Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Dungeon Zone of Aquila

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2012
dark17604 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I love Aquila and all the dungeons. Challenging, fun, and good graphics! Only problem I have is Hades gear is near impossible. Instead of a "rare" drop its a "ultra-rare" drop it seems. I Fought Tartarus like 20 times on my life, fire, and storm. I seen the crafting gear but its nothing compared to hades gear. I Want Kingsisle to add the hades type gear in crafting for people like me don't have to fight all day just to get what I need.
if you could craft it would take away all of the rareness in getting the gear

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
I just tried the first dungeon of Aquila this weekend. I have to say it's pretty hard the first time, because of all the cheating enemies. The second time you do it, it's a lot easier because you know the cheats to expect. i honestly say that I can't wait til i'm level 70 to do atlantea. Thanks KingsIsle for creating this world. I hope you come up with even cooler updates. I will be happy to try them on the test realm when it is open.

Destiny Seacloud
Level 46 life wizard

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
In a sense, Aquila ruined PvP for me-- and a whole lot of other people. I'll start with Mount Olympus. Great dungeon, pretty fun, but atrocious armor. By atrocious I mean too good for those who don't have that armor and PvP at that level (30). Atlantea didn't really hurt the PvP world so I guess that dungeon and its armor was okay. Tartarus, on the other hand, is just ridiculous. It's not that hard, but the armor you can get from there (after many, many attempts) gives critical that is WAY too high. So now PvP is bases mainly on critical. I understand that in some matches people won't have hades armor (like the previous PvPers or those who think they can do without the new armor) and strategy will be the main factor. Although this is now very rare to see, so strategy means nothing, and whoever has the highest critical wins most of the time. PvP has changed-- for the worse-- all thanks to Aquila.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Lightning76543 on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
In a sense, Aquila ruined PvP for me-- and a whole lot of other people. I'll start with Mount Olympus. Great dungeon, pretty fun, but atrocious armor. By atrocious I mean too good for those who don't have that armor and PvP at that level (30). Atlantea didn't really hurt the PvP world so I guess that dungeon and its armor was okay. Tartarus, on the other hand, is just ridiculous. It's not that hard, but the armor you can get from there (after many, many attempts) gives critical that is WAY too high. So now PvP is bases mainly on critical. I understand that in some matches people won't have hades armor (like the previous PvPers or those who think they can do without the new armor) and strategy will be the main factor. Although this is now very rare to see, so strategy means nothing, and whoever has the highest critical wins most of the time. PvP has changed-- for the worse-- all thanks to Aquila.
Strategy still means plenty. You can overcome critical with block. Tartarus gear restored the balance that had been lost with overly defensive gear. Nothing has been lost. Now there are options. Choose wisely ;)

Survivor
May 02, 2009
the tartarus drops are unfair to all, the rate should go up every 10 times you finish the hades battle, the wand drops would go up by 3%, gear by 2%, and amulet of divine influence by .2%
David DarkBreath 95

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Um... Blackthunder gear. Ridiculous? Where's the accuracy? I have 31 accuracy in total but I see storm wizards with full blackthunder with only about 8 accuracy? WHAT?! 78% chance? We lose so much accuracy to achieve insane criticals but lose damage too. What if you don't get a critical? Say bye bye to that one hit you was hoping for. What if they block? Same thing again. Who makes the gear for W101? They completely forgot that we need accuracy. I wouldn't mind losing power pip chance for accuracy like with waterworks gear but nope. We need accuracy, as well as fire does too (I think they have lost accuracy too but I haven't seen any with full tartarus gear) Whats up with that? I only am farming for the gear for the criticals, more health. I am not looking forward to going down to about 88 damage when I see myth wizards and death with 89 damage. Please change this or make better gear?

If not then at least add a deck that gives accuracy for fire and storm wizards dropped by hades or cronus.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Natsu Dragneel on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Um... Blackthunder gear. Ridiculous? Where's the accuracy? I have 31 accuracy in total but I see storm wizards with full blackthunder with only about 8 accuracy? WHAT?! 78% chance? We lose so much accuracy to achieve insane criticals but lose damage too. What if you don't get a critical? Say bye bye to that one hit you was hoping for. What if they block? Same thing again. Who makes the gear for W101? They completely forgot that we need accuracy. I wouldn't mind losing power pip chance for accuracy like with waterworks gear but nope. We need accuracy, as well as fire does too (I think they have lost accuracy too but I haven't seen any with full tartarus gear) Whats up with that? I only am farming for the gear for the criticals, more health. I am not looking forward to going down to about 88 damage when I see myth wizards and death with 89 damage. Please change this or make better gear?

If not then at least add a deck that gives accuracy for fire and storm wizards dropped by hades or cronus.
Ya, the storm gear from Tartarus isn't so good. Some of the other schools get better stuff, but most of the storm gear is worse than Waterworks for questing. The high pierce can be good for PvP but otherwise it's kind of lame.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Gemma Luna on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Ya, the storm gear from Tartarus isn't so good. Some of the other schools get better stuff, but most of the storm gear is worse than Waterworks for questing. The high pierce can be good for PvP but otherwise it's kind of lame.
Fire's unseen lord's cinder set doesn't have as much damage as waterworks gear too. Fire's unseen lord's set only gives a total of 3% fire accuracy that adds up to 78% accuracy.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Gemma Luna on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
True. I'm a guy who only focuses on PvE so the tartarus gear is almost useless to me, lol. Idk what KI was thinking... maybe they were trying to promote PVP with the pierce but then again, I think they fail to realize some do not enjoy PVP like myself.

I could easily go through the old azteca with waterworks robe and hat and the crafted boots. I only think that the blackthunder gear is good in PVE if you have a group of people to quest with, which again, is a downfall to me since I solo. Storm soloers should not even bother to do the entire of tartarus. Just get the exalted life amulet and the athame and ring and you're done. Maybe the wand if you have a high enough block and need more crit o.o

Rest of wizards are boring and these 2 schools are my favored. :)

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Aquila is awesome, Hades Gear plus Amulet of Divine Influence equal total pvp destruction.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
i am level 31.and Aquila is hard for me..
i spent a lot for crowns and i still lost