Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Shadow 343 on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
x sigh x. The one thing I don't like about trying to get a point through is that some folks have different perspectives and they take my words down the wrong course. Thus you are doing here.

You cannot compare a lvl 70's stats with a lvl 100 and expect to get better stats from the lvl 70. But you can match up a lvl 70 with a lvl 100 and expect to have the 70 win. There is a difference.
No you cannot expect them to win. The lvl 70 has a chance to win but the lvl 100 has a much better chance for all the reasons we have cited. Either way this has nothing to do with storm elf and the storm school.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
Shadow 343 on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
x sigh x. The one thing I don't like about trying to get a point through is that some folks have different perspectives and they take my words down the wrong course. Thus you are doing here.

You cannot compare a lvl 70's stats with a lvl 100 and expect to get better stats from the lvl 70. But you can match up a lvl 70 with a lvl 100 and expect to have the 70 win. There is a difference.
You can't expect a level 70 to even get the Exalted wizard down to even half of their health. Let's compare the tools given to Exalted that a flat level 70 does not have:
-Avalon spells
-Shadow Shrike
-Dark Nova
-Dark Fiend
-A chance to critical on a level 70
-Any spell level 70+
- 30-50% more damage
-8-45% more universal resist
-Perfect accuracy
-Perfect power pip chance
-A 5 pip attack spell that's stronger than most 10 pip attack spells

No matter how much resist a Transcendent will try to throw on, the Exalted can easily break it down due to Shadow Shrike, King Artorius spells, and phenomenal critical percentages. As I said before, an Exalted wizard has the offensive capability to take down Juju Jades, wizards with 77% (usually around or over 100% resist if you're Balance) to your school who spam Bad Juju, a -90% weakness. Juju Jades are dying in Ranked PvP and aren't nearly as successful as they used to be. If Exalted wizard can take down this strong of a defense, I doubt a Transcendent could survive 5 minutes against an adequately experienced Exalted player. Think about it this way, if a Transcendent is struggling to survive against another Transcendent, how would you expect them to survive something 30 levels higher?

You could argue that the Transcendent could knock out the Exalted player before the Exalted player could knock them out, but then again, Transcendent players can't critical, spike high damage with low pip spells, get higher damage than Exalted, get higher resist than Exalted, or get high enough block to even block an Exalted player's critical.

Now that your strongest (still not a relatively good) point on Storm being too overpowered for a DoT has been refuted (since the last 6 pages), there's still no valid reason why Storm can't get a DoT if Fire has one, while having the same power as Storm.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
5
The Storm school exalted gear allows Storm wizards to exceed 100% accuracy. Storm still has low health, however. Due to Storm's proficiency in powering up and dealing large amounts of damage very quickly, Storm does not need a Damage Over Time spell. Storm gaining access to a reliable DOT would render all other schools helpless to the unblocked Storm spells.

Main advantages to Storm school in pvp (in and around level 100):
Insanely high damage percentage off of gear (upwards of 100%)
100% accuracy or higher
Very high critical hit percentage
Very high armor pierce percentage
Very powerful spells

Main disadvantages to Storm school in pvp (in and around level 100):
Lowest health of all schools
Inability to combine very high resistances to all schools and damage
Inability to combine very high block rating with very high critical hit ratio/damage
No reliable DOT spell

Overall, the Storm school's advantages highly out-weigh its disadvantages. Storm can already pierce through most resistances and shields with spear spells, infallible, Shadow Shrike and the Khyrsalis bubble. Due to Storm's high critical hit ratio, every school will have a low chance of blocking the critical. If the few disadvantages ruin the Storm school for you, then there is simply one answer: do not play the Storm school. Now, you may be thinking, every other school gets a DOT (exception of Balance, as far as I am aware, but they get things like Hydra so it's fine), so why shouldn't Storm? As stated, armor pierce and critical can make shields useless. If Storm obtained a reliable DOT, everyone would complain about how unfair it is. No need to complain about not having a DOT when you can simply use Shatter treasure cards. Do not complain when there is no need to complain and that there is already a solution to the problem.





Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
25
seether9899 on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
The Storm school exalted gear allows Storm wizards to exceed 100% accuracy. Storm still has low health, however. Due to Storm's proficiency in powering up and dealing large amounts of damage very quickly, Storm does not need a Damage Over Time spell. Storm gaining access to a reliable DOT would render all other schools helpless to the unblocked Storm spells.

Main advantages to Storm school in pvp (in and around level 100):
Insanely high damage percentage off of gear (upwards of 100%)
100% accuracy or higher
Very high critical hit percentage
Very high armor pierce percentage
Very powerful spells

Main disadvantages to Storm school in pvp (in and around level 100):
Lowest health of all schools
Inability to combine very high resistances to all schools and damage
Inability to combine very high block rating with very high critical hit ratio/damage
No reliable DOT spell

Overall, the Storm school's advantages highly out-weigh its disadvantages. Storm can already pierce through most resistances and shields with spear spells, infallible, Shadow Shrike and the Khyrsalis bubble. Due to Storm's high critical hit ratio, every school will have a low chance of blocking the critical. If the few disadvantages ruin the Storm school for you, then there is simply one answer: do not play the Storm school. Now, you may be thinking, every other school gets a DOT (exception of Balance, as far as I am aware, but they get things like Hydra so it's fine), so why shouldn't Storm? As stated, armor pierce and critical can make shields useless. If Storm obtained a reliable DOT, everyone would complain about how unfair it is. No need to complain about not having a DOT when you can simply use Shatter treasure cards. Do not complain when there is no need to complain and that there is already a solution to the problem.




you forget that storm has the lowest power pip rate, which means they get to actually use fewer attacks than any other school. and any school can get upward of 100% damage, even ice. these are facts.

any other school can get high damage but only storm gets shield spammed. this is only because there's no DOT. you know what would happen if storm got a DOT? people would start doing other things than shield shield shield. that's all. the game wouldn't break. the sun would still come up. mothers would still love their babies.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
seether9899 on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
The Storm school exalted gear allows Storm wizards to exceed 100% accuracy. Storm still has low health, however. Due to Storm's proficiency in powering up and dealing large amounts of damage very quickly, Storm does not need a Damage Over Time spell. Storm gaining access to a reliable DOT would render all other schools helpless to the unblocked Storm spells.

Main advantages to Storm school in pvp (in and around level 100):
Insanely high damage percentage off of gear (upwards of 100%)
100% accuracy or higher
Very high critical hit percentage
Very high armor pierce percentage
Very powerful spells

Main disadvantages to Storm school in pvp (in and around level 100):
Lowest health of all schools
Inability to combine very high resistances to all schools and damage
Inability to combine very high block rating with very high critical hit ratio/damage
No reliable DOT spell

Overall, the Storm school's advantages highly out-weigh its disadvantages. Storm can already pierce through most resistances and shields with spear spells, infallible, Shadow Shrike and the Khyrsalis bubble. Due to Storm's high critical hit ratio, every school will have a low chance of blocking the critical. If the few disadvantages ruin the Storm school for you, then there is simply one answer: do not play the Storm school. Now, you may be thinking, every other school gets a DOT (exception of Balance, as far as I am aware, but they get things like Hydra so it's fine), so why shouldn't Storm? As stated, armor pierce and critical can make shields useless. If Storm obtained a reliable DOT, everyone would complain about how unfair it is. No need to complain about not having a DOT when you can simply use Shatter treasure cards. Do not complain when there is no need to complain and that there is already a solution to the problem.




The advantages of the majority of exalted schools include:
High Damage Percentage off gear(over 100%)
100% accuracy or higher
High Critical Hit percentage
High Armor Pierce percentage
Powerful Spells
High Health Buffer

As for storm piercing through most shields and resistances while using all those tools- yes they can. So can every other school while also having a DoT spell. Every School utilizing DM gear has a 60+% chance to block storm's critical so no they do not have a very high chance to critical. People seem to be taking Storm's massive disadvantage to heart as Storm has the lowest leaderboard presence by volume by far. Armor pierce and critical does not make shields useless. As for Shatter TC-they are tempo inefficient. Clearly there is a need to complain and the solution to the problem is inefficient.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
81
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
Some rough comparisons
a)They have lower resist between 1%-11% lower

b)They do have higher attack(between 13-29% higher) higher pierce(between 7-18% higher) and higher critical(between 5%-25% higher)

c)They have lower health (between 1000-3000 lower) which is between 25%-75% lower

