Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
This is pretty much how I felt whenever I'd complain about Storm too. You get a ton of negative replies that aren't actually very cognizant of your complaint, and are often riddled with wrong assumptions.

Summary of detracting points:
  • "the game says Storm has to be this, so it has to be this"
  • "Storm doesn't really have a problem"
  • "just work harder and be smarter"

I don't really find it useful to argue with people saying these things, as they never change their minds. Kylesar1, you know that there's a problem probably as much as any Storm. I'd suggest pulling together a few people in the Dorms who want to brainstorm a fix or a workaround that would improve Storm's situation without setting off the minefield of negative reactions that detractors always seem to have.

Sample suggestions:
  • Storm should get a relatively weak two-hit spell
  • Storm should get a spell that gives a chance of having two turns in a row (and one of them is only allowed to be defensive/utility)

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
kylesar1 on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
Thunder Snakes doing 2,000 damage is highly unlikely. They'll need complete pierce, 100+ damage, plus a crit to do so, and that's still not that likely

Elf assaults with Storm simply isn't possible when it's not damage enchantable.
"Damage is Damage"
Ok? Heals are heals. pets are pets. Elf assaults don't do enough damage, even with shrike and a crit, to be a reliable strat. There are so many ways to counter it. Why do you think DoT strats are obsolete at the top level? Instant damage does it better. It doesn't give the opponent time to heal it off.

What other schools have healing spells?
There's Balance with Avail, and Fire with Power Link. A Fire crit build would get decent amount of healing via Power Link. It was a prevalent strategy for a time.
Even so, though, Healing Current is a 3-pip chance at healing no more than a Fairy. In the PvP realm, you need cheap heals ASAP to survive. Life Mastery is the most common amulet. Would you rather spend 4 pips on a chance to heal for a 1,000+ at the risk of healing 100-200, or a guaranteed 500+ from a Fairy, and 1,000+ from a Satyr? In the PvP realm, such risks aren't worth it if you can play it safe and get the same results

"Storm's Accuracy is not that bad"
That's how I can tell you've never played storm. 70% accuracy is crazy low, considering most other schools have at least 80%. Only with Darkmoor gear or lvl 50 Warlord gear + Flashing Blade Staff will Storm Accuracy get to 100%. Like I said, there's a reason why Storm is a dead school under lvl 60. That accuracy without even decent health to be able to shell a hit after fizzling says it all

Even with a Crit and 100+ damage plus shrike, that's about 800 damage over time or 200+ per turn. In the realm of 5,000+ health for every school not named Storm, that won't cut it at all

"Storm already has a lot of advantages"
Give me a few. There's a reason that Storm has the lowest amount of warlords in the game, and is practically a dead school under lvl 60. Even with warlord gear, they still have that insanely low life, and their accuracy still isn't perfect like it is for every other school. It doesn't even hit 90% unless you have the Flashing Blade Staff, which is impossible to get under Lvl 50. On top of that, you have to get to warlord to get it, but with those extreme disadvantages, getting to warlord is possible, but it's a dead school for a reason
Urr . . . Yeah they do. Enchant, couple blades, 109 damage and you dont need a crit.

As for the "Damage is Damage" thing . . . It is true. Say a wizard has just enough health to barely survive a hit. They have 7 health left over. Their enemy kills them with a slash because they cannot heal themselves. That slash probably wouldnt have been called "damage" if it hadnt killed the wizard. now however, it is damage because it killed a player. no matter how small something is, it is still something. damage, heal, accuracy, you name it.

What other schools have heals? Correct, fire and balance both have heals. Balance however is balance. it is the balance of all the schools. If it is the balance of a school such as life, why would it not have a heal?

Power Link is not a heal. It is a swap. look at the card. instead of a heart, there is the damage sign. if anything, this spell is a swap. if we call this a heal, we'd be saying that just about every death spell was a heal and that Life School would be completely dead seeing how death would basically have a heal for every spell. well, that isnt the case. death is a swap, not heal. this is the same thing with Power Link.

Storm's accuracy is not that bad . . . It really isnt. 70% is much better than 50%. Also, every storm wizard is knows what their accuracy should be and they get it through gear. if you are looking for health and accuracy, get it through gear as best you can but keep in mind that storm has so many advantages that accuracy and health are the disadvantages. no school is meant to be perfect.

If you fizz and you have so low of health, that would be why there are shields and heals. i understand that hardly a soul uses shields anymore, but they save you! besides, a storm wizard fights through without complaining. they understand why they dont have the best accuracy and health and accept it. They get it through gear and often times become the most powerful wizards. I do not see how storm is at a disadvantage.

I know, i have not played hard in storm so i really don't know fro, your point of view, but i am looking as hard as i can from your view. And i did play on storm, just not passed level thirty-two. (Then i deleted the char because i thought death was better.)

Storm is not a dead school. Basically my entire friends list is storms that i call for help whenever i am in trouble. they come and KILL EVERYONE WITHIN THE THIRD ROUND. I find it insane, but it is awesome. Storm is at no disadvantage power wise.

I was fighting one of my storm friends and a few other guys at a party. Do you know what my friend did? My partner got all bladed up and the round he attacked, my friend on the other team destroyed every single one of his blades and the attack only went up to 1089. It would have ended the battle.

I'll continue this in a moment. Ran out of room :P

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
kylesar1 on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
Thunder Snakes doing 2,000 damage is highly unlikely. They'll need complete pierce, 100+ damage, plus a crit to do so, and that's still not that likely

Elf assaults with Storm simply isn't possible when it's not damage enchantable.
"Damage is Damage"
Ok? Heals are heals. pets are pets. Elf assaults don't do enough damage, even with shrike and a crit, to be a reliable strat. There are so many ways to counter it. Why do you think DoT strats are obsolete at the top level? Instant damage does it better. It doesn't give the opponent time to heal it off.

What other schools have healing spells?
There's Balance with Avail, and Fire with Power Link. A Fire crit build would get decent amount of healing via Power Link. It was a prevalent strategy for a time.
Even so, though, Healing Current is a 3-pip chance at healing no more than a Fairy. In the PvP realm, you need cheap heals ASAP to survive. Life Mastery is the most common amulet. Would you rather spend 4 pips on a chance to heal for a 1,000+ at the risk of healing 100-200, or a guaranteed 500+ from a Fairy, and 1,000+ from a Satyr? In the PvP realm, such risks aren't worth it if you can play it safe and get the same results

"Storm's Accuracy is not that bad"
That's how I can tell you've never played storm. 70% accuracy is crazy low, considering most other schools have at least 80%. Only with Darkmoor gear or lvl 50 Warlord gear + Flashing Blade Staff will Storm Accuracy get to 100%. Like I said, there's a reason why Storm is a dead school under lvl 60. That accuracy without even decent health to be able to shell a hit after fizzling says it all

Even with a Crit and 100+ damage plus shrike, that's about 800 damage over time or 200+ per turn. In the realm of 5,000+ health for every school not named Storm, that won't cut it at all

"Storm already has a lot of advantages"
Give me a few. There's a reason that Storm has the lowest amount of warlords in the game, and is practically a dead school under lvl 60. Even with warlord gear, they still have that insanely low life, and their accuracy still isn't perfect like it is for every other school. It doesn't even hit 90% unless you have the Flashing Blade Staff, which is impossible to get under Lvl 50. On top of that, you have to get to warlord to get it, but with those extreme disadvantages, getting to warlord is possible, but it's a dead school for a reason
Okay, sorry about that. back.

