Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Requirement for Worlds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
1
I agree that there should be level requirements for worlds. Many times i have been in battles and had people that shouldn't be on that world port in and then leave because they can't handle the battle and leave me figting alone with more enemy's than i started with. I also get very upset that i will be figting to earn something and somone ports in on your battle and takes what you have been fighting for that they can't use because there to low a level and find out that they sold it.
I spend allotof money on this game so that my kids and I can enjoy itand have fun and there has to be those few that feel the need to make the game hard or not worth playing. I am also getting tired of the swearing and those few that harrass my kkids for there treasure cards that they worked hard to get. I wish that there were monitors in the shopping distcricts and the commons to deal with this problem. Other than the above complaints myself and my five kids love this game and have several different grand masters and are still enjoying creating others. i would recommend this game to anyone and hope that others find it as enjoyable as wee do

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Lvl requirements would just cause problems. Think of the people who are under leveled. They cant help being in the world they are on, and it just wouldnt be a fair thing for them to not be able to quest JUST BECAUSE of their lvl. Also, nobody would be able to help higher lvl friends because their lvl is too low for that world. THAT would be pretty darn annoying. This idea would make me want to quit wizard101, and i would say for a very very good reason.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
I disagree cuz some people dont do side quests i completed malistaire quest and all at lvl 43.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
154
Skorp wrote:
Well, I voted YES.

For one thing, the “world jumps” seem to violate the paradigm of the game. It’s a school, remember? We complete our lessons and learn our spells sequentially, and are intended to progress through the curricula in a more-or-less orderly fashion. An “elementary” Wizard City student should not be playing on the MooShu “college” campus, imo.

I didn’t see many junior wizards when I was in Marleybone – perhaps the complex movement there dissuaded them – but that changed when I got to MooShu. WC and Krok level wizards were running around everywhere, sometimes in groups of 2 or 3. (And, yes, I know how to change servers.) The “jumping into and then fleeing fights” problem has already been commented on, but I also found the constant friend requests to be equally annoying.

So I’m all for a requiring that wizards reach a minimum level before they can teleport to other worlds. It doesn’t even have to be a drastic requirement. Say: Level 12 for Krok, Level 22 for Marleybone, Level 30 for MooShu. (I’m sure the good folk at KI would set the appropriate levels.) That way, friends who are a little lower than you could still come to your aid, but it would stop the more extreme world jumps. How many wizards in MooShu really need help from their WC friends?

And if you have friends that don’t make the level cut, then, in the spirit of education and teamwork, you can always go and “tutor” them in their worlds to help them advance -- instead of the other way around.


Why did u say yes?

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
12
I can see both sides here. I do believe in one hand the level requirement will help with frequent teleports, but on the other some higher lvl wizards may need help.

I suggest this: To help with the teleporting there should be a screen that pops up right before they teleport to allow the other player to say yes or no. It should ask : "Do you want: Jcsandals life lvl 8 to teleport to you. yes or no." In that way it will prepare the player that they are jumping. If you asked that player to jump then all you have to say is yes. That should solve the jump problem.
As for lower levels getting in They already have a sort of lvl requirement just with quests. I see no fault there.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
5
ok first off lowbies getting "power leveled" by higher level players is a sad fact of ALL big online games like this one. Ignore them as its all you can do.

It is NOT cheating, Yes it is both sad and silly to see a level 10 wizard with "Oni Slayer" but it in no way affects my game play any more then those silly Cards for Codes wanna be scammers. (if you fall for this consider it a "learning fee" as one hopes you will not be so fooled again)


And think about this!
If there were level restrictions then all these people who don't care about the game its self just the end would be clogging up the Commons begging us for treasure cards so they don't have to actually Play the game to get Xp.

The only thing level restrictions would do as far as I can see is punish those of us who have mastered the combat system tot the point were we can Hold Our Own in places you fear to tread (at the same level).

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
1
I think there should be level requirements because if someone who just was able to into the world gate they could be a low level and have no experience in the game and fight a boss that has more health more strength.
now you see 8)

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
5
I say limits but not enough to take away fairness of the overall experience.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
11
I vote yes.

