Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

myth and balance worst schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
10
i think myth and balance are the worst school.myth is just to troll people with the stuns and earthquake.
that why you barley see any myth wizards. balance sucks because they don't have any converts and to blades or
trap just for balance themselfs. balance is just really ti aid other schools.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
99
Since you're posting a discussion like this, I'm assuming that you have neither a high level myth or balance wizard. There's no such thing as a "worst school". Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. I can't speak well for myth since I don't have one, though I've never seen a myth wizard spam stun and earthquake (I usually don't see any using stuns or earthquake at all) . However, I can say that balance is an excellent school once you master it. We get around the fact we don't have converts by using spells like Chimera, Hydra, Spectral Blast, and also by using Mastery Amulets. Yes, it may take longer to defeat bosses, but we still get it done. In my opinion, Balance wizards have to strategize and plan more so than other schools. Playing a balance has helped me becoming a better player overall, because I now have multiple strategizes I use in the game to help me solo powerful bosses and dungeons. Also, we do not simply aid other schools. In fact, there are many balance wizards who don't (I myself don't blade others or trap for them often; I'm an attacking type player, not a support one).

Look at this discussion and you'll other balance wizards who are "Balance and Proud"!
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/im-balance-and-im-proud-8ad6a41b3caee3a8013cb11bf85b69ca/8ad6a41840a010a40140c155f7447056?fromSearchResult=true&page=1

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 77

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
My two favorite schools. Guess that's why they make vanilla and chocolate.

Squire
Jul 18, 2010
568
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Excuse me? Myth and balance are the worst? Is not for just stunning and "trolling" people with earthquake. The reason why you don't see many myth wizards is because most people leave myth out because they don't know exactly how to use it, or they do not like it for their own reasons. Like me, I just don't like . That's my opinion ... . Myth can remove all shields and blades, use powerful 2 hit spells so the first hit which is always weaker than the second, will use up the enemy shields allowing you to have a powerful second hit without no problems . Myth can remove traps too. They have powerful minions, and have their own creative magic. Why do you think people are scared of myth in pvp? Myth rules the pvp court if you ask me!

As for .... It is very powerful too. They are a bit of every school, making them have all shields for all schools (except balance of course) their blades can be used for and by any school of magic. They can use THREE types of magic in one spell. They basically are every single school if you think about it. So what they don't have prisms ? They have their own spells like hydra and spectral blast to use against balance creatures. Seriously though no offense but how could you say balance's only purpose is to just aid the other schools? Come on now be reasonable .

Everyone has their own opinion

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1077
I'm assuming you haven't played either one of these schools. It takes patience and understanding to play either one. Most people are drawn to Fire and Storm, because of their damage and faster battles. Other schools take strategy and thinking to make them pretty devastating.

So, instead of starting a post that's a bit flaming to other schools because of lack of knowledge, you should start or play your Myth and Balance to level 90 just to see how well they can do.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
30
I agree, and also disagree. (Specifically with the balance, as I don't really play myth).

Balance doesn't need converts as we have a little of every other school, If we fight a life, death, myth, we hit them with hydra, or any standard balance spell. If we fight storm, Ice, Fire, we hit them with chimera, or any standard balance spell. It only gets tricky when you fight balance, then your secondary school comes in.

As for our charms and traps, they go to any magic school, which is good, because alone in combat we can cast anything, and in groups we can effectively boost damage for anyone on our side. (people often ask me if it's okay for them to use my traps, which is an odd question, of course you can use it, that's what it's there for.)

Arguably (and with an appropriate critical) we have the best heal in the game, in consideration for pip cost vs. healing rendered, with our availing hands spell. A Balance wizard with good outgoing heal, would quickly become your best friend.

In my own opinion I find balance to be (well...) the most balanced school in the game. It has all the upsides, and none of the drawbacks. [Unless of course you are a big fan of damage over time, we get none of those.]

So, basically I'm saying I think Balance is possibly the best school. Also, imagine the faces of your opponents, when you cast a seven power pip Judgement with a colossal enchant, and balance blade + Hex.

Well that my opinion anyway...

