Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spring 2021 Update - Please LINK new issues here

AuthorMessage
Administrator
ONLY FOR SPRING UPDATE CHANGES AND NEW CONTENT

These reports can come from Halston's Laboratory here in the official forums, the Wizard101 Central forums, social media, or any officially recognized fansite.

LATEST KNOWN ISSUES (New issues will be added to the top of the list)
This list is only for issues. Please let us know about any others not on this list by replying below with a link to an existing post with the details.

PLEASE LINK IN A REPLY ONLY EXISTING POSTS FROM ELSEWHERE

Thanks for helping to make this a great update for all Wizards!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
In this Topic, I posted some Beastmoon Mayhem bugs:
www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/beastmoon-mayhem-and-quick-chat-8ad6a42477f2493f0177fdf2d64143cd

- Spellements - The new spellements gotten from beastmoon seeds and winning Waves - I do not know where to find these in my inventory. Where are our Spellements?
- The badge for Mayhem win count - It is still stuck and not counting our wins.
- Clockfathers badge - It reset to zero! I was so close to 100 (was at either 96 or 97) and now zero. (my other wizard already had Clock Puppet badge and still does). Can we all please have our clockfathers badge count restored?

Players want the Clockfathers badge restored pronto!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Bug: dark pact item card only gives one 35% blade instead of two 35% blades as it says on the item card description posted early today but will link here

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/dark-pact-item-cards-are-not-working-as-intended-8ad6a42578f3767b0178fa159a541fc9?page=1

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I am having an issue where the game crashes upon initialization. I haven't been able to load the game in three or four days. It says "initializing" then crashes.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello,

I'm just going to list Critical related bugs here. They are largely related to the issue of the
  1. Critical UI Issues
  2. Vengeance Spell
  3. Critical AOE Hits

Items 1 and 3, I feel are "features" that are not understood and therefore are negatively impacting the user experience (and being classified as bugs). Item 2 is just a flat out bug. However regarding items 1 and 3, if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck.... (or in this case bug).

Critical UI Issues Related posts:

Blocking Errors
to some extent: Critical with AoE Spells
We Need to Talk About Critical

Vengeance Posts

Vengeance aura not in Display of Critical Chance
There were other posts about this in the Test Realm Forum, but they have been archived. I know there was one by me (exp613) and another by Robobot1747 (Also from Test, this applies to the Shadow Trickster Spell it also needs a rework).

Critical AOE Issues:

Critical with AoE Spells
Major Bug in Critical and Block Update
possible crit bug???
Critical and sandstorm issue
Inconsistent AOE Damage
New Critical Ratings
We Need to Talk about Critical

It would be helpful to make it so that AoE's critical on all enemies (unless the enemy blocks) or if they don't block the damage multiplier is reduced as described in the Developer Diary. The "crit fail" in my mind is when you don't critical and hence the cap at 95% "critical accuracy". Vengeance/Trickster just needs a rework. Having it be some sort of scalar so that it is viable at multiple levels I feel like would be useful (that way if someone wants to use it they can). The UI might need to show a different value for the Block. I feel that showing the "chance to block" or the "total chance of scenario out of 100" so that it adds to 100 would be more beneficial than the current "chance for a person to critical and have it successfully blocked" that it is.

I have also seen requests for people wanting the Block spell for PVE, but it's locked behind PVP.

TLDR: If a spell Criticals and does the Critical Animation they expect to Critical on all enemies unless the enemy blocks and does the Block Animation. Vengeance is broken. The UI is not conducive to 12 year olds and 20+ year olds that don't want to do math.

Help us Ratbeard, you're our only hope...

Thanks all!

exp613

Survivor
Mar 22, 2020
Suri Wind on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
I am having an issue where the game crashes upon initialization. I haven't been able to load the game in three or four days. It says "initializing" then crashes.
I am having the same issue. Everything worked fine on my MacBook Pro until 3 days ago; now nothing. I have tried uninstall/reinstall and still nothing. I get the "initializing" dialog box, then nothing. Come on, developers! Mac people are gamers too!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
More Critical Posts:

Why is Critical so bad?
There is also a plethora of feedback about this on Twitter and Reddit (not linked here)

Untrainable Trainable Spells

Same Issue as Elemental Golem but with Thieving Dragon (available for Training Points, but not trainable)
Thieving Dragon

Beastmoon Spellements Issues:

Spellements from Beastmoon
Beastmon mayhem spellement glitch

Beastmoon Hasty Harvest Glitch

Bug-Hasty Harvest Appearing in Beastmoon Decks
Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Issues (Note: This contains other issues too, i.e. Badge issues)
Hasty Harvest TC

Teleport Particles not being displayed

Time to Leaf Teleport Effect

Team Up Volunteer Issues

Volunteer Team Up Bugs
Team Up Volunteer Not Working? Long Wait Times
cross icon encapsulating wizard name (unaware of feature)

Issues with Insane Bolt Change
There is also feedback available on Twitter, but it is not linked here.
Hope this helps KingsIsle team! We appreciate your hardwork!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
exp613 on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
Hello,

I'm just going to list Critical related bugs here. They are largely related to the issue of the
  1. Critical UI Issues
  2. Vengeance Spell
  3. Critical AOE Hits

Items 1 and 3, I feel are "features" that are not understood and therefore are negatively impacting the user experience (and being classified as bugs). Item 2 is just a flat out bug. However regarding items 1 and 3, if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck.... (or in this case bug).

