Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Dungeon Zone of Aquila

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
I honestly think that the difficulty is not worth the gear. The gear is hardly better than waterworks'. Although there aren't many rewards, it does give a sense of completion for those wizards like myself that like collecting badges and finishing quests. Why did we all do crab alley, Aquila's equivalent, if not for completion?

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
I am guessing that the Senators gear will help us create better gear for our wizards, except I can wear ANY school gear instead of being limited to Ice, if I choose to.

Um...no, sorry, most of the gear in the Aquila is school restricted. There's just a variety of school restricted gear for each school. I'm still a little confused on what you're trying to get at with this post. What's the confusion with the current gear you have? And why does everyone call Ares the fire guy or fire guy, yet just said his name? lol I find that a little funny.

Have you tried your sword and wits against Gladiator Dimachearus? He does drop some interesting Level 90 gear pieces. I'm unsure if he drops Level 90 hats, robes, and gears yet.
Cunning,

I have battled the Gladiator in the Pit of Noxii under Olympus, and had help from two other wizards. I think I got the 90 boots for Ice from him (not sure).

The main reason for my post is I have no idea what is going on with the Aquila gear. And to be completely honest, ever since Waterworks and the Morganthe Arc came into the game, I have been in dire need of help since the middle of Celestia.

Just to survive at times, I have tried to find gear that had strong critical offense/defense as well as strong health and mana. In many instances I was lucky enough to find friends entering an area I needed help with, and have managed to complete most of the second arc.

As to the fire guy, I have a rotten time spelling the name of the guy behind the two elite cyclops guarding the forge.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Okay here is my self conclusion about Aquila (I might have errors):
The first dungeon prepares wizards for greater challenges. To my balance, he would rather go through jade oni seven times than solo Mt. Olympus. But the gear is amazing (Using only Aquila gear, a storm can get 41% attack boost assuming he's a level 30 and has the right gear.). But if you are a level 30, I have noticed that soloing Mt. Olympus is very difficult. In solo, Apollo is very hard. With a blade and a trap, he hits hard with his natural attack. Plus it lowers your accuracy! My life needed a 48 fire for assistance. But we still didn't make it. But thanks Gabriel Dragontamer (It was Gabriel Dragon something, I forget.)! However Apollo was kind enough to give me 2 spears in one fight (Thanks!). I think for the dungeon you need a death/life/balance/ice and a storm/fire/myth duo if you're going to duo. Those first types can heal or absorb damage (Balance can also boost attacks). Those second types can dish out a ton of damage.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Fishburt700 on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Aquila is awesome, and I love that there is a new side world, I just wish we could go there through a spiral door. We know Aquila is a world, because we were there in pirate 101, so why can't we just have a spiral key there. Also, I was wondering if Aquila was supposed to be a place to get a lot of XP (like Wintertusk and Wysteria), or a place where you can get great gear (Like Waterworks and Grizzlehiem part 1) . (Judging by the power in the drops I got that lvl. 30s can use I think it might be the ladder). I love the new areas that us wizards are now allowed to walk in, and the immortal games is such a good idea.
Well if you farm (And you're a level 30) you can gain a ton of XP and great gear. My balance didn't get any of his school drops though . But my other wizards will have hand me downs.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Professor Greyrose on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Aquila is a new Dungeon Zone in Wizard City. It is home to the Immortal Games, an epic challenge hosted by the magical Immortals. The Games will push a Wizard to the limits, and are an excellent test of determination, wit, and fortitude.

If you are level 30 or higher, speak to Cyrus Drake in the Myth School room of Ravenwood for a special assignment; "Quest for Glory". Aquila contains challenging dungeons for levels 30+, 70+ and 90+.

Much like Crab Alley is an extension of Triton Avenue, Aquila is an extension of Cyclops Lane. You will not access Aquila through the Spiral door, but must use the chariot in Cyclops Lane. There is no level cap increase with this update.

Members will have access to these dungeons as part of their Membership benefit.

Crowns players can choose to rent a single dungeon for six hours, or purchase that single dungeon and own it forever on that account.

