Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Requirement for Worlds

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 24, 2012
192
Tyler Legendfriend on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
Ok i got a solution.All wizards that are lvl 45+ should be able to port to higher worlds.It seems fair right?

~von
I dont support this idea because it still would make it difficult for anyone under level 45 to assist anyone in higher levels of the game.
Even though some donot understand it even a level 1 can be of assistance by being canon fodder. So even the lowest of levels can be of use when needed. There should never be a level block in a world. I have read more posts on this thread and i think that who ever it was that brought up about using the pop up before someone ports would be the only fair option, But that still wouldnt fix the fact that there will always be people that just want to cause trouble for others and will continue to do so. So there is no way to fix what most are complaining about.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
"Even though some donot understand it even a level 1 can be of assistance by being canon fodder. "

yeeaaaa.... no. That is demeaning to other gamers and pretty sad if you do this with real life friends or family. I know some people like to use others as free henchmen and in battle portal points. I would never treat my friends or family, never mind strangers this way. Learn to play the game properly. When I was lower level occasional goofs would ask me to port in just to find they want me to be their stooge because they just can't play the game. I could easily recognize that they did not have battle skills approriate for their level.


Defender
Feb 27, 2009
137
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
This is true and is also one reason i usually defend against the level lock options, Because i use more than one account occasionally and my family help me and vice versa. So in a sense the problem lies within the people that port in and are being rude by fleeing or being inexperienced by ruining a strategy. But i stand by my opinion that level has nothing to do with it.
I also like this opinion to. I go to Azteca to get some good money and gold so I can afford the best gear there is for me at that lvl. I'm a lvl 37 storm with good accuracy, fizzles one or two in a battle, has around 1,580 health and good resist. I also have a crafted robe on which was in the Bazaar and it was my school clothing so I decided to get it before someone else took it. You know how it feels where you found the best item to buy at the Bazaar then poof, the last one gone away! NO!
P. S You can say Notch now which means you can say the Minecraft's Creators Name clearly now! WOOT!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
RottenHeart on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
"Even though some donot understand it even a level 1 can be of assistance by being canon fodder. "

yeeaaaa.... no. That is demeaning to other gamers and pretty sad if you do this with real life friends or family. I know some people like to use others as free henchmen and in battle portal points. I would never treat my friends or family, never mind strangers this way. Learn to play the game properly. When I was lower level occasional goofs would ask me to port in just to find they want me to be their stooge because they just can't play the game. I could easily recognize that they did not have battle skills approriate for their level.

Sorry rotten i disagree with you. I use myself as cannon fodder for friends and family all the time, Thats one reason its nice that theres no xp debt in this game. Just because you dont do this doesnt mean no one does.
And seeing how its not breaking any rules then its just a matter of preference. You dont like it but others might so it doesnt make it wrong.

Fireproof i agree with your statement.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
6
octagig on Aug 25, 2008 wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to place level requirements on the worlds, reasonable levels that a person would be at when they reach a new world. Lately I am seeing more and more people taking lower level friends through high level worlds to get them to level up faster.

It just seems like it takes away from the game and isn't really fair to those of us who actually worked to get to where we are. It would also cut back on the number of noobs who teleport in, add an enemy, then leave because it is too overwhelming for them.

Results

Should there be level requirements for worlds?
Yes 47%
No 53%
I dont see the problem with any levels being in any world.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2012
97
LadyMercury wrote:
I have removed several people from my list for this very reason. I could not even finish a battle without having players randomly teleport to me just to get into Mooshu. I was shocked the first time I teleported to a friend that was in a world I hadn't earned access to yet. I can't count the number of players that aren't even bothering with finishiing wizard city and krokotopia. It's frustrating and annoying at times. Not meaning to, but they have caused me to mess up and even die.
I think if you haven't EARNED the access to a world you shouldn't be able to teleport there. Much less get the quests available and work them. What's the point in building up to the final quest that gains you access to the next world? And yes, sometimes lower level friends might not be able to teleport to you if your in a world they don't have access to, but then that would encourage more teamwork in helping them get there! It really is out of hand and affects the enjoyment of the game.
I so agree with LadyMercury on this.

I get it that players want to be able to play with their friends who are not at the same level as they are. I have a couple of real friends I know outside the game that play here. One of them is a much lower level that me and my other friend. If we are not involved in one of the higher level dungeons, we go to help my friend that is a lower level so they can progress more. Yes it is serious overkill being a much higher level in one of the lower level worlds, but we still have a blast hanging out and playing together. Sometimes, I will put on lower level clothing and have a different deck I use for when I go to the lower level worlds.

