong Waterworks gear is to work 30 levels down the road. I'm wondering this...

Also may I ask you a question (and this is to any other Wizard as well), if the Waterworks gear were to get upgraded, to what stat or stats to be majorly brought up and to what degree would this/these stat(s) need to be increased to fit what you've seen in the higher worlds? Considering that Ice can get 100% resist to Fire and Storm, would their gear allow immunity to all schools? Could increased waterworks gear give Fire and Storm the ability to have 80-100% damage or Life a large about of Heal? These are things I'm just wondering in my head. And, from what I showed you of Posiedon's Helm of Vim (which I'm afraid I can't agree with you that it's a downgrade), would adding in new stats (like pierce, accuracy, or increasing critical and heal etc.) be viable as an upgraded waterworks gear?

As for crafting, it's was most likely I wasn't going to craft the gear anyway. Why? It's not because of the end result. As it turns out, the reason the crafted gear calls for gear, is because this recipes are empowering the dropped gear and increasing some (not all) stats by a few points to be stronger. Because the dropped gear and crafted gear are really so similar, I don't think I will immediately consider crafting these sets (but I might come around just to see how KI wants us to utilize this offensive game play going forward.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
403
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
There are cases where I feel an upgraded Waterworks gear would simply be a tad bit overpowered for our game sometimes. I dunno if it's all the responses I've seen from KI in their gear, or just that with how strong Waterworks gear is to work 30 levels down the road. I'm wondering this...

Also may I ask you a question (and this is to any other Wizard as well), if the Waterworks gear were to get upgraded, to what stat or stats to be majorly brought up and to what degree would this/these stat(s) need to be increased to fit what you've seen in the higher worlds? Considering that Ice can get 100% resist to Fire and Storm, would their gear allow immunity to all schools? Could increased waterworks gear give Fire and Storm the ability to have 80-100% damage or Life a large about of Heal? These are things I'm just wondering in my head. And, from what I showed you of Posiedon's Helm of Vim (which I'm afraid I can't agree with you that it's a downgrade), would adding in new stats (like pierce, accuracy, or increasing critical and heal etc.) be viable as an upgraded waterworks gear?

As for crafting, it's was most likely I wasn't going to craft the gear anyway. Why? It's not because of the end result. As it turns out, the reason the crafted gear calls for gear, is because this recipes are empowering the dropped gear and increasing some (not all) stats by a few points to be stronger. Because the dropped gear and crafted gear are really so similar, I don't think I will immediately consider crafting these sets (but I might come around just to see how KI wants us to utilize this offensive game play going forward.
Waterworks gear was a milestone. It gave us one set that said we'd arrived. It looks like nothing else in the game, and was clearly the best all around stats for the next 20 levels. That didn't mean we couldn't use other things. Certain items are better for specific stats or situations, but WW was the standard and a badge of honor. That feeling of "wow, I've made it" was special, and I think a lot of veteran players who have now made it through Azteca want that again - unique looking and clearly top quality sets.

As far as stats I think most of us agree that universal resist shouldn't go much higher than WW. Ice and Jade gear is already excessive. But we should at least keep everything what we have, and gain in crit and block which scale down as we level up. A bit more power pip % and accuracy would be logical. We have grown up in the game and become stronger, so it makes sense we'd have learned to avoid fizzle and cast higher rank spells faster. Pierce may become an issue in the next world. We are starting to see enemies with more than one resist and some that cast multiple shields. Then the question becomes should we be more general, with even stats between schools, or more specialized, with life and ice gaining extra health, storm and fire extra damage, balance proprietary buffs, etc. That should be discussed with players IMO. I like each school to have personality, so I'd go for more individuality, but I know some players who solo everything want all their wizards to be able to adapt. The best would be to offer a couple options, such as an all-around set from one boss, and single purpose sets from another. The we could customize to our own playing style.

I have a feeling that right now one hand at KI doesn't know what the other is doing when it comes to gear and play styles. On one hand they seem reluctant to give high levels outstanding gear, but they are putting wildly OP items in packs and level 30 drops. It doesn't make sense.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
53
Fishburt700 on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Aquila is awesome, and I love that there is a new side world, I just wish we could go there through a spiral door. We know Aquila is a world, because we were there in pirate 101, so why can't we just have a spiral key there. Also, I was wondering if Aquila was supposed to be a place to get a lot of XP (like Wintertusk and Wysteria), or a place where you can get great gear (Like Waterworks and Grizzlehiem part 1) . (Judging by the power in the drops I got that lvl. 30s can use I think it might be the ladder). I love the new areas that us wizards are now allowed to walk in, and the immortal games is such a good idea.
You can't access it through a Spiral Door because the Spiral Door's story (when explained by Bartleby) is that it only opens to world. Aquila is an expansion.