Here are some of the advantages you wanted me to name:
  • Supercharge. Ever occur to folks that this spell might be just slightly unfair with the whole temp thing?
  • They get a heal completely out of their limit.
  • They can destroy all blades which is totally a myth thing.
  • They can destroy everyone within three rounds if they are level forty or higher.
And why would storm need 90% accuracy? That is life's and practically the highest you can get! Storm is meant to have low accuracy, around 80% or so. If i were storm, I'd just be glad that i could get 80% accuracy. I'd be glad I had 70% to begin with instead of 50%.

Keep in mind, i am NOT A STORM WIZARD so i do not have much xp playing on storm, only to level 32. This is what i gather though from watching Storms and from my short xp on a storm char: Storm wizards are at no bigger disadvantage than any other school. They just have the disadvantage in a different place.

Oracle

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Shadow 343 on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Okay, sorry about that. back.

Here are some of the advantages you wanted me to name:
  • Supercharge. Ever occur to folks that this spell might be just slightly unfair with the whole temp thing?
  • They get a heal completely out of their limit.
  • They can destroy all blades which is totally a myth thing.
  • They can destroy everyone within three rounds if they are level forty or higher.
And why would storm need 90% accuracy? That is life's and practically the highest you can get! Storm is meant to have low accuracy, around 80% or so. If i were storm, I'd just be glad that i could get 80% accuracy. I'd be glad I had 70% to begin with instead of 50%.

Keep in mind, i am NOT A STORM WIZARD so i do not have much xp playing on storm, only to level 32. This is what i gather though from watching Storms and from my short xp on a storm char: Storm wizards are at no bigger disadvantage than any other school. They just have the disadvantage in a different place.

Oracle
Here we go again lol...

Supercharge. Ever occur to folks that this spell might be just slightly unfair with the whole temp thing?

How is supercharge unfair with tempest?-It is to self only and completely drains your pips...which tempest uses to generate damage. Lets do some simple math.

-14pip tempest-1120 damage at base
-14 pip supercharge followed by 2 pip tempest the next round-384 damage at base.

They get a heal completely out of their limit.

How so? For 3 pips they can heal less than a sprite the or same as a pixie or more than a satyr. In other words 2/3 of the time the heal is inefficient.

They can destroy all blades which is totally a myth thing.

Charm manipulation is a storm school attribute(Disarm- cleanse charm- enfeeble.) Myth borrows from storm with earthquake not the other way around.

They can destroy everyone within three rounds if they are level forty or higher.

So can every other school.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Here we go again lol...

Supercharge. Ever occur to folks that this spell might be just slightly unfair with the whole temp thing?

How is supercharge unfair with tempest?-It is to self only and completely drains your pips...which tempest uses to generate damage. Lets do some simple math.

-14pip tempest-1120 damage at base
-14 pip supercharge followed by 2 pip tempest the next round-384 damage at base.

They get a heal completely out of their limit.

How so? For 3 pips they can heal less than a sprite the or same as a pixie or more than a satyr. In other words 2/3 of the time the heal is inefficient.

They can destroy all blades which is totally a myth thing.

Charm manipulation is a storm school attribute(Disarm- cleanse charm- enfeeble.) Myth borrows from storm with earthquake not the other way around.

They can destroy everyone within three rounds if they are level forty or higher.

So can every other school.
:P Okay, let me say a few things here.

Supercharge: Yeah, i am saying that it is unfair because folks these days get so many pips so quickly that it really doesnt matter. As for the self-only thing . . . Every storm i know never pays any attention to another storm the same battle. Now some might, but the whole self-only isnt much of a deal. i will say again that i am not storm, so please correct me is my words here are wrong about storm wizards. this is just based off data i gather.

The Heal: Uh . . . There is a thing called critical. XD okay sry. but healing current does a lot of heal if it criticals and storms have quite a lot of critical, the most of any school. also, any heal is still a heal.

Blades and Charms: Okay, dead subject there. XD i just did some research and you are correct there. Storm is for one side of the charm and myth is for the other. good point.

Destroy everyone in three rounds: Not every school can do that. Storm can kill with lord or temp (Which often crits.) while what can the others use? Okay, death has Crow, ice Giant, life Forest, myth blank, fire meteor that usually crits.

Crow is 400 damage, that isnt very much. Now, death could blade and enchant that to make it higher but because it is a swap, the enchant would only make it 660 at the highest. you cannot kill AV creatures with that in only three rounds.

Giant is 475 base damage, that isnt much either. enchanted? that could do something around 750. blade it and such, you get somewhere around 1290 or so. you cannot kill AV creatures with that either.

Storm Lord does 695 base and then think what happens when you enchant and blade that. also, most of the time it will critical, but not always. enchanted could go up to 995 and add a blade to that you get somewhere around 1785. normally, that would critical and it would be double that. this is also only with one blade.

I am too lazy to list the other schools but Forest Lord would go up to around 855 at full enchant and if myth uses earch quake, it could be around 700 or so. fire's would be 500 probably and they usually critical, so double that.

not all schools can kill everyone in three rounds.

(Btw, this information is from what I have observed in my xp. I am not a valid storm player so this is just my best guess on what is going on.)

Oracle

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
Shadow 343 on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Okay, sorry about that. back.

Here are some of the advantages you wanted me to name:
  • Supercharge. Ever occur to folks that this spell might be just slightly unfair with the whole temp thing?
  • They get a heal completely out of their limit.
  • They can destroy all blades which is totally a myth thing.
  • They can destroy everyone within three rounds if they are level forty or higher.
And why would storm need 90% accuracy? That is life's and practically the highest you can get! Storm is meant to have low accuracy, around 80% or so. If i were storm, I'd just be glad that i could get 80% accuracy. I'd be glad I had 70% to begin with instead of 50%.

Keep in mind, i am NOT A STORM WIZARD so i do not have much xp playing on storm, only to level 32. This is what i gather though from watching Storms and from my short xp on a storm char: Storm wizards are at no bigger disadvantage than any other school. They just have the disadvantage in a different place.

Oracle
Supercharge is the biggest joke of a tool in Storm's arsenal. A blade that runs off of pips, which Temp uses in damage calculation. You're far better off with a blade and an enchanted hit next round

Healing current is 3-pips for a 1/3 chance at more than a Satyr. You're better off using Satyr, which is guaranteed

Destroying blades is a Storm thing. Destroying SHIELDS is a Myth thing. Sirens, Levy, Enfeeble. and Disarm, as opposed to Myth's Mino, Orthrus, Pierce, and Shatter, as well as the new Mystic Colossus. Yea, Earthquake breaks blades, but it still breaks all shields

ANY wizards can destroy everyone within 3 rounds if they're set-up right. I've literally seen cases of a OHKO hit all from literally every school withing 3 rounds

Why would Storm need 90% accuracy? The same as why any school would want high accuracy: To avoid fizzling. Why would you want to stay at a measly 70% accuracy when you could get gear that takes it up to 90%+

I can tell you're not a Storm Wizard. Your arguments are made on complete ignorance of Storm's problems.

