Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Report unusual game performance and access concerns here

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2020
I have a Mac and I just recently downloaded the game on my computer and when I log in it gets stuck on patch configurator and I let it be for a couple minutes yet I still had no response. the actual loading screen was still going through all the advertisements. not sure what to do

Survivor
Dec 02, 2019
In the last few days, when logging in to Wizard101, I get a message that I cannot connect to servers. Usually, entering my password a second time resolves this. This has happened consistently, and hasn't happened before this week.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
For the fourth time today, I cannot log into Wizard101. When I type my user name and password, I get this:

"Error 121: Unable to connect to Wizard101."

then:

"Solution 121: There was a failure connecting to Wizard101. The Wizard101 game may be offline. Try again after a few minutes or check our Message Boards for downtime announcements."

I checked, there are no announcements. I've run my cleaner, and a security check-it's not me, it's KI. Guess I won't be getting anymore scroll of fortune points today.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2014
Snee432 on Nov 4, 2020 wrote:
For the fourth time today, I cannot log into Wizard101. When I type my user name and password, I get this:

then:

"Solution 121: There was a failure connecting to Wizard101. The Wizard101 game may be offline. Try again after a few minutes or check our Message Boards for downtime announcements."

I checked, there are no announcements. I've run my cleaner, and a security check-it's not me, it's KI. Guess I won't be getting anymore scroll of fortune points today.
I got this problem twice today. Both after the maintenance was over. Same message, same solution code.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Frequent problems connecting with the game's launcher the past day or so. As mentioned by others today.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I've been experiencing game launcher issues as well. It usually starts working again if I wait a few minutes + try logging in 2-3 more times, but it's worth mentioning that this has only started occurring for me over the past two days, so I suspect it has something to do with the update...

Survivor
Feb 24, 2020
Currently having horrible lag issues and launcher hiccups. Usually have to type in password twice to get game to run and cast gardening spells multiple times to get them to stick (luckily doesn't seem to waste extra energy). What DOES waste energy is fishing or pet games - the timing keeps delaying for catching fish so I can't catch anything (though fishing is currently free, so not as much of a waste atm); playing any pet game is so horrible, I used to consistently get 4 stars every maze but now I have to go over the same treat two, three, even FOUR times to get the point, so leveling up my pets is impossible

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Snee432 on Nov 4, 2020 wrote:

then:

Both my husband and I are getting these lately. Given we have limited time to play, it's really frustrating and annoying.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I have the same issues with both the website, launcher, and Grub Guardian with logging in. I've found it's actually faster to close the launcher (or the tab) out and restart it and logging in again.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2013
I have found a strange bug regarding specifically deer knight and it could apply to other spells but I'm not sure, I'm noticing that some of my hits are actually hitting for critical damage despite me not critting. For example I put a blade on and hit a glacial avenger for 450 something and then hit the second glacial avenger for 900 something and also when I did crit I hit one for 900 something and the other for 450 something. Just thought I'd post this here but in summary it seems that I sometimes randomly hit for critical damage despite not critting in the first place and vice versa.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
Bug with selling TC from "Quick Sell"
Today I needed to make room in my TC to accept more drops - Went to use the Quick Sell and I could not select just a few of a specific card. When I clicked on the card, all got checked. Tried several times to select just a few, nope all of that selected card, or none. There used to be a pop-up asking if you want to sell all of that card and you could click no. Not today - they all get clicked. Either quick sell all, or un click and keep them all.
Is this a glitch? Do I now need to go to the Bazaar if I only want to sell a few of a specific card, or just delete and not sell? - which is what I ended up doing - deleted about 60 TC.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
I've tried multiple times to access Black Licorice Forest and cannot gain entry. I have logged out and back on again and still it will not let me enter. I have ported home and back, still nothing.

(Update) It was my own fault. I somehow got off main quest and the side quest couldn't be done at that point. There is, however, a genuine glitch at the dock leading to Gumdrop forest.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
What happened to the horns color options? I had mine orange, now they're the weird pastel sherbert orange shade that hair is after bleaching accidents. Can you put the colors back the way they were?

