Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
i found Black Lotus in the Special burial grounds with a friend who took me there. But I need 40 diamonds and about 40 black lotuses for the craft in Dragonspyre (mind you I am only a level 31 Life). I just see that the crafting should be done if you can get into the other worlds via friends. I am waiting in
between time for my quest in grizzleheim to finish and I have no idea what to do the marleybone cuz I did the simple stuff except the cats stuff and I am bored please tell me what to do in marleybone and start the line again cuz I stalled somewhere.

:) please help

PandorasBox2009 aka Destiny MoonDreamer Level 31 Life School

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Flopinator wrote:
I post this 1 day into this expansion, but im seeing its hard to find many reagents. Im on the kroc part of the reagent quests and can't find any scrolls, i found a few stone blocks, but it takes forever.

If anyone knows of good places for different reagents please post them here.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

i only did this for about 2 hours but i can tell its going to take a LONG time to get thru all of the reagent badges. any help here would be great.

I think that Marleybone's Digamore Station's fountain has the most catails.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Can someone Please help me figure out how to get the trasfigure or transmute card to get black pearls I'm dying trying to figure this out if someone could help I'd Greatly Appreciate It! Thank you

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
egyptlover wrote:
Can someone Please help me figure out how to get the trasfigure or transmute card to get black pearls I'm dying trying to figure this out if someone could help I'd Greatly Appreciate It! Thank you

The main crafter in MS has this recipe. Go to the Jade palace, 'x' on him, and use the arrows to turn to page three of the recipies.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
ScientologyRocks wrote:
Flopinator wrote:
I post this 1 day into this expansion, but im seeing its hard to find many reagents. Im on the kroc part of the reagent quests and can't find any scrolls, i found a few stone blocks, but it takes forever.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

i only did this for about 2 hours but i can tell its going to take a LONG time to get thru all of the reagent badges. any help here would be great.

I think that Marleybone's Digamore Station's fountain has the most catails.

Actually Hyde Park's fountain area and Grizzleheim's Mirkholm keep(go through the red teleporter and then out and down the slope there) are the best places for cat tails

Also the same area in GH is great for frost flowers.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
egyptlover wrote:

Go to the recipe vendor in MooShu(Toshio, the Adept Crafter.) Look under Treasure Cards and you will find the Transmute Black Pearl recipe.) :)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
The best place for black lotus is the Tree of Life in MooShu, anth there also is mist wood and deep mushrooms.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Black Pearl-Mooshu Tataki outpost. Use the teleporter stones to keep switching between boss locations and keep switching realms. You should get tons of Black lotus with many carrying Black Pearls.

Blood Moss-Collect Red Mandrake in Nightshade. Again, keep jumping realms. Not too many have Blood Moss but you can buy the Blood Moss Transmutate card from the crafter in the Jade Palace plaza and just transform your Red Mandrake into Blood Moss.

Diamonds- Cave of Solitude in Mooshu, the shopping plaza in Dragonspyre and the very end of the Haunted Cave in Wizard city, behind the building. Collect ore from theses locations, switch between realms, get a bunch of diamonds.

Scrap Iron-Knights Court in Marleybone, collect scrap iron at the boss locations, switch realms, there should be some gears in there too.

As for Ghost Fire, Rubies, Glass vials, etc. they are all at the regent vendor in the Mooshu shopping plaza.

Also, periodically check the Bazaar for regents. You can find most anything except for the rare ones listed above

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
KiansDad wrote:
steveheffner wrote:
Seriously this is out of balance for the time/reward aspect.

Quoted for Emphasis.

In my experience -- and mind you, I've spent a good amount of time in between encounters just running around collecting swag -- I'm finding that Mistwood and Mushrooms aren't really a problem. I'm finding lots of mushrooms all over the hallways of Krok, and Mistwood seems fairly plentiful in Marleybone and especially Grizzleheim.

You'll find plenty of Parchments in Krok. And I'm swimming in Cattails and Ore -- they seem to be found just about everywhere.

The ones that are a problem are the Stone Blocks (found in Krok and Marleybone, but very rare) and the Scrap Iron (OMG! Does this stuff even exist?!)

Scrap Iron merits its own paragraph: The stuff is next to nonexistent everywhere. The few I've found seem to be in Marley. In the several days I've been doing this, I think I've amassed a whopping FIVE of the things. And considering the Marleybone crafting quests require ... EIGHTY of them, it would be nice to see a few more available.

