Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
2
although i think it's nice that the pets get to do more in the game, i still think lvl up pets with those mini games is time consuming and boring. i believe it is best to have a separate quest for those pets which would be much more fun. the pets in your home can only run in circles in a small area which isn't all that fun to watch. they should be allowed to run around your entire home( inside and outside).

paying 80000 gold for the hatching process and ending up with one of the same pets we started with is ridiculous and a waste of time. be careful not to end up like other major games that started off with a bang and now are one of those dead games. you guys worked hard on it and won lots of awards but sorry to say, the recent updates are just not worth it anymore. hopefully Celestia will pull me back into the game cause nothing else so far is.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
72
This is still a developing aspect of the game. Everything cannot be implemented into this project all at once. Don't be so down on what has been created. Look above from Professor Greyrose! It SEEMS those exclusive pets MAY yield a completely new looking pet. Those pets will be what many players want to mix with, and paying 80000 gold to do it is more justified. Headmaster Ambrose hears our cries and TIME will heal our pains.

Pets roaming the whole house...great idea, I see it happening someday...although, my Firewing pet will need to be kept in a cage. I don't need to be buying new furniture because he keeps flying over things

Defender
May 08, 2009
167
goldenheart387 wrote:


paying 80000 gold for the hatching process


Wow, thats pretty expensive...I haven't played with the hatchery because I am still training my pets to becomes adults.Is there a secondary payment with crowns or not?

Anyway,I have a few suggestions for unhatchable pets.I think any pet that came with a gift card should be unhatchable,in the sense that the player bought it with real money.(Especially the set that came with Dragonblade)

And a few others:

Summer Dragon,Death Beatle,and especially the level 48 pets.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
13
I am not happy about this, I guess alot of people dont understand how bloddline of hatching pet plays into the game.

So now I'll never have a Danger Hound with new powers, because people want pets to stay rare!
HOW SAD :-(


Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose


Can you allow Wraiths to be hatched only for people who have scarecrow? Mine is missing from the live realm.

Anthony Redflame Level 49 Necromancer Pet Knight

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
5
i think the pets are good, but the spell casting pets that cast spells themselves should be more common. This was one of the advertising bonuses and rly not that many pets cast spells.
Also it seems like a giant time consumer. I think in this update some quest should be released leaking info about celestia or maybe a person from Celestia should come the wizard city. The game is really starting to lose the thunder it started with, u really need something to drag us back in.

Defender
Oct 14, 2009
126
I think Level 48 pets, and possibly the Storm Beetle and/or Death Scarab should be added to the list.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
13
SnookumsMcSnook wrote:
I think Level 48 pets, and possibly the Storm Beetle and/or Death Scarab should be added to the list.


Are you crazy I think the list is already longer then it should be, dont add any more to it.
I want to grow some really cool pet, and people your taking that away from me.

Strom Beetle is a crowned pet if you add it, then you should add all the other crowned pets, and the Death Scarab was only for the twitter winners first, then everyone got one from the Pokemon Marathon on Cartoon Network.

SO NO! Don't Add them to the List!

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
50
Yeah....
No death scarab
No Storm Scarab
to the list.

A storm scarab was (Yes i'm repeating this)
a crown item for what? 1 crown, when everyone
got 25 or something crowns because of like
the millionth person fiona or something.
This was before the shop came out.
This was RIGHT before zeke was in the commons.

Now the death scarab,
I actually, say yes or no for this one.
It is not available anymore.
Neither is the storm scarab, but you could buy it with crowns!
The death scarab was available for twitter winnings,
but I didnt participate in it.
I was watching the Pokemon marathon cause I WANTED TO!
and I didnt even know about the event at that time.
Hehe.



Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
9
Dear Professor Greyrose,

I see that from this post if people complain alot they get there wish. Example: Jester on central post a poll bout not letting rare pets be hatchble, and the poll between dont allow and allow were pretty close, but because he is "in charge of central" or so it seems, he close the poll with dont hatch being the higher number. Now you post this. Hmm. Example two: people whine bout treasure cards scams, or treasures in pvp or bolts/chaining, now we are not allow to trade enchanted cards. There wasnt to my knowledge a post as to if players wanted trading with enchanted cards taken out. This makes me sad and even upset, my family also. We give our son enchanted healing cards and sometimes a few other spells for him to have fun killing the baddies. Plz tell what do I need to do to keep having things I love/like about this game being taken away because a few people have not master the attitude to just deal or find a soluation that they can live with, instead of changing the game for their own selfish way.

Should I email KI every week/day bout things I like? So in hopes will counter-act all the negative feedback which the company is trying to plz but making a fun game more and more restrictive.