Clearly storm is not dominating PvP based on the evidence everyone has posted here. With DM gear all schools have close to perfect to above perfect accuracy.
You are comparing a level 30 storm to a level 100 ice.
Or a REALLY bad stats exalted storm to a really good exalted ice.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
63
Eric Stormbringer! Is that you from duelist101? If you are, great exalted guide. I am currently level 93 and when i hit exalted, i am looking forward to becoming a warlord, so thank you for the guide if that is you.

Talon Spiritbreaker lvl 93

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Talon Spiritbreake... on Apr 26, 2015 wrote:
Eric Stormbringer! Is that you from duelist101? If you are, great exalted guide. I am currently level 93 and when i hit exalted, i am looking forward to becoming a warlord, so thank you for the guide if that is you.

Talon Spiritbreaker lvl 93
You're welcome! I wish I could offer you something simpler but storm is a tough school to play. Best of luck!

Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
63
I would love to watch you play with the new exalted setup Eric. I love the fact that the deck only had 36 cards in in! I wish i was a warlord, lol but my rank is extremely low.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Talon Spiritbreake... on Apr 28, 2015 wrote:
I would love to watch you play with the new exalted setup Eric. I love the fact that the deck only had 36 cards in in! I wish i was a warlord, lol but my rank is extremely low.
This thread has some matches on it: 1v1 Storm PvP

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
33
Ok so I just read this whole thread today and saw a lot of valid points and a lot of off topic things like comparing stats of ice to storm of completely different levels. I mean how is that going to help prove the points between Eric and Shadow. Also I do agree with Shadow that storm does not need a DoT and because of Eric bending what other people are saying I just can not side with him because the stats of a storm are already extremely high that a DoT would pierce the shield and crit and already be double damage with their stats.

Storm may be a low rank total on the leaderboard but the ones I see on there are high up there. Shadow I agree and disagree. Like I said I do agree with storm not needing a DoT. Storm is a glass cannon approach where if they don't kill quick they won't kill at all and they need to be efficient so they have low health etc.

I disagree though that Storm doesn't need a boost I think they need maybe three hundred more hp for one vs one matches. I have played a storm and ice so from both perspectives I think that storm needs lower defensive stats with maybe some higher health. This could balance with ice having maybe 80% resist with 90% damage or something around that seems fair especially since the game is focused on PvE not PvP.

Because the game Is more PvE focused it would be hard to balance PvP because KI is generally more focused on making interesting boss battles with the new exalted dungeons coming out.

Lastly, If I would have to side with someone here it would be Shadow because I feel Shadow is putting up more valid answers and what Eric has used as counter arguments about a storm not having a DoT is BECAUSE THEY DONT NEED ONE they are already strong enough to hit through shields. I met a few people in Mount Olympus who wasn't even phased by shields they would pierce through.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
LiquidTrtle on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Ok so I just read this whole thread today and saw a lot of valid points and a lot of off topic things like comparing stats of ice to storm of completely different levels. I mean how is that going to help prove the points between Eric and Shadow. Also I do agree with Shadow that storm does not need a DoT and because of Eric bending what other people are saying I just can not side with him because the stats of a storm are already extremely high that a DoT would pierce the shield and crit and already be double damage with their stats.

Storm may be a low rank total on the leaderboard but the ones I see on there are high up there. Shadow I agree and disagree. Like I said I do agree with storm not needing a DoT. Storm is a glass cannon approach where if they don't kill quick they won't kill at all and they need to be efficient so they have low health etc.

I disagree though that Storm doesn't need a boost I think they need maybe three hundred more hp for one vs one matches. I have played a storm and ice so from both perspectives I think that storm needs lower defensive stats with maybe some higher health. This could balance with ice having maybe 80% resist with 90% damage or something around that seems fair especially since the game is focused on PvE not PvP.

Because the game Is more PvE focused it would be hard to balance PvP because KI is generally more focused on making interesting boss battles with the new exalted dungeons coming out.

