Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Story Time April 2014

AuthorMessage
Developer
"And so it begins..."

Now that the final chapter of Khrysalis is live for the world, I thought it would be a great time to reopen the story-thread.

As before, a few ground rules:

First, please try to limit your post to one or two questions. That makes it easier for me to answer.

Second, I don't answer questions about Game Mechanics, Schedule, or Bugs. Not my department. :)

Third, there are some big questions left open throughout Wizard, and in the latter chapters in particular. You may ask about them, but you can expect a Blind Mew like reply: "That would be telling." ;)

With that said, ask away!

Jesse "King Artorius" Scoble

Community Leader
1. How did the spiders of Khrysalis get introduced to Shadow magic? Are they all considered antagonistic enough to know it naturally or even be its origin, or did it begin elsewhere?

2. Is Old Cob intended to be central to the Shadow or only the spiders (given who he is and only based on what we discover in Khrysalis)? Will he now be a villain himself or an overarching power of the Spiral writing our future adventures?

3. Do you intend to incorporate Grandmother Raven into the Old Cob storyline? If so, how do you expect to work around the difficulty of Grandmother Raven still being caged in a side world for some wizards? Is Old Cob working independently of Bartleby and Grandmother Raven, or is he spiteful?

Thanks so much!

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Survivor
May 31, 2010
Morganthe has a huge following of shadowy creatures...surely she has inspired several wizards along the way, who may be aiding a new shadow quest or wreaking havoc all over the streets. If Grandmother Raven is to become part of the storyline again, could you incorporate some mischief too? "When she was a young raven, perhaps?

~Lauren Ice Flower ~

Survivor
May 25, 2011
King Artorius on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
"And so it begins..."

Now that the final chapter of Khrysalis is live for the world, I thought it would be a great time to reopen the story-thread.

First, please try to limit your post to one or two questions. That makes it easier for me to answer.

Second, I don't answer questions about Game Mechanics, Schedule, or Bugs. Not my department. :)

Third, there are some big questions left open throughout Wizard, and in the latter chapters in particular. You may ask about them, but you can expect a Blind Mew like reply: "That would be telling." ;)

1.After we defeat morganth's sisters where does morganthe goes

Community Leader
In the story with the Orbs, it mentioned "The Chosen (one)", some people think it's us. But I think it's Morganthe. Who's right??

Btw, loved this quest! Thank you.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
(i)Will the question of Bartleby's Eye of the Past be touched upon or concluded in the next arc?
(ii) Could you give us any vague hints as to what to the story of Arc 3 is about?
(iii) Would you ever consider expanding upon the world from the Malistaire arc in terms of story rather than new zones like Crab Alley or Aquila -- like a return to Marleybone where Meowiarty has escaped from Glass House prison and is now aiding the next major villain?
(iii) And lastly, if not then why not? I'd personally love to return to Krok or Mooshu -- perhaps see a Wizard city dock where we can interact with characters players will be familiar with from Pirate101!

Isaac Moonshard, Necromancer!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
1. In the speech where Old Cob reveals that he's evil he tells his children to go to Mirage, Polaris, and Empyria. It seems apparent that those will be worlds in his story arch but he also mentions the Broken Shores and Hidden Lands, are those also worlds?

2. Given the nature of Old Cob as a villain, will the new arch be having more "fun" with the shadow weaver enemies?

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Once when I was a young wizard, I met a feline who said she was from a land called Mirage. Have you ever heard of Mirage? Is it really a part of the Spiral?

Amber Raven Song, Max

Explorer
Sep 01, 2009
1) What can we expect from Old Cob?

2) Is Old Cob "Grandfather Spider" referenced in the Obelisk Orb Quest?

3) Will there be a prophecy like Morganthe's for Old Cob?

4) If Old Cob is Grandfather Spiral, will we learn more about Bartleby, Grandmother Raven and the Titans? and Will Bartleby get his eye back?

Loved the ending to the Morg Arc!

Thanks

Sheldon

Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
1)In the new worlds For chapter 3, Will you continue magic or/and will there be any new magic? Shadow magic is cool and all but it kinda makes pvp unbalanced.

