Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Requirement for Worlds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
3
Its not really nessisarry for lower leveled wizards to jump worls to cheat to get lvl ups! its not right they should play the game fully.

Defender
May 29, 2009
109
WC:lvls1-14
KT:lvls15-24
MB:lvls25-34
MS:lvls35-44
DS:lvls45-50

Just so you have the right spells

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
46
i really dont want one cuz with a wizard i doing right now i trying to do everything at the lowest lvl. i just finished mb at lvl 28. plz dont set one bye

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
69
You dont need requirments because JUST SO YOU PEOPLE KNOW!!! YOU CAN SET YOUR OPTIONS SO PEOPLE CANT TELEPORT TO YOU. Just go to privacy options and click the no so people cant teleport to you. This is helpful in dungeons were you dont want some random noob porting to you. Unless it is a boss battle in a room. Then they can take damage and die like little noobs do! 8) Just like the minions for Storm, Fire, Life and Balance

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
43
not really because you cant go to a place in the spiral
unless you unlock it
like you cant go to ds acadamy if you havent unlocked ds


Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
87
there really should be a level requirement cause if you try to defeat bosses you probably wont be strong enough and it will stress you out. plus other people (like me) will be annoyed by all the noobs in worlds like marleybone and mooshu and dragonsprye. so yea.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
20
Progenitor wrote:
I'd love to see a sign next to the entrance of each zone, that contains a warning stating the appropriate level that a wizard should be to venture forth.

That way, if you want, you can press X to read the sign or just skip it and run blindly into danger.

But it would be nice to know if you are just too low level for the zone or just need to reorg your deck.

The only problem is that some schools might have different thoughts on what is a good level. A Life wizard might have more difficulty than a Storm wizard or vice versa .

-p



lolz!!! sorry but i am a life wizard. at level 16 when i got my tower shield and spirit armor i started getting calls from higher level players for healing...i had a support deck packed full of heals and shields that i just then equipped then ported in. granted, i died a few times..but then all i had to do to keep in the fight was flee drink a potion then port back in and keep fighting. true i could not have taken that boss or that mob of high level monsters in the street fight, but i was there for support. and so all i had to do was shield and heal. i didn't attract too much attention with small heals...such as stacking heal sprites on someone and using unicorn and fairy. now sometimes a lower level myth or storm will port in. i tell them to stick around and bust tower shields with their low powered attacks. and as soon as the fight is over they run to safety. i drink a potion if i need one, and i continue. they stay on my buddy list if they are brave and stick around, offering what help they can. and they learn better strategy on how to deal with a situation when they are under powered. i was able to, at about level 30 or so take on 2 street monsters. the lowest level of them, in ds. an ice spider and a death ( undead wizard. solo. yes i was extremly under powered. i used no treasure cards except for a few keen eyes for accuracy. and i made sure to pack at least 3 reshuffles. i fought smart...not strong. i did it just to see if there was a way. and it worked. but when i was very low level, one mistake would cost me the battle. one dumb move. i loved the challenge. and now i am a grand master lifer.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
20
RoloX2 wrote:
echolette wrote:
I voted yes, I do not like seeing low level players running around with a title "Savior of the Spiral". To me, they are just leechers and cheaters. I strongly feel there should be a level cap and main quest line requirement to advance to other worlds to cut back on leechers/cheaters/power-levelers being helped or having it easy way out.

Again, what does that matter to you? Why should they be prohibited from playing the game differently? Their experience isn't infringing on anyone else's gameplay experience; if it were, then I would agree and that would be the issue, but it isn't the case here.

All I am hearing is "I had to work to get here and so should you!!!"


leechers and cheaters huh??? tell that to the many high level wizards whom i helped reach their grand master status when i was much lower than them by porting in at their request as a healer! i think they would disagree that i didn't earn the right to be there. and learning how to use the option to turn off your friend port will put a stop to your problem. also there is this little option of deleting someone who interferes with your game play.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
20
Blazian wrote:
RoloX2 wrote:
echolette wrote:
I voted yes, I do not like seeing low level players running around with a title "Savior of the Spiral". To me, they are just leechers and cheaters. I strongly feel there should be a level cap and main quest line requirement to advance to other worlds to cut back on leechers/cheaters/power-levelers being helped or having it easy way out.