The prices for each of the Dungeons are as follows:

The six hour zone rental is priced at 645 Crowns per Dungeon. Renting these Dungeon Zones will allow most players enough time to experience the story of the dungeon at least once and get at a shot at the crowning rewards.

Mount Olympus for level 30+ Wizards has been priced at 2495 Crowns.This Dungeon is a particularly difficult challenge with equally amazing rewards, including Zeus' armor set which includes bonuses to healing and reduced damage for each school. Mount Olympus also contains a quest for a secret boss for level 90 Wizards to challenge.

Atlantea for level 70+ Wizards has been priced at 3245 Crowns. This dungeon won’t be a walk in the park but the Poseidon’s gear you have a chance at obtaining will be worth the fight. If you liked your Waterworks gear, you’re going to love Poseidon’s gear. Like Mount Olympus, Atlantea also contains a quest for a bonus boss encounter for level 90 Wizards.

Tartarus for level 90 Wizards has been priced at 3995 Crowns. This is the ultimate challenge, with equally ultimate rewards including the Hades’ set which is for only the strongest Wizards to discover. You will have to work very hard for this amazing gear that is some of the best you will see in the Spiral. On top of that, there are also rare Exalted Amulets in this dungeon that will make you put your Mastery Amulets in the Shared Bank!
Can't wait to do those dungeons!

~ Bladed shadow ~

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Aquila sounds epic, and probably has epic gear. But I think there's too much, " only," gear. Am I wrong?

Historian
May 06, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Cunning,

I have battled the Gladiator in the Pit of Noxii under Olympus, and had help from two other wizards. I think I got the 90 boots for Ice from him (not sure).

The main reason for my post is I have no idea what is going on with the Aquila gear. And to be completely honest, ever since Waterworks and the Morganthe Arc came into the game, I have been in dire need of help since the middle of Celestia.

Just to survive at times, I have tried to find gear that had strong critical offense/defense as well as strong health and mana. In many instances I was lucky enough to find friends entering an area I needed help with, and have managed to complete most of the second arc.

As to the fire guy, I have a rotten time spelling the name of the guy behind the two elite cyclops guarding the forge.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Oh, I see now. Ok, the deal with Aquilan gear is that much of the new gear is focused toward offensive play to say the least. Lot's of level 70 and 90 gear sets give amazingly high critical rating and lots of pierce. Almost every new item has those stats, as well as high resist to at least two schools, incoming and outgoing healing, and fair damage. If you're looking for top of the line, helpful gear from Aquila, I'd strongly recommend Gladiator Dimachearus in Mount Olympus, Atlantea, and Tartarus.
Dimachearus drops a new ring, so I've heard, and level 90 gear (so you don't have to go all the way to Tartarus, if you're not looking for Exalted Amulets and some of Hades' gear that is..)

In Atlantea, there is a Level 70+ gear set from Poseidon that is something of an upgraded Waterworks set. It gives fair health, large critical and block, meager resist, pip chance, accuracy, pierce, and incoming/outgoing heals, It's a more offensive styled waterworks but something a little stronger to say the least. It's pretty "balanced" in some ways. When I say "balanced", many of the Poseidon Level 70+ gear I saw from him, dropped in a few areas compared to the Waterworks gear. It's not horrible though.

Tartarus has some of the best rewards I've seen though. It's been confirmed that Hades drops 2 sets. One offensive one and one defensive set. The offensive one gives a mega amount of critical and pierce, but resist is at the very minimum. The second set is a more "defensive" set. Basically, this gear is a true upgraded Waterworks set for Level 90s. A few stats like pierce and accuracy were added, and many, but not all, of the other current areas went up (including critical and block). From what I recall, this defensive Level 90 set can be dropped all in Aquila, most have found it in Tartarus from Hades. I am unsure if the Level 90 side bosses are capable of dropping them.

If you're not into trying out the challenge of this area, many have stated a mix of Avalon and Azteca crafted gear (I use the full Avalon crafted gear) can really help you out in the challenges and give you a well rounded, defensive/offensive stat set up. If all else fails, I'd say this is worth putting in the effort.