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
Shadow 343 on Feb 17, 2015 wrote:
Urr . . . Yeah they do. Enchant, couple blades, 109 damage and you dont need a crit.

As for the "Damage is Damage" thing . . . It is true. Say a wizard has just enough health to barely survive a hit. They have 7 health left over. Their enemy kills them with a slash because they cannot heal themselves. That slash probably wouldnt have been called "damage" if it hadnt killed the wizard. now however, it is damage because it killed a player. no matter how small something is, it is still something. damage, heal, accuracy, you name it.

What other schools have heals? Correct, fire and balance both have heals. Balance however is balance. it is the balance of all the schools. If it is the balance of a school such as life, why would it not have a heal?

Power Link is not a heal. It is a swap. look at the card. instead of a heart, there is the damage sign. if anything, this spell is a swap. if we call this a heal, we'd be saying that just about every death spell was a heal and that Life School would be completely dead seeing how death would basically have a heal for every spell. well, that isnt the case. death is a swap, not heal. this is the same thing with Power Link.

Storm's accuracy is not that bad . . . It really isnt. 70% is much better than 50%. Also, every storm wizard is knows what their accuracy should be and they get it through gear. if you are looking for health and accuracy, get it through gear as best you can but keep in mind that storm has so many advantages that accuracy and health are the disadvantages. no school is meant to be perfect.

If you fizz and you have so low of health, that would be why there are shields and heals. i understand that hardly a soul uses shields anymore, but they save you! besides, a storm wizard fights through without complaining. they understand why they dont have the best accuracy and health and accept it. They get it through gear and often times become the most powerful wizards. I do not see how storm is at a disadvantage.

I know, i have not played hard in storm so i really don't know fro, your point of view, but i am looking as hard as i can from your view. And i did play on storm, just not passed level thirty-two. (Then i deleted the char because i thought death was better.)

Storm is not a dead school. Basically my entire friends list is storms that i call for help whenever i am in trouble. they come and KILL EVERYONE WITHIN THE THIRD ROUND. I find it insane, but it is awesome. Storm is at no disadvantage power wise.

I was fighting one of my storm friends and a few other guys at a party. Do you know what my friend did? My partner got all bladed up and the round he attacked, my friend on the other team destroyed every single one of his blades and the attack only went up to 1089. It would have ended the battle.

I'll continue this in a moment. Ran out of room :P
Enchants and a couple of blades will have a Storm Wizard using a more powerful spell than Snakes

The whole damage is damage thing doesn't apply until life is very low, like under 1k. By then, they'd have healed a long time ago. We're talking about a realm where players have health over 5K. Do you honestly think 100-300 damage will make a difference

Drains ARE heals. If you recover health, it's a heal, and can be used as such. That's literally why Doom is made; to heal through attacking. The (unofficial) death motto is "kill to heal." Just like how you said damage is damage, healing is healing.

A lot of Fires use Crit builds and Power Link. They get decent heals off of Power Link. Using your logic that damage is damage, heals are also heals.

Fizzing at Low Health. Heals and Shields don't always pop up. Also, heals fizz. Mantles also exist, which makes fizzing at low health more likely. Storm Wizards fight through without complaining because they have no choice. Why do you think these message boards exist? So Wizards can complain and suggest ideas that will help them cope with things without becoming a complete hand-out.

Call for help: There's no calling for help in PvP. Every one of my friends can kill within 3 rounds, but that's irrelevant to PvP. That's questing, which is nowhere near the topic here. Storm is at no disadvantage power-wise, but are in terms of health and accuracy. Health is less important at higher levels, but at 60 and below, it's the main reason Storm is a dead school. No one's asking for a HP or accuracy buff. Literally just a 2 pip equivalent to Fire Elf

Accuracy. We're talking about base accuracy. You can't compare Storm's base accuracy to a non-existent one. So many advantages? Storm's literal only advantages are breaking blades (which cards can be aquired via bazaar) and high damage cards (which are all single-hit, nullified by the huge amounts of Storm Shields, and every school can do Storm type damage)

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
kylesar1 on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
Supercharge is the biggest joke of a tool in Storm's arsenal. A blade that runs off of pips, which Temp uses in damage calculation. You're far better off with a blade and an enchanted hit next round

Healing current is 3-pips for a 1/3 chance at more than a Satyr. You're better off using Satyr, which is guaranteed

Destroying blades is a Storm thing. Destroying SHIELDS is a Myth thing. Sirens, Levy, Enfeeble. and Disarm, as opposed to Myth's Mino, Orthrus, Pierce, and Shatter, as well as the new Mystic Colossus. Yea, Earthquake breaks blades, but it still breaks all shields

ANY wizards can destroy everyone within 3 rounds if they're set-up right. I've literally seen cases of a OHKO hit all from literally every school withing 3 rounds

Why would Storm need 90% accuracy? The same as why any school would want high accuracy: To avoid fizzling. Why would you want to stay at a measly 70% accuracy when you could get gear that takes it up to 90%+

I can tell you're not a Storm Wizard. Your arguments are made on complete ignorance of Storm's problems.
Supercharge is something that some people will see as an advantage and others won't. The saying "Grass is always greener" seems to have a roll in this discussion. Supercharge is a spell that a number of wizards want that don't have it yet for those who have it, it is useless. In my opinion despite the fact that it takes all your pips, Supercharge is a good spell and very powerful when used correctly.

As for Healing Current . . . Three pips for 1\3 heal more than satyr. Correct, but there is critical and a heal is a heal no matter how low. There is also incoming heal and outgoing heal which will effect that.

And, i did say that you are correct on the blade\shield destroying, correct?

As for destroying in three rounds, it applies to PvP as well. Temp in three rounds ended a 3v3 level hundred battle, i watched it.

Accuracy: Why does one wizard need that much accuracy? I mean, i know that fizzling is a a problem for storms and fire, but other than that? I am high lvl death and have no accuracy what-so-ever. Who needs it save fire and storm? Myth may need a little, but not much at all. Why would you need 90%? Aren't you asking for a little much there?

Storm does not have any more problems than the other schools, but you're storm so you only see storm's issues. I agree, they are the most obvious, but look for the other schools and you'll see theirs as well. No school is meant to be perfect.


Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
kylesar1 on Feb 19, 2015 wrote:
Enchants and a couple of blades will have a Storm Wizard using a more powerful spell than Snakes

The whole damage is damage thing doesn't apply until life is very low, like under 1k. By then, they'd have healed a long time ago. We're talking about a realm where players have health over 5K. Do you honestly think 100-300 damage will make a difference

Drains ARE heals. If you recover health, it's a heal, and can be used as such. That's literally why Doom is made; to heal through attacking. The (unofficial) death motto is "kill to heal." Just like how you said damage is damage, healing is healing.

A lot of Fires use Crit builds and Power Link. They get decent heals off of Power Link. Using your logic that damage is damage, heals are also heals.

Fizzing at Low Health. Heals and Shields don't always pop up. Also, heals fizz. Mantles also exist, which makes fizzing at low health more likely. Storm Wizards fight through without complaining because they have no choice. Why do you think these message boards exist? So Wizards can complain and suggest ideas that will help them cope with things without becoming a complete hand-out.

