Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Report unusual game performance and access concerns here

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
Trying to increase happiness feeding snacks to pet via the maze game, but the happiness bar is not increasing; please advise thanks.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
Hello,
I've recently noticed that there is a particular wand type in the game that causes the wizards face to become odd. The wand type I'm referring to is the one where the wizard has the wand levitating in their hand. Some examples of this type of wand is the Mirrorsphere Relic and the Regal Token of Luminosity. When holding these wands, the wizards facial expressions change in a way that doesn't happen when holding the other standard wand types such as the staffs and the handheld regular wands; their eyes constantly are looking to the left and their mouths become half open to the point where you can see their teeth. If this issue could be resolved so that these wands do not change the effects of the facial expressions of the wizard I wouldn't be turned off from using them.

Here is an example of the normal face: https://imgur.com/Y4l6hhL
Here is what the wizard face looks holding these types of wands: https://imgur.com/tEZ2tnohttps://imgur.com/tEZ2tno

Survivor
Sep 11, 2014
danteyay on Mar 31, 2021 wrote:
Hello,
I've recently noticed that there is a particular wand type in the game that causes the wizards face to become odd. The wand type I'm referring to is the one where the wizard has the wand levitating in their hand. Some examples of this type of wand is the Mirrorsphere Relic and the Regal Token of Luminosity. When holding these wands, the wizards facial expressions change in a way that doesn't happen when holding the other standard wand types such as the staffs and the handheld regular wands; their eyes constantly are looking to the left and their mouths become half open to the point where you can see their teeth. If this issue could be resolved so that these wands do not change the effects of the facial expressions of the wizard I wouldn't be turned off from using them.

Here is an example of the normal face: https://imgur.com/Y4l6hhL
Here is what the wizard face looks holding these types of wands: https://imgur.com/tEZ2tnohttps://imgur.com/tEZ2tno
I can't remember if I posted the same issue on boards or I emailed them, but it didn't get solved I guess.

I have noticed it too. Also notice how they run differently, it's weird as well and how they spin, they are frozen then spin around. It's Very disturbing and I stopped using my crystal for that reason :/

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Casting mass spells to fix plant needs consistently causes the game to freeze, and I have to X-out the now not-responding game (though sometimes I can successfully go to a different location e.g. the commons, and then it works fine). My house then does not load for a few moments if I try to return.

Notably though, this only happens once a day -- once I return to my house and continue gardening, I don't run into further issues other than a slight slowdown with gardening spells.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2021
I am having a problem with the game suddenly freezing as my wizard goes through a doorway or portal. When it happens, I can click the escape button but I can't change realms because there are no realms listed, nor can I quit the game. It just stays stuck in the portal. To get out I have to do 'control, alt, delete" to pull up task manager and end the game. This has happened to all 4 of my wizards and on different worlds over the last week or so.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2021
Update: this is getting worse as it is happening more often. Yesterday it happened when my fire wizard was trying to enter the Ironworks, this morning it happened when my death wizard was trying to see the Headmaster, and this evening it happened when my fire wizard was trying to leave the Ironworks. This is starting to get just a little ridiculous. Since I just bought a year-long membership I am starting to wonder if I wasted my money.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2021
Another update: this is still happening, and is a daily occurrence. It has now happened when I was trying to change realms, and several times when I was going in or out of a building. The most recent was about 5 minutes ago when I was trying to enter the library to take part in the deckathalon. When it happens, if I wait long enough, I get a message saying "Area Closed. Try again later." There are two buttons as well, one says OK, one says Quit. If I click on OK I just stay stuck right where I am. If I click on Quit, I entirely leave the game. SOME kind of response or suggestion would be very nice as I am really getting tired of this.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2021
Since the Spring 2021 Update, I have experienced consistent crashing any time I attempt to open a minigame (either through silver chests or at the fairgrounds), and I've experienced several crashes in the bazaar when trying to click on items in my own inventory to sell.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2020
Sparck on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
Please post all concerns about unusual game access or performance issues around maintenance periods, game updates, etc., in a reply to this thread. Do not create a new thread.

Please only post unusual server game game related instances. Any local computer or Internet connection troubles should be reported to your ISP or computer provider if possible.

