Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions in 1v1 pvp. Yay or Nay?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
I say yes to allowing minions in 1v1. EVERY school has a minion, so it is not like you have an advantage over an opponent because all schools have minions. Yes some minions are better than others, but if you disallow minions in PvP, Myth wizards are down 4 of their spells. That is incredibly unfair.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
i would like to keep minions i am so close to getting my minotaur minion it would be terrible if i got the quest to get it and then suddenly lose it because some people hate when a wizard summons a minion in pvp

Survivor
Dec 02, 2008
OK lets break this down.
1. duels are not evenly matched to begin with. You can very easily get matched against some one with twice your health, and who has been to worlds that you have not traveled, giving them more of an opportunity to gain better gear.

2.As said before all is fair in love and war

3. all schools can obtain a minion

4. It is a spell and one i worked hard to earn so if i can use it to my advantage I will. Complaining about it will do no good. Learn to win duels with and without minions(focus on the wizard). Try different strategies.

5. If Its in the game use it !

obviously my vote is yay

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I say yes to minions being in 1v1 pvp. I don't understand why people complain about it turning a 1v1 to a 1v2 when minions are never really that powerful to begin. They're there to either boost the damage ability of a wizard or to provide him/her with some cover, they're not wizard players in themselves ans are easily dealt with. In fact, ever since my death wizard learned scarecrow I become very VERY happy when someone summons a minion because to me that minion=extra health for me when i cast that scarecrow waiting in my hand

Survivor
Jul 11, 2008
Minions should absolutely be kept in the arena. They help very very much and they are one of our learned spells.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Then THAT is like saying you shouldn't use an attack if your opponent doesn't have an attack. Imagine,

Player1: "Can you use Helephant on me?"
Player2: "Oh no, I don't have it."
Player1: "Oh, ok, I won't use mine then because it wouldn't be fair if I killed you."

I agree but why just 1v1 what about 2v2s or 3v3s

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
gnreno3 wrote:
I don't think it matters whether they are there or not. I am a fire/storm wizard and I have seen people try to use these on me several times. As long as I take out the wizard....duels over. They don't act as they do in the game meaning they don't make you finish off the minion too. Take out the wizard and the duel is over. Don't waste your time or pips on the minion, no matter how annoying they are.

My ice wizard ( life + death secondary schools ) would love you. I've seen lots of folks ignore my minion(s) and pay the price. Against a defensive minded wizard ( generally life or ice or balance ) ignoring the minion is a recipe for disaster.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
elephantbird wrote:
gnreno3 wrote:
I don't think it matters whether they are there or not. I am a fire/storm wizard and I have seen people try to use these on me several times. As long as I take out the wizard....duels over. They don't act as they do in the game meaning they don't make you finish off the minion too. Take out the wizard and the duel is over. Don't waste your time or pips on the minion, no matter how annoying they are.

My ice wizard ( life + death secondary schools ) would love you. I've seen lots of folks ignore my minion(s) and pay the price. Against a defensive minded wizard ( generally life or ice or balance ) ignoring the minion is a recipe for disaster.

i think that that depends on whether they have an attack all spell or not because if they do then they hurt you and your minion there but yeah attacking the wizard only does help a lot like this but hey i did that too put a minion down stuck an absorb sheild on it and me and started stacking sheilds on myself i was losing atm and i ended up winning though :D btw the person was really really mad at me :-o

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
are are quite right i love obliterating wizards and there minions

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
I say YAY!.....

Why shouldn't I be able to us one of the most powerful cards in my inventory? Death Incarnate Rules!

It's powerful tool...... IF I'M ABLE TO SURVIVE!!!!! to be able to cast it. That can be a feat in itself.

Don't forget...it can add to the fun too! I had a 1v1 against a Healer recently that lasted almost 4 hours thanks to a minion fueled frenzy from both of us.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Minions are just another card that nearly anyone can use depending on their level. If you prefer not to use them, then don't. If you wish to use them, then do.

Today I had someone screaming and throwing a fit and saying they were going to report me for casting one in the last leg of the battle. He was defeated, there was no question, but still he had 'issues' about my use of a minion.

