Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions in 1v1 pvp. Yay or Nay?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Minions are definitely worth it. I prefer Life over Myth.

4 pips for a minion who heals you? Heck yeah. 4 pips for a minion who gets rid of shields for me? Yes please. 4 pips to get the other play to use up some of his spells to get rid of the minion? Oh yeah. :)

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
ah minions are usefull i summoned a scarecrow minion..... most people think "oh what a sad minion only passing" then when my scarecrow starts casting krakens they regreat it also with my saved pips i have enough for wraith and other assorted goodies

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
even though minions are VERY annoying im gonna have to say keep them. im almost level 28 so im gonna get my minion soon and i don't want the use of minions to be crippled right when i get one. minions have their downsides but your probably gonna say "keep them" when you get one

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
[quote=Quizzical}A minion is one of the spells in their deck. To tell a myth wizard no minions makes about as much sense as telling a life wizard no heals, a death wizard no lifestealing, or a fire wizard no damage over time spells.

In anything remotely resembling a fair fight, of course a player will need to take advantage of what his class does well to win.

I agree. I'm a life wizard and I almost never win a battle without heals. A friend of mine is a fire wizard and he uses fire elf in pretty much all of is battles. So I guess that's a "Yay".

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Personally I don't really like it. 1v1 should be just that nothing more.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Minon are fine if it is your school spell why not beable to use it in any arena match.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Or if you're going to allow it at least give the minions LIMITED cards.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
I say NAY I just posted a big complaint about this under the topic called "The one card that unbalances pvp"

I have the abililty to summon minions, I'm death too so the more pips I use the stronger they are and even having that I think it is totally unfair to use this in pvp.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
kalycesowa wrote:
I say yes to the minions because many times I have a battle where players flee or have to leave suddenly. It helps to balance out teams. If you want to put a limitation on them, then just allow a minion to take a spot once occupied by a player who is gone only.

Kayla Starforge

As far as my complaints for this card go, this idea is a really good solution and would at the very least make me shut up about it :-o

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Minions are fine, even in 1v1. If you're seriously having trouble against a minion, put multitarget spells in your deck and/or treasure deck. Better yet, summon a minion of your own. Every school gets a minion at some point, and if you don't have a minion spell yet, you're probably also too low of a level for the ranked arena.

The people who usually complain about the minions are those who have probably been KOed by a minion, just like how those who complain about judgment are those who got OTKed by it.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
Minions are fine, even in 1v1. If you're seriously having trouble against a minion, put multitarget spells in your deck and/or treasure deck. Better yet, summon a minion of your own. Every school gets a minion at some point, and if you don't have a minion spell yet, you're probably also too low of a level for the ranked arena.

The people who usually complain about the minions are those who have probably been KOed by a minion, just like how those who complain about judgment are those who got OTKed by it.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Every school has a minion is true for example life school has to wait until u get 4 pips to use a minion in battle if ur a high enough level to use minions anyway it is way fair

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Never been KOed by the actual minion but I still think it's unfair. And when I got my animate card I know I was way too low level to go to the arena. So just cuz you have it doesn't mean anything. Think about real life, if someone wanted to beat you up and they brought their friends to help them while you were alone, wouldn't you think that's unfair? I know this isn't real life but still...

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
I am a level 40 conjurer and ilose alot even when I summon minions. I have a golem minion,a troll minion, A cyclops minion and a minotoar minion. i still cant win mostof the time unlike the rest of the conjurers! I need to know why is it becouse I have too much minions in my deck. Please contact me if you figure it out. vooby0

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
one day i whase fight in 1v1 i used a minion i say that minions are cuse it is a card :-)

Survivor
May 11, 2009
You guys do realize that an actual ban on minions turns PvP into who OHKOs who first, right?

Think of it; the majority of PvP matches start with everyone doing their ridiculous DragonBall Z power up nonsense, casting traps, blades, Feint, etc etc. Invoking a minion not only aids in putting the opponent on a faster clock than expected, but also forces the user to take a defensive stance since their pips are depleted.

Suddenly a one-shot isn't good enough anymore, there are two targets and one of them probably has an appropriate shield up, or has hit you with Weakness or something similar. Good luck with your Immolate plan.

I've a Lv 28-ish Myth character who's worked his way up to Commander besting wizards 10+ levels overhead with this strategy. It's a valid counter to the OHKOs everyone is complaining about. In my opinion, by talking about banning minions you're actually talking about moving the game closer to the dreaded coin flip eventuality of Who Goes First. That's why this will never happen.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
lightning elementals dont do good in pvp they wont egt attacked lol

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
It should depend on level range. That would be assuming the pvp matching system actually worked and got you close to others your level (I consistently get paired with players of 13 levels HIGHER than me....).

A pet totally puts the advantage on someone that only has enough damage to barely kill an opponent let alone two in solo combat.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Keep the minions!

The other people don't like it because they know they are going to lose.
Sore losers!

If they don't like it then they should become Myth to level the battlefield, or try to avoid fighting a Myth as much as possible. It is a spell and the whole point of becoming a Myth wizard.

Cassandra ShadowThief

Level 15 Death

Survivor
May 03, 2009
snaebra wrote:
I say yay to minions. It is a battle, and everyone should be entitled to use whatever weapon utensils they have available. Like what they say: All is fair in love and war

this is totally true i am a master necromancer and death types actually have 14 different creatures to summon and i should know i"ve summoned them all just like malistare the last summoning with 7 power pips is a wraith to assist in battle so i say let minions in freely i think everyone gets a minion at some time. me and my brother got our minion cards at different times but at least we can use them.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
GreenHoppy wrote:
Minions are essential to Myth school success. Plus, there are ways to defeat wizards with minions.
Yes ui agree i am a myth wizard level 46 but ok we get the wooden thing lol that does nothing the troll is ok the onkly good ones are cyclops and minotaur.minotaur is good but it isnt good against people in pvp etc. IT TAUNTS AND USES TOWER SHIELD like all the time. taunt is really only good against creatures.. and the cyclops is great! it heals you with fairy or pixie whatever lol and hits.
But us Myth people need stronger spells. same with life. centaur should be stronger!
But yes MINIONS SHOULD BE USED IF YOU WANT IT IS YOUR SPELL YOU EARNED IT! :D

RobertGriffinHaven level 46 myth wizard

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
No offence but this topic is kind of useless because every school gets a minion. Sure they arent all that great but they were made to accent the school they are in. Like the life minion, it heals so the person who used it can get a hit in instead of healing all of the time.

Myth is a minion school, they get what 3 or 4 minions?

All minions are fine hehe

Just my 2 cents

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
if your are myth summon a 1 pip minion then if you have sacrifice minion you will get 4 pips for really one pip

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
OwnMaNoWaR wrote:
Minions are definitely worth it. I prefer Life over Myth.

4 pips for a minion who heals you? Heck yeah. 4 pips for a minion who gets rid of shields for me? Yes please. 4 pips to get the other play to use up some of his spells to get rid of the minion? Oh yeah. :-)

I entirely agree with all those who like to use minion's (didn't say I liked them ) but these spells are spells.
I being a lvl30 storm mage have the best and worst of all minions (nothing against him I love him he is my buddy.) The water elementel takes 3 pips to use and then 3 turns to take full effect. If I'm not dead by then he is pretty nice, but really 6 turns (not including power pips) if using the Kraken or Tempest strategy the match is uselly over. I am not complianing but the life minion heals life people who can already heal themselves and have too much health in my opinion.
But my final word on minions is this; they are part of the game just as Judgement and Wild Bolt are so if they are used I should just get over it.

Keep up the good work Wizard 101.
Dugan TitanFist.