There are several resources on our Support Portal that may aid in diagnosing local issues:

https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Thanks!
Game keeps crashing when I try to play my new character who is on the tutorial

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
Please post all concerns about unusual game access or performance issues around maintenance periods, game updates, etc., in a reply to this thread. Do not create a new thread.

Please only post unusual server game game related instances. Any local computer or Internet connection troubles should be reported to your ISP or computer provider if possible.

There are several resources on our Support Portal that may aid in diagnosing local issues:

Thanks!
Hello Spark, I noticed after updating to the new game build 1.19 a few days ago that the games in the pet pavilion aren’t working correctly, such as the dance one.

Also sometimes when I click to go to my house, I have the press the button twice for my house teleport to activate.

Also I hope that the lagging problem in gameplay has been resolved, I just claimed my membership and do not want the game to be working extremely slow after about 4-5 hours or shutdown unexpectedly.

The game keeps on minimizing to my screen and displaying an error message, I really hope you can fix that problem so it does not happen again when I am questing on the new content I have been waiting months for.

Thank you

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011

Thanks!
Hi Spark, I have a few gameplay bugs that are really frustrating me.

One problem is whenever I enter a mini game for potions, the game crashes and gives an bug report.

The other problem is that whenever I open a Silver Chest the game crashed and shuts down.

Please fix these problems, I am tired of my game crashing, I am on Mac 2020 13” macOS Big Sur.

Thank you

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Hi hi,

Since reinstalling the game on my Mac the other day to solve the login screen problem, my game crashing is becoming more and more frequent. It would typically only happen after many hours of playing before the reinstall. Yesterday it happened probably a couple of times, and today it happened quite a lot. Once was in a busy realm in the Commons, then probably 45 minutes later during a PvP match in someone's castle. I logged off and then came back on later, and I'd only been logged in for a few minutes to do some gardening when it kicked me out. Then I went into the Catacombs to buy gear recipes and was kicked maybe 10 minutes later. Upon logging in again after that, it immediately crashed within a minute of playing.

I'm wondering if there was another update released (related to solving the login problem) interfering and if I should reinstall the game again, or if it could be something wrong with my system instead (my Mac has always had some trouble running the game since it's not a gaming computer).

I'm hoping the crashing doesn't continue, since all of my lag problems prior to the reinstall have been fixed and I'm just now getting to enjoy a smooth game :)

Brianna SpiritBreeze 140

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Currently having massive gameplay slowdown issues since 4/24/21. My computer meets all the updated specs requirements and things had started off very smooth since the Spring update, but now I am experiencing about a 2 second delay in any real "interaction" with the game. Like the movement and response of my wizard is unaffected but every plant I harvest has a 2 second delay before I can harvest the next one. Every time I discard a spell, 2 second delay before it happens. Every time I buy something at auction, 2 second delay. It makes very simple parts of the game MASSIVELY slow. Has anyone found a fix? It seems to be affecting some users but not others. My friend, who has a worse PC than me, is not experiencing any issues.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Can't play any minigames for refilling potions. As soon as I pick the game to play, my client crashes and I have to instead buy potion refills with gold.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2014
Hi, I'm currently experiencing two issues that I'm not sure is affecting anyone else, both issues are visual bugs that appeared after the Spring update

The first issue is when I open the chat log, the game lowers the framerate cap from 60fps to 30fps. Just pressing the O key to open and close the chat log instantly changes this cap

The second issue is with Bloom, it appears to be broken and I can't enable it anymore, I can switch it on but there is no change

I have to keep the chat closed to keep the game smooth and the game looks very bleak and washed out without Bloom

Survivor
Apr 16, 2020
The plant them all spell is not working. I was finally able to log back in the game an hour ago. Apparently this is the fastest ever you have fixed a bug for Mac users like me. Congrats on that. Everything looks brighter and shinier.
I am the first one to complain all the time, but when things are done well all I can do is praise you now. I did not think it would be this fast and looking forward to pvp now that I have seen those changes.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Hi all,
Has anyone else had this problem?

When I click OFF 'full screen' in options, instead of having my desktop toolbar at the bottom, the game diminishes to one quarter screen. I used to be able to switch easily between Firefox and Wiz101. I could lookup problems and troubleshoot on Google, and get back to the game. Now I'm cutoff, because 'full screen' ON is my only option.