I think there should be a world level cap so that low level wizards don't go to an are that is too hard for them. I find it annoying when low level wizards go to worlds like MS or DS and follow you around wanting you to help them with things that they shouldn't even have acsses to yet.


~Dolan IceBlade
Lv. 47 Ice Wizard



P.S. You should make a bar graph after to show the results.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
63
i say no. i have beat MOOSHU people when i was a level 20- 26. but many of you ask how? i just keep attacking and summion minion so i dont die.i also had like 1980 health when i was a level 26. i had the mb crown hat and boots and tunic of beackneck. and the shames band and the one antham

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
21
I vote no.

Why? When I was still a lvl 21 (life) I got a whisper from a friend (lvl 17 fire). "PORT PLS NOW" This friend had never been so abrupt nor urgent with me. So I ported. POOF. I was then in battle with Jade Oni however I didn't know that's what it was. I just thought big green and scary. He had a high level friend who took him to Jade Oni and then ditched him. So far my story would seem to SUPPORT level caps but wait and continue to read. He got another friend to port to us. A level 11 Myth school wizard. Together the 3 of us slowly and methodically defeated Jade Oni. When the battle was over you would have thought it was Christmas, our birthday and we won the 250 million dollar lottery in one moment. HOOTS AND HOLLERS! Imaginary high fives! We were crazy happy and we had NEVER had so much FUN! We EARNED our badge and I wear mine with pride.

If there had been a level cap this experience would have never happened and that would be unfortunate as this is one of the best gaming experiences I've had.

Ellie Sky Grandmaster Life

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
8
I don't think we need level restrictions for different worlds now that the privacy options are in place.

I keep my teleport option off unless I am in contact with a friend and want them to teleport to me. I used to have people teleporting to me all the time without asking first.

One thing I would like to control is whether someone can join my fight. I like soloing, just to see whether I can beat a boss or not. I don't mind if people join me for the street fights -- you know, defeat 12 spiders or whatever -- but I don't want help with the bosses on the streets of DS. A lot of people don't ask whether it's ok to join in; sometimes it is, sometimes not with me.

Having said the above, I have found myself joining in fights that I didn't mean to, e.g. getting drawn into a street fight. Once, I went into a boss fight in Krok and found a wizard already in there fighting. She was pretty mad at me for intruding on her. These are cases where I would have welcomed a mechanism for the first person in the fight to say they didn't want me to join -- would have saved me some trouble . :-)

In general, I prefer to keep the game controls flexible and in the control of the individual, i.e. not institute administrative controls such as level restrictions for the different worlds.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
20
I think no because it just will make other players upset that they cant go to that world


Kenneth DuneWard level 27 Ice

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
2
octagig wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to place level requirements on the worlds, reasonable levels that a person would be at when they reach a new world. Lately I am seeing more and more people taking lower level friends through high level worlds to get them to level up faster.

It just seems like it takes away from the game and isn't really fair to those of us who actually worked to get to where we are. It would also cut back on the number of noobs who teleport in, add an enemy, then leave because it is too overwhelming for them.


First of all i would like to say a friend of mine to me to dragonspyre as a lvl15! i did not flee he did not want me just to lvl up but even as a low lvl i was able to kill i just used enough of my spells and dead but [b]still even a grand master needs help from time to timemy point is noobs as you call them first of all feels bad how would you like people calling you that yea not nice but every one needs help this is not a game to do all alone it is a game every where some one will need help no matter what lvl they are my grandmaster friend has me help him all the time now!!!
Robert Dragon staff
now LVL 41 myth

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
104
I definitely say NO. I am way too busy to do side-quests and get to really high levels. I am on Malistare as a level 45 3/4. It would really be a drag to beat the final boss in a world and then have to do side-quests in that world and other worlds to be able to go on in the game.

PLZ DO NOT MAKE THIS A PART OF WIZ101!

