Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Does Everybody Hate Marlybone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
I kind of hate it but the reason is because there's no side walks .
I don't like getting sucked into battles.
if u don't want to be sucked in
stay close to the edge.
Scarlet Spirtblossom level 38

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
Dustin SwiftEyes on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
I was wondering,why does everybody hate Marlybone? I always loved Marlybone, I loved the music and almost everything else. Please reply. ----- Dustin Swift Eyes Level 35 PS. Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
i like marleybone a lot! BUT i am having a problem with a quest. I need to unlock the door in katzenstein's lab unlocking the door to it but i need to do the puzzle of doing those weird plague things i tried a lot of times but it isn't working if any one here can help me plz do i'll be in the wu realm and my wizard name is Brandon Silverthorn thanks for listening

Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
I hat marlybone because i get pulled in to battles and all of them were because of my brother he was so exited when he got there he just ran in to battles and i got pulled in with him even though i was around the next corner it was head aching

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
I was wondering,why does everybody hate Marlybone? I always loved Marlybone, I loved the music and almost everything else. Please reply. ----- Dustin Swift Eyes Level 35 PS. Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
I loved the game play of MB! Overall it was a great world. However, aesthetics are very important to me and I just couldn't get over the dirty, unattractive architecture and graphics.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
The reason is because when you stick to the sidewalks monsters always pull you off the sidewalk and plus marlybone has not footpath and that's so annoying that's why people hate marlybone

Victoria Night Heart lvl 26 Add me if you like

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
The only thing I don't like about Marleybone is it doesn't seem as 'magical' as the other worlds, it's just London, they even have cars! Penny Dreadful says they don't practice magic in Marleybone, I guess the criminals didn't get the memo.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
wraithcaster on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
The only thing I don't like about Marleybone is it doesn't seem as 'magical' as the other worlds, it's just London, they even have cars! Penny Dreadful says they don't practice magic in Marleybone, I guess the criminals didn't get the memo.
I've never really thought about that before, but it's so very true. MB doesn't seem magical at all!

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
from what i hear, it's mostly the navigation problems and its dark, gloomy atmosphere. i love marleybone because it reminds me of my home as a child, even though i'm not old lol.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
I really like Marylebone my favorite world I love the story, feel and the look of it mostly but over my favorite world right now lvl 26

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I don't like how easy it is to get sucked into unwanted battles and the lack of sidewalks. I'm getting used to it (only been there a couple days), but even if I'm being extremely careful I get snagged. LOL Other than that I do like Marleybone.

Survivor
May 22, 2013
Marlybone is great! It may not be my favorite, but I still love it. I like the fancy music and the dogs and cats, but mostly the dungeons. Lol. But they are appropriate for the average level for unlocking Marlybone. People may not like marlybone, but at least I do

Wanna meet? reply

Megan Rainbowblade
Level 37 ( almost 38 ) school
Mooshu

P.S My secondary school is

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
My first time through Marleybone I did not like it at all. It was dark, and too easy to get pulled into unwanted battles due to bad sidewalks. It also had a lot of "run all around to collect little things for people" quests, which got tiresome after a while. I could not wait to get out.

I think maybe Marleybone just comes as a shock after the bright and sunny worlds of Wizard City and Krok, with their more traditionally magical environments, to jump into dirty Victorian era London streets and rooftops at night with no sidewalks and more seedy characters.

But after that first time, I started to like it more. I noticed more humor in it, and kind of liked the "mystery/detective" feel of it all. I don't know what changed for me, except perhaps that after playing a high level wizard in the second arc for so long, I re-discovered how very wonderful the entire first arc was!

MB will never be my favorite world, but it has grown on me a lot.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2013
As others say the lack of sidewalks drives me crazy. I don't hate Marleybone I really like the Victorian era London but the sidewalks really took away the fun it actually became obnoxious. But I guess I got used to it.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
Honestly, I just didn't like it because you always got pulled into battles, the world was really really really long to me, and I completely hated going to talk to Emily Chesterfieldbecause it seemed like everyone needed me to go to her and talk and she happened to be in the farthest corner of the area. This was just my honest opinion, I don't know if anyone agrees. ~Rylee Dawnbreeze

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
I agree with you Marleybone is my favorite world! I think people dislike it because of the walkways, one way to get around is to pause watch how the enemies move then use that info to avoid getting caught.

P.S. I love the music to, I have gotten in trouble for accidentally humming it in class. : )

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
I have many reasons:

1. You get pulled into battle every 5 seconds!
2. Rank 4 at the beginning of the level!
3. Unexpected battles.
4. Pointless quest to get a dumb "Stun" spell.
5. No sidewalks or anything to protect you.
6. Too dark in Regent's Square
7. Bosses are too hard!
8. Dark storyline!
9. Cars? It's supposed to be magical!
10. I love dogs, their so cute, but Marleybone makes them look ugly.

There you go, 10 reasons on why I hate Marleybone.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
I am not a fan of Marleybone myself. I dont like it so dark and spooky. And the music is... sketchy.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
John Ashdust on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
I personally didn't like it because of the dark and dreary felling it gave me. It just wasn't my style.
yeah same here

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I dislike marlybone because i recently get pulled into battles. Also they have a lot of weaknesses and tower sheild, ps
is awesome!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I can agree with you, Marleybone is an amazing world and it also has a big plotline to the wizard101 game

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
I think it's really classy.. but you always get pulled into battle xD. Love the animation and the way it's all set up except that the sidewalks are seriously small. D:

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
I love Marleybone. But it is different because it is the first world where you aren't safe on the sideline anymore. No sidewalks, so you get pulled into battles you don't want to do. Then you flee and have to go back. Otherwise, I Marleybone and love the British theme.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
Marleybone personaly wasn't my favorite. Sidewalk was awful, but so was taglewood way in wystieria. Really boring sidequests and I actually had trouble seeing the screen cause it is so dark. But I still love the music and like all the other details, but they need to fix somethings.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
Crab Alley is still the worst... but mb was a troll too sometimes, i got caught usually up to 5 to six times depending if slow comp. But Crab Alley was just... awful.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
It's the getting caught in unecessary battles in with mobs that you don't need. And generally when people are questing in Marleybone they are USUALLY Level 20 something or so. They have some spells, but not a tremendous amount of health, and not a lot of high level attacks. A lot of schools don't have an Attack all spell yet, so it just makes it take even longer to take them all out. The Ice mouses always got me and would tower a lot so it would just take awhile to kill them when you didn't need the fight to begin with. lol