Only once did my friend who has the lower level than me teleport to me when I was in a higher level world. I was in battle and almost died trying to keep her alive and myself. At the time she didn't know she could and neither did I. She hasn't done it since. But others that I friend because I have helped them, have teleported to me, get quickly removed from my friends list. This hasn't been much of a problem for me recently because I have a very small list of friends now and those friends know to ask me if they can teleport to me. But I still do see others lower level players on higher level worlds running around. If I see that it is going to be a problem and frustrate me with dealing with them, I will move to a different realm.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
fireproof1111 on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
I dont support this idea because it still would make it difficult for anyone under level 45 to assist anyone in higher levels of the game.
Even though some donot understand it even a level 1 can be of assistance by being canon fodder. So even the lowest of levels can be of use when needed. There should never be a level block in a world. I have read more posts on this thread and i think that who ever it was that brought up about using the pop up before someone ports would be the only fair option, But that still wouldnt fix the fact that there will always be people that just want to cause trouble for others and will continue to do so. So there is no way to fix what most are complaining about.
Ok, I will gladly admit I am completely off-base and thoroughly wrong.

But first... I will conduct an experiment!

RottenHeart's Experiment #1:
Underleved Wizard in Higher Level Worlds:

1. I will port my daughter's level 15 balance into Celestia
- menu chat only
- 1st gen adult brave hound pet w/spritely
- Best gear available in bazaar. No crown gear.

2. I will randomly jump into 25 battles.
- Switching realms before each battle (to ensure randomness).
- I will battle to the best of my abilities.

3. I will monitor each battle from a distance with my high leveled wizard.
- This will allow me to listen to what is being said between other players.
- If possible I will gift a bundle pack to every wizard that I upset.

4. I will keep track of wins/losses and outraged comments from others.

5. If I survive 50% of the battles I will advance to Zafaria, then Avalon, and finally Azteca.

6. I will report back my results.

RottenHeart's Experiment #2:
Underleved Wizard Asking To Help Others

1. I will port my level 16 ice wizard into Avalon common area.
- full menu chat
- best gear available in bazaar, stitched to awsome stuff.

2. I will run around asking if anybody wants help.

3. I will keep track of how many wizards accept my help for 2 hours.

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
146
I will disagree. The lower level the character the better drops they receive at those locations. Also it shows them what it is like when going to that place. Learning experience

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
192
RottenHeart on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
Ok, I will gladly admit I am completely off-base and thoroughly wrong.

But first... I will conduct an experiment!

RottenHeart's Experiment #1:
Underleved Wizard in Higher Level Worlds:

1. I will port my daughter's level 15 balance into Celestia
- menu chat only
- 1st gen adult brave hound pet w/spritely
- Best gear available in bazaar. No crown gear.

2. I will randomly jump into 25 battles.
- Switching realms before each battle (to ensure randomness).
- I will battle to the best of my abilities.

3. I will monitor each battle from a distance with my high leveled wizard.
- This will allow me to listen to what is being said between other players.
- If possible I will gift a bundle pack to every wizard that I upset.

4. I will keep track of wins/losses and outraged comments from others.

5. If I survive 50% of the battles I will advance to Zafaria, then Avalon, and finally Azteca.

6. I will report back my results.

RottenHeart's Experiment #2:
Underleved Wizard Asking To Help Others

1. I will port my level 16 ice wizard into Avalon common area.
- full menu chat
- best gear available in bazaar, stitched to awsome stuff.

2. I will run around asking if anybody wants help.

3. I will keep track of how many wizards accept my help for 2 hours.
Ok i appreciate the fact you are trying to do an experiment for the cause but for what i am speaking about it will have no affect on. I am not saying a stranger will want a lower levels help but if its a good friend, a family member or a second account then it is their preference and if they want the lower level there then they should be allowed to port in.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
fireproof1111 on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
Ok i appreciate the fact you are trying to do an experiment for the cause but for what i am speaking about it will have no affect on. I am not saying a stranger will want a lower levels help but if its a good friend, a family member or a second account then it is their preference and if they want the lower level there then they should be allowed to port in.
fireproof said:

"I dont support this idea because it still would make it difficult for anyone under level 45 to assist anyone in higher levels of the game."

