Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Dungeon Zone of Aquila

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Hannah, Ares is a fire boss and I'm in school and I beat him with different people that are in different schools. You should find a person that's level 50+. Hope that works.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Hannah Bluegem on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
New and challenging dungeons and zones are fun if you can play them by yourself, but I'm as far as I can get on my own. It's rare that any of my friends are on when I'm playing and since I don't know many of them personally, it's not like I can call and set up a time. It's especially frustrating in a dungeon like Aquila when you've battled yourself almost to the top and then you've fought Ares about 20 times (literally) and still can't defeat him. If you give up you have to start the whole thing over. And it's lots of fun the first several tries but after you've gone so far and had to start over so many times it's just frustrating and stops being enjoyable. I do love this game. I guess maybe I'll just use a lower level Wizard for awhile. Thanks for listening!
What I have been finding is the difficulty of the game has been set to the top of the bar from say, Zafaria on with all things created for the game, including this "Zone". Avalon for me was a big game divide, in the contest of take it or leave it - leave it wins for me, I don't foresee any more of my wizards entering that world, there just doesn't seem to be a reason for me to put them though it.

Content introduced into the game now seems to be for people who like an extreme challenge and they know how to play the game very well so these areas are no sweat to them and when they cast it aside they will crave harder game play. You can tell who they are when they say the level 88 spell quest for them was "easy" as an example or one person says they can't get though the trial of spheres another says I did it in 30 mins. The diversity of the players in the game now is just too WIDE. It pits the casual against the hard core players all the time. Personally if you were to take a poll I would think more people are struggling with the content then not but that is just from what I have seen in my limited wanderings around the Spiral.

Some of us who joined Wizards for different reasons are not adjusting well and some really just can't step up to the plate on that sort of game play, we had no idea our happy go lucky little wizard was going to have to turn into a lean mean fighting machine to get though the game. The best we can do is continue to go back to where we belong the first Arc, where we can enjoy the game and not feel over powered by it and when we get tired of that we will fade off into the "find another game to play that suits us better" sunset.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Darth JT on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I love the idea of Aquila and the level specific dungeons, but why exactly would we want to do them?

There is absolutely no incentive to completing them. The dropped gear and crafted gear are both jokes. Sorry KI, but I am not sure who is in charge of creating the gear, but that person or team really needs their own update, because they are so 2 years ago, that they have lost touch with the actual game itself.

Please find a new team or listen to the players when it comes to gear, because Wizard101 is truly losing tons and tons of players due to this. When you are losing more than you are gaining, it's really hard to want to switch. Think of it this way, if you improve the gear, combine stats of waterworks and Azteca crafted gear, then people will want to farm these areas. Not only that, but people will spend money on stitching. More people will buy these areas and pay for subs to farm. To me, that is a win-win situation, but as it is, the world looks great, but that's all it is, for looks.

DarthJT
I like the new zone it is very cool! The graphics are awesome in the battles. I am sure the KI team worked very hard to put this all together! I have 3 lvl 90 wizards. I am after the Hades Robe for my Storm Wiz. I am after the full set for my death Wiz. The only thing that bothers me is that I worked so hard for my transcended crafter badge! Now this Hades gear is somewhat better than my Azteca Gear with more power pips, higher critical, and more block overall. Plus more Pierce! I know it loses some damage, but I still like it! I see some Storms with the new hades gear, and they have over 500 critical, but low resist, and low block. Still that high of critical is going to be very hard to block, so look out! This going to shake up PVP as we know it! Of course I just did Tartarus before posting this, and a myth wearing hades gear with over 400 critical got killed in the final battle. I was in with my Death Wiz, and I had to heal him before we killed Zeus. I have done Tartarus 12 times so far with my Death Wiz. I have only got the Hades Wand so far. This is going to take a lot of work to get all the Hades Gear! Just hope you don't go into Tartarus with weak group, or you will be doing the Dungeon for 3 hours, or get killed whatever comes first! lol have fun Wizards!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
wiz247511 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
I like the new zone it is very cool! The graphics are awesome in the battles. I am sure the KI team worked very hard to put this all together! I have 3 lvl 90 wizards. I am after the Hades Robe for my Storm Wiz. I am after the full set for my death Wiz. The only thing that bothers me is that I worked so hard for my transcended crafter badge! Now this Hades gear is somewhat better than my Azteca Gear with more power pips, higher critical, and more block overall. Plus more Pierce! I know it loses some damage, but I still like it! I see some Storms with the new hades gear, and they have over 500 critical, but low resist, and low block. Still that high of critical is going to be very hard to block, so look out! This going to shake up PVP as we know it! Of course I just did Tartarus before posting this, and a myth wearing hades gear with over 400 critical got killed in the final battle. I was in with my Death Wiz, and I had to heal him before we killed Zeus. I have done Tartarus 12 times so far with my Death Wiz. I have only got the Hades Wand so far. This is going to take a lot of work to get all the Hades Gear! Just hope you don't go into Tartarus with weak group, or you will be doing the Dungeon for 3 hours, or get killed whatever comes first! lol have fun Wizards!
JT,

