Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes to Critical Hit and Critical Block system

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
MADISON461J on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
Pyle1197 on Dec 9, 2015 wrote:
Ok great for storm which can have everything because game is storm biased. Now show me the set for fire because I'm really interested in what you will come up with.

Ok peeps this is so laughable.

You are so correct with your statement. I have storm friends that stats are much better than mine in all categories. This is because of the darkmoor gear. There resist was even boosted compared to other schools.

I know because i had a max level storm which I deleted, because I found the other schools more of a challenge.

Now in regards to the stats now. Storms stats are still better for max level wiz. I routinely see damages of 140 to 150. as well as high criticals. All I can say is be happy storm wizards.

The new changes has crippled my questing ability for most of my wizards. So all i can say is look around and be happy that your hits were not reduced by 45 percent.

If you ask me KI should of just reduced the storm wizards stats. That would of made game more balanced.

It seems no one gets it. Unless you had great stats the critical changes hurt the weaker wizards more. Well let us look at the weaker wizards. lol all schools that are not storm.

*****The changes in critical affect everyone badly***** but storm the least.

People on here want to give there opinions on how to tweek the game this or that way. You only look at it from what benefits yourself.

KI I please ask that you improve critical stats for other schools instead of a blanket adjustment. I see some schools as being able to get to level 200 before there stats are even close to some storm wizards.

OK peeps

I'm sorry if ya think i'm a storm basher. (i'm not) I just get tired of all the it affect me mentality. Instead of it affect us.

Please reply
i not only see your point but feel it.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
@DrVon - DM gear is certainlly optional. You could play PL in Waterworks stuff. IT's not that hard.

@Zachery - the new system isn't based on ratio. 52% chance to block is 48% chance not to block. You're only slightly better off than a coin toss there. Yes, it's random. The math works, chance is chance, as Tucson said.

@Awesome Pyro - The game is playable as it is now, and many things aren't affected. I'd suggest looking at Eric Stormbringer's suggestions, here and on Central and Duelist, he's worked out some good balanced builds for the current meta.

I don't like the crit system change, not because it hugely affects play (it doesn't) but because it didn't address the biggest problems, and won't be sustainable long term, so it's just setting up the need for another change in another 10 or 20 levels. With better planning it would have been easy to make adjustments that could have fixed things once and for all, and been less disruptive.

That said, we can go on with what we have now. The game is still fun, and the new content is great.
sigh, I guess but thx for that.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
Frankly, we should completely drop the block and critical from the game itself. For that matter, let's also drop pierce and other buffs. Let's just play without a bunch of enhancements so that people have to actually learn how to play their own schools. This would make a more even playing field between us and the NPC's, if we're stripped of all the convoluted extra stuff.
what's the fun of having blades, traps, pet skills to enhance your attack and attack enhancing gear if someone can clear a fight with mobs on the 2nd round with a critical on high lvl worlds? i agree with you, maybe we should drop all that stuff of criticals and blocks. even more in pvp, i dont see the skill on depending of criticals to win a match. that's my opinion, of course you people can difer.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Since the update, I have not seen changes at all in regards to block/crit on any of my wizards. No increase in block and no increase in crit.

My Myth, now L102, has been in the K2 areas of Fort Rachias, Crescent Beach, Ruined Alcazar and Sardonyx. During this time, My Myth has blocked critical a total of 3 times in the last 2 days and maybe crit once. Most of my fighting has been sigil hopping from one boss to another. I'd estimate that she didn't block 99.5% of the time.

I have excellent stats, and even with 48% resist across-the-board, I was still getting smacked around with 1500 - 2000+ damage on me with those crits I couldn't block. Many times it happened in the first round, where the enemy goes first, and my health is almost gone by the time it gets to be my turn.

My Ice has been nerfed so much that other schools have higher health, block and resist and other stats than she does. What good is Ice when what they are good at is taken away by all the convoluted garbage that keeps getting added to the game?

Darkmoor is not optional. Just like Grizzleheim and Wintertusk are suppose to be optional, but you have to do your quests there if you want your good crafted gear (WT) and spells (GH, WT)

Obtaining the 'perfect' gear (DM, of course) is long, tedious, and boring. Crafted gear is non-existent for the rigors of Polaris. It's a struggle for the AVERAGE player to compile gear that will barely make it to sub-par. So, where's the fun in that?