Call for help: There's no calling for help in PvP. Every one of my friends can kill within 3 rounds, but that's irrelevant to PvP. That's questing, which is nowhere near the topic here. Storm is at no disadvantage power-wise, but are in terms of health and accuracy. Health is less important at higher levels, but at 60 and below, it's the main reason Storm is a dead school. No one's asking for a HP or accuracy buff. Literally just a 2 pip equivalent to Fire Elf

Accuracy. We're talking about base accuracy. You can't compare Storm's base accuracy to a non-existent one. So many advantages? Storm's literal only advantages are breaking blades (which cards can be aquired via bazaar) and high damage cards (which are all single-hit, nullified by the huge amounts of Storm Shields, and every school can do Storm type damage)
Damage is damage: Yes, 200-300 in that realm would make a difference. Say that someone did that much damage on their enemy and then the did Lord. Lord was 200 damage too low to kill them. Guess what? The 200-300 damage that was dealed makes it so Lord killed the enemy.

Drains are heals? Just think about what you're saying there. Okay, let us check some logic. If drains are heals, why aren't they effected by Infection, Doom and Gloom, and incoming or outgoing heal? The only swap i know that is effected by those all is Sacrifice and that is a valid heal, it can go to more than one person. If you are saying that swaps are heals, then the Death School has taken Life's entire purpose. This sound wrong to anyone but me?

As for the "Use your logic" thing . . . The heal that Link gives a Fire will heal them, but it IS NOT a healing spell. Look at the card. does it say it is a heal on there? Uh . . . No. It says it is an attack. Is swaps are heals then the Death School has very few attacks. I'm in the Death School, I would know that swaps are attacks, NOT heals.

Fizzling. Heals and shields may not pop up because they aren't in your deck, but if you actually have them there, hope that they show. Some storm wizards don't complain because they see that every school is special, meaning that they all have issues. Why i think these Boards exist? So we can suggest corrections, not complain about things. Now, you have to state problems to correct them, but you can do it without complaining.

Call for help: I understand this. And every one of my friends usually kills within three rounds of 1v1 PvP. And, why would Storm Elf fix the "dead" Storm School? Yes, it would break shields, but Storms have so much damage as it is, what is the point?

Accuracy. I am trying to point out, as i am with the "Damage is damage," that Storm is lucky to have the accuracy it has. Every little bit counts. As for the high damage cards being one hits, uh no. Sirens? Storm Lord? Tempest? The shadow enhanced? Yeah, they're all one hit. Storm has lots of multi, great damage cards if you know how to use them. One cannot rely on the card itself to get damage or good results, they must rely on the player. The player makes the damage go higher than base, the player has different tactics and can adjust based on the situation. The player runs the battle, not the cards.


Defender
Mar 10, 2014
166
hi guys

if you are looking for a storm elf item card there is a storm elf pet that is 25 arena tickets (i think that is the price) also the harvest lord drops a hat that gives a card. hope this was helpful.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2012
12
Lucas Rain on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
This is pretty much how I felt whenever I'd complain about Storm too. You get a ton of negative replies that aren't actually very cognizant of your complaint, and are often riddled with wrong assumptions.

Summary of detracting points:
  • "the game says Storm has to be this, so it has to be this"
  • "Storm doesn't really have a problem"
  • "just work harder and be smarter"

I don't really find it useful to argue with people saying these things, as they never change their minds. Kylesar1, you know that there's a problem probably as much as any Storm. I'd suggest pulling together a few people in the Dorms who want to brainstorm a fix or a workaround that would improve Storm's situation without setting off the minefield of negative reactions that detractors always seem to have.

Sample suggestions:
  • Storm should get a relatively weak two-hit spell
  • Storm should get a spell that gives a chance of having two turns in a row (and one of them is only allowed to be defensive/utility)
I am a balance wizard and you don't see balance wizards complaining about dots.
Just use a wild bolt to remove it, it costs the same pips and can deal much more damage.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
63
OK GUYS

I have been reading up on everything you guys have said and i think i'll have to agree kylestar1. I am a storm wizard who has been through the pain of being defeated numerous times, even though i have over 220 critical. Storm is very disadvantaged when it comes to 1v1. Now, if any of you say that ' storm has powerful attacks' and "oh but they have soo much critical" then you need to listen to this.

I was in a 1v1 match with a balance wizard as my opposition. The first round i decide to hit him with a storm shark, brilliant it does 856 damage, despite the fact he had warlord resist. Now he just begins to spam shields. Now, what can i do here?! i'm stuck!! which is exactly why i lost yet another ranked 1v1. Seriously, all people have to do is put up more than 2 shields against storm and they have the game in their hands. Now lets think if i had a dot how things would have been different..

I cast storm elf onto the balance wizard. He shields, but because of the storm elf he can't spam. I cast infallible. He can't shield spam, but he summons the minion. I then lord, now knowing he has no shields. I manage to land a critical and land it without a block, taking out 3145 damage and removing his minion. Now he is stunned and i have one power pip left, so i enchant a wild bolt and take him out winning me the match. Now, if your wondering how i made up this story, well here is some info for you. I had a treasure card version of elf which was so hard to obtain.

So, if you think adding one small dot for a school already disadvantaged in pvp is unfair, then you need to get a hold of your self. There are ice and life wins running around with over 5k health. So adding one small, tiny dot for a school who has useless minions, low health and is not even the tiniest bit alive below level 60 in pvp would be greatly appreciated for storm wizards. So balance lord i don't see how spamming wild bolt would have helped me in that 1v1 match. In fact, i would have lost that match.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
thebalancelord111 on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
I am a balance wizard and you don't see balance wizards complaining about dots.
Just use a wild bolt to remove it, it costs the same pips and can deal much more damage.
Genius. :P


Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
thebalancelord111 on Feb 23, 2015 wrote:
I am a balance wizard and you don't see balance wizards complaining about dots.
Just use a wild bolt to remove it, it costs the same pips and can deal much more damage.
I already suggested lots of tactics to deal with shields if you saw my first post.

This reply pretty much illustrates my point in the second post. "There's really no problem," ignores the complaint.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
63
I AM ABSOLUTELY sick and tired of storm being disadvantaged in pvp! There is a reason why not that many people are choosing storm for 1v1 anymore and thats because we are horrible at it.

I recently saw a youtube video on Michael stormcloud, the top pvp ranker. I expected some excellent skill and watched with intense excitement. Well, it turns out he just spammed insane bolt and got lucky three times. I was extremely disappointed and i think KI needs to rethink how storm is placed in pvp.

How dare you guys say that other schools can't attack in pvp?! Death school( the new shadow spell) can deal over 3k in pvp and get 1500 health back!! You don't find that unfair, but you find storm owl unfair?

Ice now has abominable weaver which puts a -75% shield on them after doing mass damage. But then ice bird breaks shields and gives them one blade! To get a card like that storm has to not only find the pet and train it, they have to get good talents so they don't look bad in the arena. I am talking about the rain beetle.

I have asked so many storm warlords how they made it to where they are and most of them spammed wild bolt or insane bolt and got lucky. Sure balance doesn't have dots, but they have an excellent minion which blades them, gives them pips and sometimes buys them a round with mantle. Our minion!? Useless. Utterly USELESS. Life wizards have so much health, they do not even need a dot!

