Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
Lol wrong. 0 pierce? 45 block? 50 critical? 80 damage? 42 resist? I find it a little hard to believe you've ever been level 80! I'm not even lvl 80 and my stats aren't like that at all. I'll give you my stats averaged with others my level. And my lvl here here is in the 70s. And this is a death's stats; not storm.

Damage: 55 to death and 36 to everything else.
Resist: 39 universal with extra to life and myth; about 45
Block: 175 universal.
Crit: 126 to death and 100 to everything else.
Pierce: 9
Health: 4208
Power pips: 98
You see? Your given stats for our lvl is poorly found.

Kill in two rounds? Lol only f the lvl 80 doesn't have a tactic. The second hit of Gaze of Rate will most likely be countered with a shield if yer fighting someone like me and we would most certainly block you due to the messed up system of critical.

Hehe; have you ever fought a death and used shields? We break them with ghouls!

Not exagerating here. I am serious, about that much have it. Now, I didn't actually count off every friend but that is a ruff estimant.

Juju jades; I do not support. Lvl 80s can defeat exalteds, they just need knowledge. Also it helps if the exalted has a bad deck or something. It is possible, it happens often. 100s die fighting 80s all the time. It is hard to believe but if you were a PvPer at my level, you'd know what I'm talking about.
Every single stat given here is inferior to a properly equipped exalted wizard's stats: Let's compare your stats to ice's "horrible" stats

Damage: 91% vs your 55%-Ice wins
Resist: 60% vs your 39%-Ice Wins
Block:303 universal vs your 175-Ice Wins
Crit: 225 vs your 126-Ice Wins
Pierce: 14% to your 9%- Ice Wins
Health:6500+ to your 4208- Ice Wins
Power Pips: 100%+ to your 98%- Ice Wins

So a properly equipped exalted ice completely trumps you in every major stat. I would love to see your archmage participate in a match against PvPking's "weak" balance.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
I am doing that and I've done it tons of times. It doesn't say that storm is at the bottom.
So you deny that storm has the lowest presence by volume on the leaderboards?

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
So you deny that storm has the lowest presence by volume on the leaderboards?
I deny that storm is at the bottom of pvp, so in a way yeah

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
Every single stat given here is inferior to a properly equipped exalted wizard's stats: Let's compare your stats to ice's "horrible" stats

Damage: 91% vs your 55%-Ice wins
Resist: 60% vs your 39%-Ice Wins
Block:303 universal vs your 175-Ice Wins
Crit: 225 vs your 126-Ice Wins
Pierce: 14% to your 9%- Ice Wins
Health:6500+ to your 4208- Ice Wins
Power Pips: 100%+ to your 98%- Ice Wins

So a properly equipped exalted ice completely trumps you in every major stat. I would love to see your archmage participate in a match against PvPking's "weak" balance.
You can't compare a lvl 70's death stats to a lvl 100 ice's. If they were the same school, yea you could do that but death and ice are different.

Lol. That would be interesting.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Let me apologize in advance if I repeat what anyone else said.

"Boom! This is my point! This is horrible stats! 55%+ block? Ice is the defense school and they don't even have 100% block average? They don't even have 100% damage either! And what about their other stats? Critical? What is that, zero? How about incoming and outgoing heal? Or accuracy? Give me this stuff.

And your example actually shows my point quite well. Myth and ice's block is horrible with this stuff. And Ice can't even reach 100% damage like everyone else. And wow; you added a pet. Sorry, but pets don't give that averagely."

This reply shows me three things:

1. You're confused about how critical and critical block actually work. First, note that I'm talking about PERCENTAGE (%) and not RATING. The 60% Ice achieves (I calculated it this time) is a very good amount (no school can even come close to 100% block with balanced gear). In addition, the average storm in balanced gear will have 77% critical; this critical will be blocked by 60% block about 78% of the time (note that STORM'S critical is being blocked).
  2. You won't be bothered to research this gear for yourself and see the stats (I highly suggest you do). Darkmoor gear is easily the best in the game, and it gives nearly 100% power pips and 99-100% accuracy to all schools. What do you propose an Ice wizard should wear as gear if this set is "horrid"?
  3. You didn't read/understand the part of my post which said that Ice may have less damage, but they make up for it by having 10% more resist (the reason for this being one you acknowledge above: Ice is the defense school).

