Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New critical ratings

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2017
Hi, I have been playing Wizard101 for a while now and I have always enjoyed the way the critical ratings worked. I understood that getting your critical rating to a certain point would guarantee you critical every time. Sure it was frustrating when I wouldn’t critical, but I at least knew that when I did critical, it would apply to everyone. I am now noticing that every time I critical with a character that doesn’t have a 100% chance to critical, it doesn’t apply the critical boost to every mob I hit with an attack. It also does not work on everyone for heals, it will sometimes just choose a couple people to boost the heal on. I’m not even sure if it works 100% of the time on my storm that has 100% crit rating, haven’t payed enough attention on that character yet to see if this is the case as well. I am very frustrated with how this works since now I not only don’t know when I will critical on some characters, i don’t even know if it will apply to every mob. I always was excited when I did critical because I knew it would pretty much double the damage for the whole attack. Now when I critical I’m not as excited since I figure it will miss some people or even the boss. This update took a lot of fun out of the game. I know you guys are trying to expand room for more gear or something for high level wizards so that the “fun can continue”, and you are trying to balance critical block(which I never paid attention to that much) but by so doing you took a huge chunk of fun out of the entire game for all characters of every level. I’m not even sure im wanting to continue playing the game that much due to this....please change critical back to the way it used to work!!!

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
So I've been playing this game for quite a while but recently I've started to notice that sometimes my character will hit critical while playing against two of the same minions - same stats, level, all that good stuff - and mine hits critical but when I look at the damage for both the minions, it's like one actually got hit with it, and one didn't. Like, the numbers are uneven. Has anyone else noticed that? It keeps throwing me off, because it's not like I'll get any "Critical Blocked" indicators - it just doesn't get affected. And this isn't on any high level worlds, it's in like, Dragonspyre and Celestia, before the minions even get critical block. I'm just very confused but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it?