What is the name of your wizard, cause I need the help in getting past this one. Have done this once completely and another that had lost at Cerebus.

When I helped defeat the three brothers, I was sickened a bit after a death wizard yelled no, and I checked my gear for what robe I got (L90 Senator gear), and felt like I was hit below the belt after all the traversing of Tartarus.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Aquila is a new Dungeon Zone in Wizard City. It is home to the Immortal Games, an epic challenge hosted by the magical Immortals. The Games will push a Wizard to the limits, and are an excellent test of determination, wit, and fortitude.

If you are level 30 or higher, speak to Cyrus Drake in the Myth School room of Ravenwood for a special assignment; "Quest for Glory". Aquila contains challenging dungeons for levels 30+, 70+ and 90+.

Much like Crab Alley is an extension of Triton Avenue, Aquila is an extension of Cyclops Lane. You will not access Aquila through the Spiral door, but must use the chariot in Cyclops Lane. There is no level cap increase with this update.

Members will have access to these dungeons as part of their Membership benefit.

Crowns players can choose to rent a single dungeon for six hours, or purchase that single dungeon and own it forever on that account.

The prices for each of the Dungeons are as follows:

The six hour zone rental is priced at 645 Crowns per Dungeon. Renting these Dungeon Zones will allow most players enough time to experience the story of the dungeon at least once and get at a shot at the crowning rewards.

Mount Olympus for level 30+ Wizards has been priced at 2495 Crowns.This Dungeon is a particularly difficult challenge with equally amazing rewards, including Zeus' armor set which includes bonuses to healing and reduced damage for each school. Mount Olympus also contains a quest for a secret boss for level 90 Wizards to challenge.

Atlantea for level 70+ Wizards has been priced at 3245 Crowns. This dungeon won’t be a walk in the park but the Poseidon’s gear you have a chance at obtaining will be worth the fight. If you liked your Waterworks gear, you’re going to love Poseidon’s gear. Like Mount Olympus, Atlantea also contains a quest for a bonus boss encounter for level 90 Wizards.

Tartarus for level 90 Wizards has been priced at 3995 Crowns. This is the ultimate challenge, with equally ultimate rewards including the Hades’ set which is for only the strongest Wizards to discover. You will have to work very hard for this amazing gear that is some of the best you will see in the Spiral. On top of that, there are also rare Exalted Amulets in this dungeon that will make you put your Mastery Amulets in the Shared Bank!
who do I see to buy Tartarus.
hammer77817186

Survivor
Nov 17, 2009
jusy wondering do the amulet really exsist if played hades and cronus a bunch and i mean a bunch at least 30 or more times and i keep getting the same gear over and over..... i will keep trying but i only ran across a very few wizard who have gotting one so just wondering is there anything that i might try to improve the chance of getting cronus or hades to drop any of these amulet that ive heard about.... any infor or help would be great

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
Does this mean Aquila cannot be accessed by a spiral door. Does this mean that the entire Aquila is just part of Wizard City. I guess this mean pirates actually were close to Ravenwood.

Antonio, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
i finally got one of zues's items i got the hat and also got a level 90 wand and enchanted armament from gladiator dimarchus thanks to my level 90 friend

level 42

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Antonio SandShade on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
Does this mean Aquila cannot be accessed by a spiral door. Does this mean that the entire Aquila is just part of Wizard City. I guess this mean pirates actually were close to Ravenwood.