Lastly, If I would have to side with someone here it would be Shadow because I feel Shadow is putting up more valid answers and what Eric has used as counter arguments about a storm not having a DoT is BECAUSE THEY DONT NEED ONE they are already strong enough to hit through shields. I met a few people in Mount Olympus who wasn't even phased by shields they would pierce through.
The point isn't whether or not Storm is capable of hitting through shields and still doing solid amounts of damage, it can, but so can any other school. The problem is that Storm is supposed to be the offensive leading school but it's completely outclassed offense-wise by Fire and even Balance at most times. Both these schools have easy ways of getting around shields or have very few shields made to counter them, which is a large offensive push. Storm however relies purely on offense and isn't even given the right tools to become overly offensive, unless it just gets really lucky.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2012
17
Storm elf spam, then wild bolt spam. That is all I should have to say. Forget that!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
33
PvP King on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
The point isn't whether or not Storm is capable of hitting through shields and still doing solid amounts of damage, it can, but so can any other school. The problem is that Storm is supposed to be the offensive leading school but it's completely outclassed offense-wise by Fire and even Balance at most times. Both these schools have easy ways of getting around shields or have very few shields made to counter them, which is a large offensive push. Storm however relies purely on offense and isn't even given the right tools to become overly offensive, unless it just gets really lucky.
Ok so if any point had to come across there I think it should be storm should not get a DoT but a stat increase with more pierce and less resist or something like that

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
LiquidTrtle on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Ok so if any point had to come across there I think it should be storm should not get a DoT but a stat increase with more pierce and less resist or something like that
1) Armor pierce is already way too high in this meta.
2) Storm with low resist is suicide.

Storm can literally be one shotted by any school in the game, including Ice. A resist or block rating decrease will make Storm the absolute most useless school in the game PvP-wise.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
LiquidTrtle on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Ok so I just read this whole thread today and saw a lot of valid points and a lot of off topic things like comparing stats of ice to storm of completely different levels. I mean how is that going to help prove the points between Eric and Shadow. Also I do agree with Shadow that storm does not need a DoT and because of Eric bending what other people are saying I just can not side with him because the stats of a storm are already extremely high that a DoT would pierce the shield and crit and already be double damage with their stats.

Storm may be a low rank total on the leaderboard but the ones I see on there are high up there. Shadow I agree and disagree. Like I said I do agree with storm not needing a DoT. Storm is a glass cannon approach where if they don't kill quick they won't kill at all and they need to be efficient so they have low health etc.

I disagree though that Storm doesn't need a boost I think they need maybe three hundred more hp for one vs one matches. I have played a storm and ice so from both perspectives I think that storm needs lower defensive stats with maybe some higher health. This could balance with ice having maybe 80% resist with 90% damage or something around that seems fair especially since the game is focused on PvE not PvP.

Because the game Is more PvE focused it would be hard to balance PvP because KI is generally more focused on making interesting boss battles with the new exalted dungeons coming out.

Lastly, If I would have to side with someone here it would be Shadow because I feel Shadow is putting up more valid answers and what Eric has used as counter arguments about a storm not having a DoT is BECAUSE THEY DONT NEED ONE they are already strong enough to hit through shields. I met a few people in Mount Olympus who wasn't even phased by shields they would pierce through.
All of your arguments are centered around PvE which has no bearing at all to this argument. A storm elf card would do absolutely nothing to overpower storm in PvE-in fact it would be a complete waste of time for storm to use it in a PvE scenario. You state you have an Ice and a Storm. What is their experience in 1v1 PvP? Ice with 80% resist and 90% damage would completely dominate storm and storm already has trouble surviving with its current defenses much less with them lowered. Storm is an excellent class to do PvE with(as you yourself have pointed with Mount Olympus) however it is in PvP it suffers and it is there something like a storm elf mutate would come most in handy.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Brynn SilverHeart on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Storm elf spam, then wild bolt spam. That is all I should have to say. Forget that!
Which would equal one very dead storm since:

