Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minions in 1v1 pvp. Yay or Nay?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Should they be allowed in 1 on 1 duels?

I believe they should because they are a spell that costs pips. I could even argue that it may be a waste of pips sometimes. They usually don't don't do much for first 3 rounds and then their affect is not great.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
To disallow minions would be pretty crippling to Myth wizards, as the point of the class is that it gets good minions.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
There may be an answer between yay and nay. I dueled a friend who doesn't have a minion and he just asked that I not re-summon mine if he destroyed it. He destroyed it with about the same number of pips it took me to summon it and went on to beat me soundly .

In monster fights it helps a lot that they don't target the minion early on. In PvP what the other guy has to invest to counter your minion investment makes the margin limited.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I say yay to minions. It is a battle, and everyone should be entitled to use whatever weapon utensils they have available. Like what they say: All is fair in love and war

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
To disallow minions would be pretty crippling to Myth wizards, as the point of the class is that it gets good minions.
your right i mean i am a level 20 conjurer and my minions are probaly the things that help me the most

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
susume wrote:
There may be an answer between yay and nay. I dueled a friend who doesn't have a minion and he just asked that I not re-summon mine if he destroyed it. He destroyed it with about the same number of pips it took me to summon it and went on to beat me soundly .

In monster fights it helps a lot that they don't target the minion early on. In PvP what the other guy has to invest to counter your minion investment makes the margin limited.
thats good in a way too because then they will focus on your minions for a while and then you

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
I say keep the Minions. Becuse Part of Minions is to heal. I can destory them to heal my self.

So not useing a Minions weakens our fighting abilty.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
i say yay to minions too. but they shouldnt be as powerful as the player.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Spells are spells and minions are spells.
So YES.

When it comes down to it, eventually fights are not fair between players to start with and no matter what is done to make it so it will never be.I can't wait to see what dirty tricks I start hearing about people doing as things progress. There is always someone out there looking for the easy and unscrupulous way to do things.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Yes! please anyone complaining about another wizards spells should not be dueling to begin with.

I hear the same complaint about my stun spells
( would you please not use that) ( thats not fair) .

I love giving them another one when they complain.

Plus thats why you carry spells that can damage multiple enemies.
You never know who your gonna duel. So I try to prepare for anything.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
I say yes to the minions because many times I have a battle where players flee or have to leave suddenly. It helps to balance out teams. If you want to put a limitation on them, then just allow a minion to take a spot once occupied by a player who is gone only.

Kayla Starforge

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
I feel flattered when another Wizard brings out their Minion to duel with me. To me it shows that they can't defeat me with just the spells they have in their deck and they need help.

Sometimes I win those duels and sometimes I don't.

I NEVER use a minion when I am dueling because I feel that 1v1 should be just that, not 1v2. Play the hand that you were dealt. That's what makes it fun.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
PrincessLily wrote:
I feel flattered when another Wizard brings out their Minion to duel with me. To me it shows that they can't defeat me with just the spells they have in their deck and they need help.

A minion is one of the spells in their deck. To tell a myth wizard no minions makes about as much sense as telling a life wizard no heals, a death wizard no lifestealing, or a fire wizard no damage over time spells.

In anything remotely resembling a fair fight, of course a player will need to take advantage of what his class does well to win.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Well I don't really think minions is a good idea if you don't have one and the other player doesn't... So I think that you shouldn't cast minions 'cause it wouldn't be fair to the other players.

But if they can text chat then maybe ask if they are gonna cast a minion THEN if they say they are you cast one. \ :) But if they say that they can't then don't. :( Well that's what I do so I am giving my best advice.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
pyron9 wrote:
Well I don't really think minions is a good idea if you don't have one and the other player doesn't... So I think that you shouldn't cast minions 'cause it wouldn't be fair to the other players.

But if they can text chat then maybe ask if they are gonna cast a minion THEN if they say they are you cast one. \ :) But if they say that they can't then don't. :( Well that's what I do so I am giving my best advice.

Then THAT is like saying you shouldn't use an attack if your opponent doesn't have an attack. Imagine,

Player1: "Can you use Helephant on me?"
Player2: "Oh no, I don't have it."
Player1: "Oh, ok, I won't use mine then because it wouldn't be fair if I killed you."

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
Zantar wrote:
I say keep the Minions. Becuse Part of Minions is to heal. I can destory them to heal my self.

So not useing a Minions weakens our fighting abilty.
minions are helpful i say keep minions in the pvp arena storm minions are cheap but still myth wizards are the "best with minions" maybe my minion dosent help much when im against fire wizards and bosses but still i like using my minions
-Dylan BattleFlame lvl 42 master pyromancer 2nd school balance (almost have hydra!)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Minions are essential to Myth school success. Plus, there are ways to defeat wizards with minions.

Community Leader
PrincessLily wrote:

I NEVER use a minion when I am dueling because I feel that 1v1 should be just that, not 1v2. Play the hand that you were dealt. That's what makes it fun.

But using minions IS playing the hand you are dealt.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
I say yay im myth and summoning is what makes myth myth!
Summoning is like there best spells other wizards have good spells to and if you dont like it try making a quite good myth and dont summon see how hard it is later on alone with no summons.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
Im sorry but i have to say NO!!!! on this one because without are minuions myth has nothing because it is not very powerful with just cards

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Yes, to take minions out would kill the myth school. Learn what to do when your fighting a duel with minions :)

Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
level4 wrote:
Should they be allowed in 1 on 1 duels?

I believe they should because they are a spell that costs pips. I could even argue that it may be a waste of pips sometimes. They usually don't don't do much for first 3 rounds and then their affect is not great.

I think minions are nay. It wastes time on a 1 vs 1 battle! When you have enough pips to kill them and you can summon a minion, would you rather kill them or die

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I think it is unfair and you should all flee the match as soon as you see me cast a minion, a heal, a bunch of sheilds, or what ever else it is that offends your silly sense of video game honor - so I can get 10 free tickets without having to wait through a whole match to beat you!

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
I don't think it matters whether they are there or not. I am a fire/storm wizard and I have seen people try to use these on me several times. As long as I take out the wizard....duels over. They don't act as they do in the game meaning they don't make you finish off the minion too. Take out the wizard and the duel is over. Don't waste your time or pips on the minion, no matter how annoying they are.

See ya in the Spiral,

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I don't see the problem with Minions. It takes 4 pips to cast them? It takes 4 pips to cast an AOE too.

But while they are wasting their time casting a minion, you can be nuking the heck out of them. 4 pips = 500+ dmg.

Another thing to consider, every school can cast a minion, so it is not like it is available to only one school.

This makes for interesting rock paper scissors type of deck setup. Minions will be a deck that tries to drag the fight out. While a fast nuke deck can beat a minion deck easily.