In addition, good pets are required to compete in today's arena and as such are considered a vital piece of gear. Storm can't get 100% damage and 50% resist without a pet either, so scrap that point if you don't consider pets gear.

Also, thinking that Ice should have more defense without a lower offense is foolish. I would hope this is obvious given the nature of the game.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
"You can’t compare a level 70’s death stats to a level 100 ice’s. If they were the same school, yea you could do that but death and ice are different.

Lol. That would be interesting."

Once again, I will hand you numbers on a silver platter that you could easily find with a bit of research.

Stat comparing: Your Death vs Exalted Death
*Assuming the Exalted Death wears the Darkmoor Hat, Robe, Boots, Wand, and Athame, Morganthe Amulet, Duelist's Daredevil Ring, and an average Tri-Damage, Dual-Resist pet (I will not add in Deck stats).

Damage: 104% vs your 55% (Exalted wins)
Resist: 50% vs your 39% w/ 44% Spirit (Exalted wins)
Block (in rating because you didn't give your %): 283 vs your 175 (Exalted wins)
Critical (in rating for above reason): 355 vs your 126 (Exalted wins)
Pierce: 25% vs your 9% (Exalted wins)
Health: 5000-5500 vs your 4208 (Exalted wins)
Power Pips: 100%+ vs your 98% (Exalted wins)

Oh, and I almost forgot...

Accuracy: 106% vs whatever you have (more than likely the Exalted wins)

Interesting indeed...

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Well it seems like this thread has gone way off topic over... a bunch of nonsense really, but back to what the OP said, I'd very much like Mutate Storm Elf TC to be more available &/or to have Storm Elf as a spell card on a jewel. That would be sweet!

Storm is clearly the least represented school on the leaderboards. You can verify that with a little trick called "counting".

Last time I saw him in game, Eric's level 100 Storm Warlord had done over 2,700 matches, so I'm pretty sure he has "fought a death and used shields" and most anything else you can think of. Trust his advice.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
I deny that storm is at the bottom of pvp, so in a way yeah
I am not sure how you can deny a reality that is there for everyone to see.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
You can't compare a lvl 70's death stats to a lvl 100 ice's. If they were the same school, yea you could do that but death and ice are different.

Lol. That would be interesting.
Your stats also do not compare even vaguely to a lvl 100 death's.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
kylesar1 on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
This card is a Storm version of Fire Elf.
The only way you can get this card is by the pet Storm Elf or by Mutate Storm Elf TC

However, Mutate Storm Elf TC are so insanely rare, that it's not even worth it to train Elf anymore. Across all my wizards, I have about 15. It took me about 2 months to gather them all, and I'm scared of using them because it'll take forever to replenish them

99.99% of PvPers trains up to Tower Shield, and 100% of the players that do also have shields against Storm
Ice gets tons of Mutate Ice Elf TC, and they have Frostbite, Snow Angel, AND Polar Swarm. They don't even need it

This is a problem. Since Storm already lacks DoT, why would KI turn around and basically disable the literal ONLY DoT Storm has. I mean there's Storm Hound, but that uses all pips, and Storm doesn't need Heckhound if they have Triton

KI should bring Mutate Storm Elf TC back. In fact, make it so the Archivist sells them. If you need an excuse, make Mutate Storm Elf trainable. This spell would really change the Storm PvP game for the better on ALL levels. Storm players could finally have a reliable DoT in their arsenal, and not for killing. Just for breaking shields and minion killing. There really is no drawback to this.

It doesn't change Storm's low life and accuracy. The spell isn't OP in the least so players can't complain. Since it's a mutate, you can't make it more powerful. This isn't some personal complaint. EVERY storm player would want this

Come on KI. Storm already has millions of shields to deal with. Can you make it at least slightly more bearable? At the very least, could you make it a more common drop?
Another mad storm. Storms have the best gears. They get the same resist with way higher critical, damage and pierce with a lower health of only 500. The gears they wear is just too OP.
And now you want them to dominate the PvP cause having the best gear is not enough? With Darkmoor gears they can't even fizzle anymore!