My Storm has been sitting at the Rasputin sigil for a week now, waiting to go in. Am I excited about it? No. As much as I loved the journey in getting there (graphics and writing are beyond excellent), the game mechanics and epic cheating burn me out.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
I think there have been suitable changes made to the crit/block system. Before the subscription on my other account expired, I noticed enemies weren't getting near as many criticals, and when they did I was actually able to block some of them. Me personally, that's all I ever wanted to see. I never had a lot of critical, I never depended on winning battles with critical, I just didn't want to die in every battle because I couldn't ever block the unending stream of criticals coming through.

I really don't think this one particular issue is worth quitting over. However what it did do is expose a serious problem. I love this game. It's why I started 2 accounts. But for as much as I love it, there are just so few people who seem to have fun playing it anymore. Minor things become major irritants. In the most recent worlds, people are on edge all the time. You can't have fun under those conditions.

Too many customer needs and KI hasn't come up with a way to balance them. I don't know if they even can. The only solution I can think of to fix PvE is to finally adopt a difficulty selector, at least for dungeons/bosses. Have at least 2 options so that people who want their extreme challenges with carefully selected team members can have their fun, but people who just want to complete quests and move on also have an option that affords them an opportunity of success even without assembling the most stacked team they can find, or without being the best solo strategist ever.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Disappointed. Over a month's worth of complaints and barely anything has been done. This should NOT have left test, and the fact that it did astounds me. I have discussed this system with many players, and if you look at the forums, the ratio of people who dislike it to those who like it are not very positive. Many people have offered great solutions, and I'm sure KI has seen at least SOME of them, yet nothing has been done. I understand that it is difficult to make a game in which millions of people are playing, but we have given you our feedback and we are waiting for a solution. And, if that solution does not arrive soon, people WILL leave. I really do not want this game to die, and I'm sure many others do not. If you are working on a solution, tell us. Tell us what you are doing. If you remain quiet, the backlash will only get worse. I know it takes patience on both the dev's and the player's parts, but we need to hear more from you guys when troubled times like these arrive.

On a more positive note, thank you for making changes to the difficulty of PVE in the spiral. It is much appreciated.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Mike is me on Dec 12, 2015 wrote:
KI,
I'm still very disappointed in the changes especially for Life's critical heals and critical block. The very small heal bonus is worthless given how seldom we critical now. Now that everyone can heal with a Life mastery amulet and a small selection of treasure cards, there isn't anything that Life can do better than other schools to offset our anemic damage spells.

I'm also very disappointed in the very weak new Life spell with very little damage and very little heal. I think most of us have had to give up our higher damage armor to get higher block chances which has made us totally ineffective hitting. What we could use is a high Life damage spell to offset some of the damage we had to give up to get higher block chances. Now KI has taken away most of Life's critical heals then KI should be decent enough to give us an effective damage spell.

Our memberships renewed in early November before all the changes. I'm not sure whether I will be renewing next November. I've probably spent a couple thousand dollars on this game for me and my kids over the last couple years. I have already decided not to spend more money this Christmas on Wizard 101 card packs or crowns, if ever.
I have posted on the Message Boards regarding this issue numerous times, yet nothing has been done to renovate Life's ability to heal effectively.
The very small heal bonus is worthless given how seldom we critical now. Now that everyone can heal with a Life mastery amulet and a small selection of treasure cards, there isn't anything that Life can do better than other schools to offset our anemic damage spells.
Exactly. I have ran out of ways to convey my concerns regarding this matter. I find myself repeating my concerns over and over due to the fact that nothing is being done to fix this dilemma.
This is the end of the game for me. I will not be taking my Exalted Life wizard through Polaris only for his Critical and Critical Block to be reduced further more. I do not like the idea of Critical and Critical Block being reduced as you gain each level—that is something that has to go.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Sarah Waterbreeze on Dec 14, 2015 wrote:
Disappointed. Over a month's worth of complaints and barely anything has been done. This should NOT have left test, and the fact that it did astounds me. I have discussed this system with many players, and if you look at the forums, the ratio of people who dislike it to those who like it are not very positive. Many people have offered great solutions, and I'm sure KI has seen at least SOME of them, yet nothing has been done. I understand that it is difficult to make a game in which millions of people are playing, but we have given you our feedback and we are waiting for a solution. And, if that solution does not arrive soon, people WILL leave. I really do not want this game to die, and I'm sure many others do not. If you are working on a solution, tell us. Tell us what you are doing. If you remain quiet, the backlash will only get worse. I know it takes patience on both the dev's and the player's parts, but we need to hear more from you guys when troubled times like these arrive.

