Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

myth and balance worst schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2012
31
twinkle star on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
i think myth and balance are the worst school.myth is just to troll people with the stuns and earthquake.
that why you barley see any myth wizards. balance sucks because they don't have any converts and to blades or
trap just for balance themselfs. balance is just really ti aid other schools.
All schools have their ups and downs, so none of them are perfect. I think Myth and Balance are great schools, since they can do things other schools can't. I am a fire so I don't know what it's like to be Myth or Balance, but there are a lot of things they can do that fire can't.

Blaze WildBreaker lvl 68

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
77
Balance I don't know lol I am lvl 15 balance, he shall train then I will let you know lol.
Myth is not a bad school, if myth is used right they can medusa ever 2-3 turns easily "don't look into her eyes she is stunningly dangerous". Earthquake is great, but also bad. Most people don't noticed that it removes the Good and Bad wards and charms so there are down sides. The minions aren't really useful till Talos. I just summon a Puppet for 0 pips, use the storm spell for minions get 4 pips, bring out the better minion or use medusa to by me time with shields. So Myth isn't horrible at all lol. Unless you face one lol.

" Ice is delicate and beautiful, but can be fierce and deadly"

Angel lvl 85
and others

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
1
Ok that is the stupidest thing I've ever seen balance is one of the best schools ever known to wizard101 I'm not Even balance but I know what raw power it possess. If any thing balance is one of the best and o.p. classes ever known to wizard kind. want to know a terrible class? Try fire terrible Chance to hit and damage lower than storm it's storm but with lower damage. Now I can understand someone playing as fire to make the game harder but to be efficient it's not the best way to go oh and life is terrible unless you are fighting in a group now myth I don't know much about myth but if I would read up on it I could probably find a reason why it's not one of the worst classes that's all I have to say

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
I disagree with being weak. How are they weak? I don't get it... lol

If we're talking about in group battles then absolutely is weak. Weakest school in groups hands down is . No question.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I disagree with being weak. How are they weak? I don't get it... lol

If we're talking about in group battles then absolutely is weak. Weakest school in groups hands down is . No question.
Totally disagree with that. Myth is a strong school both solo and in groups. You just have to know how to play it. Both Myth and Balance are more advanced schools, they require a little more thinking. My myth works equally well soloing Tartarus or doing it with a group. That really has nothing to do with the school and more with the player.
For weakest in groups I'd say gets that honor, no question. Death is really built for soloing, but it can be a good part of a team. Again that is totally dependent on the PLAYER not the school.

Delver
Apr 13, 2011
246
Rebecca Bright on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Since you're posting a discussion like this, I'm assuming that you have neither a high level myth or balance wizard. There's no such thing as a "worst school". Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. I can't speak well for myth since I don't have one, though I've never seen a myth wizard spam stun and earthquake (I usually don't see any using stuns or earthquake at all) . However, I can say that balance is an excellent school once you master it. We get around the fact we don't have converts by using spells like Chimera, Hydra, Spectral Blast, and also by using Mastery Amulets. Yes, it may take longer to defeat bosses, but we still get it done. In my opinion, Balance wizards have to strategize and plan more so than other schools. Playing a balance has helped me becoming a better player overall, because I now have multiple strategizes I use in the game to help me solo powerful bosses and dungeons. Also, we do not simply aid other schools. In fact, there are many balance wizards who don't (I myself don't blade others or trap for them often; I'm an attacking type player, not a support one).

Look at this discussion and you'll other balance wizards who are "Balance and Proud"!
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/im-balance-and-im-proud-8ad6a41b3caee3a8013cb11bf85b69ca/8ad6a41840a010a40140c155f7447056?fromSearchResult=true&page=1

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 77
in reply to Rebecca Bright. with wizards those levels you have to play like non-stop every single day with membership and a billion crowns (i mean this as complement by the way)

Kyle Earthshard () Level 61

Kane Star () Level 24

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
25
I am not sure that there is a "worst" school. One of the things I like about this game (and its cousin, Pirate101) is that KI has done an excellent job balancing the schools. Many people will have favorite and least-favorite schools, but I think that is more because people prefer different play styles, rather than some schools being inherently better than others.

My Balance wizard, who just made level 90, is extremely effective. And, until the latter stages of Avalon, she pretty much always ran solo. Her spells do not pack as much oomph as Storm or Fire, but they are much more stable and much harder for the opponent to decrease the damage. They have some great spell-boost abilities as well.

My Myth wizard is level 61, and he has been quite effective as well. One of the school's emphases is on minions, and I do not use minions much, so I can't speak to how effective they can be if you play around with the minion-manipulation spells you can pick up in Zafaria. But they have some other great spells - I adore the twinned-strike spells, for example (which render enemy Myth Shields largely useless).