Oh! You mean Hepheastus Copperflame, the Immortal of Crafting, Smithing, Metal, Volcanoes, Flames, and Fire.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
I love the world of Aquila the problem I really don't like I that they should start the zone at level 30 and every 10 levels they unlock a certain part. if they do this I will love Aquila even more

Cameron SkullWeaver

Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
You should really consider having another dungeon for wizards 50 plus. You have one for 30 plus and the next one isn't until level 70 that's a huge gap and for me I have two wizards level 56 and 62 and all I ever get is level 30 gear which isn't near as good as what I already have. I have only done it two times, is there a chance for better gear if I keep trying?

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Well this is embarrassing... for some reason Atlantea is not lit up for me. After I defeated Zeus Sky Father in Mount Olympus and recieved my 'Honorable Bronze Archon' Badge, I talked to Vesper and Silenus in Garden of Hesperides, but now there is no quest - nothing. Can anyone offer help?

Thanks!

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I am doing Aquila solo with my henchmen, I am lvl 90 fire, I've done good upto Cerberus, I've have tried all kinds of ways with my henchmen but have not been able to defeat rhis three head dog. Can anyone help me on how to beat lvl. thanks hammer77817186

Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
holibeck on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Well this is embarrassing... for some reason Atlantea is not lit up for me. After I defeated Zeus Sky Father in Mount Olympus and recieved my 'Honorable Bronze Archon' Badge, I talked to Vesper and Silenus in Garden of Hesperides, but now there is no quest - nothing. Can anyone offer help?

Thanks!
I am pretty sure you have to go back and talk to Cyrus Drake back at the Myth school, but Im not 100% sure on that.

Survivor
May 19, 2012

Thanks!
What level are you?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Thanks!
Have you gone back to Drake for the lvl 70 dungeon.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:

Oh, I see now. Ok, the deal with Aquilan gear is that much of the new gear is focused toward offensive play to say the least. Lot's of level 70 and 90 gear sets give amazingly high critical rating and lots of pierce. Almost every new item has those stats, as well as high resist to at least two schools, incoming and outgoing healing, and fair damage. If you're looking for top of the line, helpful gear from Aquila, I'd strongly recommend Gladiator Dimachearus in Mount Olympus, Atlantea, and Tartarus.
Dimachearus drops a new ring, so I've heard, and level 90 gear (so you don't have to go all the way to Tartarus, if you're not looking for Exalted Amulets and some of Hades' gear that is..)

In Atlantea, there is a Level 70+ gear set from Poseidon that is something of an upgraded Waterworks set. It gives fair health, large critical and block, meager resist, pip chance, accuracy, pierce, and incoming/outgoing heals, It's a more offensive styled waterworks but something a little stronger to say the least. It's pretty "balanced" in some ways. When I say "balanced", many of the Poseidon Level 70+ gear I saw from him, dropped in a few areas compared to the Waterworks gear. It's not horrible though.

Tartarus has some of the best rewards I've seen though. It's been confirmed that Hades drops 2 sets. One offensive one and one defensive set. The offensive one gives a mega amount of critical and pierce, but resist is at the very minimum. The second set is a more "defensive" set. Basically, this gear is a true upgraded Waterworks set for Level 90s. A few stats like pierce and accuracy were added, and many, but not all, of the other current areas went up (including critical and block). From what I recall, this defensive Level 90 set can be dropped all in Aquila, most have found it in Tartarus from Hades. I am unsure if the Level 90 side bosses are capable of dropping them.

If you're not into trying out the challenge of this area, many have stated a mix of Avalon and Azteca crafted gear (I use the full Avalon crafted gear) can really help you out in the challenges and give you a well rounded, defensive/offensive stat set up. If all else fails, I'd say this is worth putting in the effort.

Oh! You mean Hepheastus Copperflame, the Immortal of Crafting, Smithing, Metal, Volcanoes, Flames, and Fire.
Thanks Cunning,

The ring is called The Alpha and Omega Ring (Univ. L90), I forget the Health and Mana stats, but there is a 14% pip rate with it.

Besides this ring, and the Immortal Deck acquired from the Kraken in the Poseidon Adventure; I have Zeus' Hailstorm wand that is so awesome, that I sometimes want the baddies to spam shields. I only have 4 or 5, but it is like oohs and aahs around fireworks time.