On a more positive note, thank you for making changes to the difficulty of PVE in the spiral. It is much appreciated.
I had to clap when I read this.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2014
I still fully believe that this kind of change to the game which effects everyone in some way shape or form should have been granted it's own test realms. Polaris is a new world and would come with bugs of it's own to deal with. Adding a major change to the game's crit/block mechanics with it was ludicrous and it's execution was and is still being handled very very poorly.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
with the amount of compliants i had hoped KI would've done something by now but i guess not *Sigh* like just put back to the original crit hit & block not like people wanted it changed anyway.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
prettydevil95 on Dec 16, 2015 wrote:
with the amount of compliants i had hoped KI would've done something by now but i guess not *Sigh* like just put back to the original crit hit & block not like people wanted it changed anyway.
well, what they DID fix was to lower to crit hit and crit block monsters have, so when our crits happen, they get blocked less. IMO they should have done this FIRST, before changing the numbers. This would have led to a MUCH happier experience. This thread still being active like this shows people's continued displeasure. I had made a post about this exact thing, just as its own thread

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Ok peeps

On October 29, 2010 there was a post from drake about trying to explain the critical system at that period. The thread was originated by someone that I could tell was a low ranked wiz.

Now was was interesting to me about the post was Drake responded to this thread after only 12 post to give some in-site to the question about critical hit system.

I'm not sure why this is taking so long for a response.

In 2010 Drake explained that the higher level player and gear would increase your critical changes.

Again i don't know and all I can do is speculate why changes occurred.

Personally the ones that were asking the question and did not understand were wanting to walk before they crawled. ( you know like getting the prefect pet with out having to put in the effort of all the failed attempts).

I still content that posters stats should be visual below there name on the post . So people can see what rank and stats they have. ( just because there is an active date does not mean the person has been using his/her account very long or has even the same gear. Discussion should be apples to apples it is not a one sizes fits all.

I can say for me I completely dislike the changes in stats, which overshadow any positives. For the avid player. ( yes before i had great stats)

I think it all boils down to KI was wanting to make people happy playing the game who had not taken the time to learn how to play.

So now we all suffer. So sad . This was and now i do use past tense. My favorite game.
I did not try to improve just to get backed up to a restart or training wheels.

I have given the game with changes a try, as was requested. On a scale of 1 to 10 I find the game slip for a 10 experience down to a 6. I still like the game but I have lost that spark to try to improve my wizard.

Also not hearing anything from KI does not help.

Please respond KI at least let us know you are reading our post. ( and if you agree let us know)

Ok peeps if you agree please respond.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
dayerider on Dec 16, 2015 wrote:
well, what they DID fix was to lower to crit hit and crit block monsters have, so when our crits happen, they get blocked less. IMO they should have done this FIRST, before changing the numbers. This would have led to a MUCH happier experience. This thread still being active like this shows people's continued displeasure. I had made a post about this exact thing, just as its own thread
i agree; the fact that people are still posting here should speak for itself.

as @prettydevil95 said, i also thought that the sheer volume of complaints should also speak for itself. however, it appears that all 20+ pages of complaints between test and live will not be heard.

i miss the days when the game was more fun than work.

-von

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
dayerider on Dec 16, 2015 wrote:
The majority of people contributing to this thread have voiced their displeasure with the new system but there's a fair number, myself included, who don't share that opinion. I don't disagree that the current system might still be flawed but it hasn't kept me from completing the game through Polaris and continuing to enjoy it as much as I ever have. We can go on and on until the cows come home about how the introduction of the new mechanic might have been handled differently. But it wasn't, and it is what it is. Some have decided that because of this they're leaving the game and that is their prerogative. By all means, if you're no longer having fun then that is certainly a legitimate reason to take whatever action you feel necessary. And I truly understand the sentiment of those that have spent real money to build characters that could take advantage of the old system only to have those advantages stripped away. KI handled that badly and failed to consider the consequences of their actions and in doing so may have lost some customers. I, and evidently others, have chosen to work around the system and continue to play. The new system does work... not like it used to but that was the point. KI says their intent was to make the system more balanced and I think at least to some extent they've done that. But whether they've been successful is a subjective. From my point of view they have been, but to many others they've failed. Maybe they'll never reach common ground where everyone is happy... wait, did I say maybe... let me rephrase... they will NEVER reach a point where everyone is happy!
Speaking for myself, I am fine with the way things are and I'm confident that KI will continue fine-tuning things so I will keep playing. The moment this game is no longer fun is the moment I move on to something different... but for now I have five other wizards to level up!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I don't see a reason for this thread to be open any longer.