Again, what does that matter to you? Why should they be prohibited from playing the game differently? Their experience isn't infringing on anyone else's gameplay experience; if it were, then I would agree and that would be the issue, but it isn't the case here.

All I am hearing is "I had to work to get here and so should you!!!"


You're right, the fact that low level players get high level achievements is one of the main arguments for this. I agree totally with a level cap, especially after I saw an Oni Slayer with 800 health. It just really takes away from the prestige of having it if all the low levels have it too.



prestige??? how snobbish is that statement??? seriously is that the only reason you play this game??? i have no need for status symbols. or for people to think anything of me at all. if it gives some low level player a thrill to wear a cool badge, so what? why do you care?

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
20
echolette wrote:
RoloX2 wrote:

Again, what does that matter to you? Why should they be prohibited from playing the game differently? Their experience isn't infringing on anyone else's gameplay experience; if it were, then I would agree and that would be the issue, but it isn't the case here.

All I am hearing is "I had to work to get here and so should you!!!"

Why does it even matter to you that it bothers players like me? Unless you are one of those players that had the easy way out, then naturally you would object to it. If players can cheat and have it easy, then it would defeat the purpose of having quests and main questlines to get to other worlds, what is the point really? Why even bother? It is infringing to me and other players that feel the same way as I do. I am simply saying in simplified terms- They should work their way up to grandmasters fairly, no other way, period. And that means not being allowed to cheat by going to ther worlds that they are not level-ready for or main questline ready for and cheat.


no i honestly don't care if your pride is hurt because someone else is having fun. why do you care what badge is over someone else's head? for a long time i refused to wear badges because people act silly over them. its a game.

and no i did not take an easy way through! my way was a bit harder in fact because people kept calling me away from my own quests to heal them, so it took longer to reach grand master than it normally wood. i do not regret doing it because i liked the challenge of porting in just in time and struggling to heal them and keep them alive when i was badly underpowered. it was a major rush. i even died a few times rescuing people in ds when i was still in krock!

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
50
littlebelle wrote:
I find this so frustrating especially with the kids with no chat. You can not tell them they should not be here. I had a few I made friends that follow me into battle in mooshu. Would 900 points be good enough no way.

In big ben fight we had to carry a kid who had 800 points. I would not like the levels to be too hard to get too. But no wizard that has not even finish Kroktopia should be able to get into Mooshu.

This never bothered me before. With chat people I can express my displeasure. With No chat all I can do is delete them. Which I think is much more cruel than telling them to stop following me and you should not even be here.

But if we have a chat button that said you should not be here go back home then I would see no need for minimal requirements.

Or maybe you could go to Mooshu but you would only get experience points for the level you are at. There is no way you could beat any of those monsters with 800 points. So If the prize is a robe the robe that player gets is the same value as they would get in Colossus.

So they would gain nothing for jumping up so high, but if they truly wanted to help a friend they could too.
No need to be so rude. The lower level "No Chats" Dont know any better. Tell them using Menu Chat that they need to leave. It's as easy as that! Trust me, it works. 8)

Defender
May 09, 2009
161
KI is taking a poll from everyone but guess what its us higher levels that are complaining about noobs messing up our battles. it should be a in game vote for people that are levels 45 and over.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
conorjak7 wrote:
KI is taking a poll from everyone but guess what its us higher levels that are complaining about noobs messing up our battles. it should be a in game vote for people that are levels 45 and over.


A valid point.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
87
i think that level requirment's is a terrible idea

1.not be able to go somwhere at a low level is like calling them weak

2.you might be level 25 and you can't go to marley bone until your 30 that would stink

so you see level requirments is a bad idea.but some people don't like low level people being in high level worlds well ki will simpley let people only visit worlds they have acces to.

sorry i might have spelled requiremnt wrong

coyleghosthammer level 45 master necromancer
ericcrowhunt level 18 journymen sorcecer(sorry if i spelled sorcecer wrong)
taylorgoldenshield level 12 initiate diviner

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
124
I think there should because my sister and cousin are always going to different worlds by teleporting to thier friends. It kinda defeats the porpose of leveling and discovering the new worlds. Its not fun if you dont acomplish anything!