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I don’t have a quest finder anymore. I thought it was just because I had gotten all the quests but I saw someone with a side quest in karamelle. I tried going to different worlds to see if it was a world-specific thing but my quest finder just vanished.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
The boss boss bunny in the new world in the caves does his cheats go off with out Waring and kills team in 2 hits i don't know if any one is seeing the same thing but can you guys look at it plz and thank you if any one else is heaving the same problem plz let them know like i did cause it might be a big bug

Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
Update 1:37am 11/22/2020 The boss boss bunny in the new world in the caves does his cheats go off with out Waring and kills team in 2 hits i don't know if any one is seeing the same thing but can you guys look at it plz and thank you if any one else is heaving the same problem plz let them know like i did cause it might be a big bug and i just did it again and it did the same thing and i had a team of 3 players and it was not that bad in test realm i didnt see it but now i do and i would saw that this is an alpha bug cause it inner fearing with my game play now two times this boss was never this hard in the test realm and we got the bunny boss down to about 10% to 5% hp left and he just killed us with out warring of a cheat. cant even go and come back with out him killing us again. i cant go on in tell this is fixed. plz fix it or make it so we can pass it

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
I cannot open the game whatsoever. I press play after logging in and it goes to a white screen like it is loading the menu but then it says an error has occurred. I reported the error when prompted and I have even redownloaded the game and restarted my computer, but I get the same problem over and over again.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I cannot progress beyond "What's the farm?" due to a game breaking bug.

When I enter the Silo I'm expected to play a minigame, namely "Choo-choo Zoo" and then when I finally get inside the quest tracker is telling me to enter the second room of the farm.

I beat all the Apple Brudels, and when I left the Silo it was telling me once again to enter the Silo. As if I hadn't even entered it already and beaten every Brudel inside, all the way to the top.

I reported it an entire day ago, made a support ticket, contacted Ratbeard on Twitter, and I've now uploaded video proof of the glitch on my Twitter.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
I cannot open the game whatsoever. I press play after logging in and it goes to a white screen like it is loading the menu but then it says an error has occurred. I reported the error when prompted and I have even redownloaded the game and restarted my computer, but I get the same problem over and over again.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2019
Kimberly Mistheart on Sep 3, 2020 wrote:
August 2020~
Hello.
I couldn't find a posting about this under "Halston's Laboratory" so if it's there, I apologize. I'm not good with technology.

For the last few months at least, the game is randomly stealing my turn (PvE). (been gone a while, could have been happening for a while). My spells will come up during battle for me to choose from, but before I can click on one, it skips to the NPC enemy's turn. (This is not a situation of a cheating boss or mob or anything like that, though). I'm literally in the middle of my turn and it gets yanked away, goes to the NPC enemy and they complete their round. I've talked to other players randomly in the game and this is happening to them, too.

Pertinent info:
1-Appears to happen randomly. It's not a consistent every wizard/school/level/world/area/enemy or specific day/time thing, at least in my experience.
2-Occurs once to 5 times a day, again totally random.

Please look into this. I know when its a "random" issue it can be nearly impossible to diagnose what is going on but when it happens, it is really aggravating.
Thanks in advance :)
This was still happening a few days ago.

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
Game is constantly freezing. Especially during a duel. I have died three times waiting for game to continue. I mostly have to log out and return only to have the same thing happen. Getting very annoyed. Also it doesn't give me a chance to pick a spell I want to cast. Please fix this problem soon. I know for sure it is not my internet because I can still check if I am connected or not.

Savannah
Life lvl 99

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
I just came back to W101 and the problem I am experiencing is an Extreme Lag. Game Freezes a lot (skips combat animation), when questing there are a lot of visual bugs (players going through walls - teleporting around. I got the latest OMEN HP desktop (high specs). My internet isn't bad either (easily stream HD movies on multiple devices) can play any other online games with no lag. I am not sure why no one talks about this. I see Kingsisle being super quick to come up with packs (anything that makes them extra cash), but when an actual problem is there, ignoring is not going to make it go away.

Thank you if this has not been censored!

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
11/27: 11:30 pm CT.

Dropped my connection mid-fight with that red "broken chain" icon, and when I try to get back in, it says "Area Closed". Did not see any service disruptions on twitter. PS. Please do not question my internet connection. It's fine.

Survivor
May 31, 2017
Game keeps disconnecting. I couldn't get back into the game for 15 minutes last time. It kept saying the area was closed. I finally got on and a few friends had disconnected, too. We just disconnected again. Can you do a quick reboot? Thanks.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Um, I was in the middle of a Beastmoon game with 2 friends in my group and out of nowhere Wiz closed just like that.
It paused for maybe 2 seconds as I just walked out of the base after being defeated and out of nowhere the game closes on me. I have never had this particular issue happen to me but been hearing it happen to everyone else.

Now I am logging back onto the game to see what damage this has brought upon me.

I did enter with 666 points so perhaps something supernatural was at play here.

I have a penalty currently at 8 minutes 57 seconds

I miss out on Lunari now and my team is now Missing a player (me). Not cool.