I feel that because I am not "old player" my opinions and requests are not listen too. We (my husband and I) spend a good bit of money on this game too. But now that it seems that KI is "making" us play mini games to lvl our pets to epic, instead of being only for pet derby, maybe this is not the game I feel in love with in the beginning. Then you have to quest through the whole game and get lvl 48 all to be given an egg that takes 24 hours before you can even see it, that we have TO LVL to get the extra bonuses of that pet?! Lol that would be like you work for a week and on payday your handed a dollar to invest to make your deserve wages. I know this isnt the real world it is just a game, but this is a great game, just needs alittle tweaking, and lol some untweaking.

Sry for the long post, but had to speak up and let it out. Thank you for taking the time to read, I do realize you all are busy, and trying. :-)


Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
71
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose





i think you should get the same pet the other mixer has

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
203
I got another burnzilla with same stats, when I mixed my helephant with my burnzilla. All I got was another burnzilla with a burnzilla card. Please fix it so we get something different or the same pet but with the stats of the other one. Also please allow if we can't find people to make pets with allow us to mix our own pets.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
2
im just not playing because the mini games are boring and besides, my level WAS 20 NOW i cant go to grizzlehiem.

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
109
Professor Greyrose:

You've said certain limited / special pets won't manifest in hatched offspring, but what about holiday pets like the Black Cat or the Holiday Elf?

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
18
I know that black cats will manifest--I crossed a shardtail dragon with a black cat and got a black cat.

people are getting totally NEW pets by crossing the pets Professor Greyrose listed and some other non-listed special pets.

Thank you so much KI--this is so totally cool!

Tara Wildflower

Defender
Dec 12, 2008
106
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose
Are you saying you can't hatch those? KI lied they said you could makeyour own pets! and you just get one of the mom or dad like thing like Firecat and Piggle make Firecat?
so uh, bye?

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
2
Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
70
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose


80,000 is allot of gold i only have 115,100 idk or something like that. How about at least 2,546 gold to mix pets? And I have another question. When you say rare pets, do you mean those lvl 50 ones? Can they mix and match or not? I'm confused :?

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
2
80,000 gold is WAY to much gold to mix pets please change to 1,000-10,000 gold

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
10
80000 for hatching something rare is good, it keeps a rare race rare.
1000-10000 would be nice for common pets to hatch.
Also I think leveling a pet takes too much time for the lousy bonus of +1% damage, or +9mana.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
10
I wish it didn't cost so much to hatch, I was looking forward to hatching. But I only got like 10k.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
8
firise wrote:
80000 for hatching something rare is good, it keeps a rare race rare.
1000-10000 would be nice for common pets to hatch.
Also I think leveling a pet takes too much time for the lousy bonus of +1% damage, or +9mana.

no 80,000 is not good all that means is that the people that have an unlimited amount of time to play or the people with the credit cards will be the ones getting them. not everyone has the luxury of nothing else to do except farm gold for hours on end or pull out a credit card to get a pet. I still say it should be brought down to 25,000-50,000. It will still take people a bit of time to get the gold together but low enough so that it keeps people interested.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
1
illuminatiee wrote:
firise wrote:
80000 for hatching something rare is good, it keeps a rare race rare.
1000-10000 would be nice for common pets to hatch.
Also I think leveling a pet takes too much time for the lousy bonus of +1% damage, or +9mana.

no 80,000 is not good all that means is that the people that have an unlimited amount of time to play or the people with the credit cards will be the ones getting them. not everyone has the luxury of nothing else to do except farm gold for hours on end or pull out a credit card to get a pet. I still say it should be brought down to 25,000-50,000. It will still take people a bit of time to get the gold together but low enough so that it keeps people interested.


Agreed 80,000 [I presume per player...as I don't have 80,000 gold to see] is far too high. I am level 47, and have about 20,000 gold right now. I doubt that I will try to save up another 60,000 if I am only going to get my same pet back [I do understand that it may have the characteristics of the other pet]. 10,000 or 20,000 gold would be similar to monies saved for buying a house, and is reasonable. Also, my first impression was that crossing two pets could result in "millions" of different pets...that doesn't seem to be the case.

Tnx

Survivor
May 02, 2009
1
I was really looking forward to the advanced pet expansion, especially the hatchery. HOWEVER, after spending countless times feeding my pet and playing mini-games just so I can make it qualify, I find that it costs 80000 gold to hatch. This made outraged me. For one thing, I spent maybe an hour of nothing but mini-games, spending crowns for potions and such. And now I have found that I have completley wasted my time, since finding that quantity of gold is pretty much impossible. I demand this price to be lowered drasticly or to be completley removed. The constant spending of gold and crowns at random times just kills the fun out of the whole expansion.