Ensuring you write your posts carefully is important young wizard. Your statement was emphatically clear. Carefull selection of words is important if you wish to be understood. Perhaps what you meant to say was:

"I dont support this idea because it still would make it difficult for higher leveled wizards to get assistance from anyone under level 45 in the game."

Significant difference.

It still doesn't make much sense because a higher leveled wizard needing help from significantly lower level wizards indicates an inability to play the game effectively. I can loosely understand the desire to play with friends of any level from a social aspect but the belief that there is a basic need for a higher level wizards to be supported by other massively underleveled (30+ levels) is ridiculous. It follows with other complaints that the game is too difficult and should be made easier (which I do not agree with).

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
RottenHeart on Mar 2, 2013 wrote:
fireproof said:

"I dont support this idea because it still would make it difficult for anyone under level 45 to assist anyone in higher levels of the game."

Ensuring you write your posts carefully is important young wizard. Your statement was emphatically clear. Carefull selection of words is important if you wish to be understood. Perhaps what you meant to say was:

"I dont support this idea because it still would make it difficult for higher leveled wizards to get assistance from anyone under level 45 in the game."

Significant difference.

It still doesn't make much sense because a higher leveled wizard needing help from significantly lower level wizards indicates an inability to play the game effectively. I can loosely understand the desire to play with friends of any level from a social aspect but the belief that there is a basic need for a higher level wizards to be supported by other massively underleveled (30+ levels) is ridiculous. It follows with other complaints that the game is too difficult and should be made easier (which I do not agree with).
I dont know about that. I have soloed through the game a few times but i always like to have someone come along to speed the process up. I guess they should not have worded it as needing help but wanting it.

If fireproof is anything like me they like to get through the game as quickly as possible so they can start on the next project. I really dont think it has to do with inability to play a game, i think its more along the lines of being smart enough not to waste time when you dont have to. The whole game can be soloed with the right gear,stats and strategy but alot of people choose to group so in a sense would grouping be the inability to play the game correctly? I dont think it is, I think its just a strategy.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
22
Some people don't like the fact that lower level wizards are going through worlds with higher level wizards to level up faster. They say it takes away from the game and isn't fair to those that have worked hard to get access to those areas. In all honesty, what's the big deal? They are not affecting your game in anyway, shape, or form. If a higher level wizard wants or needs help from someone 30+ levels below them, that is their choice. A level 30 life wizard helps with healing for example so having one there with you at level 70 still helps in the long run. Sometimes you just need someone to hold your place while you flee and use a potion because you are out of healing spells yourself. I say if you don't like this happening then don't do it but leave that choice up to each individual player.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
Kimberly Mistheart on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
Some people don't like the fact that lower level wizards are going through worlds with higher level wizards to level up faster. They say it takes away from the game and isn't fair to those that have worked hard to get access to those areas. In all honesty, what's the big deal? They are not affecting your game in anyway, shape, or form. If a higher level wizard wants or needs help from someone 30+ levels below them, that is their choice. A level 30 life wizard helps with healing for example so having one there with you at level 70 still helps in the long run. Sometimes you just need someone to hold your place while you flee and use a potion because you are out of healing spells yourself. I say if you don't like this happening then don't do it but leave that choice up to each individual player.
Other than the fact some people are having trouble with circle jumpers there should not be a problem at all. And the level has nothing to do with circle jumpers anyway so in all honesty no one should have a problem with lower levels but for some odd reason some people still do.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
KimberleyMorse26 said:

"They are not affecting your game in anyway, shape, or form."

Absolutely wrong. Please take the time to read more of this and similar threads.

I can absolutely assure you that 99.9% of high level wizards that are actively questing in 2nd arc worlds to advance through the spiral (ie: advancing into new territory) do not want an unsolicited underleveled wizard stranger porting or jumping into their battles. (gunslinger fits in the 0.1%).

Lower levels that are asked to help and travel with a specific higher level are not the issue. It is lower levels who decide to travel the spiral on their own, thinking they are helping others or using others to gain xp, wealth, specific drops, or goof around. "Turning of your ports" is not the simple answer because I do not have the ability to turn off everybody's porting option. Anyway I need my porting option on so that approriate friends can join.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
31
RottenHeart on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
KimberleyMorse26 said:

"They are not affecting your game in anyway, shape, or form."

Absolutely wrong. Please take the time to read more of this and similar threads.