--Brandon Boom, Imp Realm--

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
92
Oh young wizard every school is amazing in their own way.
I am a myth and i say that the school is underestimated (Which is a good thing with impressing friends :P)
I just work with my friends or minions and i always make it to the next world by the time it comes out ;)
Balance is AMAZING to me!
My brother has just gotten an account of his own (So has my sister) And I've tried to convince them to get life or balance because of how helpful they are in battles. (My brother got a life (Which i was glad about) And my sister got a fire (Because of the attack))
I think that myth and balance are both Great schools!
Just don't give up on them because if you do, well then they won't be as well as their supposed to be ;)

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
9
I don't have a opinion on since I have not played that school yet. But I have played till safari and it does not suck. The best thing about is that you can not block their attacks unless you have a tower shield. Tower shields are the only way to block a balance attack and unless you play pvp or a ice boss like winter tusk you are unstoppable. Balance doesn't have prisms because they can attack in ALL schools. Hydra attacks with ice, storm, and fire. I believe it was chimera that attacks with life, death, and myth. No matter who you face you always have a attack for that schools weakness. Balance has weak blades but very good attacks.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
twinkle star on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
i think myth and balance are the worst school.myth is just to troll people with the stuns and earthquake.
that why you barley see any myth wizards. balance sucks because they don't have any converts and to blades or
trap just for balance themselfs. balance is just really ti aid other schools.
*cough cough* WHAT?? I'd say balance dominates most PvP areas (not necessarily in numbers) but I guess you may be talking about PvE. My Myth is a Commander, and my Balance is a Warlord on the leaderboards. I don't know where you got this idea. Myth can be a very powerful school, along with Balance. In PvE there are spells given to balance so that they don't have to convert (spectral blast, hydra, chimera). I've also seen myths do a thousand with an earthquake with no blades.

Wolf Legend and Mythhammer

Mastermind
Jan 27, 2010
325
......I'm balance and my secondary school is myth

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2931
First of all, I agree that there is no "worst" school. But, as chance would have it, my least favourite schools are Myth and Balance:

why, you ask?

1) the worst part of being a high-level balance wizard is that, at level 90, we still have no way to break shields or get rid of weakness without using off-school TC. I would never take her into the arena, just because I don't own (or want) a Myth mastery amulet; it's practically a requirement at her level, both in pvp and pve fights.

Not to say that she isn't powerful~ au contraire, she's a machine. But no other school has to rely on TC or Crown-shop items that way, and it bothers me immensely.

2) "Myth is just there to troll people with Earthquake." Sad, but true... I LOL'ed, then cried little wizard tears into my cape...

(PS: you forgot the chain-stunning that renders Stun Block useless, but Ice does that, too.)

It takes a very-specific personality to play a support school well, and I don't have it. But knowing is half the battle (literally).

-v.

Laura Shadowsong, 90
Valerian Deathwhisper, 90
Sestiva Stormblade, 81
Tavia Summershield, 63
Patrick Dreamstalker, 40
Tara Winterbloom, 40
Angela Nightflame, 23

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
488
twinkle star on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
i think myth and balance are the worst school.myth is just to troll people with the stuns and earthquake.
that why you barley see any myth wizards. balance sucks because they don't have any converts and to blades or
trap just for balance themselfs. balance is just really ti aid other schools.
Myth and balance are the worst schools...
Myth and balance...
Balance....
First of all, balance is a great school. Balance is not just for aiding, there is ra and power nova, and one of the most powerful spells in the game judgement. Sure we don't have a trap or a blade but we have other school's blades. We can use other schools to boost our damage. Like there is hydra and chimera, we can use our elemental blades and spirit blades to damage our attacks.
As for myth...
Uh...
Just read this and all just click here
There is more than just that. (but myth is still my least *cough* favorite school)

-Molly 78

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
99
Molly the Balance ... on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Myth and balance are the worst schools...
Myth and balance...
Balance....
First of all, balance is a great school. Balance is not just for aiding, there is ra and power nova, and one of the most powerful spells in the game judgement. Sure we don't have a trap or a blade but we have other school's blades. We can use other schools to boost our damage. Like there is hydra and chimera, we can use our elemental blades and spirit blades to damage our attacks.
As for myth...
Uh...
Just read this and all just click here
There is more than just that. (but myth is still my least *cough* favorite school)

-Molly 78
Agreed ! I Balance! And myth is my least favorite school too

Survivor
Aug 28, 2012
1
I agree with you, that is the worst school ever. But why I know, that you hate stunn and earthquake, but why you don't start myth school? Then Will YOU use earthquake and laugh, when will they swear. Only Wizard101, can you please do new spell like earthquake or frog for Myth

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
7
you must have gotten pwned in pvp by one of those schools. haters gonna hate.