I only have one item Zeus' Veil of Winter (30), and compared to my Horned Helmet, I am still soloing Olympus to find the 90 gear.

I am thinking that I should have my gear focused more offensively, but with looking to change at L90, it was kinda hard to switch from my Ice Ring that had high stats on heath and mana with 13% pips, but I decided to put my old ring in my bank. I have been having an easier time gathering wands from Poseidon with all the maddening areas (70 and 90), that I am wondering when I will actually get any of the gear from Zeus near my level.

And for all the wands that I have gathered that are marked Ares, I have noticed that the Zeus and Poseidon wands have greater value. I have asked this before, but half of the gear that Khalkos offers, isn't available, and was wondering if sometime down the road, KI will add more into Aquila, or if the three areas of the brothers is it. And even though I haven't gotten into it, the idea of fighting all three of Cronus' boys sounds like fun, until we actually get there.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Historian
May 06, 2009
captkirk6850 on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
You should really consider having another dungeon for wizards 50 plus. You have one for 30 plus and the next one isn't until level 70 that's a huge gap and for me I have two wizards level 56 and 62 and all I ever get is level 30 gear which isn't near as good as what I already have. I have only done it two times, is there a chance for better gear if I keep trying?
Aquila's Level 30 dungeon only includes gear around the level 30-45 area. I have not seen at Level 50 sets available from here. You should try out the ones currenty in the game for Levels 50+ and 60+. The next dungeon after Level 30 is not at Level 70 but for Level 50.

Briskbreeze Tower in Colosus Boulevard is a challenging dungeon for Level 50+, though currently a powerful gear set from this area has not been confirmed. I think they should consider adding one to this Tower, bring it out of the dark and into the light of popularity like some other dungeons.

Waterworks, Spiral Geographic Warehouse, and Tower of the Helephant are all for Level 60's, each with interesting pieces of gear.

Aquila was designed for levels that were not or were past these areas. I rather like this as there are already plenty of side dungeons for 50-60's. I would like it if they gave level 80's a dungeon, but this is fair enough for me.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks!
I can only assume you are not level 70 yet. The 2nd level in this are is for level 70+. Then nothing until level 90

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Aquila is a new Dungeon Zone in Wizard City. It is home to the Immortal Games, an epic challenge hosted by the magical Immortals. The Games will push a Wizard to the limits, and are an excellent test of determination, wit, and fortitude.

If you are level 30 or higher, speak to Cyrus Drake in the Myth School room of Ravenwood for a special assignment; "Quest for Glory". Aquila contains challenging dungeons for levels 30+, 70+ and 90+.

Much like Crab Alley is an extension of Triton Avenue, Aquila is an extension of Cyclops Lane. You will not access Aquila through the Spiral door, but must use the chariot in Cyclops Lane. There is no level cap increase with this update.

Members will have access to these dungeons as part of their Membership benefit.

Crowns players can choose to rent a single dungeon for six hours, or purchase that single dungeon and own it forever on that account.

The prices for each of the Dungeons are as follows:

The six hour zone rental is priced at 645 Crowns per Dungeon. Renting these Dungeon Zones will allow most players enough time to experience the story of the dungeon at least once and get at a shot at the crowning rewards.

Mount Olympus for level 30+ Wizards has been priced at 2495 Crowns.This Dungeon is a particularly difficult challenge with equally amazing rewards, including Zeus' armor set which includes bonuses to healing and reduced damage for each school. Mount Olympus also contains a quest for a secret boss for level 90 Wizards to challenge.

Atlantea for level 70+ Wizards has been priced at 3245 Crowns. This dungeon won’t be a walk in the park but the Poseidon’s gear you have a chance at obtaining will be worth the fight. If you liked your Waterworks gear, you’re going to love Poseidon’s gear. Like Mount Olympus, Atlantea also contains a quest for a bonus boss encounter for level 90 Wizards.