a)Storm elf is weak
b)Wild bolt is completely luck based

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
LiquidTrtle on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Ok so if any point had to come across there I think it should be storm should not get a DoT but a stat increase with more pierce and less resist or something like that
More pierce does not help Storm in PvP without a DoT simply because of the shield issue. Any school can easily shut down storm by placing a specific shield which will absorb the majority of storm's pierce. It's simple math.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
LiquidTrtle on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Ok so I just read this whole thread today and saw a lot of valid points and a lot of off topic things like comparing stats of ice to storm of completely different levels. I mean how is that going to help prove the points between Eric and Shadow. Also I do agree with Shadow that storm does not need a DoT and because of Eric bending what other people are saying I just can not side with him because the stats of a storm are already extremely high that a DoT would pierce the shield and crit and already be double damage with their stats.

Storm may be a low rank total on the leaderboard but the ones I see on there are high up there. Shadow I agree and disagree. Like I said I do agree with storm not needing a DoT. Storm is a glass cannon approach where if they don't kill quick they won't kill at all and they need to be efficient so they have low health etc.

I disagree though that Storm doesn't need a boost I think they need maybe three hundred more hp for one vs one matches. I have played a storm and ice so from both perspectives I think that storm needs lower defensive stats with maybe some higher health. This could balance with ice having maybe 80% resist with 90% damage or something around that seems fair especially since the game is focused on PvE not PvP.

Because the game Is more PvE focused it would be hard to balance PvP because KI is generally more focused on making interesting boss battles with the new exalted dungeons coming out.

Lastly, If I would have to side with someone here it would be Shadow because I feel Shadow is putting up more valid answers and what Eric has used as counter arguments about a storm not having a DoT is BECAUSE THEY DONT NEED ONE they are already strong enough to hit through shields. I met a few people in Mount Olympus who wasn't even phased by shields they would pierce through.
On another note you claim I was bending other people's words? I have acknowledged each and every argument posed directly and in extensive detail far more so than Shadow has done. Shadow has bought made up statistics and questionable platitudes to the table where I have backed up my arguments with demonstrable facts and solid data. I'm really curious as to where you see me twisting anyone's words.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
33
Eric Stormbringer on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
All of your arguments are centered around PvE which has no bearing at all to this argument. A storm elf card would do absolutely nothing to overpower storm in PvE-in fact it would be a complete waste of time for storm to use it in a PvE scenario. You state you have an Ice and a Storm. What is their experience in 1v1 PvP? Ice with 80% resist and 90% damage would completely dominate storm and storm already has trouble surviving with its current defenses much less with them lowered. Storm is an excellent class to do PvE with(as you yourself have pointed with Mount Olympus) however it is in PvP it suffers and it is there something like a storm elf mutate would come most in handy.
I am not trying to be hostile but I didn't say it would help in a PvE situation. Also more pierce would most definitely help with shields even if they absorb if they have like a seventy five pierce or so the shield will be weaker. I am also trying to see both sides here and twisting words was not completely what I meant but there is not words to convey what I meant. Also sorry if you think there was any disrespect.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
LiquidTrtle on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
I am not trying to be hostile but I didn't say it would help in a PvE situation. Also more pierce would most definitely help with shields even if they absorb if they have like a seventy five pierce or so the shield will be weaker. I am also trying to see both sides here and twisting words was not completely what I meant but there is not words to convey what I meant. Also sorry if you think there was any disrespect.
An increase in armor pierce up to 75% wouldn't make Storm balanced, it would make Storm an insanely overpowered school. The last thing this meta needs is more armor pierce. Instead of breaking Storm, it'd be easier for Storm to get a DoT, even if it costed maybe 5 pips. As of now, Storm is the only school that doesn't have a multi-shield clearing spell, which is where it lacks in offensive capabilities to other schools.

Life has Spinysaur, Myth and Fire have too many to count, Ice has Snow Angel, Frostbite, Balance now has Gaze of Fate (an overpowered spell), Death has Skeletal Dragon and Poison, and Storm is left with a 2 pip shield remover which every other school has.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
LiquidTrtle on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
Ok so I just read this whole thread today and saw a lot of valid points and a lot of off topic things like comparing stats of ice to storm of completely different levels. I mean how is that going to help prove the points between Eric and Shadow. Also I do agree with Shadow that storm does not need a DoT and because of Eric bending what other people are saying I just can not side with him because the stats of a storm are already extremely high that a DoT would pierce the shield and crit and already be double damage with their stats.