I'm sorry, that's just too darned bad. Suck it up, and place some minions in your deck if you feel it is somehow unfair. Otherwise of course, your option is just to not duel.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
hey i dont want to disable minions because myth doesnt got good attack and thats what myth does besides there level 48 spell

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Really, people complain about this, honestly I am shocked at this. No i do not have access to my minion spell yet, but still, if the game lets you do it then go for it. I am bery tired of alot of these people and their "complaints" I was actually reported for chain stunning when I used 2 stuns the entire duel. one about three rounds in and one on a DOT attack for the win. I know it is harsh to lose like that, but he actually tried reporting me for it ??? I have lost to minions before, and i know this is off topic, but this is 1 complaint i have with them. I was in a dual with a balance wizard, he summoned tha mander and I managed to take him out with my vampire, but after this, before the turn ended, the mander killed me with sandstorm ??? this I think is unfair, the fight should have been over when the wizard died. In the worlds you die, your minion lives, you are defeated anyway. sorry i left topic there, but it does bug me a little.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
I think minions are not powerful than you.

I say nay to minions are powerful than you.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
yay for minions, i am level 23 balance and just got my minion now all i hear in pvp is don't ward so much don't summon that minion its not fair, well if people think it is not fair then don't battle in pvp, i feel if i can use then i will, if you dont like then become more powerfull and kill me before i can summon him, which has been done to me by the way, a fire mage beat me in 5 rounds, and i was like wow that's awesome

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
I say yay to minions because some people rely on there minion only. So if you dont want minions then just dont play pvp.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
I say yes to minions as these are special spells. Each schools get their minion, poor Storm, it has one but cant be use in PVP as it only taunts. Doesnt work against a player. What other schools take away from storm is WILD BOLT. Everyone is using it and PVP is more of WHO are more lucky to cast a WILD bolt than battle of school spells. Like minions, some spells should not be allowed to make a treasure card of.

Morgrim LotusShield (Storm Grand)
Morgrim LotusBlade (Balance Grand)
Morgrim LotusLeaf (Life Grand)
Morgrim LotusDeath (Death Grand)
Morgrim LotusHorn (Myth Adept)

This game is getting boring after these grands and I started dueling but the WILD bolts are taking my interests away!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009

I personally find minions a disadvantage as they manage to use my buffs and make it impossible for me to increase the power of my spells. Who wants to set a feint and have some computer controlled cartoon use it an a fire elph or storm snake. The idea of minions is great if you have no other choice as Myth class wizards but for me its a bother. Most of the time in battle I pretty much ignore the minion anyway. Killing the other player kills the minion nuff' said.

Use your minion and waste your pips. whatever I will beat you if I play my cards right as you will do the same to me

(if i spelled anything wrong thats lame but thats me I dont pay that much attention to the little things in life...)

My too sense..

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
i say yes and no, yes when the people are close to same lvl but and no when there is a 9/+ lvl difference that the stronger wizard cant use it until the weaker one does

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
level4 wrote:
Should they be allowed in 1 on 1 duels?

I believe they should because they are a spell that costs pips. I could even argue that it may be a waste of pips sometimes. They usually don't don't do much for first 3 rounds and then their affect is not great.

yeah i agree with you level 4 but also they are quite honestly not too bright.
i always have plans to get rid of bosses and my minion gets rid of my traps all the time! :x

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
i'm level thirty myth wizard i still still rely on minions to help me in boss battles do you know how many times a minion saved me from loosing in arena

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
critterkins wrote:
level4 wrote:

I believe they should because they are a spell that costs pips. I could even argue that it may be a waste of pips sometimes. They usually don't don't do much for first 3 rounds and then their affect is not great.

I think minions are nay. It wastes time on a 1 vs 1 battle! When you have enough pips to kill them and you can summon a minion, would you rather kill them or die
if that happens then you are just not prepared i am a myth and my minions are killed a lot. most of the time by myself

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
critterkins wrote:
level4 wrote:

I think minions are nay. It wastes time on a 1 vs 1 battle! When you have enough pips to kill them and you can summon a minion, would you rather kill them or die
if you hate minions so much then go to a 4v4. problem solved. no room for minions. i say to keep them they are essential to myth wizards like me

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
meaking1 wrote:
i'm level thirty myth wizard i still still rely on minions to help me in boss battles do you know how many times a minion saved me from loosing in arena
i like using my cyclops minion because it can actually heal me. i find it very useful