I can absolutely assure you that 99.9% of high level wizards that are actively questing in 2nd arc worlds to advance through the spiral (ie: advancing into new territory) do not want an unsolicited underleveled wizard stranger porting or jumping into their battles. (gunslinger fits in the 0.1%).

Lower levels that are asked to help and travel with a specific higher level are not the issue. It is lower levels who decide to travel the spiral on their own, thinking they are helping others or using others to gain xp, wealth, specific drops, or goof around. "Turning of your ports" is not the simple answer because I do not have the ability to turn off everybody's porting option. Anyway I need my porting option on so that approriate friends can join.
Agreed.

I certainly don't want lower levels jumping into my battles and especially one more than 5 levels below my wizards level unless it is one of my own traveling with my higher level wizards. But I don't even do that. I will not power level any of my wizards and won't take one of them to a higher world to help a friend. I will take a high level wizard to help them.

If lower levels are traveling with a high leveled wizard then I think there should be some way to link or tie them to each other for the duration. If the High level logs off the lower level should then not be able to jump into another wizards battle. Therefore the lower leveled wizard would really have no other options but to return to an area they have earned for questing. I also want my porting options on so my friends can port. And No, none of my friends would port to me on a low level wizard without asking me first. And, yes, I know that as fact.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
126
I don't like it when low levels jump into my battles or try to go into dungeons with me, but I don't think there should be a level requirement for worlds. I tend to jump into worlds at a pretty low level, I got the spiral Key to KT at 8, was in mb at 19, ms at 28, and ds at 38. I also was out of ds at 46, which made me wait to get to cl a bit….. I also do use my lower level friends to help me out, especially if they're ice, they take my damage for me since i 'm a storm.

I do however, know that the problem is the random people coming into battles. This problem cannot be stopped without getting rid of the ability to port to friends in to worlds you have no spiral key to. (Sometimes in AV, my lvl 27 friend saves my behind :P)

What makes this problem frustrating is the fact that the people who do this are inexperienced players that are mute. If they had text chat, you'd be fine 3 vs 1.5, as they could actually help you out and cast traps and shields (instead of casting random firecats and using your feints)

I have no problem with people power-leveling, as long as they do their share in the battle and make it easier, not harder.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
RottenHeart on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
KimberleyMorse26 said:

"They are not affecting your game in anyway, shape, or form."

Absolutely wrong. Please take the time to read more of this and similar threads.

I can absolutely assure you that 99.9% of high level wizards that are actively questing in 2nd arc worlds to advance through the spiral (ie: advancing into new territory) do not want an unsolicited underleveled wizard stranger porting or jumping into their battles. (gunslinger fits in the 0.1%).

Lower levels that are asked to help and travel with a specific higher level are not the issue. It is lower levels who decide to travel the spiral on their own, thinking they are helping others or using others to gain xp, wealth, specific drops, or goof around. "Turning of your ports" is not the simple answer because I do not have the ability to turn off everybody's porting option. Anyway I need my porting option on so that approriate friends can join.
Sniffle sniffle..........Im only .1% man what a ego buster.
lol i do agree with some of what ya said though rotten, Its not the tag alongs its the ones that run wild after they get there with no lead or reason for being there. So in that statement i do agree with you.

I really wish they could fix it so those that have lower levels running with them that are not disrupting anyone could still have that option yet stop the rest from disruption. I just dont think KI will ever do anything because i dont think they know what to do with the situation.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
Gunslinger sais:

"Sniffle sniffle..........Im only .1% man what a ego buster. "

Mathematically it makes you one in a thousand. But we all know you are one in a million!

Happy Wizarding!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
22
RottenHeart on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
KimberleyMorse26 said:

"They are not affecting your game in anyway, shape, or form."

Absolutely wrong. Please take the time to read more of this and similar threads.

I can absolutely assure you that 99.9% of high level wizards that are actively questing in 2nd arc worlds to advance through the spiral (ie: advancing into new territory) do not want an unsolicited underleveled wizard stranger porting or jumping into their battles. (gunslinger fits in the 0.1%).

Lower levels that are asked to help and travel with a specific higher level are not the issue. It is lower levels who decide to travel the spiral on their own, thinking they are helping others or using others to gain xp, wealth, specific drops, or goof around. "Turning of your ports" is not the simple answer because I do not have the ability to turn off everybody's porting option. Anyway I need my porting option on so that approriate friends can join.
Just because someone's opinion differs from yours does not mean they are "absolutely wrong".