Tartarus for level 90 Wizards has been priced at 3995 Crowns. This is the ultimate challenge, with equally ultimate rewards including the Hades’ set which is for only the strongest Wizards to discover. You will have to work very hard for this amazing gear that is some of the best you will see in the Spiral. On top of that, there are also rare Exalted Amulets in this dungeon that will make you put your Mastery Amulets in the Shared Bank!
i gotta say kingsisle did a great job for aquila love the world thank you is there gonna be level 100 by chance?

Survivor
May 14, 2009
I want to know what that Two Headed Dragon Guarding a door is.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
I'm level 29 on my low level and he is almost to 30 so I'm so excited about Aquila!

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
i want to say that level 30 wizards should not be able to do it. i am level 34 and i say it be level 40

Historian
May 06, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Thanks Cunning,

The ring is called The Alpha and Omega Ring (Univ. L90), I forget the Health and Mana stats, but there is a 14% pip rate with it.

Besides this ring, and the Immortal Deck acquired from the Kraken in the Poseidon Adventure; I have Zeus' Hailstorm wand that is so awesome, that I sometimes want the baddies to spam shields. I only have 4 or 5, but it is like oohs and aahs around fireworks time.

I only have one item Zeus' Veil of Winter (30), and compared to my Horned Helmet, I am still soloing Olympus to find the 90 gear.

I am thinking that I should have my gear focused more offensively, but with looking to change at L90, it was kinda hard to switch from my Ice Ring that had high stats on heath and mana with 13% pips, but I decided to put my old ring in my bank. I have been having an easier time gathering wands from Poseidon with all the maddening areas (70 and 90), that I am wondering when I will actually get any of the gear from Zeus near my level.

And for all the wands that I have gathered that are marked Ares, I have noticed that the Zeus and Poseidon wands have greater value. I have asked this before, but half of the gear that Khalkos offers, isn't available, and was wondering if sometime down the road, KI will add more into Aquila, or if the three areas of the brothers is it. And even though I haven't gotten into it, the idea of fighting all three of Cronus' boys sounds like fun, until we actually get there.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
You've got the right idea, but you're looking in the wrong area in terms of gear. Zeus drops Level 30 gear only/primarily. You will not find of Level 90 version of Zeus' gear in Mount Olympus. If you're looking for Level 90 gear, Hades' gear in Tartarus is that Level 90 gear. It is the sort of upgraded version from Zeus' and Posiedon's gear sets. You will have to go there for your Level 90 set.

Khalkos' gear requires you to have the dropped version (Senator's Set) before crafting the gear. The crafting recipe then empowers the Senator's Set to a Adept, Artisan's orTransedent crafted version. It's deffinitely more offensively built, but it's defense is not to very one's liking.

I do hope KI will add on to Aquila as time goes by, but for now, I'm pleased with what's here.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Zachary Redblood on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
I want to know what that Two Headed Dragon Guarding a door is.
Ooh! I did Cyrus Drake's homework for this one!

That Two-Headed Dragon is Ladon the Never Sleeping who gaurds Hera's Orchird of the Golden Apples behind those great doors. He is a pet of Hera, Immortal of Marriage. When Eris stole in apple from the Orchird and used it to trick Paris the Firebrand in Troy, which lead to the Trojan War with Nova Aquila and Sparta in Pirate101 and eventually Troy's defeat (historically speaking), Hera put the never sleeping dragon, Ladon, in place to forever watch over her apples so no one would ever steal them again.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Bailey Lionshade on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
What level are you?
I am a level 90 and yes, I needed to go talk to Cyrus Drake. Thank You everyone for the help! I now can defeat Poseidon in Atlantea.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
New and challenging dungeons and zones are fun if you can play them by yourself, but I'm as far as I can get on my own. It's rare that any of my friends are on when I'm playing and since I don't know many of them personally, it's not like I can call and set up a time. It's especially frustrating in a dungeon like Aquila when you've battled yourself almost to the top and then you've fought Ares about 20 times (literally) and still can't defeat him. If you give up you have to start the whole thing over. And it's lots of fun the first several tries but after you've gone so far and had to start over so many times it's just frustrating and stops being enjoyable. I do love this game. I guess maybe I'll just use a lower level Wizard for awhile. Thanks for listening!