Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 12-19-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Well, my dear Wizards, the holidays are upon us. But, before we settle down for a long winter's nap, let's do our favorite Friday thing...

It's tradition, we ask this every year, and it's always incredibly insightful. Let's hear it - what was your favorite addition to Wizard101 in 2014? Was it Khrysalis part 2? The B.O.X.E.S. event? One of the four new dungeons? Fishing? Team Up? If you want to refresh your memory, you can check out the update notes for January, March, April, July, September, and November.

We'll leave this one up through January 9th, 2015, where we'll resume with our traditional FIRST question of each year. Stay warm, and thank you for being such great students. From all of us at Ravenwood, we want to wish everyone a wonderful holiday!

See you in the spiral!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Community Leader
I loved the fishing update. It gave me something else to do with my spare energy after pets and gardening.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
Personally, I enjoy the new dungeons, they are so fun, and I just LOVE the new fire spell from Darkmoor. I've love to have the fire spell be a hit-all like storm, but it's great as is :)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
I really enjoyed the 5 B.O.X.E.S. Went to all of them over and over again. Can't wait for their return.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I love all the new holiday items. Now if we could get some xmas quests to go with the new items that would be great. Would like to see more globes available maybe bigger ones. Tree lights that blink. just loving all the holiday stuff lol

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
-All the bug fixes
-Conveniency features added such as Team-Up, Dungeon Recall, Equipment Sets, Etc...
-New Christmas additions
-5 B.O.X.E.S Event!
-Fall Update
-Tapestry Recipes galore!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
I really enjoy the new dungeons. They give me a reason to renew my membership.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Favorite thing or things of 2014..wow... love the fishing addition and I have to say looooooove the holiday housing items!
Really really hated when you guys took out the spider/GG housing items after putting it in test realm, I was soo disappointed when that happened, I was fuming for months (still am actually) definitely a cruel thing to do to those who love housing decorating. All in all I look forward to another year with Wizzy :)

Survivor
Sep 11, 2013
Could use a list of homes in crown shop to get with gold and even for a limited time get new pets that are out right now for the holidays with gold before they get gone,cause getting crowns can be hard to get for some players on wizard101

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I LOVE the fishing you guys have added!! Also the B.O.X.E.S. event was awesome and I can't wait to see it again! I also love the shadow magic.

On the flip side.. I HATE Khrysalis part 1 and 2... It just seems to take forever to slogg through the whole thing. then trying to find a group for end battle is hard because people do the team up but then walk out when they feel they don't have the right mix of people. Darkmoor I hate for the same reason.

Please PLEASE consider taking the timer off the team up option or what would be really cool is if you made a SOLO option, I would gladly take a hit in the loot area if I could just get past the area so I can move on to the next world when it comes out or to get my new spell.

All in all I still LOVE wizard 101 and thank you everyone at KI for all your hard work!

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
I guess fishing because not only is it somewhat relaxing it's also another way to earn gold when I need it without having to plant a big garden.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2011
I have a few favorites:

I love the fishing. I have enjoyed this probably more than almost anything else in the game.

Castle Darkmoor was an absolute thrill for me. Yes, it's hard, and when going through it the first few times, it can be difficult and time consuming, but I've gained new friends because of it, and it wasn't the same, boring blade and trap to kill combo. And I love the new spells.

My third favorite was the B.O.X. events. Minus the 90 small toy trains, and the 100+ meat soups, the drops were fantastic, the storyline was fun, and again, I met new people because of it.

Finally, I actually am very thankful for team up. I solo most of the spiral, but sometimes a boss fight will be too hard for me by myself, or sometimes, I just don't want to play alone that day. Waiting for someone to hopefully come by has proven to be a time waste. With "team up", I can find people right away many times. It doesn't always happen, but it happens more often than not.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2011
Poster above reminded me: Dungeon Recall.

THANK YOU, KI, so much for that.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Mine were the B.O.X.E.S. event, and Fishing. Both were brilliant additions to the game. Really enjoyed them both.

