Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Dungeon Zone of Aquila

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Are there going to be new pets in these dungeons? I have heard of a Lil' Siren pet in the test realm, but that's it.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
So I just completed Aquila for the first time at level 30 and got a great wand! I was wondering, if I repeat it, is there a possibility to get other gear or is the wand the only thing you can get at level 30? I just wasn't sure if it was worth repeating. Thanks everyone! I've had a blast doing it!

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Proffesor I have to give you a pat on the back this place is excellent currently doing Atlantea it's epic!!!!!!! WOOT

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Harsh maybe? And kinda ruin of you to backlash the Gear team, but your opinion and your entitled to it so whatever...

You do make some very compelling points. On a regular basis, I'd probably be against the idea of making one gear turn the whole game around by combining waterworks gear and Azteca crafted gear but, considering many wizards have had difficulty with the higher worlds, more of this would be nice. However, I don't want all of our problems continually solved with just one gear set or one spell. If we look at Waterworks gear, it can still preform perfectly 30 levels down the road. At 90 we're asking for a refresher and then go down another 30 levels and refresh and the cycle will go on. I'd like to see just more diversity in powerful gear so players have options on what they want to do and experience different strategies or see different sides of strong gear instead of it being in one gear set.

I thought the whole point of Aquila was to promote more drop rates. Drop rates are no different from Packs aside from the fact that they're free to do. I've seen some interesting pets and cool looking gear with fair spells and stats as a drop aspect.

Incentives. Incentives. Incentives. I like them a lot. But as you say Aquila needs some incentives (and maybe Azteca too) shouldn't we be saying the same thing about our beloved Waterworks? The gear is completely random and all the quest gives is some gold and experience just like Aquila?
Many players say that they want rewards, but in the form of what? At the end of each dungeon you get a new badge, but badges seem to mean nothing to many players so, what is it that needs to be added to the quest that will makes Wizards want to finish them? High gold and experience is great, but I'm thinking we're talking material things, yes? So...what should it be? I'm guessing, I would like the quests to give us plants that have a 100% chance of giving Amber and/or Turquoise for crafters or maybe...a new gear set I guess (next to spells, it's really the only thing I see people actually working for)?
However, if KI simply gave us all the answers to our problems in quests 100% of the time what would be the point of Crafting, Farming, and buying Crowns? As simple as it may seem, I think some things are more complex than they appear.

Do keep in mind though that Aquila was recently released and has only been out for 2-3 days. I don't feel we should be so quick (but not procrastinate) to think Kingsisle won't do anything about some of our issues. They will listen, disccus and consider, and act based upon how they see things going for both the game and community and the company itself.
Cunning,

I like your idea of the plants that gives Amber or Turquoise, and while I did read what Professor Greyrose had said about Armor in the areas for Zeus and Poseidon; what schools do these armors belong to? I seen the Hades gear is for Death (unless all schools can use it). I have been in Zafaria, and this is the first mention of Aquila being open on Cyclops Lane.

II am gonna watch this topic, so if either you or Professor Greyrose can help me understand the Zeus and Poseidon Armors, that would be great.

If any other reader knows as well, I am looking to update my equipment (not hitting criticals in lower worlds anymore as often), and if Aquila has better stats than Azteca, I would be willing to trade up (just not sure if I wanna actually finish the gear to try it out)

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
May 08, 2012
Shadow of the Past on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Are there going to be new pets in these dungeons? I have heard of a Lil' Siren pet in the test realm, but that's it.
I have heard of an enchanted armament pet and a harpy pet. I'm pretty sure that there are secret bosses in each of the three dungeons.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
It's definitely a challenge but I'm not so sure about that 30+ level. My 45 death wizard is getting his behind handed to him.

I like how the different bosses need different strategies (Ares retaliates against direct attacks but not group, Zeus against energy drains).

Soloing looks out of the question. You need a 4-player team of least 40's.

And then fighting 3 elites who seem to each have 4 or 5 humongofrogs to throw at you. Too much damage to keep up with while you're trying to line up a buff combo.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Darth JT on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I love the idea of Aquila and the level specific dungeons, but why exactly would we want to do them?

There is absolutely no incentive to completing them. The dropped gear and crafted gear are both jokes. Sorry KI, but I am not sure who is in charge of creating the gear, but that person or team really needs their own update, because they are so 2 years ago, that they have lost touch with the actual game itself.