I've read posts and blogs and they do not affect your ability to defeat the enemy, get drops, etc.. is what I meant. I agree the strangers jumping in is an issue but the comment that was originally stated did not distinguish between friend or stranger. It only stated lower level wizards. In all honesty, I've never once had a stranger who was lower level (like the example given of 30+ levels lower) join me in higher levels or worlds. I've had friends like that do it, but never strangers. I've been playing for a few years now.

I don't know anything about their programming but by the way battles are set up now, I don't think there is a way to block strangers from joining your fight, but allowing friends to do same. However, there is a function in your settings that they may be able to apply to this issue. You can chose to only allow friends in your home, so why not apply it to battles? The difference would be instead of limiting battles to friends, having the additional option of limiting the minimum level of "others" that you want to allow to join you.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
Kimberly Mistheart on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
Just because someone's opinion differs from yours does not mean they are "absolutely wrong".

I've read posts and blogs and they do not affect your ability to defeat the enemy, get drops, etc.. is what I meant. I agree the strangers jumping in is an issue but the comment that was originally stated did not distinguish between friend or stranger. It only stated lower level wizards. In all honesty, I've never once had a stranger who was lower level (like the example given of 30+ levels lower) join me in higher levels or worlds. I've had friends like that do it, but never strangers. I've been playing for a few years now.

I don't know anything about their programming but by the way battles are set up now, I don't think there is a way to block strangers from joining your fight, but allowing friends to do same. However, there is a function in your settings that they may be able to apply to this issue. You can chose to only allow friends in your home, so why not apply it to battles? The difference would be instead of limiting battles to friends, having the additional option of limiting the minimum level of "others" that you want to allow to join you.
Kimberly this is a very touchy issue in the spiral right now. Some dont mind the lower levels in higher worlds yet some do. As long as the lower level is not disrupting anyones game play then i feel it should not matter but when they do disrupt something should be done about it, The problem is seperating the ones disrupting from the ones that arent. I to agree with you , I myself have never had a low level stranger jump into my circle.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
Statement:
"They are not affecting your game in anyway, shape, or form."

My Reply:
"Absolutely wrong. Please take the time to read more of this and similar threads."

Anybody who has played Wizard101 for more than 15 minutes knows that the first statement is absolutely wrong.

It is not my thoughts, opinion, or play style. It is a fact and a fundamental aspect of the game. In mob fights an additional wizard brings in an additional enemy, and in all battles the battle dynamics change. This is a change and affects a players game. Suggesting otherwise is.... odd.

Unexpected jumpers and ports defintely have an effect on a gamer's ability to defeat the enemy. Especially half way through a battle. Perhaps not so much in Krokotopia or Mooshu, but in Avalon and Azteca an unexpected additional player has a definite effect. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. At the very least strategies must be altered. In tough boss fights it often means your approach must suddenly change.

This particular thread is discussing level requirement ideas, particuarly because of significantly underleveled wizards (20+ levels) affecting peoples game play.

If you meant to say something else, then you should have. As it stands your statement was quite clear. On message boards it is very important to ensure your message says what you want it to say. Otherwise your message will be misunderstood.

Happy Wizarding.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
22
RottenHeart on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
Statement:
"They are not affecting your game in anyway, shape, or form."

My Reply:
"Absolutely wrong. Please take the time to read more of this and similar threads."

Anybody who has played Wizard101 for more than 15 minutes knows that the first statement is absolutely wrong.

It is not my thoughts, opinion, or play style. It is a fact and a fundamental aspect of the game. In mob fights an additional wizard brings in an additional enemy, and in all battles the battle dynamics change. This is a change and affects a players game. Suggesting otherwise is.... odd.

Unexpected jumpers and ports defintely have an effect on a gamer's ability to defeat the enemy. Especially half way through a battle. Perhaps not so much in Krokotopia or Mooshu, but in Avalon and Azteca an unexpected additional player has a definite effect. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. At the very least strategies must be altered. In tough boss fights it often means your approach must suddenly change.

This particular thread is discussing level requirement ideas, particuarly because of significantly underleveled wizards (20+ levels) affecting peoples game play.

If you meant to say something else, then you should have. As it stands your statement was quite clear. On message boards it is very important to ensure your message says what you want it to say. Otherwise your message will be misunderstood.

Happy Wizarding.
Rottenheart,

What you are referring to is game play experience at the time of the battle in question, or that specific battle in which the lower level wizard joins, not the game itself (which is what I was referring to as I stated).