WOW I thought stone was easy- you find it just about everywhere- in corners. I found a superoverdose of scrap iron ... 10! CAN YOU BELEIVE IT? I MUST BE THE LUCKIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD! the required scrap iron is now 32, but STILL! the best places, though, are behind/between the small water towers in places like patches o'leary, warehouses, ect. once i saw it at bazaar, one, it lasted about 10 seconds- LITERALLY! at least let us buy it! PLZ PLZ PLZ! tat is one of the main reasons i do not like MB (that much,i still love it, as everything, but it is frustrating, and costs more gold, in the making, than the prize.)

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
jessstar23 wrote:
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?

scrap iron is in marlybone in the museum.

Scrap iron is on the roof tops in marleybone, it is outside icepicks hideout and a couple other place, change realms to find more faster

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
Flopinator wrote:

actually cattails are anywhere there's water. if you find water, you found catails

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
KiansDad wrote:
csillver wrote:
lol all i can find are stone blocks and ore in krok and no mushrooms. Ill happily trade for cattails since you are swimming in them and I in ore....

Heh! Would that I could, amigo. However, since that's not possible in the current game, let me instead point you to any of the various fountains and waterways throughout the Spiral: Unicorn Park, Cyclops Fairgrounds, Regents Square Fountain, Royal Museum Fountain, Hyde Park Fountain, Herkir's Pond ... any of these seem to spawn copious quantities of cattails. Scoop the competition in whatever way you deem necessary.
Don't forget the walkways in mooshu for yoshihito temple

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
I have to craft 10 BLACK LOTUS for my crafting quest in Mooshu! This is ridiculas! I think it is so uncommon to find it. Anyway here is how to find Lava Lily. Go near the side of the road to Plaza Of Conquests and hanging in the lava is a Lava Lily.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
SorceressMiklai wrote:
I haven't gone to mooshu yet to look for reagents but I have found several in Wizard City and Krokotopia

Mist wood is located anywhere there is grass. By the dungeons, in the trees on the streets of Unicorn Way, Cyclops Lane, Triton Avenue and Firecat Alley.

Cat Tails grow in the water and I have found them in Triton Ave, Cyclops Lane and the Krokotopia Oasis.

Red Mandrake is mostly on Firecat Alley and Triton Ave. Sometimes when you pick one up it will have several and there is even some blood moss there.

Deep Mushrooms have been found in the dark and haunted caves as well as Krokotopia. Sometimes it will include Nightshade

Ore is found in the caves and Krokotopia

Parchment is in Krokotopia and sometimes when you pick it up you will get a scroll.

I got leather straps for beating cyclops, ectoplasm from the screaming banshees, and a bone from the bonekeep in krokotopia.

Actually, night side is practically infested with red mandrake

Explorer
May 28, 2009
i hate finding reeagents and i need diamonds and there is like 0 percent chance to get ANY

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
the best place ever to find mist wood is marleybone! (lol most unlikely place becaus it got cities lol)

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Hey, I know i haven't read through this whole message board, but i'm pretty sure deep mushrooms are in Wizard City.

Wolf Shadowhunter, level 30 ice and death (but still working), from somewhere in Krokotopia :-D

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
I am having a hard time finding black pearls and grendelweed. Any one know where I can get some?

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
doc1751 wrote:
jessstar23 wrote:
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?

scrap iron is in marlybone in the museum.

Scrap iron is on the roof tops in marleybone, it is outside icepicks hideout and a couple other place, change realms to find more faster

I find most of my scrap iron in the museam if you are looking for it try big ben

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
cenarissa wrote:
I am having a hard time finding black pearls and grendelweed. Any one know where I can get some?

Best way to do these is to hunt black lotus (about 1 black pearl for every 15-20 black lotus found) and red mandrake (about 1 blood moss for every 25 or so red mandrakes) and transmute.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
wintermagic wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.

it is found at any regent sellers i think it is ice. Actually pretty sure it is ice. So hopefully you saved enough money to buy some. (rengent sellers never run out of black coal) however i am having trouble with scrap metal i only have 1 and that is because i bought it with crowns does anyone know where to get it?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I have a crafting quest to craft a duskwind tunic, one of the ingredients is "Banshee" I thought that was a card and I have it in my deck. What exactally is it asking for and where might I find it. Thanks

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
i think that it is asking for a banshee. I have not gotten a recipe to get one of those so i could be wrong but i think it is a treasure card because when i have put my mouse over it it shows me a golden card hope i helped

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
ace05843 wrote:
Where can one find ghostfire? I would of thought flame servants but got nothing.

You can buy ghostfire through a regent vendor in Moo Shu.

And speaking of Moo Shu, I've been able to gather a lot of Black Lotus (and an occasional pearl here in there) in the Outpost. After realm hopping a few times, I was able to gather and trasmute what was needed.