Critical UI Issues Related posts:

Blocking Errors
to some extent: Critical with AoE Spells
We Need to Talk About Critical

Vengeance Posts

Vengeance aura not in Display of Critical Chance
There were other posts about this in the Test Realm Forum, but they have been archived. I know there was one by me (exp613) and another by Robobot1747 (Also from Test, this applies to the Shadow Trickster Spell it also needs a rework).

Critical AOE Issues:

Critical with AoE Spells
Major Bug in Critical and Block Update
possible crit bug???
Critical and sandstorm issue
Inconsistent AOE Damage
New Critical Ratings
We Need to Talk about Critical

It would be helpful to make it so that AoE's critical on all enemies (unless the enemy blocks) or if they don't block the damage multiplier is reduced as described in the Developer Diary. The "crit fail" in my mind is when you don't critical and hence the cap at 95% "critical accuracy". Vengeance/Trickster just needs a rework. Having it be some sort of scalar so that it is viable at multiple levels I feel like would be useful (that way if someone wants to use it they can). The UI might need to show a different value for the Block. I feel that showing the "chance to block" or the "total chance of scenario out of 100" so that it adds to 100 would be more beneficial than the current "chance for a person to critical and have it successfully blocked" that it is.

I have also seen requests for people wanting the Block spell for PVE, but it's locked behind PVP.

TLDR: If a spell Criticals and does the Critical Animation they expect to Critical on all enemies unless the enemy blocks and does the Block Animation. Vengeance is broken. The UI is not conducive to 12 year olds and 20+ year olds that don't want to do math.

Help us Ratbeard, you're our only hope...

Thanks all!

exp613
The link to the dev diary is from October 2020. Is there a new one for the current spring 2021 update? My critical and block worked fine on Monday but Tuesday it would not block and I barely hit criticals and can't stay a live. My fire was a powerhouse now it's got the power of a noob and I'm in Karamelle. Would like to understand the new changes that took effect with the patch on Tuesday.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Kimberly Mistheart on Apr 28, 2021 wrote:
The link to the dev diary is from October 2020. Is there a new one for the current spring 2021 update? My critical and block worked fine on Monday but Tuesday it would not block and I barely hit criticals and can't stay a live. My fire was a powerhouse now it's got the power of a noob and I'm in Karamelle. Would like to understand the new changes that took effect with the patch on Tuesday.
Hi Kimberly,

I know that others currently share your frustration and confusion, (see Twitter, Reddit or other social media) especially when changes are being implemented seemingly at random.

I linked the Dev Diary that talked about Critical Changes just for reference about what the intended changes were for Critical.

Here is a link to the April Diary which is not focused on critical (It talks about "Meta Changes" and predominantly Damage and Resist Caps/Limits and Spell Audits.) It can be found here:

Dev Diary Meta Mayhem

You can also look at the other Dev Diary's and Producer's Letters by using the "select a different post option" at the top of the page.

Thanks!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Please fix the Team Up already! Lower level wizards are having the hardest time finding a team-up.

Restore our clockfathers badge progress.

Count our Mayhem wins so we can get the badge.

Hey, do you all know we are being cheated out of consolation hatch peppers during the double reagent member benefit? It is over a year this has been reported Check this link here and read what how a game developer said this benefit should be working (here's a spoiler: we should be receiving 4 consolation peppers, yet we get only 1).
www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/shortchanged-on-hatch-peppers-8ad6a42770149c3e01702909cdd4425d/8ad6a42770149c3e01702909cdd8425e?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a42770149c3e01702909cdd8425e

I have reported this hatch pepper miscount many times over.

When are these and other issues going to be tended to?

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Please fix the Astrologer Rat Pet animations.. They do not look very good in the current state, very buggy and not right.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/astrologer-pack-rat-pet-glitches-8ad6a425793b9b3a0179597d69f419d2?page=1

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
In recent Mayhem events, wave 3 has gotten the most terrible lag ever imaginable in all the Spiral. Many players can barely move or even type to talk. We walk into walls and it is just as difficult picking a spell card.

Please address this issue and fix it.

Here is the link:

www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/beastmoon-mayhem-wave-3-lag-8ad6a425793b9b3a01798ef886d074d5?page=1#getPostLikeHistory_8ad6a425793b9b3a01798ef886e874d7

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Here is link to this issue:
www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/clock-puppet-clockfathers-badge-reset-beastmoon-mayhem-8ad6a426793b9b3901798b534bb415fc?page=1#getPostLikeHistory_8ad6a426793b9b3901798b534bb715fd

Those who have not reached the Clock Puppet badge had it reset to 0/100.

This affects the team as some will mainly go for the goal of getting this badge completed rather than helping with a battle.
Please give us our badge count back!

My ice wizard was at 97/100 clockfathers and now has to start this badge all over again.
I have since gotten 6 clockfathers so it is very disappointing knowing I should have earned this badge by now.
This badge is found on page 21/23 of Beastmoon badges.

I would like a dev to respond to this as Support guided me to post here.