2) Will the school ever get better critical? I got mine to 350 but i barely critical. So when i have 1k health in a boss battle (solo) i can't win.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Hi,

1.) Could Old Cob' be up to something with this ''prophecy''? He mentioned the new worlds, Mirage, Polaris and Empyeria. That would be exciting! :D

2.) I saw a shooting star when Morganthe fell, could that mean something?

Joseph SpellMender :)

Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
1) People have been speculating on Old Cob being the 3rd arc's villain. Without telling too much, are we in any way correct?

2) After Morganthe died in Khrysalis, ending the current arc, will we ever be able to see her again in a new form, like with Malistaire? Or is she gone forever?

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
Hi, this question has been bothering me for a while:

If Bartleby still has his Eye of the Future, wouldn't he have seen all that was to come? Therefore, wouldn't he and Ambrose have knowledge of all these events and know how to deal with them?

Thanks!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
How long does the story take? What I mean is, if you enrolled in the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, about how many days/months/years would it be until you fought Malistaire or Morganthe?

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Hi King!

I have a couple of questions, you can choose if you want to answer any of them. Some are based around Morganthe.

1. When Morganthe was banished from Ravenwood for separating the Death School from Ravenwood, where did she go to meet Captain Coleridge? We learned in the story that he is a rat from Skull Island (P101?) Did Morganthe give up the Wizard life and become a pirate () for a while before getting into trouble in the hive?

2. I am confused in her 3rd memory where it shows her and the Young Captain Coleridge searching the hive for new magic for her to use since hers was taken away by Ambrose. The Spiders appears and says that she may be the "Chosen one of the Prophecy?" After reading the Orb History Quest for KR, it appears that Old Cob was waiting for a chosen one. (Did the spiders bite her for her to grow her own spider legs or is that just part of her attire?)

3. I am holding up hope that all of the arcs are somehow connected by something big. One of my theories is that one of Old Cob's "children" bit Sylvia Drake which caused her to get sick and pass away, Malistaire to go Crazy starting arc 1.

4. I'm surprised Bartelby and Grandmother Raven haven't spoken to us about Old Cob after the storyline in K42, they are enemies correct? Would have been interesting to talk to both of them instead of Ambrose.

5. Do you have a fascination with Spiders King Artorius? :P Its been the villain since arc 2.
PS: I absolutely love the Memory function in KR2 of when we change into Morganthe and use her deck etc... Please KI do this more! (Ambrose/School Professors/NPC's) It would be amazing and fun!

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Pirates o the Spir... on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Hi King!

I have a couple of questions, you can choose if you want to answer any of them. Some are based around Morganthe.

1. When Morganthe was banished from Ravenwood for separating the Death School from Ravenwood, where did she go to meet Captain Coleridge? We learned in the story that he is a rat from Skull Island (P101?) Did Morganthe give up the Wizard life and become a pirate () for a while before getting into trouble in the hive?

2. I am confused in her 3rd memory where it shows her and the Young Captain Coleridge searching the hive for new magic for her to use since hers was taken away by Ambrose. The Spiders appears and says that she may be the "Chosen one of the Prophecy?" After reading the Orb History Quest for KR, it appears that Old Cob was waiting for a chosen one. (Did the spiders bite her for her to grow her own spider legs or is that just part of her attire?)

3. I am holding up hope that all of the arcs are somehow connected by something big. One of my theories is that one of Old Cob's "children" bit Sylvia Drake which caused her to get sick and pass away, Malistaire to go Crazy starting arc 1.

4. I'm surprised Bartelby and Grandmother Raven haven't spoken to us about Old Cob after the storyline in K42, they are enemies correct? Would have been interesting to talk to both of them instead of Ambrose.

5. Do you have a fascination with Spiders King Artorius? :P Its been the villain since arc 2.
PS: I absolutely love the Memory function in KR2 of when we change into Morganthe and use her deck etc... Please KI do this more! (Ambrose/School Professors/NPC's) It would be amazing and fun!
Wasn't it Malistaire who separated the school?

Historian
May 06, 2009
Hello, King Artorius! Nice to see you again and glad you could take some time to answer our questions. I had just a few to ask of you:

But first, a complement: I really liked what you guys did with the 1st and 2nd arc. The 2 arcs connect well together, because the 1st just gives you a presentation of Ravenwood, but the 2nd then adds in those "behind the secret door" lore bits, with Morganthe's Arc revealing the Council of Light, Astral Magic, Shadow Magic, the creation of Ravenwood and origins of Ambrose, and finally at the end, Grandfather Spider. I always had a hunch that the 2nd and 3rd Arc were going to corellate and it would appear the 3rd arc will go more in depth with the beginning of the Spiral, the Titans, and the lives of Grandmother Raven, Bartleby, and Grandfather Spider. I'm very excited!