All i am saying is that by bringing one useful spell for storm, like storm elf, we may actually have a chance of winning properly in 1v1. We can actually start to develop proper strategies and not just sit there and spam bolts or rely heavily on our critical and hope we get lucky with the insane. Please make storm elf easier to obtain or make it a treasure card so that storm can finally have a chance in 1v1 properly.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Talon Spiritbreake... on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
I AM ABSOLUTELY sick and tired of storm being disadvantaged in pvp! There is a reason why not that many people are choosing storm for 1v1 anymore and thats because we are horrible at it.

I recently saw a youtube video on Michael stormcloud, the top pvp ranker. I expected some excellent skill and watched with intense excitement. Well, it turns out he just spammed insane bolt and got lucky three times. I was extremely disappointed and i think KI needs to rethink how storm is placed in pvp.

How dare you guys say that other schools can't attack in pvp?! Death school( the new shadow spell) can deal over 3k in pvp and get 1500 health back!! You don't find that unfair, but you find storm owl unfair?

Ice now has abominable weaver which puts a -75% shield on them after doing mass damage. But then ice bird breaks shields and gives them one blade! To get a card like that storm has to not only find the pet and train it, they have to get good talents so they don't look bad in the arena. I am talking about the rain beetle.

I have asked so many storm warlords how they made it to where they are and most of them spammed wild bolt or insane bolt and got lucky. Sure balance doesn't have dots, but they have an excellent minion which blades them, gives them pips and sometimes buys them a round with mantle. Our minion!? Useless. Utterly USELESS. Life wizards have so much health, they do not even need a dot!

All i am saying is that by bringing one useful spell for storm, like storm elf, we may actually have a chance of winning properly in 1v1. We can actually start to develop proper strategies and not just sit there and spam bolts or rely heavily on our critical and hope we get lucky with the insane. Please make storm elf easier to obtain or make it a treasure card so that storm can finally have a chance in 1v1 properly.
Okay, take a chill pill real quick. Using insane bolt in PvP is a fairly good tactic in 1v1 if you're storm. I've never seen it hit the caster in PvP. I'm not saying other schools can't attack in PvP. I'm saying they can't kill real quick like storm can. I am death, but i still agree with those who say our new shadow enhanced spell is slightly unfair. I do not think storm owl is unfair.

Abominable weaver puts that shield on them, yes that is a good spell but it isnt unfair in any way. Ice is defense so why would their spell not shield? Ice bird is a fair spell as well. If the other schools had a spell like it, they would all be the same and being in one school wouldnt matter much. each school has its advantages and disadvantages. that is the way it should be.

As for looking good in the arena . . . Do you mean being good, or just looking good? Who needs to look good! I mean really, you dont have to look op to be cool. you can be op without looking like it

Storm has its own tactics that fit the school. do them or come up with your own. Balance's minion = DoTs? That doesnt sound right to me. yes, it is a good minion but it doesnt = a DoT. Their minions work the way they should because they are balance. storm's is storm so they work a different way. Life wizards with so much health? balance has more health than life btw.

Storm has its own spells that fit that school. you cannot ask for one school to become the other. each one is different for its own reason. each one is different and that is the way it should be.

so please. i am SICK of hearing people try to take away one school's purpose and put it on another! Ice is defense and it should stay that way. no complaining about their shields and trying to fix that! they are the shield. That is what their school is. Balance is the balance between all schools. that is what they are! Death are swappers so please stop moaning about how unfair dark pact and bad juju or sacrifice is! or the fact that we dont heal! we swap and that is how it should be. we sacrifice. Life is about healing, and that is how it should be. Myth is about minions, wards and such. that is how it should be! storm? Storm wizards are special in their own way and they have their own purpose. damage and quick kills.

One of the things i like about Wizard101 is that you have to work as a team on some occasions. you need more than one school, a friend. If storm became fire and ice, and death became life and myth, there would hardly be a purpose for teamwork. the way i see it, we just need to see that the schools are different and they'll stay that way. they are different for a reason, and that is one thing that makes the game fun.

as for storms in PvP . . . Find what your school does best and do it. stop wishing for your school to be every school and become a storm wizard. I understand that storm elf would help you considerably, but it isnt in Storm's blood, so to speak. Storm is storm and it should stay that way.

Death Rules

Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
3
kylesar1 on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
This card is a Storm version of Fire Elf.
The only way you can get this card is by the pet Storm Elf or by Mutate Storm Elf TC

However, Mutate Storm Elf TC are so insanely rare, that it's not even worth it to train Elf anymore. Across all my wizards, I have about 15. It took me about 2 months to gather them all, and I'm scared of using them because it'll take forever to replenish them

99.99% of PvPers trains up to Tower Shield, and 100% of the players that do also have shields against Storm
Ice gets tons of Mutate Ice Elf TC, and they have Frostbite, Snow Angel, AND Polar Swarm. They don't even need it

This is a problem. Since Storm already lacks DoT, why would KI turn around and basically disable the literal ONLY DoT Storm has. I mean there's Storm Hound, but that uses all pips, and Storm doesn't need Heckhound if they have Triton

KI should bring Mutate Storm Elf TC back. In fact, make it so the Archivist sells them. If you need an excuse, make Mutate Storm Elf trainable. This spell would really change the Storm PvP game for the better on ALL levels. Storm players could finally have a reliable DoT in their arsenal, and not for killing. Just for breaking shields and minion killing. There really is no drawback to this.

It doesn't change Storm's low life and accuracy. The spell isn't OP in the least so players can't complain. Since it's a mutate, you can't make it more powerful. This isn't some personal complaint. EVERY storm player would want this

Come on KI. Storm already has millions of shields to deal with. Can you make it at least slightly more bearable? At the very least, could you make it a more common drop?
My stats: level 33 my second school is am i doing the game right?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Shadow 343 on Mar 16, 2015 wrote:
Okay, take a chill pill real quick. Using insane bolt in PvP is a fairly good tactic in 1v1 if you're storm. I've never seen it hit the caster in PvP. I'm not saying other schools can't attack in PvP. I'm saying they can't kill real quick like storm can. I am death, but i still agree with those who say our new shadow enhanced spell is slightly unfair. I do not think storm owl is unfair.

Abominable weaver puts that shield on them, yes that is a good spell but it isnt unfair in any way. Ice is defense so why would their spell not shield? Ice bird is a fair spell as well. If the other schools had a spell like it, they would all be the same and being in one school wouldnt matter much. each school has its advantages and disadvantages. that is the way it should be.

As for looking good in the arena . . . Do you mean being good, or just looking good? Who needs to look good! I mean really, you dont have to look op to be cool. you can be op without looking like it

Storm has its own tactics that fit the school. do them or come up with your own. Balance's minion = DoTs? That doesnt sound right to me. yes, it is a good minion but it doesnt = a DoT. Their minions work the way they should because they are balance. storm's is storm so they work a different way. Life wizards with so much health? balance has more health than life btw.