What you stated is that "It is not my thoughts, opinion, or play style. It is a fact and a fundamental aspect of the game. In mob fights an additional wizard brings in an additional enemy, and in all battles the battle dynamics change. This is a change and affects a players game. Suggesting otherwise is.... odd."

The battle is affected, game play experience of that battle is affected, but not the game or the over all game play experience.

Let's try explaining it this way?:
A lower level wizard joining your battle does not affect "your game" in the sense of

1)Your ability to receive or complete quests, or progress in the game from start to finish
2)Your reception of drops, xp points, gold, ect.
3)Your ability to level up
4)Your ability to play the game
5)Your connection to the game, your graphics or any other "mechanics" of your game.

A lower level wizard may affect your battle, or game play experience at that time, but not your game (as described above). Yes, another player brings another enemy. One of the "fundamentals" of the game is to battle and defeat enemies. A good player is able to change their approach and battle strategy as needed. Often times when another player joins and attacks, they draw the attention of the enemy; therefore buying you more time to heal, build pips, etc. Another enemy adds challenge but doesn't affect the game as I've described above; only that battle and game play experience during that battle.

As far as your comment "If you meant to say something else, then you should have. As it stands your statement was quite clear. On message boards it is very important to ensure your message says what you want it to say. Otherwise your message will be misunderstood" That is why I have explained what I meant, again, in more specific detail. It's also a good example of how no matter how something is stated, it can be taken wrong/misunderstood. You stated my statement was quite clear but you took it as I was referring to the battle or game play experience during that battle, not the overall game or the game itself, despite me specifically stating otherwise.

Telling someone that their statements or views are "absolutely wrong" or "odd" comes off offensive and really should be stated in another way. After all, this is all just friendly conversation and expressing of opinions and ideas.

I hope this clarifies things more.

Too much is being made out of this.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
22
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 26, 2013 wrote:
Sorry rotten i disagree with you. I use myself as cannon fodder for friends and family all the time, Thats one reason its nice that theres no xp debt in this game. Just because you dont do this doesnt mean no one does.
And seeing how its not breaking any rules then its just a matter of preference. You dont like it but others might so it doesnt make it wrong.

Fireproof i agree with your statement.
I agree with you, and Rottenheart on this. A person should be able to make the choice themselves to be "cannon fodder" for a higher level wizard, if they want. On the same note, people should not deceive a lower level wizard into "helping" with a battle in which that is their only use. That comes down to the type of person the player is, and KI can't change a persons intentions. It should be up to the players discretion and in all reality, it already is. A wizard can always "flee" a battle in which they've been asked to join only to be used against their will.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
KimberleyMorse said:

"Yes, another player brings another enemy. One of the "fundamentals" of the game is to battle and defeat enemies. A good player is able to change their approach and battle strategy as needed. Often times when another player joins and attacks, they draw the attention of the enemy; therefore buying you more time to heal, build pips, etc."

I am curious what level your wizard is, or how far through the spiral you have progressed. This philosophy is okay for Marleybone or Mooshu, but not when you are actively questing in new territory in Avalon or Azteca.

I certainly would not want a level 20 firing off a firecat spell to distract the enemy. Blowing away my traps and feints just so I can die two rounds later. As gunslinger said, a level 20 in Azteca might live long enough to give you an extra blade, but then die upon getting hit. Unless the level 20 is glued closely to their high level host it is just not suitable for them to be in Avalon/Azteca.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
22
I have wizards that are all different levels and in different worlds through out the spiral. My highest one at the moment is in Zafaria, which I believe is only one world below Avalon, which you referenced. I have not seen any wizards more than 10 levels lower than myself in any world after Marleybone. I don't see any level 20 wizards trying to take on battles in Azteca or Avalon. However, I do understand what you are saying. It is annoying when they blow your feints and traps with wand hits or low level spells. In situations where a lower level wizard has joined, communication is key. Some friends and I make a habit of clearly asking people that join not to use wand or low level hits on our traps and feints, and most are understanding and cooperate. The problem comes in with wizards who are menu chat only and can't read what we are saying. Putting a limit on what level a wizard can be to enter or teleport into a world will upset a lot of people. Not doing so is upsetting people. In my opinion, the best option is to allow each person to set the parameters for their fights, limiting the level a "stranger" wizard can be to join the fight. This way each side gets what they prefer. I don't know enough about the programming to know if this is possible or not.