I HATE THE IDEA AND OBVIOUSLY OTHERS AGREE WITH
ME!

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
1
I voted no. It is annoying when lower lvls port to you in the middle of a battle, but I like exploring other worlds. Also, I dont like fighting monsters until im sure i can win. im also tryin 2 by cool homes at castle shops (specificaly the Dragonspyre houses) that rnt avaible on worlds i hav access 2, only where i absolutely have 2 port 2.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
65
NO level requirements most of the stuff that made me level up was from mooshu and i was a level twenty at that point!

Defender
May 09, 2009
161
Progenitor wrote:
I'd love to see a sign next to the entrance of each zone, that contains a warning stating the appropriate level that a wizard should be to venture forth.

That way, if you want, you can press X to read the sign or just skip it and run blindly into danger.

But it would be nice to know if you are just too low level for the zone or just need to reorg your deck.

The only problem is that some schools might have different thoughts on what is a good level. A Life wizard might have more difficulty than a Storm wizard or vice versa .

-p


yes! i love that idea of having a sign that tells you what level would be a good minimal lvl to go in there at. i also think that it should be talored to tell you what lvl your school thinks you are ok to go in at, after all they did this with the finall crafting quest

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
4
I'm a subscriber yet I still don't see how to get into the other worlds. Do I still need to quest to get into them?

Administrator
Of course young Wizard, you must earn your way to those worlds by completing assignments.

Once you have completed all your required assignments in Wizard City, Merle Ambrose will ask you to investigate Krokotopia.

Once you have been given that quest, you can access the Spiral door by entering Bartleby the World Tree.

After you’ve completed Krokotopia, you can move on to Marleybone, then MooShu, then Dragonspyre. You can visit Grizzleheim at level 5, but cannot return until level 20.

Reikka wrote:
I'm a subscriber yet I still don't see how to get into the other worlds. Do I still need to quest to get into them?

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Delver
Sep 25, 2008
211
I voted yes as in so lower level don't port in add an enemy then leave. So a box says can not enter world unless level 45 for example for Dragonspyre. This is for reasons as in the clothes are for that level anyway so no need to wait for clothes you can wear them straight away.

Also if you level before that you can wear Mooshu clothes while in Marleybone.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
9
octagig wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to place level requirements on the worlds, reasonable levels that a person would be at when they reach a new world. Lately I am seeing more and more people taking lower level friends through high level worlds to get them to level up faster.

It just seems like it takes away from the game and isn't really fair to those of us who actually worked to get to where we are. It would also cut back on the number of noobs who teleport in, add an enemy, then leave because it is too overwhelming for them.
NO people are seeing new stuff if they get overwhelmed, face the challenge wizards should see new things and face it head on!
wolf soulflame 48 balance laze duskflame 50 ice

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
164
dellybelly6 wrote:
octagig wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to place level requirements on the worlds, reasonable levels that a person would be at when they reach a new world. Lately I am seeing more and more people taking lower level friends through high level worlds to get them to level up faster.

It just seems like it takes away from the game and isn't really fair to those of us who actually worked to get to where we are. It would also cut back on the number of noobs who teleport in, add an enemy, then leave because it is too overwhelming for them.
NO people are seeing new stuff if they get overwhelmed, face the challenge wizards should see new things and face it head on!
wolf soulflame 48 balance laze duskflame 50 ice


That made little sense?!?!

If you are saying low level wizards should be able to port in to battles in high level areas and add an enemy that basically the high level wizard(s) that they ported in on will have to take on, then who is really taking on the challenge? It would be the higher level wizard basically having to baby-sit the low level wizards and have to put up with whatever bad moves they make, like breaking traps, and doing other not-so-bright things.

There should absolutely be a level requirement for realms, but I would not start it right at the level of the gear sold or dropped in that realm. I would say that making the realm available to a wizard 1-2 levels before the gear of that realm would make more sense.