1. I'm not convinced that Morganthe and Malistaire are officially out of the picture and there's still missing info on Malistaire's return. It appears that they've both left on a note that could possible mean they're coming back. Do you have any plans to just end-end their presence and put them to rest?

2. I was wondering, now that the 2nd arc is done, do you have any plans to create new side worlds similar to the whole Dragonspyre-Grizzlehiem instance? As in, do you plan to make a large side world that has it's own stand-alone story and could be expanded on? I'd really like the Spiral Door to Gobblerton to finally open up.

3. Could you possibly explain the connection between Khrysalis, Zafaria, and Celestia? My problem is that Morganthe became Queen in Khrysalis, but a some point ruled Zafaria for a time. Inyanga did say Zafaria was once the Shadow Queen's old place of reign. Then Celestia some how ends up the target of her schemes because her Prophecy calls for Astral Magic, but as we learn in Khrysalis, Morganthe doesn't even like Astral magic. Could you please touch up on this? How did she get to Zafaria from Khrysalis and why cause so much war in Celestia?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2014
One more question, Will there ever be a shadow shield. I hit and had someone hit on me a 5000 nova on me.
Would be very useful.

Ty for your time,

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
King Artorius on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
"And so it begins..."

Here's something that popped into my head.

What was it like being the Pendragon?

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Who is this ancient being called Spider who was locked away by Grandmother Raven? Is he really Old Cob? and what is with the reappearance of Morganthe's prophecy in one of the Obelisk orbs? "The mirror will break, the horn will call, from the shadows I strike and the skies...will fall!"

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Hi I have always wondered about the lore of spell circles and exactly how wizard summons work. As we know wizards summon creature's of colossal size(think Ra, the size of the sun or Stormzilla the size of a 10 story building). However, when these creatures are summoned they are limited by the spell circle. So my question is, do wizards summon the creatures in their entirety with the spell circle acting as a protective medium restricting the area of effect of the summons? or do wizards merely summon an approximation of the true creature?

My other question relates to the end of the 2 main villains. How is it that 2 people who have both shown the ability time and time again to teleport end up lost in space? Why don't they simply teleport back to somewhere in the spiral? *This same question applies to wizards who have been held in cells such as the students in Cyclops Lane and the Zafarian exchange student trapped in Queen Elissa's zoo*

Developer
Swordroll on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
1. How did the spiders of Khrysalis get introduced to Shadow magic? Are they all considered antagonistic enough to know it naturally or even be its origin, or did it begin elsewhere?

1. That's a very interesting question. I'm not sure I can answer it right now. All I can say for the moment is that the Elder Magi knew enough about Shadow that they led Morganthe to the Solar Arc where she basically "punched through" the veils of the world and opened up the Chamber of the Sun's Shadow for herself (and eventually for you).

Those other questions are also very intriguing, but can't be answered at the moment.

Developer
Kelsey Fireheart on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
In the story with the Orbs, it mentioned "The Chosen (one)", some people think it's us. But I think it's Morganthe. Who's right??

Btw, loved this quest! Thank you.

Yes.

And thank you very much!

Developer
Apue1 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
(i)Will the question of Bartleby's Eye of the Past be touched upon or concluded in the next arc?
(ii) Could you give us any vague hints as to what to the story of Arc

1. Eventually, we must resolve this, mustn't we?

2. Far too early to be asking about that! That said, there are hints scattered through Khrysalis.

3. Do you mean do I ever want to return to Krok, Marlebyone, MooShu, or Dragonspyre? Yes, very much so! I have various and sundry ideas of how and where we might explore.

Developer
average moe on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
1. In the speech where Old Cob reveals that he's evil he tells his children to go to Mirage, Polaris, and Empyria. It seems apparent that those will be worlds in his story arch but he also mentions the Broken Shores and Hidden Lands, are those also worlds?

2. Given the nature of Old Cob as a villain, will the new arch be having more "fun" with the shadow weaver enemies?
1. Are they? They certainly do sound like places.