Antonio, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer
It is a zone off Cyclops so it's not part of the Spiral Door.

You need to go see Prof Drake at level 30 or more to start the dungeons available there.

You need to return to him for the lvl 70 then lvl 90 instances.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
You've got the right idea, but you're looking in the wrong area in terms of gear. Zeus drops Level 30 gear only/primarily. You will not find of Level 90 version of Zeus' gear in Mount Olympus. If you're looking for Level 90 gear, Hades' gear in Tartarus is that Level 90 gear. It is the sort of upgraded version from Zeus' and Posiedon's gear sets. You will have to go there for your Level 90 set.

Khalkos' gear requires you to have the dropped version (Senator's Set) before crafting the gear. The crafting recipe then empowers the Senator's Set to a Adept, Artisan's orTransedent crafted version. It's deffinitely more offensively built, but it's defense is not to very one's liking.

I do hope KI will add on to Aquila as time goes by, but for now, I'm pleased with what's here.
Cunning,

Thanks for the tips.

By the way, I have a death brother (Talon), who is debating whether buying swords and rings should be school-specific or pip based? He is either L48 or 49 and was excited about how he soloed Sylvia's Tomb in the Necropolis.

When I originally battled Malistaire, I won his Ebon Robe and Fire Ring, and since KI has allowed item locking, when he reaches L50 (he is still in the 2nd tier of Dragonspyre), he can switch out his robe.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
As member I am confused as to access. Do I need to complete a task to get access to Alantea or the other dungeon, Tartarus? Do I need to purchase the zones? Do I have to defeat the Gladiator in Mt. Olympus before I can advance onward to the other zones?
The sigils for the other two dungeons are not lit. What do I have to do to light them up?
I thought the area was free to those with membership.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
birdboysf on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
As member I am confused as to access. Do I need to complete a task to get access to Alantea or the other dungeon, Tartarus? Do I need to purchase the zones? Do I have to defeat the Gladiator in Mt. Olympus before I can advance onward to the other zones?
The sigils for the other two dungeons are not lit. What do I have to do to light them up?
I thought the area was free to those with membership.
You must be at least level 30, then 70 then 90 to complete all 3 dungeons. You must see Prof Drake for each dungeon. You must work your way up to the last one.

The area is included in membership.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Aquila is a new Dungeon Zone in Wizard City. It is home to the Immortal Games, an epic challenge hosted by the magical Immortals. The Games will push a Wizard to the limits, and are an excellent test of determination, wit, and fortitude.

If you are level 30 or higher, speak to Cyrus Drake in the Myth School room of Ravenwood for a special assignment; "Quest for Glory". Aquila contains challenging dungeons for levels 30+, 70+ and 90+.

Much like Crab Alley is an extension of Triton Avenue, Aquila is an extension of Cyclops Lane. You will not access Aquila through the Spiral door, but must use the chariot in Cyclops Lane. There is no level cap increase with this update.

Crowns players can choose to rent a single dungeon for six hours, or purchase that single dungeon and own it forever on that account.

The six hour zone rental is priced at 645 Crowns per Dungeon. Renting these Dungeon Zones will allow most players enough time to experience the story of the dungeon at least once and get at a shot at the crowning rewards.

Mount Olympus for level 30+ Wizards has been priced at 2495 Crowns.This Dungeon is a particularly difficult challenge with equally amazing rewards, including Zeus' armor set which includes bonuses to healing and reduced damage for each school. Mount Olympus also contains a quest for a secret boss for level 90 Wizards to challenge.

Atlantea for level 70+ Wizards has been priced at 3245 Crowns. This dungeon won’t be a walk in the park but the Poseidon’s gear you have a chance at obtaining will be worth the fight. If you liked your Waterworks gear, you’re going to love Poseidon’s gear. Like Mount Olympus, Atlantea also contains a quest for a bonus boss encounter for level 90 Wizards.