Storm may be a low rank total on the leaderboard but the ones I see on there are high up there. Shadow I agree and disagree. Like I said I do agree with storm not needing a DoT. Storm is a glass cannon approach where if they don't kill quick they won't kill at all and they need to be efficient so they have low health etc.

I disagree though that Storm doesn't need a boost I think they need maybe three hundred more hp for one vs one matches. I have played a storm and ice so from both perspectives I think that storm needs lower defensive stats with maybe some higher health. This could balance with ice having maybe 80% resist with 90% damage or something around that seems fair especially since the game is focused on PvE not PvP.

Because the game Is more PvE focused it would be hard to balance PvP because KI is generally more focused on making interesting boss battles with the new exalted dungeons coming out.

Lastly, If I would have to side with someone here it would be Shadow because I feel Shadow is putting up more valid answers and what Eric has used as counter arguments about a storm not having a DoT is BECAUSE THEY DONT NEED ONE they are already strong enough to hit through shields. I met a few people in Mount Olympus who wasn't even phased by shields they would pierce through.
With the new jewel update, storm gets that extra 300 hp.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
PvP King on Jul 7, 2015 wrote:
The point isn't whether or not Storm is capable of hitting through shields and still doing solid amounts of damage, it can, but so can any other school. The problem is that Storm is supposed to be the offensive leading school but it's completely outclassed offense-wise by Fire and even Balance at most times. Both these schools have easy ways of getting around shields or have very few shields made to counter them, which is a large offensive push. Storm however relies purely on offense and isn't even given the right tools to become overly offensive, unless it just gets really lucky.
Okay, slow down. What do you mean the point isn't that's storm can't kill through shields If they can kill through shields, then why do you need a DoT!

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
PvP King on Jul 12, 2015 wrote:
An increase in armor pierce up to 75% wouldn't make Storm balanced, it would make Storm an insanely overpowered school. The last thing this meta needs is more armor pierce. Instead of breaking Storm, it'd be easier for Storm to get a DoT, even if it costed maybe 5 pips. As of now, Storm is the only school that doesn't have a multi-shield clearing spell, which is where it lacks in offensive capabilities to other schools.

Life has Spinysaur, Myth and Fire have too many to count, Ice has Snow Angel, Frostbite, Balance now has Gaze of Fate (an overpowered spell), Death has Skeletal Dragon and Poison, and Storm is left with a 2 pip shield remover which every other school has.
And there's a reason for that. If storm had a DoT and its current OP spells and stats, there would be no balance whatsoever. I'm not objecting to the idea of boosting storm's stats, but you have to think about storm's opposite: Ice. You're probably going, "Shadow, hullo? Myth is storm's opposite." I don't mean in game, I mean irl. Storm is offense and ice is defense-opposites.

If storm stats were boosted, something would need to be done to Ice to keep them alive. Any suggestions?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
Shadow 343 on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
And there's a reason for that. If storm had a DoT and its current OP spells and stats, there would be no balance whatsoever. I'm not objecting to the idea of boosting storm's stats, but you have to think about storm's opposite: Ice. You're probably going, "Shadow, hullo? Myth is storm's opposite." I don't mean in game, I mean irl. Storm is offense and ice is defense-opposites.

If storm stats were boosted, something would need to be done to Ice to keep them alive. Any suggestions?
Fire already has equivalent armor pierce to Storm and maintains almost the same damage boost as most Storms. Fire From Above also does 180 more damage than Glowbug Squall and if you add up damage boost and armor pierce, Fire From Above will be doing more damage than Glowbug Squall. On top of that Fire dealing more damage than Storm with base spells, Fire also has DoT's which makes their attacks that much harder to defend against, as well as an unlimited amount of Fire Beetle TC in the Bazaar. On top of that even, Fire is much better than Storm defensively due to its much higher health buffer, slight raise in resist, so Fire is better offensively and defensively than Storm, so what does Storm have?