Storm has its own spells that fit that school. you cannot ask for one school to become the other. each one is different for its own reason. each one is different and that is the way it should be.

so please. i am SICK of hearing people try to take away one school's purpose and put it on another! Ice is defense and it should stay that way. no complaining about their shields and trying to fix that! they are the shield. That is what their school is. Balance is the balance between all schools. that is what they are! Death are swappers so please stop moaning about how unfair dark pact and bad juju or sacrifice is! or the fact that we dont heal! we swap and that is how it should be. we sacrifice. Life is about healing, and that is how it should be. Myth is about minions, wards and such. that is how it should be! storm? Storm wizards are special in their own way and they have their own purpose. damage and quick kills.

One of the things i like about Wizard101 is that you have to work as a team on some occasions. you need more than one school, a friend. If storm became fire and ice, and death became life and myth, there would hardly be a purpose for teamwork. the way i see it, we just need to see that the schools are different and they'll stay that way. they are different for a reason, and that is one thing that makes the game fun.

as for storms in PvP . . . Find what your school does best and do it. stop wishing for your school to be every school and become a storm wizard. I understand that storm elf would help you considerably, but it isnt in Storm's blood, so to speak. Storm is storm and it should stay that way.

Death Rules
Insane bolt is a foolish tactic that has no strategic depth unless you are using it as a last resort. As a storm I have seen it hit the caster multiple times and have been hit with it multiple times. According to you we shouldn't have school's borrow from other school's? In which case:

-Lets take away every school's shadow enhanced spell since only storm is about dealing damage fast for cheap.
-Life isn't about dispelling-lets take away Gnomes
-Myth isn't about charms-goodbye Earthquake
-Fire isn't about debuffs-bye Efreet
-Ice isn't about Pip manipulation- Bye Lord of Winter
-Balance isn't about double hits- Bye Hydra and Gaze of Fate
-Death isn't about DoT's-Bye Skeletal Dragon
-Storm isn't about healing- bye healing current

As you can see taking away these tools from the school's would be completely foolish even though they do not fit in with the mantra of the school. Similarly simply because storm elf or other DoT's do not fit with the mantra of storm does not mean that the school cannot or should not have access to it.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 17, 2015 wrote:
Insane bolt is a foolish tactic that has no strategic depth unless you are using it as a last resort. As a storm I have seen it hit the caster multiple times and have been hit with it multiple times. According to you we shouldn't have school's borrow from other school's? In which case:

-Lets take away every school's shadow enhanced spell since only storm is about dealing damage fast for cheap.
-Life isn't about dispelling-lets take away Gnomes
-Myth isn't about charms-goodbye Earthquake
-Fire isn't about debuffs-bye Efreet
-Ice isn't about Pip manipulation- Bye Lord of Winter
-Balance isn't about double hits- Bye Hydra and Gaze of Fate
-Death isn't about DoT's-Bye Skeletal Dragon
-Storm isn't about healing- bye healing current

As you can see taking away these tools from the school's would be completely foolish even though they do not fit in with the mantra of the school. Similarly simply because storm elf or other DoT's do not fit with the mantra of storm does not mean that the school cannot or should not have access to it.
Look back up at your list for a minute. Read it again and tell me if you see a pattern. Okay, this is what i see: Nearly every thing you just mentioned as stealing from another school is a side affect. Save Skeletal Dragon and healing current. The Gnomes spell has a side affect of dealing two dispels to Life. Earthquake has a side affect to take away charms and so forth.

The reason i believe Death has Skeletal Dragon:
If you look at a Necromancer's cards then you will see that they deal very little damage; even when they aren't swaps. A powerful DoT will help a Death student, just like it will any other school. The reason Storm doesn't have one is because when you look at a Diviner's card; it deals very high damage.

Efreet has a side affect that i do find very unfair and annoying, but i do not think it should be taken away. It is a side affect that is acceptable for that spell and school.

I honestly do not see why Storm has Healing Current because that is a life tactic; healing others. In my opinion, healing others should be reserved for Life Students because it is their main thing. However, there is the Sacrifice spell that heals others. I do not believe that this is unacceptable because it is theoretically a swap spell, just to yourself and a friend rather than a player and enemy.

Your last paragraph here is well written and may have a point. However, i am not convinced. Giving a weaker school a DoT is acceptable because they deal lower damage; thus shields can pose a problem. I am not saying that shields are not a problem for Storm. Shields are a problem for Storms, but they are equally fair to be put against a powerful storm spell.

Storm does so much damage so quickly that the shields are basically the only thing keeping that match sane. What i am saying here is that the Storm school is very, very, very powerful. Shields affect the attack spell, but not really enough to cause the spell to not kill. True example:

I am my storm friend (He was level 97 and I was 68) did a PvP. The other team, two lvl 70 or so warlords, spammed tower shields like crazy. It drove me insane, but my friend was fine with it. He just did sirens, no critical, and it killed every single one. He had one normal blade, and enchanted blade, and an elemental blade. One of our enemies also had a storm shield and he died with the damage doing about a thousand overkill. I don't know how much pierce my partner had at the time, i think around 20-something.

My point here is that Storm does so much damage that the shields are nearly worthless. They aren't, but they might as well be.

I just think that the Storm School is so powerful, it would be cruelly unfair to the other schools of they had a DoT. Especially is they enchanted it and with their op damage; it goes way off the grid.


Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Shadow 343 on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
Look back up at your list for a minute. Read it again and tell me if you see a pattern. Okay, this is what i see: Nearly every thing you just mentioned as stealing from another school is a side affect. Save Skeletal Dragon and healing current. The Gnomes spell has a side affect of dealing two dispels to Life. Earthquake has a side affect to take away charms and so forth.

The reason i believe Death has Skeletal Dragon:
If you look at a Necromancer's cards then you will see that they deal very little damage; even when they aren't swaps. A powerful DoT will help a Death student, just like it will any other school. The reason Storm doesn't have one is because when you look at a Diviner's card; it deals very high damage.

Efreet has a side affect that i do find very unfair and annoying, but i do not think it should be taken away. It is a side affect that is acceptable for that spell and school.

I honestly do not see why Storm has Healing Current because that is a life tactic; healing others. In my opinion, healing others should be reserved for Life Students because it is their main thing. However, there is the Sacrifice spell that heals others. I do not believe that this is unacceptable because it is theoretically a swap spell, just to yourself and a friend rather than a player and enemy.

Your last paragraph here is well written and may have a point. However, i am not convinced. Giving a weaker school a DoT is acceptable because they deal lower damage; thus shields can pose a problem. I am not saying that shields are not a problem for Storm. Shields are a problem for Storms, but they are equally fair to be put against a powerful storm spell.

Storm does so much damage so quickly that the shields are basically the only thing keeping that match sane. What i am saying here is that the Storm school is very, very, very powerful. Shields affect the attack spell, but not really enough to cause the spell to not kill. True example:

I am my storm friend (He was level 97 and I was 68) did a PvP. The other team, two lvl 70 or so warlords, spammed tower shields like crazy. It drove me insane, but my friend was fine with it. He just did sirens, no critical, and it killed every single one. He had one normal blade, and enchanted blade, and an elemental blade. One of our enemies also had a storm shield and he died with the damage doing about a thousand overkill. I don't know how much pierce my partner had at the time, i think around 20-something.

My point here is that Storm does so much damage that the shields are nearly worthless. They aren't, but they might as well be.

I just think that the Storm School is so powerful, it would be cruelly unfair to the other schools of they had a DoT. Especially is they enchanted it and with their op damage; it goes way off the grid.