The new dungeons I have mixed feelings about:
The general concepts of the dungeons I really think is cool and creative.
I love that you broke them into smaller parts, so that you don't have to do them all at once. That makes time management a bit better.
However, I find over all that they are over-powered dungeons. The lower level dungeons were fine for higher level characters, the higher level dungeons, for me, seem absolutely insane and I have no interest in subjecting myself to that kind of OP cheating experience. But I feel that I am therefore going to miss out on some great gear and spells.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I love the new dungeons, the challenge is worth it. Plus the new fire spell is awesome

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
There's many cool, new things about Wizard 101 I love:
  • Team-Up
  • Dungeon Recall
  • Equipment Sets
  • 5 B.O.X.E.S Event
  • Tapestry Recipes
  • Darkmoor Castle and other new dungeons
  • Castle Tours
  • Ice Skates
  • New Card Packs
  • Fishing Gear
  • Evergreen House
And some things I'd love to change or improve:

• Ability to port to a friend in need
    (I don't need all the reasons why I can't port; I just want to be able to help my friends and family, in a fun, family friendly game)
  • Have all house content load one time
    (Instead of reloading every time I port to a house)
  • Automate Pet Training
    (I'd love to leave my pets with a trainer or henchman who trains them for me)

Survivor
May 14, 2011
I haven't play Wiz101 for like 2years, because it was kinda bored not being a member and having limited abilities, but since 2/3 weeks ago i decided to start playing it again. I got gifted a month prepaid membership from a friend a few days back, so its my first time being a member and i must say its so amazing what's all out there beyond the free to play realms. Always excited to see, do and get new things. I am glad that this game has come so far. I also like the little christmas presents we could claim the past few (coming?) days. So thank you to the developers of Wizard101, you've done a great job.
Personally i love the house dungeons, but on the other side it would be nice to get them ingame itself for like maybe 100k per dungeon or something. Anyways maybe take it as a suggestion lol. Let's hope more epic things will come.

~Jacob.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2012
Personally in my opinion I have to say ALL OF IT you and the entire Kingsile team have done amazing this year made people so excited for events, new worlds and upcoming fun! This year my hats of to you and the Kingsile team I would like to thank and congratulate you on an amazing game so far because I know you have much more content you would like to add to the game and we can't wait! So here's to you Kingsile thanks for a great game, community, and great support we all love you and have a merry Christmas and a happy new year make 2015 a good one!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Knowledge is power" - Harold Argleston

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
New content -- Always top of the list, so KR, Boxes, and the new Dungeons made my year.

Gear sets are awesome.

We're also (still) having a blast with castle blocks and all the new housing stuff.

Thank you for all the great work!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
I liked fishing, the dungeons, and my favorite were the BOXES.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The past year and a half has been amazing. Loving all the new things in game, and the improved communication with/from KI. The community managers deserve cookies and a large bonus :D

My favorite things, in order:

1- Darkmoor (and the gear there)
2- all the other new dungeons and events
3- Gear Sets
4- Fishing
5- new housing stuff

My LEAST liked and really my only complaint: Combat idle. I don't want rounds to go by faster when i am AFK. The only reason I would ever not cast or pass is if something urgent has happened irl -- need washroom, phone rang, lunch is on fire, or i lost connection -- and if so I want to miss as few rounds as I can.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Loved them all! You have really kept us busy with one new thing after the other. Great job Kingsisle!
Love the fishing and dungeons! Keep it coming!
mattie114

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I very much enjoyed really everything that was listed there. The B.O.X.E.S. event was a lot of fun, having been into the referenced show for a while. The new dungeons are great (even though I was a bit disappointed at Ammit's design, but I'm absolutely psyched for Sehkmet, saying you continue).

But, by far, the most useful addition to Wizard101 was the Team Up button, that allowed instant Dungeon Recall. Knowing the struggles of Waterworks before Team Up and Dungeon Recall, this addition was like the long awaited miracle of the wizarding world.

Thank you, KI Staff, for making this year a blast! I cannot wait for the new year!

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
I truly loved the "Team up" and "Fishing" update. With the team up option I don't have to annoy my friends asking for help. The fishing update helps me enjoy myself when I'm bored and have nothing to do on the game. I really enjoy these two super duper much. Thank you so much for adding these.

Jessica AngleBlossomLvl: 54