Bottom line according to what has been said; KI has adjusted the system, they might tweak it further but are not reverting it to the original system, there are some problems.. but others have been resolved.

I feel a couple schools may have gotten the short end of the stick regarding some of the updates, but I'm looking forward to more new things to come.

Duncan Strongsword 110 24

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
TucsonWizard on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
The majority of people contributing to this thread have voiced their displeasure with the new system but there's a fair number, myself included, who don't share that opinion. I don't disagree that the current system might still be flawed but it hasn't kept me from completing the game through Polaris and continuing to enjoy it as much as I ever have. We can go on and on until the cows come home about how the introduction of the new mechanic might have been handled differently. But it wasn't, and it is what it is. Some have decided that because of this they're leaving the game and that is their prerogative. By all means, if you're no longer having fun then that is certainly a legitimate reason to take whatever action you feel necessary. And I truly understand the sentiment of those that have spent real money to build characters that could take advantage of the old system only to have those advantages stripped away. KI handled that badly and failed to consider the consequences of their actions and in doing so may have lost some customers. I, and evidently others, have chosen to work around the system and continue to play. The new system does work... not like it used to but that was the point. KI says their intent was to make the system more balanced and I think at least to some extent they've done that. But whether they've been successful is a subjective. From my point of view they have been, but to many others they've failed. Maybe they'll never reach common ground where everyone is happy... wait, did I say maybe... let me rephrase... they will NEVER reach a point where everyone is happy!
Speaking for myself, I am fine with the way things are and I'm confident that KI will continue fine-tuning things so I will keep playing. The moment this game is no longer fun is the moment I move on to something different... but for now I have five other wizards to level up!
there will ALWAYS be multiple sides to a change in a game, and the people who are posting here have a fairly unified voice that they dont like it. yes, we have to deal with it, but the problem people have is, the system was flawed originally, and we gear to fix that. Some of it used real money, and now, that money doesnt work the same way, so people feel slighted. PERSONALLY, I'll figure out a way to deal with it, but I dont like how they went about it. They introduced a severely bugged system and let it play out for 50 levels and what, 6 worlds, and NOW they decide to dial it back and fix it (yay), but they do it all upside down. On top of that, most of the gear in the new world, is complete and utter junk. They changed the critical system, and yet, now, it looks like, because of the gear for 101+, that they're going to be either revamping other stats, OR they never thought fully ahead and just gave junk stats on the new gear (with the exception of the rare drops). I like most of what they've done, and this new critical system change will be a hindsight opinion; we'll have to wait some time to see how the changes REALLY affect things, but right now, people are not happy, and are vocalizing their issues. Im actually surprised KI hasnt shut down this thread yet, like they've done all the others

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
I have been reading and try to understand the New Critical Block and Hit Sytem.

Lol unfortuantely I guess I'm just a wizard that can't quite grasp on.

Please help.

Does the new system increase the chance on landing a critical but decrease the chance of getting a critical hit?

I keep testing and testing to see what the update note were meaning. But it leaves me a little confused.

Or does the system decrease the chance of a block and decreases the chance or a critical hit?

I have been asking people and reading all i can. But all I get is for balance of the game.

I'm sorry I'm not understanding.

I see calculators on the subject and I just get more confused.

Can someone just please answer the questions I asked.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Nothing has been fixed. That should be stated clearly.