Tartarus for level 90 Wizards has been priced at 3995 Crowns. This is the ultimate challenge, with equally ultimate rewards including the Hades’ set which is for only the strongest Wizards to discover. You will have to work very hard for this amazing gear that is some of the best you will see in the Spiral. On top of that, there are also rare Exalted Amulets in this dungeon that will make you put your Mastery Amulets in the Shared Bank!
You forgot to mention Cronus in the Cave of Nyx in Tartarus!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
I love Aquila and all the dungeons. Challenging, fun, and good graphics! Only problem I have is Hades gear is near impossible. Instead of a "rare" drop its a "ultra-rare" drop it seems. I Fought Tartarus like 20 times on my life, fire, and storm. I seen the crafting gear but its nothing compared to hades gear. I Want Kingsisle to add the hades type gear in crafting for people like me don't have to fight all day just to get what I need.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Why not add a zone for fire cat alley?

Duncan SoulCaller-lvl65

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012
Hello Professor,
I am having a problem with this dungeon.
I have completed it with my two more friends, and now we need to defeat only Zeus Skyfather, but I cannot enter the room somehow. It shows the message "Wait young wizard..that are is not quite ready bla bla.." the same message which shows when I enter a new area but, there is nothing loading in the screen, and I am waiting for like 30 mins and cannot enter still. Please help me!

Paul Fireflame
Master of Ice.(Level 48)

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010

Although I enjoy the promethean gear, I have one problem with it. It gives barely any block. I really wish that the wands could give less critical and more block, because enemies in Tartarus are constantly using critical hits on me. Extra critical rating doesn't mean a thing if I die before I can attack.

Nicholas DeathWeaver, Promethean Necromancer

(I think the Blade of the Felled Titan and the Alpha and Omega Ring are really good pieces of gear, and I love the combined 25% attack increase. Good job Kingsisle! All promethean wizards should farm for them!!!!!!!!!)

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
Hi guys i'm only a lvl 37 so it is really hard for me to do this zone! I really like how Kingsisle set this up. I also like what armor you can get. But the only problem is that its so hard since i am a lower lvl!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Darth JT on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I love the idea of Aquila and the level specific dungeons, but why exactly would we want to do them?

There is absolutely no incentive to completing them. The dropped gear and crafted gear are both jokes. Sorry KI, but I am not sure who is in charge of creating the gear, but that person or team really needs their own update, because they are so 2 years ago, that they have lost touch with the actual game itself.

Please find a new team or listen to the players when it comes to gear, because Wizard101 is truly losing tons and tons of players due to this. When you are losing more than you are gaining, it's really hard to want to switch. Think of it this way, if you improve the gear, combine stats of waterworks and Azteca crafted gear, then people will want to farm these areas. Not only that, but people will spend money on stitching. More people will buy these areas and pay for subs to farm. To me, that is a win-win situation, but as it is, the world looks great, but that's all it is, for looks.

DarthJT
I will admit the gear is a little less powerful than I expected, but I still think it's an improvement and I will farm for it. Some of the gear, such as the Blade of the Felled Titan and the Alpha and Omega Ring, are easy to farm for and are better than basically any other ring and athame you can think of. Although I do have a big problem with the wands, because they don't give any block.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
Aquila is a great idea in my mind! It gives lower level wizards the opportunity to compete in tournaments! Thank you for making this wizard101

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
I just got to lvl 30 who gets me into Aquila?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
taryn sancloud on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
Cyrus Drake, the Myth Professor will set you on the quests for it.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
taryn sancloud on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
Once you reach level 30 you will get called by Cyrus Drake and he will give you a quest to go talk to Romulus in Cyclops Lane. Then i am pretty sure that you will need to go back and talk to Cyrus. After this you will need to talk to the first person you really see in The Garden of Hesperides, i do not remember his name. when you talk to him he will be giving you a quest to enter the first dungeon here called mount Olympus and you will need to defeat the whole dungeon and kill Zeus Sky Father.

Sarah SparkleCloud 95Pet Warlord

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
I have a question. Whenever i go in the dungeon for lvl 30+ mount Olympus i always go with groups but whenever we go inside i am the only one there
Megan Icegem Lvl 30

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
ChocolateFrog567 on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
I have a question. Whenever i go in the dungeon for lvl 30+ mount Olympus i always go with groups but whenever we go inside i am the only one there
Megan Icegem Lvl 30
Nvm I found out what happened. I had to restarts before I could go in with a group silly me