-Michael

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
4
Rebecca Bright on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Since you're posting a discussion like this, I'm assuming that you have neither a high level myth or balance wizard. There's no such thing as a "worst school". Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. I can't speak well for myth since I don't have one, though I've never seen a myth wizard spam stun and earthquake (I usually don't see any using stuns or earthquake at all) . However, I can say that balance is an excellent school once you master it. We get around the fact we don't have converts by using spells like Chimera, Hydra, Spectral Blast, and also by using Mastery Amulets. Yes, it may take longer to defeat bosses, but we still get it done. In my opinion, Balance wizards have to strategize and plan more so than other schools. Playing a balance has helped me becoming a better player overall, because I now have multiple strategizes I use in the game to help me solo powerful bosses and dungeons. Also, we do not simply aid other schools. In fact, there are many balance wizards who don't (I myself don't blade others or trap for them often; I'm an attacking type player, not a support one).

Look at this discussion and you'll other balance wizards who are "Balance and Proud"!
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/im-balance-and-im-proud-8ad6a41b3caee3a8013cb11bf85b69ca/8ad6a41840a010a40140c155f7447056?fromSearchResult=true&page=1

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 77
U know Rebecca is right balance is not all about others and giving them blades nor traps me my self soon ill be a balance wizard like what Rebecca said "All the school have there own weaknesses P.S.Rebecca has a good way with words

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
45
Indigo Ring on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
I am not sure that there is a "worst" school. One of the things I like about this game (and its cousin, Pirate101) is that KI has done an excellent job balancing the schools. Many people will have favorite and least-favorite schools, but I think that is more because people prefer different play styles, rather than some schools being inherently better than others.

My Balance wizard, who just made level 90, is extremely effective. And, until the latter stages of Avalon, she pretty much always ran solo. Her spells do not pack as much oomph as Storm or Fire, but they are much more stable and much harder for the opponent to decrease the damage. They have some great spell-boost abilities as well.

My Myth wizard is level 61, and he has been quite effective as well. One of the school's emphases is on minions, and I do not use minions much, so I can't speak to how effective they can be if you play around with the minion-manipulation spells you can pick up in Zafaria. But they have some other great spells - I adore the twinned-strike spells, for example (which render enemy Myth Shields largely useless).

-Michael
balance has it's ups and downs it get spirit and elemental blade trap an shield for FREE which means they are some of the best at pvp also they get blade storm give that a sharpened blade bam 30 blades on all it also gets a bunch of stuff we do not get for FREE and has healing
Then there is the down part power play do you really want bosses in wizard city getting power pips or if you fighting any boss then they have no prisms so cross out gladiator sand squid tentacle and cronus out solo you would need a full team for any of them warning you younger balance players

Spellcaster-

Delver
Jan 05, 2014
214
People constantly harp on balance getting elemental blade, spirit blade, elemental trap, and spirit trap for free. Non-balance wizards seem not to grasp that these spells are rarely useful for anything to a balance wizard. They do not apply to any AOE balance spell. They do not apply to any spell that actually does balance damage. The only balance spells they help are spectral blast, hydra, and chimera. The same three spells the normal balance blade and trap (hex) do NOT help. Other wizards get these spells and they stack on top of their normal blades and traps, balance wizards have to use them instead of their normal blades and traps (and pay a pip to use them, which makes their value highly questionable, unlike 0 pip blades and traps). And for cripes sake, 2 training points and you have both spells that apply to your school damage, are training points THAT hard to get?

Not that I disagree that balance is a fine school, my main is balance and I enjoy playing him. But frankly, most balance spells are meh, the one real standout that makes the school viable is Judgement.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
DanTheTerrible on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
People constantly harp on balance getting elemental blade, spirit blade, elemental trap, and spirit trap for free. Non-balance wizards seem not to grasp that these spells are rarely useful for anything to a balance wizard. They do not apply to any AOE balance spell. They do not apply to any spell that actually does balance damage. The only balance spells they help are spectral blast, hydra, and chimera. The same three spells the normal balance blade and trap (hex) do NOT help. Other wizards get these spells and they stack on top of their normal blades and traps, balance wizards have to use them instead of their normal blades and traps (and pay a pip to use them, which makes their value highly questionable, unlike 0 pip blades and traps). And for cripes sake, 2 training points and you have both spells that apply to your school damage, are training points THAT hard to get?

Not that I disagree that balance is a fine school, my main is balance and I enjoy playing him. But frankly, most balance spells are meh, the one real standout that makes the school viable is Judgement.
And most Balance harp on constantly about not having stronger blades while completely ignoring the fact that no one has Balance Shields to defend with. Balance is extremely powerful for that one reason alone. Also balance blades and traps work just fine on all spells including hydra, chimera and spectral blast. I don't know where you got the idea that they don't.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
11
If you have never applied yourself and took the time to properly learn the way of combat, then yes, you would probably think it is one of the worst school.

However, as a Promethean myself, I can honestly say I am part of the best school in WC. I have met other high level who understand how to play the school well and we all have similar opinions regarding it's effectiveness. You have to know how to use magic properly to appreciate it. Just as a player would be extremely effective if they are well verse in the magic of that school.

I have been very successful at PVP. Experienced & wizards are extremely difficult to play in PVP. Perhaps that is why the OP decided to vent, may have been dominated consistently by wizards from both schools in PVP. Would not be the only time I have seen it.

Chances that a person feels a certain school is weak is due to the fact the style of battle/strategy does not fit their personality or they have been beaten badly by people from those schools. Take your pick. No one school is weak, the weakness comes from the ignorance of the person hating on it.