This problem started with the new spring update. I reported it almost 2 weeks ago. Any progress yet?

Thank you, I love this game!

Morgon Moonstone level 140

Survivor
Apr 16, 2020
This is the second day in a row. I have been tried to get a pvp match and every few minutes it is the same message. The match invitation has expired and that I have been returned to the queue. I waited for over 2 hours yesterday and nothing and today so far same thing. I am a Mac user and I don't know if this is a bug or not.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2020
I pressed no match against anyone outside my level. And you matched me against a level 140 when I am level 99. In what world that is same level. You advertised the changes as if you have fixed the pvp system, and that was the only saving grace of this update since EVERYBODY hates the pve changes and pvp is exactly as bad as it used to be or worse. How is that an "update."

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
UltraFlare911 on Apr 25, 2021 wrote:

One problem is whenever I enter a mini game for potions, the game crashes and gives an bug report.

The other problem is that whenever I open a Silver Chest the game crashed and shuts down.

Please fix these problems, I am tired of my game crashing, I am on Mac 2020 13” macOS Big Sur.

Thank you
Hello Spark, I noticed yesterday that when I was in Beastmoon Hunt Monster Mayhem and in the Arena that there kept on being a server disconnect or failure to connect to it.

It would be great if you could fix that, also the server disconnect caused my go home button to give me a wait time after going to my house.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
UltraFlare911 on Apr 25, 2021 wrote:

Thank you
What does this mean that I should be posting these posts around Maintenance Periods, where do I post to get answers on the forum?

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
UltraFlare911 on May 11, 2021 wrote:
What does this mean that I should be posting these posts around Maintenance Periods, where do I post to get answers on the forum?
I believe this is just an always open thread where you report issues post maintenance. They won't respond, it is moreso like a ballot box and you're slipping a piece of paper in with the issue and they look into it. If you're looking for interaction for an issue I recommend contacting support.

P.S. Sparck: I've been noticing a spike in connection issues and lag after the maintenance. I've also been noticing more frequent fizzling among my wizards.

Administrator
Dakota Sky on May 12, 2021 wrote:
I believe this is just an always open thread where you report issues post maintenance. They won't respond, it is moreso like a ballot box and you're slipping a piece of paper in with the issue and they look into it. If you're looking for interaction for an issue I recommend contacting support.

P.S. Sparck: I've been noticing a spike in connection issues and lag after the maintenance. I've also been noticing more frequent fizzling among my wizards.
Thanks Dakota for the report. Let us know if it's continued since the last couple of updates.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
I recently have been having reoccurring infinite loading screens where a loading screen just sits stuck forever and I can't do anything so I have to exit the game.

This wasn't a problem earlier today or before the updates recently so I'm not sure whats happening, but I know that its a problem that happens every year.

Survivor
May 28, 2020
Kimberly Mistheart on Sep 3, 2020 wrote:
August 2020~
Hello.
I couldn't find a posting about this under "Halston's Laboratory" so if it's there, I apologize. I'm not good with technology.

For the last few months at least, the game is randomly stealing my turn (PvE). (been gone a while, could have been happening for a while). My spells will come up during battle for me to choose from, but before I can click on one, it skips to the NPC enemy's turn. (This is not a situation of a cheating boss or mob or anything like that, though). I'm literally in the middle of my turn and it gets yanked away, goes to the NPC enemy and they complete their round. I've talked to other players randomly in the game and this is happening to them, too.

Pertinent info:
1-Appears to happen randomly. It's not a consistent every wizard/school/level/world/area/enemy or specific day/time thing, at least in my experience.
2-Occurs once to 5 times a day, again totally random.

Please look into this. I know when its a "random" issue it can be nearly impossible to diagnose what is going on but when it happens, it is really aggravating.
Thanks in advance :)
Hmm I multitask a lot, but there have been times I think I have only been away for a few seconds but when I go to click my card it immediately shifts to the computer turn. I have thought that I must have been mistaken about how long I was on another screen....but now I think this has been happening to me as well because there is no way I have lost track of time as often as it has been skipping my turn. I never reported it because without watching specifically I was just not sure it wasn't my fault.