Valdus Battlebringer lvl50

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Here we go again...
(And IMO, those are 2 of the best schools pvp wise)

Champion
Jul 04, 2012
496
Hold on a second. BALANCE??? Ok, your right with myth. But... BALANCE??? i can speak for it cause i

have a balance. We are actually the luckiest school. We have soooo many powerups, that weakness and tower

sheild don't matter. I trained death as my secondary school with balance, and fient has made it even better. But,

You have to think real. Have you even had a balance at least an adept? Certainly not i can tell. So try it- you'll

find out soon that its a great school!

Angela Gem lvl 62
Katie Goldfountain lvl 40
Nicole Starsmith lvl 20
Kaitlyn Glade lvl 20
Christina Summerwraith lvl 12
Jessica Spritebringer lvl 5

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2931
Cole Death on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
I agree with you, that is the worst school ever. But why I know, that you hate stunn and earthquake, but why you don't start myth school? Then Will YOU use earthquake and laugh, when will they swear. Only Wizard101, can you please do new spell like earthquake or frog for Myth
I have a Myth wizard in Dragonspyre, and I still hate Myth;
I just keep him to troll people with Earthquake.



-v.

Community Leader
Most schools take time and a bit of finesse to get use to them. I absolutely adore of both these schools. Balance you can help others or solo and do some great damage. Myth? You have your very own companions to help you and pack a huge punch.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
Rebecca Bright on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Since you're posting a discussion like this, I'm assuming that you have neither a high level myth or balance wizard. There's no such thing as a "worst school". Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. I can't speak well for myth since I don't have one, though I've never seen a myth wizard spam stun and earthquake (I usually don't see any using stuns or earthquake at all) . However, I can say that balance is an excellent school once you master it. We get around the fact we don't have converts by using spells like Chimera, Hydra, Spectral Blast, and also by using Mastery Amulets. Yes, it may take longer to defeat bosses, but we still get it done. In my opinion, Balance wizards have to strategize and plan more so than other schools. Playing a balance has helped me becoming a better player overall, because I now have multiple strategizes I use in the game to help me solo powerful bosses and dungeons. Also, we do not simply aid other schools. In fact, there are many balance wizards who don't (I myself don't blade others or trap for them often; I'm an attacking type player, not a support one).

Look at this discussion and you'll other balance wizards who are "Balance and Proud"!
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/im-balance-and-im-proud-8ad6a41b3caee3a8013cb11bf85b69ca/8ad6a41840a010a40140c155f7447056?fromSearchResult=true&page=1

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 77
actually i believe myth is the worst school hahaha my strategy isn't hide behind minions i do my own fighting in this game.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
251
twinkle star on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
i think myth and balance are the worst school.myth is just to troll people with the stuns and earthquake.
that why you barley see any myth wizards. balance sucks because they don't have any converts and to blades or
trap just for balance themselfs. balance is just really ti aid other schools.
Hey, I am and it is one of the BEST schools EVER
Have you ever been a balance person on a highish level?
I blade myself up then trap the opponent and stock up power pips and shield and...

BOOM 10 power pips critical and a lot of blades and traps.

About over 4000 with the critical not including blades of traps.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
354
What!? Just what man, just what.

There is no worst school, and there is no best school. Please stop it.

You're lucky I didn't go rage-y

Brecken Storytalon, lvl 48 ( )
Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 ()

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
twinkle star on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
i think myth and balance are the worst school.myth is just to troll people with the stuns and earthquake.
that why you barley see any myth wizards. balance sucks because they don't have any converts and to blades or
trap just for balance themselfs. balance is just really ti aid other schools.
"balance sucks" Really? I will pvp you right now. Balance isn't the hardest hitting school or the most powerful, but balance does not suck nor is it the worst school. I'd probably be the one complaining about no converts and weak blades, but I would never ever say it is one of the worst schools, that is just one con of balance, but there are more pros that you should look at.

For myth, I only have a balance wiz, but myth does not suck. It is less popular statistically, but it is not bad. I really don't want to argue, well not that I don't (cause I love to argue) but not with you. I will not argue with someone who posts posts like that. Good day.

Historian
Jul 28, 2011
600
These are two epic schools if you know how to play them well.

These schools were designed to strategize to win. Just because they can't load up on a billion blades and power hit, doesn't make them the worst schools. There is no best and no worst.

These schools are REALLY hard to play, and you can easily get frustrated with them, which is why you barely see people of those schools.

They are amazing schools if you know how to play them right.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
172
Eh hem.
Beware the conjurer, or else.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 58