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Darkflower789 on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:

"Boom! This is my point! This is horrible stats! 55%+ block? Ice is the defense school and they don't even have 100% block average? They don't even have 100% damage either! And what about their other stats? Critical? What is that, zero? How about incoming and outgoing heal? Or accuracy? Give me this stuff.

And your example actually shows my point quite well. Myth and ice's block is horrible with this stuff. And Ice can't even reach 100% damage like everyone else. And wow; you added a pet. Sorry, but pets don't give that averagely."

1. You're confused about how critical and critical block actually work. First, note that I'm talking about PERCENTAGE (%) and not RATING. The 60% Ice achieves (I calculated it this time) is a very good amount (no school can even come close to 100% block with balanced gear). In addition, the average storm in balanced gear will have 77% critical; this critical will be blocked by 60% block about 78% of the time (note that STORM'S critical is being blocked).
  2. You won't be bothered to research this gear for yourself and see the stats (I highly suggest you do). Darkmoor gear is easily the best in the game, and it gives nearly 100% power pips and 99-100% accuracy to all schools. What do you propose an Ice wizard should wear as gear if this set is "horrid"?
  3. You didn't read/understand the part of my post which said that Ice may have less damage, but they make up for it by having 10% more resist (the reason for this being one you acknowledge above: Ice is the defense school).

In addition, good pets are required to compete in today's arena and as such are considered a vital piece of gear. Storm can't get 100% damage and 50% resist without a pet either, so scrap that point if you don't consider pets gear.

Also, thinking that Ice should have more defense without a lower offense is foolish. I would hope this is obvious given the nature of the game.
The gear for ice here is bad compared to the other schools. Idk if I made that clear. Look at storm's stuff. They get good resist without dropping really anything. If storm can keep their good stats and get a lot of resist, why cannot ice?

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
"You can’t compare a level 70’s death stats to a level 100 ice’s. If they were the same school, yea you could do that but death and ice are different.

Lol. That would be interesting."

Once again, I will hand you numbers on a silver platter that you could easily find with a bit of research.

Stat comparing: Your Death vs Exalted Death
*Assuming the Exalted Death wears the Darkmoor Hat, Robe, Boots, Wand, and Athame, Morganthe Amulet, Duelist's Daredevil Ring, and an average Tri-Damage, Dual-Resist pet (I will not add in Deck stats).

Damage: 104% vs your 55% (Exalted wins)
Resist: 50% vs your 39% w/ 44% Spirit (Exalted wins)
Block (in rating because you didn't give your %): 283 vs your 175 (Exalted wins)
Critical (in rating for above reason): 355 vs your 126 (Exalted wins)
Pierce: 25% vs your 9% (Exalted wins)
Health: 5000-5500 vs your 4208 (Exalted wins)
Power Pips: 100%+ vs your 98% (Exalted wins)

Oh, and I almost forgot...

Accuracy: 106% vs whatever you have (more than likely the Exalted wins)

Interesting indeed...
Of course Exalted wins. They're exalted! (And by the way I'm just going to say my accuracy because I want to know what people do. usually they freak out. I have 0 accuracy what-so-ever because I never fizzle, not even with smoke screen.) Back to the point, duh an exalted would win if you compare their stats. They're thirty levels above what I just gave.

The reason though that I say this is not a problem is because of messed up critical,(I've only not blocked an exalted's crit three times.) the fact that some folks' decks are better than others and that stuff. If you have all OP spells in your deck, you'll lose. If you have all noob spells in your deck, you'll lose. My lvl can defeat a lvl 100 due to us having a better working deck.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
I am not sure how you can deny a reality that is there for everyone to see.
I'm not sure how I'd be able to either. I've looked at the leaderboards multiple times and "counted" them. Idk how you are arguing honestly and I am too on a very straight-forward subject.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014