S343- "Look back up at your list for a minute. Read it again and tell me if you see a pattern. Okay, this is what i see: Nearly every thing you just mentioned as stealing from another school is a side affect. Save Skeletal Dragon and healing current. The Gnomes spell has a side affect of dealing two dispels. Earthquake has a side affect to take away charms"

What difference does it make if it's a side effect? It is still borrowing from the other schools.

S343- "If you look at a Necromancer's cards then you will see that they deal very little damage; even when they aren't swaps. A powerful DoT will help a Death student, just like it will any other school. The reason Storm doesn't have one is because when you look at a Diviner's card; it deals very high damage."

Storm students aren't asking for a powerful DoT. This thread centers around the storm elf mutate which does less damage than fire elf and as it is a mutate could not be enhanced. A storm elf mutate would literally be the weakest DoT in the game outside of Death Bat TC.

S343- "Efreet has a side affect that i do find very unfair and annoying, but i do not think it should be taken away. It is a side affect that is acceptable for that spell and school."

Using what criteria?

S343-"I honestly do not see why Storm has Healing Current because that is a life tactic; healing others. In my opinion, healing others should be reserved for Life Students because it is their main thing. However, there is the Sacrifice spell that heals others. I do not believe that this is unacceptable because it is theoretically a swap spell, just to yourself and a friend rather than a player and enemy."

In which case Life shouldn't have hits because that is the focus of the storm school? Availing Hands can also heal other players along with helping hands-both of which are balance.

S343-"Your last paragraph here is well written and may have a point. However, i am not convinced. Giving a weaker school a DoT is acceptable because they deal lower damage; thus shields can pose a problem. I am not saying that shields are not a problem for Storm. Shields are a problem for Storms, but they are equally fair to be put against a powerful storm spell."

Yet for some reason the second strongest school(Fire) specializes in DoT's blowing a pretty big hole in your theory that the low damage of a school justifies DoTs.

S343-"Storm does so much damage so quickly that the shields are basically the only thing keeping that match sane. What i am saying here is that the Storm school is very, very, very powerful. Shields affect the attack spell, but not really enough to cause the spell to not kill.

Your inexperience is showing here. A pvp match with 2 players is heavily in favor of other schools because storm has low health AND no effective way to get around shields. Shields do stop a spell from killing in most cases. Take a look at this 1v1 tier list:(Tier List). Notice that storm is the worst school at almost all levels.

To be continued.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Shadow 343 on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
Look back up at your list for a minute. Read it again and tell me if you see a pattern. Okay, this is what i see: Nearly every thing you just mentioned as stealing from another school is a side affect. Save Skeletal Dragon and healing current. The Gnomes spell has a side affect of dealing two dispels to Life. Earthquake has a side affect to take away charms and so forth.

The reason i believe Death has Skeletal Dragon:
If you look at a Necromancer's cards then you will see that they deal very little damage; even when they aren't swaps. A powerful DoT will help a Death student, just like it will any other school. The reason Storm doesn't have one is because when you look at a Diviner's card; it deals very high damage.

Efreet has a side affect that i do find very unfair and annoying, but i do not think it should be taken away. It is a side affect that is acceptable for that spell and school.

I honestly do not see why Storm has Healing Current because that is a life tactic; healing others. In my opinion, healing others should be reserved for Life Students because it is their main thing. However, there is the Sacrifice spell that heals others. I do not believe that this is unacceptable because it is theoretically a swap spell, just to yourself and a friend rather than a player and enemy.

Your last paragraph here is well written and may have a point. However, i am not convinced. Giving a weaker school a DoT is acceptable because they deal lower damage; thus shields can pose a problem. I am not saying that shields are not a problem for Storm. Shields are a problem for Storms, but they are equally fair to be put against a powerful storm spell.

Storm does so much damage so quickly that the shields are basically the only thing keeping that match sane. What i am saying here is that the Storm school is very, very, very powerful. Shields affect the attack spell, but not really enough to cause the spell to not kill. True example:

I am my storm friend (He was level 97 and I was 68) did a PvP. The other team, two lvl 70 or so warlords, spammed tower shields like crazy. It drove me insane, but my friend was fine with it. He just did sirens, no critical, and it killed every single one. He had one normal blade, and enchanted blade, and an elemental blade. One of our enemies also had a storm shield and he died with the damage doing about a thousand overkill. I don't know how much pierce my partner had at the time, i think around 20-something.

My point here is that Storm does so much damage that the shields are nearly worthless. They aren't, but they might as well be.

I just think that the Storm School is so powerful, it would be cruelly unfair to the other schools of they had a DoT. Especially is they enchanted it and with their op damage; it goes way off the grid.

S343: "I am my storm friend (He was level 97 and I was 68) did a PvP. The other team, two lvl 70 or so warlords, spammed tower shields like crazy. It drove me insane, but my friend was fine with it. He just did sirens, no critical, and it killed every single one. He had one normal blade, and enchanted blade, and an elemental blade. One of our enemies also had a storm shield and he died with the damage doing about a thousand overkill. I don't know how much pierce my partner had at the time, i think around 20-something. My point here is that Storm does so much damage that the shields are nearly worthless. They aren't, but they might as well be."

Your friend is over 20 levels above your opponents with access to statistics they do not have. Of course he had a massive advantage and ability to rapidly kill. Shields are far from useless against the storm school and the inability to get around them severely constrains the storm school to the point that it is in the lowest tier in almost every level range.

S343: "I just think that the Storm School is so powerful, it would be cruelly unfair to the other schools of they had a DoT. Especially is they enchanted it and with their op damage; it goes way off the grid."

Storm Elf is a non-enhance-able mutate card that does less than fire elf.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
929
I've actually used storm elf tc from time to time to set up a shield spamming opponent for a bigger hit.

It's a neat trick if you a) draw the elf when you want it, and b) haven't already invested in 2 or more blades, which would be wasted.

More often than not, though, the storm elf itself is a huge tell that you're going to alpha strike soon. That is a bigger signal for them to turtle up, than your blading or putting up a bubble. I mean, if that's what you want to see happen, it's useful. If you like stuns and fizzle charms, there you go.

It's still pretty useful as a tool in the Great Storm Toolbox. Play around with it, kick the tires, decide if it's worth training fire to elf or not (probaby will anyway because Glacial Shield is pretty neat and red elves remove towers just as good as purple ones AND ALLOW YOU TO PRISM).

Don't rely on them hanging out in bazaar. Instead, go hug a tree: Confused Forest Warrior or some such drops them freely in Mooshu.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
S343- "Look back up at your list for a minute. Read it again and tell me if you see a pattern. Okay, this is what i see: Nearly every thing you just mentioned as stealing from another school is a side affect. Save Skeletal Dragon and healing current. The Gnomes spell has a side affect of dealing two dispels. Earthquake has a side affect to take away charms"

What difference does it make if it's a side effect? It is still borrowing from the other schools.

S343- "If you look at a Necromancer's cards then you will see that they deal very little damage; even when they aren't swaps. A powerful DoT will help a Death student, just like it will any other school. The reason Storm doesn't have one is because when you look at a Diviner's card; it deals very high damage."

Storm students aren't asking for a powerful DoT. This thread centers around the storm elf mutate which does less damage than fire elf and as it is a mutate could not be enhanced. A storm elf mutate would literally be the weakest DoT in the game outside of Death Bat TC.