I do every quest in the game when I run a wizard because I don't like to back-track on quests and end up doing double or more in the end....like many of the main quests and side quests in realms ask to defeat some of the same enemies or talk to the same people. If you do all the quests in an area before moving on then you will be "killing two birds with one stone," as the saying goes. You will also have better spells and be better prepared in health, and possibly gear, before moving on.

I think it should be 1-2 level before that realm that you can access it(by porting to a friend there or whatever,) because that would allow you to go and shop for future gear before you need it. It would give plenty of time for you to get your wizard prepared for when they really do hit that area. And as someone said something about DS and letting only level 45 and above...well, that's a horrible idea, because, as I said, I do EVERY quest in every area before moving on and I have hit DS at 43 and 44 more than I ever have at 45. So if I had to wait to 45 and I am one or two levels away, to be able to even go to DS, then what would I do to earn XP to get there if I completed MS already?...GH?...I think not! GH doesn't give enough XP to even matter. So it makes a LOT more sense to put a restriction on with allowing people that are within a level or two of the gear in an area than it would to make it AT the level of the gear there. And for those who just HAVE TO skip around; well, if you don't skip all your side quests and at least do some then you will probably still make it.

There is a reason for different realms and the fact that quests go in a certain order. It's to prepare you for later; you should take advantage of that!

I keep my teleporting turned off 99% of the time so it's not usually me who is allowing low levels in, it's others who don't bother/don't think about doing that. It really is annoying when you see people in DS who are like MB level and below. YOU DON'T BELONG THERE. I know how you people are, I've seen it too many times. You guys get so excited that you are fighting Draconians or that you are in DS at all and you go get yourselves in trouble and then you can't handle it there and you make yourselves look bad by begging for help. And you really look bad when you come running into a battle, add on another monster(that often is not the type of monster that those who were there already were prepared for...like they might need a prism or not have the shield for that type you added,) for the other wizards who were already there to deal with, and use low-level spells....YOU ARE IMPRESSING NO ONE, and it's not helping people who actually do know what they are doing! You are actually making already long-lasting DS battles take longer because you mess up so much of what the higher level wizards have been setting up. You really are making the game no fun and more stressful for anyone you join when you don't belong there anyway.

Personally, when some low-level wizard joins me...or anyone else I didn't invite in or wasn't even asked if I wanted them in...I will either flee or quit. If I quit I have several other wizards I can go mess with until I know it's safe to come back. So be aware that if you join in with someone who didn't want you there, then don't be surprised when you are left with every monster that was there, plus the one you pulled in, and no help for you!

You are just not cool, no matter what you think, when you are in an area that you didn't earn your way to and think you need to go running/teleporting into battles.




Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
36
I voted yes. I think its because of what I read. And some experience. I've never had a person who has joined me in battle (especially a low level) than flee as soon as they got there. I have though had an experience where there were a couple of little wizards each ranging about maybe apprentice to initiate in MS on Lucas LifeGiver.

I think no though cause if they aren't bothering anyone (unless you count the parts where they join in battle and flee) and they don't hurt anyone than it's probably OK. But than I think what if it were me fighting some monster in MB with a lot of HP (health points) and I was just a intiate. I don't think I would survive very long.

To those who think that the bagdes like 'Oni Slayer' and 'Savior of The Spiral' for lower levels, I use that to push me to a higher level. It kinda amazes me in fact... them getting a bagde like that the level they are now (unless they didn't work at it). Don't let it bother you unless they are bragging about it.

SOOOO I say yes and no, but I think yes because some people aren't ready for the monsters, bosses, quests, ect. that is in that world.

End of Story
See ya guys in the Spiral
Lucas LifeGiver Magus Theurgist
Kaitlyn IceRiver Adept Thaumaturge

P.S. A penny for your thoughts on this?

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
32
That would be totally unfair to all the play a game fast,beat it,move on gamers out there! :x They would probably only work on the main quest and then zip through. But if I really think, that would be helpful. 8) No more noobs with Savior of the Spiral as a badge. To bad noobs. :P LOL
But what about the crafting missions. :? They ask you to go to all the realms and now that wouldn't be fair. So I guess there are two ways to look at it.