Please find a new team or listen to the players when it comes to gear, because Wizard101 is truly losing tons and tons of players due to this. When you are losing more than you are gaining, it's really hard to want to switch. Think of it this way, if you improve the gear, combine stats of waterworks and Azteca crafted gear, then people will want to farm these areas. Not only that, but people will spend money on stitching. More people will buy these areas and pay for subs to farm. To me, that is a win-win situation, but as it is, the world looks great, but that's all it is, for looks.

DarthJT
I understand what you are saying but i would also like to point something out to people because it seems like lots of people forget this. Wizard101 is a GAME, you should not be playing cause you want better gear or more xp you should be playing because its fun! You shouldn't need incentive in gear or anything it should be incentive enough that you will be enjoying yourself

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Shadow of the Past on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Warning:If you want a spoiler read this post.
Aquila has 4 pets. They are the Enchanted Armament, Harpy, Golden Ram, and the Lil' Siren.
Critical Death

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
dreadpiratemongo on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
It's definitely a challenge but I'm not so sure about that 30+ level. My 45 death wizard is getting his behind handed to him.

I like how the different bosses need different strategies (Ares retaliates against direct attacks but not group, Zeus against energy drains).

And then fighting 3 elites who seem to each have 4 or 5 humongofrogs to throw at you. Too much damage to keep up with while you're trying to line up a buff combo.
I agree with you there, my level 38 death just couldn't seem to get past those repeated frogs. I would wait on level 48 for Scarecrow. I finally ended up in a group because it reset for some reason on me but then all the monsters double so you end up spending more time anyway.

On the up side my lvl 58 Storm had no problem getting though it solo and fighting stuff that is at a lower level then Celestia was actually refreshing for me, that spear dragging guy got me once but I was more prepared when I got back there. I look to side worlds and now zones as a break to what I am currently questing on, not more work. I am not really a farmer, unless the fights are easy and mainly just for a pet so I can take it or leave it, either so this zone could have the absolutely best gear going and I won't get it.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
I don't think anyone seems to know -

are you able to "flee" from a dungeon in Aquila to, let's say, fill up potions, and then re-enter alone
like you can in Waterworks to rejoin your group?

In Atlantea, you don't get wisps until near the end of the dungeon and potions are essential to certain players after each fight if healing isn't taking place.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
so i love aquila but seriously? why do you have to pay to go int he dungeons? or why do you have to be a member? i mean for people who cant get those or for people who only get crowns to lvl up and not to dungeons, then really? all the other famous dungeons like winterbane and pagoda(which i have done many times for both) you dont have to pay, so why should you have to pay to go into the aquila dungeons? its just not fair.
Caleb Hawktalon lvl 26

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
dreadpiratemongo on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:

Dread and everyone that hasn't battled Poseidon yet;

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT toss converts, or any traps at him! He retaliates as soon as you place them on him. Best option is damage or time spells (Fire Dragon works well, as does Lord of Winter), because he ignores them completely. Build up your blades (if you have sharpened blade in your deck, use them), because Poseidon has no problem with them.

The only reason I mention these two, is because a fire wizard joined me in going through Atlantea. Our first venture against Lamia got rid of her storm shark but booted us out. I ran back in to try battling Lamia again, and by the time she went down, the fire wizard returned.

I tried casting Balefrost to get a better handle of the battle, and was told "I was not the master down here", and she recast doom and gloom canceling out Balefrost.

I have seen posts that complain how hard the boss is (and if you cast traps and converts, expect about a minimum of 300 damage per attack by Poseidon), so please keep these things in mind.

Timothy Pearflower, L90

Survivor
Dec 17, 2012
i don't know if it's just me with this problem, but i was in the area atlantea and to advance to another area IN atlantea you had to rent it, so i rented it, payed my crowns and it wouldn't let me in.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Cunning,

I like your idea of the plants that gives Amber or Turquoise, and while I did read what Professor Greyrose had said about Armor in the areas for Zeus and Poseidon; what schools do these armors belong to? I seen the Hades gear is for Death (unless all schools can use it). I have been in Zafaria, and this is the first mention of Aquila being open on Cyclops Lane.

II am gonna watch this topic, so if either you or Professor Greyrose can help me understand the Zeus and Poseidon Armors, that would be great.