S343- "Efreet has a side affect that i do find very unfair and annoying, but i do not think it should be taken away. It is a side affect that is acceptable for that spell and school."

Using what criteria?

S343-"I honestly do not see why Storm has Healing Current because that is a life tactic; healing others. In my opinion, healing others should be reserved for Life Students because it is their main thing. However, there is the Sacrifice spell that heals others. I do not believe that this is unacceptable because it is theoretically a swap spell, just to yourself and a friend rather than a player and enemy."

In which case Life shouldn't have hits because that is the focus of the storm school? Availing Hands can also heal other players along with helping hands-both of which are balance.

S343-"Your last paragraph here is well written and may have a point. However, i am not convinced. Giving a weaker school a DoT is acceptable because they deal lower damage; thus shields can pose a problem. I am not saying that shields are not a problem for Storm. Shields are a problem for Storms, but they are equally fair to be put against a powerful storm spell."

Yet for some reason the second strongest school(Fire) specializes in DoT's blowing a pretty big hole in your theory that the low damage of a school justifies DoTs.

S343-"Storm does so much damage so quickly that the shields are basically the only thing keeping that match sane. What i am saying here is that the Storm school is very, very, very powerful. Shields affect the attack spell, but not really enough to cause the spell to not kill.

Your inexperience is showing here. A pvp match with 2 players is heavily in favor of other schools because storm has low health AND no effective way to get around shields. Shields do stop a spell from killing in most cases. Take a look at this 1v1 tier list:(Tier List). Notice that storm is the worst school at almost all levels.

To be continued.
Ugh, i already typed this but it deleted and i'm too tired to do it all over. Thus, i'm just going to get to the point.

Efreet. The weakness slows down your enemy because it is such a large amount of damage taken away. The actual spell efreet costs eight pips. large number of pips, large weakness. Fire is about slow killing, thus a powerful weakness like the one efreet gives in acceptable because it slows the kills on both teams.

I'd bet that if storm elf became a real spell or TC grew larger in stock, somehow somewhere it would become another OP spell in storm's deck.

Taking attacks from life is the dumbest idea i've ever heard. Storm is about high damage, not damage overall.

Fire deals enough damage to be acceptable for it being a DoT school. Not too high and not too low.

I admit that i am not a storm wizard, but i believe most of this information i am saying is valid. You said, ". . .no effective way around shields." Not true. I havent been coming right out and saying this question, but here it is.

What is the point of storm elf anyway? It would just break shields which a wand slash can do! Or is there another reason y'all want it? Wild bolt and wand slashes to the exact same thing! What's the problem?

Continued.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
S343: "I am my storm friend (He was level 97 and I was 68) did a PvP. The other team, two lvl 70 or so warlords, spammed tower shields like crazy. It drove me insane, but my friend was fine with it. He just did sirens, no critical, and it killed every single one. He had one normal blade, and enchanted blade, and an elemental blade. One of our enemies also had a storm shield and he died with the damage doing about a thousand overkill. I don't know how much pierce my partner had at the time, i think around 20-something. My point here is that Storm does so much damage that the shields are nearly worthless. They aren't, but they might as well be."

Your friend is over 20 levels above your opponents with access to statistics they do not have. Of course he had a massive advantage and ability to rapidly kill. Shields are far from useless against the storm school and the inability to get around them severely constrains the storm school to the point that it is in the lowest tier in almost every level range.

S343: "I just think that the Storm School is so powerful, it would be cruelly unfair to the other schools of they had a DoT. Especially is they enchanted it and with their op damage; it goes way off the grid."

Storm Elf is a non-enhance-able mutate card that does less than fire elf.
My friend may have been twenty levels above the others, but so what? I myself have beaten two level one hundreds, life and ice, solo! I was at level 75 at the time. Level difference matters at times, but so does skill. A true storm wizard, who actually is meant to be in that school and understands it, will have real skill being a storm wizard. Only the schools you should be in will you really understand. and once more. There are these wands and they give slashes from different schools. You can get them at a shop or buy them. You could get one with a storm slash so you can BREAK SHIELDS.

"Storm elf is a non-enhance-able mutate card that does less damage than fire elf." I believe i have stated this in one of my other posts that is now lost in a jumble of others. But i'll say it again. Look at the average storm damage. On my friends list, the majority of storm friends there have a hundred damage! They also have a lot of crit and armor piercing. If KI releases Storm Elf more openly, it would NOT stay "weak".

Now, answer me this please. Why do you need Elf when you have wand slashes? Why Elf if you have wild bolt? Why elf if you have thunder snake? There are so many spells that can break shields, why elf?


Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Shadow 343 on Mar 20, 2015 wrote:
Ugh, i already typed this but it deleted and i'm too tired to do it all over. Thus, i'm just going to get to the point.

Efreet. The weakness slows down your enemy because it is such a large amount of damage taken away. The actual spell efreet costs eight pips. large number of pips, large weakness. Fire is about slow killing, thus a powerful weakness like the one efreet gives in acceptable because it slows the kills on both teams.

I'd bet that if storm elf became a real spell or TC grew larger in stock, somehow somewhere it would become another OP spell in storm's deck.

Taking attacks from life is the dumbest idea i've ever heard. Storm is about high damage, not damage overall.

Fire deals enough damage to be acceptable for it being a DoT school. Not too high and not too low.

I admit that i am not a storm wizard, but i believe most of this information i am saying is valid. You said, ". . .no effective way around shields." Not true. I havent been coming right out and saying this question, but here it is.

What is the point of storm elf anyway? It would just break shields which a wand slash can do! Or is there another reason y'all want it? Wild bolt and wand slashes to the exact same thing! What's the problem?

Continued.
Shadow 343- "Efreet. The weakness slows down your enemy because it is such a large amount of damage taken away. The actual spell efreet costs eight pips. large number of pips, large weakness. Fire is about slow killing, thus a powerful weakness like the one efreet gives in acceptable because it slows the kills on both teams."

Efreet is a large damage spike which leads itself into fast kills not slow kills(such as DoTs).

Shadow 343- "I'd bet that if storm elf became a real spell or TC grew larger in stock, somehow somewhere it would become another OP spell in storm's deck."

Your argument has stepped outside the realm of logic. You offer no supporting evidence other than the fact that "somehow somewhere" it would become another OP spell?

Shadow 343- "Taking attacks from life is the dumbest idea i've ever heard. Storm is about high damage, not damage overall."

Agreed; just as storm has no monopoly on attacks life has no monopoly on heals.

Shadow 343- "Fire deals enough damage to be acceptable for it being a DoT school. Not too high and not too low."

Lol so your argument has pretty much devolved into every school but storm should have DoTs. That's clear bias if I ever saw it.

Shadow 343- "I admit that i am not a storm wizard, but i believe most of this information i am saying is valid. You said, ". . .no effective way around shields." Not true. I havent been coming right out and saying this question, but here it is.

What is the point of storm elf anyway? It would just break shields which a wand slash can do! Or is there another reason y'all want it? Wild bolt and wand slashes to the exact same thing! What's the problem?"

The point of storm elf is the same point of any low level DoT. To remove multiple shields with a one round commitment and to produce pressure on the opponent.