Survivor
May 03, 2013
1
and cannot be bad. is pretty even and wizards can call on really good minions. if you think these are bad schools that's your opinion not ours.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
is a very good school. I don't think it's weak at all. Sure it has a few disappointing spells. What school doesn't?

= NOT weak at all

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
354
Well, let's put it this way. It's best to have a myth in battle when your on the myth's team or you are the myth. Balances are good teammates, but they also can pack some punch with Ra and more!

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
81
Angela Gem on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
Hold on a second. BALANCE??? Ok, your right with myth. But... BALANCE??? i can speak for it cause i

have a balance. We are actually the luckiest school. We have soooo many powerups, that weakness and tower

sheild don't matter. I trained death as my secondary school with balance, and fient has made it even better. But,

You have to think real. Have you even had a balance at least an adept? Certainly not i can tell. So try it- you'll

find out soon that its a great school!

Angela Gem lvl 62
Katie Goldfountain lvl 40
Nicole Starsmith lvl 20
Kaitlyn Glade lvl 20
Christina Summerwraith lvl 12
Jessica Spritebringer lvl 5
You can't say that myth is bad if you doesn't have a HIGH level myth!?
Same for the author of this topic...

-Paul NightBreeze level 86

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
I have a high level . Earthquake, a frog and blinding light (not trainable, obviously) lol. Sure they have pierce, but ALL of their attack all enemy spells are TRAINABLE for EVERYONE.

Nobody else sees an issue with this? Really? In a 1v1 and 2v2, they fair fine. But in 3v3 and 4v4, Sorry, they are the weakest school. 4v4 - they can't bring out minions and even if they could the minions have NO resist and die from any attack. How is NOT weak in group settings? I would love for someone to actually explain how they are not the weakest school in terms of team function. It can't be done, until KI gives myth a few more tools that impact groups, they are weakest.

Every single other school has SEVERAL things to offer their group and team except for .

ANYBODY can cast earthquake, as well as frog. There's also always an ulimited supply of every attack there is like Basilisk, Medusa, and Orthrus, etc.

Please explain how is NOT the weakest in groups and the least valuable in team function.

Casting earthquake cannot be an answer as ANYONE can train.

I don't see how people can dispute this? But I would love RELEVANT debate about this.

Thank you.

= Great 1v1, awful and pointless 3v3 and 4v4

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
25
Dantheterrible: "People constantly harp on balance getting elemental blade, spirit blade, elemental trap, and spirit trap for free. Non-balance wizards seem not to grasp that these spells are rarely useful for anything to a balance wizard."

In truth I use these spells rarely. As you say, they are not much use directly to a Balance Wizard, and mine has primarily run solo. If you are running with one or more friends, they can be very effective for the group. Depending upon who you are running with of course - my Balance wizard is now running about Azteca with a friend... another balance wizard!

-Indigo

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
14
I don't have a balence wizard but my main wizard is myth and he almost unstoppable on the pvp court and he is a fine solo wizard because he just makes minions so they do the work for him. Myth rules!

Caleb MoonRiver lvl 36 myth

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
43
I see by your comment that you don't have an extreme understanding of the purposes
of these schools. Ahem...Let me explain. No school is the worst, and even if we have a few cons,
it is easy to find a loophole if we strategise and think. Example, you said that going
against balance wizards are annoying because we don't have converts. Well, I agree, the
fact that doesn't get converts really annoys me but that's part of the fun. Solution:If you're
level sixty eight or higher, balance boosts on spiritual schools so Chimera is a great choice.
If not, use something like Hydra or Spectral Blast.

For , Earthquake isn't about trolling. Myth is designed to try and survive with the toughest
aspects of Wizard101. It takes two shields to fully shield a Minotuar. Myth minions have high
Heath which makes them efficient, and Earthquake removes all charms, wards but it also removes
negative ones. It also only deals 310 damage so not that much if you have good resist. You can
avoid this by just not using blades if you predict that they are going to hit with Earthquake. Use a feint,
a trap or two and you probably have the same amount of damage as your blades.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2013
1
Myth and balance aren't the worst schools
Every school has pros and cons
Plus; i think myth and balance are brilliant and so is every other school

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
93
I've seen Myth and Fire duel. And guess who won. Myth. And Balance and Fire, I doubt fire would win.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 37 Pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
4
In my opinion myth and balance are very good one of the hardest things to do is to defeat your own school bosses balance does this easy without converts there hydra chimera and spectral blast myth is easily the best in pvp and they don't just spam earthquake any more they used to but now there game is different and what school are you

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
5
Considering i think you made one before and only got it to lets say lvl 20 you think it's the worst class but later on you will think myth and balnce is the best classes ever kind of like ice when it's weak at first but later on it's very powerfull i hope this helped

Kyle lvl 35
sarah lvl 78

courtney lvl 95

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
81
I Disagree at 100%
Myths are really good if they don't summon.
Those peoples who say Myth isn't good just don't have a strategy.

Balances are super shielders.
You got none of them so...

-Paul NightBreeze level 95
Alex WaterSinger Level 41