The game can be played now, but it could be played before. It's not a big problem either way, but every problem that existed before is still there, or will be there again with a minor increase in stats. A major new problem has been created, and school balance is actually worse. This is not a solution, just a stall, and it has given a lot of us doubts about how these decisions are made.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
The new critical System is bad at the beginning but according to how everything is turning out we will benefit from this. Thus if you get 100%(around 570 block) you will be immune to criticals or just get 80% block and use conviction. The new block gear from Polaris lets you reach this heights. The only problem with this update that I see and comprehend is that low levels are having a hard time with the criticals. I feel wizard101 made this changes looking at the next 100 levels but not at the lvls before that. They chnaged for a better future but messed the past. Thus low levels should have an increase amount of block like a lvl 50 with 170 block would have around 80% block rating. This wouldn't hurt the system in anyway at all. Also a tweak could be made like make it impossible for somebody to obtain 100% block or critical just leave it at 99% so criticals wouldn't be meaningless. Also for the spells vengeance and Conviction instead of giving plus 20% block or critical they should give you +20% more critical like for example if somebody had 100 critical and the used vengeance they would have 120 critical same goes for conviction. This would balance low lvl pvp and also high lvl pvp and the whole system overall. Am tired I could keep talking for days, So many things could be better. I hope This critics and ideas are taken "seriously".

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
dayerider on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
there will ALWAYS be multiple sides to a change in a game, and the people who are posting here have a fairly unified voice that they dont like it. yes, we have to deal with it, but the problem people have is, the system was flawed originally, and we gear to fix that. Some of it used real money, and now, that money doesnt work the same way, so people feel slighted. PERSONALLY, I'll figure out a way to deal with it, but I dont like how they went about it. They introduced a severely bugged system and let it play out for 50 levels and what, 6 worlds, and NOW they decide to dial it back and fix it (yay), but they do it all upside down. On top of that, most of the gear in the new world, is complete and utter junk. They changed the critical system, and yet, now, it looks like, because of the gear for 101+, that they're going to be either revamping other stats, OR they never thought fully ahead and just gave junk stats on the new gear (with the exception of the rare drops). I like most of what they've done, and this new critical system change will be a hindsight opinion; we'll have to wait some time to see how the changes REALLY affect things, but right now, people are not happy, and are vocalizing their issues. Im actually surprised KI hasnt shut down this thread yet, like they've done all the others
No argument from me on the new gear. That's a whole 'nuther subject altogether. There might as well be no drops at all from Polaris. The only thing most of the stuff is good for is stitching... that is if you happen to like the way the new stuff looks. But frankly, I don't think the appearance is all that either. If you're hoping to look like a guard at Buckingham Palace then this new gear is for you! Otherwise, most of it ends up as pet food.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2013
Suggestion:

There will always be an issue with how "criticals" should be calculated, what to do with criticals, etc. -- This can be addressed for the people that complain "PvP has been ruined by criticals!" in a very simple manner.
Set up a separate arena area or arena option WITH NO CRITICALS -- then we can go back to the discussions of 5 years ago of how Spritely, Fairy, Healing Current and Unicorn is overpowered in ranked (no critical) PvP . Arenas in homes should also have the option to "Turn off criticals"or "retro" mode. Problem solved everyone wins.

Currently the bosses and minions critical far more than they did before or rather their criticals get through more. Suggestion. Keep the calculation simple and forget weird level scaling or calculations of diminishing return.

E.g. 8 critical rating or block = 1% (or whatever numbers seem appropriate for PvP or PvE)
How often should a level 100 Storm with full critical gear get double damage on Malistaire the Undying? (80%!)
How often should a level 100 balance with full critical damage against MTU? (Never...at least it feels like it. )
Here is a kind of guideline as to how it would look.

Critical Rating 400 = 50% chance of critical vs. Critical block 400 = 50% chance of block. (25%) a successful critical.
CR 400 = 50% vs. a Critical block of 200 = 25% (37.5% successful)
CR 400 = 50% vs. a Critical block of 500 = 63% (18.5% successful).
CR 400 = 50% vs. a Critical block of 600 = 75% (12.5% successful)
CR 600 = 75% vs. a Critical block of 200 = 25% (56.25% successful)

This gives much of the control to the player and the gear they choose and less to the whims of, well, you. This frees up KI to spend their time on the more difficult task of doing what they do best. Building the wonderful content that they do -- Like Polaris Crafting? (Hint).

(Curse you KI ! I knew Cobb was on your marketing team! I'm now forced to buy 60,000 crowns for Polaris areas and your promised future awesome content! Thank you! )

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
What's so sad about this is the lack of knowledge certain players have about this topic. Those who stated being pleased with the current system tended to have biased and faulty generalizations.