How do you put a poll on your post?

Abigail Spiritrider

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
13
i dont think there should be a lvl requirement cause what if you ask a lower lvl to help you such as a life to heal you cause you gonna die and your higher lvl life friends are busy and plus lower lvl players have the right to port but still there should be a warning though where the higher lvl wizard is at and who they are fighting so they know not to port or to port or they just turn off port cause i am a grand diviner and i still ask help from lower lvl in there 30 to help me when my master friends or grand masters are busy and they are really helpful too you just gotta tell them what not to do and what to do.even if you guys dont agree this is just my opinion.

isaac stormcloud
grand diviner

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
12
BarneyL wrote:
I disagree completely.
It's hard enough to get people to help you out through the instances in Marleybone as it is. Limiting the people who can help even further is just going to make the game less fun.
It would be nice if people teleporting in didn't immediately join combat though.


The biggest problem we face is people from other low level wizard, heck even high level wizard get caught and pull in a new enemy then they flee. DO YOU KNOW HOW ANNOYING THAT IS? AND HOW MUCH TIME IT WASTE. AND HOW MAD IT MAKES ME?

What we need is to have a way to penalize people that flee for longer time. Like 5- 10 minutes. I mean once you get to Celestia, its very difficult to kill 3 enemy solo. The game is set up for 2 to be a hard fight, and I like that. What i don't like is someone getting caught and then fleeing or escaping or leaving me to fight there enemy for them. I want to cuss every time that happens, and I want to report them and I want them to have to Sit out for 10 MIN. That would stop a bunch of that!!!
They dont even have to lose mana if they flee in the sneaky way now. so they dont have to wait out any time , and I am left to fight there enemy. I can tell you adding a 3rd enemy usually ends in Death, then time out to recapture Red whisp.

Come we need a way to Penalize them for putting the Hard ship on other Wizards.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
227
Maybe they can make it so that the lower lvl people just couldn't do as much? such as go in the dungeons. I am saying this because this persons friend, a lvl 5 ported in a battle in the labyrinth and brought in another monster and then fled because they couldn't fight with them. I do have some of my friends take me to the ms dungeon crimson fields because it gives good xp and helps my lower wizards get a good start so they dont die to quickly... anyway im not sure if i want restrictions or not so i guess i would be happy with either.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
34
no because what if you complete an area early and it say you can go on to the next world but there is a lvl requirement and you aren,t that lvl it would a big rip off
chase swift hand
lvl 39 pyromancer

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
275
In my opinion no. And again in opinion i am glad that more people voted No. I am not trying to be rude but i dont think it is right to hold people back from their unlimited lives. If any of you have ever heard of Mae Jemison the brave women who never gave up on her dreams. She said and this is all her "Don't be limited by others limited imaginations" And this is true. Don't let anybody hold you back.

Defender
May 27, 2010
160
i would just prefer a lvl lock requirement on celestia its annoying when low lvl people like say lvl 20's get in over their heads, and because some go in and cause mischieve(idk how to spell this word) like a lvl 5 or so joins in a battle with a grand who is just about to finish and is low on health then the third mob begins to pound away at him and then he has to repeat the whole thing over again

Defender
May 27, 2010
160
i would just prefer a lvl lock requirement on celestia its annoying when low lvl people like say lvl 20's get in over their heads, and because some go in and cause mischieve(idk how to spell this word) like a lvl 5 or so joins in a battle with a grand who is just about to finish and is low on health then the third mob begins to pound away at him and then he has to repeat the whole thing over again

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Dannysonic2 wrote:
No, because I tend to go to the world underleveled.
Like im level 23 in marleybone.


Get out of Marylebone until your 28. my advce

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
200
No, there shouldn't be a level requirement. I don't like that idea. You can just turn your ports off, but NO level requirement for worlds. What if someone needed help?

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
20
Aessa422 wrote:
Well if staff make a wizard for each school and ONLY go through the main storyline they could see the BARE MINIMUM for a world. Maybe for each school or ( preferablly) Find the lowest overall and use that for a base.


that would make the lowest level for ds level 38. just thought i'd put that out there.