If any other reader knows as well, I am looking to update my equipment (not hitting criticals in lower worlds anymore as often), and if Aquila has better stats than Azteca, I would be willing to trade up (just not sure if I wanna actually finish the gear to try it out)

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
Aquila features many new gear sets at different levels with strong powers. The gears are for a specific level, under a certain Immortal, with unique powers. There is one for each school at levels 30, 70, and 90, each with a new unique design. They focus on more offense, but there are defensive sets to be had. So far there are four new overall sets: the Senators, Zues', Posiedon's, and Hades'. Let's look at Zues' set first.:

Level 30+ Zeus Set
Zeus primarily gives a new Level 30 gear set, one to each school, that focusses on bringing up offensive power and Incoming/Outgoing heals to that one school as well as defesensive powers to opposite schools. So by this I mean, the set would Increase Life offenses, improve healing, and give resistance to Death and Myth. I did manage to get his new Level 30 Death Boots that had good power.

Zeus' Boots of Rancor
+140 Max Health
+4% Pip Chance
+2% Death Accuracy
+2% Death Damage
+6% Incoming Life Heal
+6% Outgoing Life Heal
+7% Life Resist
+8% Myth Resist

That's the gist of this set. You can find more Level 30 Zeus Sets at Deulist101.com. Level 90 Lighting Bolt Staffs that increase a minimul amount of critical have been comfirmed from him.

Level 70+ Poseidon Set
Posiedon gives a new Level 70+ set, one to each school, that bases it's stat set-ups to be similar to the Waterworks set ten levels ago. In short, his gear is an improved set of the Waterworks. He gives one to each school. From what I've seen, the gear drops in some areas to make way for new Pierce stats, accuracy, increased critical or critical block, higher incoming and outgoing heals, and more health. I'm having a hard time finding a gear to use for example for this set. Overall, think Waterworks set with some new stats and draw backs on resist and damage. He drops Trident staffs that improve Incoming and Outgoing healing.

Level 90+ Hades Set
This is so far the most powerful gear to be introduced to the game. Hades' drops two different sets (one offensive, the other defensive), to each set. The offensive Hades set sacrifices all defenses for a large amount of offensive. With the entire offensive set, one can gain high Pierce, and a huge amount of Critical rating. The Hades' Defensive Set is built more off of the Waterworks set. The resist remains unchanged (from the death one I saw), however it increases in health, critical, critical block, pierce, accuracy, in. and out. healing and pip chance. There is one for every school, not just Death. Hades' drops powerful Staffs giving universal critical and huge school specific critical ratings.

Senator's Set
The Senator's set has a Level 30, 70, and 90 version dropped through out all of Aquila. This set focuses primarily on the school, unfortunately no universal powers (with the exception of Ice). With this set comes the Ares' Spears that do give reasonable damage at lower levels and critical at higher levels. At any time, the Senator's Set can be crafted into a stronger version than it's original set.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Cunning,

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
The gear doesn't belong to any school. They just have different attributes. Hade's is expected to give a fire giant card and be like ww gear that pierces and with better stats. Po's is expected to give a storm efreet card. Senator's is kinda like plain balanced gear. Zeus is healing (Recommended by me for all healers).

Explorer
May 06, 2012
now i know why they had all those new pictures in the log in area.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
critical death on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Yea the puzzle is harsh. But since I play chess I didn't have to put up with a huge hard fight :). And I love how you can make drops stronger. Plus if you fight Ares Savage Spear his Sky Iron Hasta is amazing. Here are the stats:
1 power pip at the beginning of a fight
10% global damage boost
Some 90 damage wand hits
Level 30+ Only.
I think the level 30's will love that. For a vampire with that boost only that vampire does 385 damage!
Plus that level 30+ Zeus gear (Not senator's) is great. I love Aquila altogether.
Critical Death
when me and my friend did the puzzle we didnt do anything we sat and watched dont know if it is a glitch or what but the pieces moved on there own

lvl 68 jacobredriver

Survivor
Aug 18, 2011
Today I'm working on Aquila and I now I have to restart the first dungeon cause the quest says solve puzzle and I defeated all the enemies which I did get defeated one time and I defeated one before I died then defeated the other two. I did mark a location then left, went back, didn't work, left again, went back going on the sigel, didn't work. I have no idea what happened but I have to restart the dungeon. I don't want to fight those four enemies again because I had to try again five times and it took so long to beat them. I tried again by marking a location at 6:52 pm I went home, I went back, still didn't work. I'm out of options what to do. I don't want to restart, I don't want to wait the next day. I want to finish the dungeon solo without restarting or asking for help. I want to continue.