In order to fully understand the current system's mechanics, every aspect of the game should be acknowledged—from PvE to PvP to all magical schools. Regrettably, acknowledging every aspect of the game is a quality that some players lack.

Players voiced out their opinions and ideas of improving the system, and I couldn't help but ponder over specific posts. Posts that I found sad, indeed. Post that favored only one aspect of the game such as: Why can't this only be a PvP thing? If you're one of the players that thinks the new system "balances" PvP, you couldn't be more wrong.
As a player that enjoys both PvE and PvP, it's a tragedy to see both aspects of the game become unenjoyable.

I've also noticed players mentioning "casual players" as if that means anything. How were "casual players" affected more, exactly?

In a previous post of mine, I asked two question that to this day remain unanswered: How does the new system balance the game? How is taking Life's ability to heal effectively balance the game?

I was expecting an answer to my question but did not receive one. Perhaps one of the administrators could be oh-so-kind to answer that for me? Or perhaps the fellow wizard that feels that there is no need for this topic to remain open?

Clearly, if no one is able to answer this "strenuous question," the current system still needs improvement.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Been away from the boards for awhile. OK, let me get this straight. Bosses have a huge Health advantage. A huge pip advantage. A minion. Ability to use high rank spells outside of their school with no pip disadvantage. Cheats. And now Critical and Block also seem to be stacked in their advantage. Hear this sound? That's the sound of KingsIsle showing the casual player the door. My membership is up for renewal next January, and for the first time I'm giving significant thought to not renewing. One factor in 'renewal's' favor is that I have more than 60,000 Crowns, and I'd hate to waste them. If KingsIsle is going to make drastic changes such as this to a game we have ALREADY devoted significant assets in both time and money to, there ought to be an escape clause in the form of a refund for members who bought the product in advance, and have zero say in any changes. That's all I have to say on the subject, thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts. Now I'll await the many posts about whining and overreacting.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Sorry I have more to say on the subject. I'm not renewing. I just fought the Lord of the Brocken with my 2nd Death Wizard. I love/loved Avalon and wanted to experience it again. I don't have Darkmoor, Waterworks or Jade Gear.Crown Shop or Bazaar gear with high resist wouldn't have been enough either. The first time around I think I beat the boss solo in 10 rounds. This one, because I knew in advance that I would suffer critical hit after critical hit with no blocks whatsoever, I was forced to change my strategy. I had to keep TC Storm Shields up, as 2 critical Wild Bolts in a row would kill me. And yep sure enough it was critical hit after critical hit, I blocked ZERO and it took 35 rounds. And that's Avalon mind you, a relatively simple Boss with no cheats. I can't wait to see Azteca, Khrysalis or Polaris. Oh wait, I'm not going to see them. Membership will not be renewed, I'll gift pets to strangers or whatever to use up the crowns. I've never been so disappointed in a gamesite in my life. Thanks KI for rewarding years of loyalty, financial investment and time. Merry Christmas. :(

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
Angel of Solitude I consider my self a high end casual player. No darkmoor gear. First let me say I don't care for the new system since it takes away more of the control the player had.

Also for those who over level to help advancing in the game even though there was a "penalty" for over leveling since you lost critical and block as you gained level with the new system to me it added to that. Some will say you can offset it by getting better, higher level gear. But a lot of the gear is not only level locked but progression locked. I.E. you may not have access to it since you haven't completed "x" quest.

Since they didn't go with a straight line starting from zero flat rate, but added the dead zone. It is what amounts to a upside down bell curve with straightened lines, it does what amounts to a exponential growth as you gain flat critical or block and look at the total flat rate to percentage, you have a larger critical percentage per amount of flat rate the higher one gets. This is just a example and with out doing a full chart the numbers are off. But someone who has close to 100% critical may gain 1% per 30 flat, while some one at 20-30% may only gain 0.5% per flat rate gain of 30 flat.

When you look at the dead zone even though it is across the board someone who has darkmoor gear and some of the other items which mean doing multiple runs can get a full 100%. But most of the other gear to attain that you would lose other stats. Most of the ones I saw they were at the mid 60's for power pips. Which pretty much means having to wait a long time till able do a decent spell. The decent or usable gear options for people with a lower grade gear got limited even more with this update.