the ice darkmoor gear is not as good as the other schools because there is nothing special about ice because the other schools can get as much block as ice and close to the same resist. the ice darkmoor gear has 45 resist the storm darkmoor gear has 34 resist the ice darkmoor gear has 13 pierce the storm darkmoor gear has 28 pierce so 28 - 45 is 17 so ice has 17 resist to storm when they get pierced by storm, but storm has 34 resist minus ice 13 pierce 34 - 13 is 21 so storm has 21 resist to ice when ice is pierceing them so storm has 21 resist ice has 17 resist so really storm has more resist then ice so storm is more defencive and offencive then ice so ice does need a gear boost.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
Your stats also do not compare even vaguely to a lvl 100 death's.
I believe I replied to a similar thing above this. They don't need to compare to a lvl 100 death's.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Alex watersinger on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
Another mad storm. Storms have the best gears. They get the same resist with way higher critical, damage and pierce with a lower health of only 500. The gears they wear is just too OP.
And now you want them to dominate the PvP cause having the best gear is not enough? With Darkmoor gears they can't even fizzle anymore!
Love how you said this. And I TOTALLY agree.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Alex watersinger on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
Some rough comparisons
a)They have lower resist between 1%-11% lower

b)They do have higher attack(between 13-29% higher) higher pierce(between 7-18% higher) and higher critical(between 5%-25% higher)

c)They have lower health (between 1000-3000 lower) which is between 25%-75% lower

Clearly storm is not dominating PvP based on the evidence everyone has posted here. With DM gear all schools have close to perfect to above perfect accuracy.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
The gear for ice here is bad compared to the other schools. Idk if I made that clear. Look at storm's stuff. They get good resist without dropping really anything. If storm can keep their good stats and get a lot of resist, why cannot ice?
Besides a massive health difference...that we continually point out.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Fred Frost on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
the ice darkmoor gear is not as good as the other schools because there is nothing special about ice because the other schools can get as much block as ice and close to the same resist. the ice darkmoor gear has 45 resist the storm darkmoor gear has 34 resist the ice darkmoor gear has 13 pierce the storm darkmoor gear has 28 pierce so 28 - 45 is 17 so ice has 17 resist to storm when they get pierced by storm, but storm has 34 resist minus ice 13 pierce 34 - 13 is 21 so storm has 21 resist to ice when ice is pierceing them so storm has 21 resist ice has 17 resist so really storm has more resist then ice so storm is more defencive and offencive then ice so ice does need a gear boost.
That would be true until you factor in that ice has 60-75% more health than storm. More defensive? I think not/

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
I believe I replied to a similar thing above this. They don't need to compare to a lvl 100 death's.
That is what we have been saying and you have been denying for several posts now lol.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
Some rough comparisons
a)They have lower resist between 1%-11% lower

b)They do have higher attack(between 13-29% higher) higher pierce(between 7-18% higher) and higher critical(between 5%-25% higher)

c)They have lower health (between 1000-3000 lower) which is between 25%-75% lower

Clearly storm is not dominating PvP based on the evidence everyone has posted here. With DM gear all schools have close to perfect to above perfect accuracy.
Lol and ice is the only one without perfect accuracy. Even though storm is supposed to have the least amount on accuracy. I just find that annoyingly funny.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
That would be true until you factor in that ice has 60-75% more health than storm. More defensive? I think not/
Health. Health is the one thing storm does not have that is a real weakness. The only thing.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
That is what we have been saying and you have been denying for several posts now lol.
x sigh x. The one thing I don't like about trying to get a point through is that some folks have different perspectives and they take my words down the wrong course. Thus you are doing here.

You cannot compare a lvl 70's stats with a lvl 100 and expect to get better stats from the lvl 70. But you can match up a lvl 70 with a lvl 100 and expect to have the 70 win. There is a difference.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Lol and ice is the only one without perfect accuracy. Even though storm is supposed to have the least amount on accuracy. I just find that annoyingly funny.
I find that funny too. Ice in ideal gear has 99% accuracy and perfect power pips while storm in perfect gear has 100% accuracy and 96% power pips. Either way both stats are so close to perfect that the difference is almost negligible.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Health. Health is the one thing storm does not have that is a real weakness. The only thing.
This one weakness is a huge factor in matches especially in the PvP meta of today.