Sincerely,

Ethan Shadowthief
Warrior of Winterbane
Level 54 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 15, 2012
The wands in Aquila seem to be relatively nice, but I rarely carry a wand that is of my same school. The wands are school specific and the blasts match your school. I am curious as to the motivation behind making the wands so restrictive.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Isabella DragonRid... on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
The wands in Aquila seem to be relatively nice, but I rarely carry a wand that is of my same school. The wands are school specific and the blasts match your school. I am curious as to the motivation behind making the wands so restrictive.
We are seeing the same problem. My fire can't have a fire wand, that was dropped, equipped because if I choose to cast off say a weakness and already had blades and/or traps in place I would use them up. I am currently questing in the world of weakness DS so I would see the problem often.

I actually prefer on most schools to carry a wand opposite of my school so I can cancel out shields if I didn't get convert out soon enough.

I am under the impression we maybe playing the game wrong since this doesn't seem to be what I do past Wizard City?

Oh well more pet food I guess.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Critical and Cunning,

I earned Poseidon's trident (70 Ice) and have yet to use it. The Sand Squid drops an Immortal Deck (90) that offers a Fire Giant (650 AOE) and some health I think.

Ares Bitter Spear was dropped by one of the Cyclops Elite guarding the Fire God in his chamber, and I have basically been soloing Olympus for stuff.

Have tried to venture into Tartarus a couple of times, but would prefer someone more observant than soloing the last 2 realms of Aquila.

I am guessing that the Senators gear will help us create better gear for our wizards, except I can wear ANY school gear instead of being limited to Ice, if I choose to.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
This new zone is great in my opinion!

I really enjoyed the new NPCs, the theme of the zone, and getting to meet Hermes.

A lot of people seem to be complaining about the gear, which I don't understand. It seems like a lot of level 90 people want better gear... Kind of confusing. If your gear is bad, how did you get to level 90? And isn't level 90 the level cap anyway? What is better gear going to do for you now? lol

I'm only level 85, but I never saw gear as being pivotal. It seemed more cosmetic to me. And I like this new gear I'm seeing! Looks awesome.

Thank you, KI!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Thinking in terms of the future - new players/wizards will get the Aquila quest at level 30. I see this as a prequel to Waterworks in a way. You get great gear (for your level) and it is maybe a little tough (for your level). It's not required to move on - it is optional. Like Waterworks. Maybe the next expansion will be level 80 or 90. But until then, be happy that we got new content.

You know, with so many people complaining that the second arc is so hard, I would think they would appreciate a genuine expansion that doesn't require you to get to Celestia - or past it - in order to participate. But it's all about the cap at level 90, right?

I think it was very smart of KI to do this sort of expansion, if only to give more content in the first arc.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Hambone120 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
so i love aquila but seriously? why do you have to pay to go int he dungeons? or why do you have to be a member? i mean for people who cant get those or for people who only get crowns to lvl up and not to dungeons, then really? all the other famous dungeons like winterbane and pagoda(which i have done many times for both) you dont have to pay, so why should you have to pay to go into the aquila dungeons? its just not fair.
Caleb Hawktalon lvl 26
Those dungeons come from a 40 dollar card. They paid and they chose to invite you. The dungeons count as zones and you have to pay for zones or at least the area the dungeon is in.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
Critical and Cunning,

I earned Poseidon's trident (70 Ice) and have yet to use it. The Sand Squid drops an Immortal Deck (90) that offers a Fire Giant (650 AOE) and some health I think.

Ares Bitter Spear was dropped by one of the Cyclops Elite guarding the Fire God in his chamber, and I have basically been soloing Olympus for stuff.

Have tried to venture into Tartarus a couple of times, but would prefer someone more observant than soloing the last 2 realms of Aquila.

I am guessing that the Senators gear will help us create better gear for our wizards, except I can wear ANY school gear instead of being limited to Ice, if I choose to.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Um...no, sorry, most of the gear in the Aquila is school restricted. There's just a variety of school restricted gear for each school. I'm still a little confused on what you're trying to get at with this post. What's the confusion with the current gear you have? And why does everyone call Ares the fire guy or fire guy, yet just said his name? lol I find that a little funny.

Have you tried your sword and wits against Gladiator Dimachearus? He does drop some interesting Level 90 gear pieces. I'm unsure if he drops Level 90 hats, robes, and gears yet.