Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
Flopinator wrote:
Thx for posting all. Im glad im not the only one that thinks this is a bad setup.

I have played alot of mmorpg's and this has got to be the worst setup for crafting ive ever seen. Even Ultima Online back in the day wasn't this clogged with farmers. If you remember mining at cove. You cant even realm jump effectivly. Seems like that only worked for 2 days and people caught on.

Instead of quests gaining crafting give it a skill level that you can gain, that way you dont have to make just things that need scrap iron and i can get rid of some of this ore i dont use for anything.

At least make this worth my while in the end. Most of the gear looks unsatisfing, correct me please. Im myth, someone find me 1 item that isnt outdone by something i can buy. O and then show me one that beats the best dropped item.

Speaking of which theres no site to go to with a complete list of items? That is a first.

I think im done venting. The game still rocks someone has to change this crafting stuff around for the better.

I, too, used to play Ultima. Crafting was used to balance the economy in the game somewhat, with the players being allowed to either sell their craft items to shopkeepers, or to other players.

The economy is not in balance with Wizard101. I don't believe there is anyway to keep myself interested in a game where I spend my evenings, searching for reagents, rather than fighting and cajoling with friends. Correct me if I am wrong. I really liked this game until I hit level 50 and there is nothing left to do but dumpster dive for reagents, or go to unicorn way and impress a newbie. That is unless I want to start all over with a new character, and I don't think I have the energy to do that. I do hope KI figures out a way to please the higher level player in this game.

My two cents.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Normally what I do is find some reagent spawns and "server hop". Basically I hop from server to server and "farm" the reagents.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
Where can I find deep mushroom? I'm lv. 20 so I can only go to wizard city, krokotopia, & grizzleheim. thanks to everyone who can help.
iridian frostflame lv. 20

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
where to find parchaments there are mostly found in the krokospink from blaze anvile blade

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
I am having a hard time finding Black Pearls & Diamonds. This item are vry rare indeed. It seems as soon as you become a good crafter, the game really slows you down. I sometimes fine the Black Pearl in the "Tree of Life" quest in moo shu. Diamonds comes from ore but wow it very rare.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I disagree with ore in krok. I think you can find more in Dragonspyre. Not always on the actual streets but in the atheneum, necropolis, and academy.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
if you are in dragonspyre and if you need ghostfire go to the atheneum and beside the crafting teacher is a black collosus you can buy ghost fire from him

Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
hey try to go to the vendor in MB sells stuff like scrap iron under treasure cards. hope this helped :) :P

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
diamond's please were are they or do i have to make them, i need like thirty six and i only have five, lol crazy,, i go to the barzar but nothing :( have to sit there for hours untill someone sell so if someone could give me some pointer on diamonds.this game rock!! !
treyrules12 wrote:
here is the places i found my items:

Mistwood: easy difficulty: i buy from bazzar or get in moo shu(update wil increase amount of mistwood in the areas)

Parchment:med-high difficulty: i found loads in the krokosphinx. i got 3 of them in the main entrance and 6 in the grand arena.

Cattails: EASY difficulty: found just about everywhere from wiz to ms in water.

Ore: easy-med. difficulty: i find in krok ms and ds and have over 50 of them. 100's in bazzar.

Deep Mushroom:easiest difficulty: found anywhere and everywhere from krok to ds on roads and sidewalks even ontop of fences(found 2 like that)

Scrap Iron: Hard difficulty: i am on that quest for them in marleybone now and have only aquired around 5.i got 3 from bazar and 2 from regents square.(update increases amount of these around marleybone)

Leath straps:easy-med. difficulty:found from drops or bought in bazzar(were 75 there last time i saw)

GEMS(onyx,sapphire,citrine):regeant vendors:EVERY WORLD

Gohst fire:Easy Difficulty:i buy from moo shu vendor.

Bone:easy-medium:found from drops or purchased in bazzar.

Bronze Gear:easy-med. diffculty:bought from bazzar.(not sure where you get them from but i am sure is from drops or rare item from scrap iron)Bazzar has loads though.

Stone Block:easy-Medium difficulty:Found in dragonspyre in the antheum or on no combat areas within the tower of archives:(easiest place for ME to find them)also in krokotopia and mooshu and marleybone lol.

Sorry people thats all i know of right now but i will update list every now and again of places where regeants are common. 8)

Travis&Tyler Spiritstrider- grandmaster death and fire

Thomas Spiritstrider- master diviner anyone who has any more info plz post here i think this is a great idea. :-) 8)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Flopinator wrote:
I post this 1 day into this expansion, but im seeing its hard to find many reagents. Im on the kroc part of the reagent quests and can't find any scrolls, i found a few stone blocks, but it takes forever.

If anyone knows of good places for different reagents please post them here.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

i only did this for about 2 hours but i can tell its going to take a LONG time to get thru all of the reagent badges. any help here would be great.

Buy it at the bazaar. That's what i did.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
i found 32 pieces of scrap iron in marleybone in chelsiecourt. i found them next to 2 water towers by an entrance to a boss. they come in 1 or 2 at a time to i took the time to relm jump for about an hr and aquired 32 pieces. if you have th time that is the way i did it. brian dragoncatcher lvl49 master fire

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
skbronco6 wrote:
wintermagic wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.
you buy black coal from reagent vendors.

You can buy Black Coal from the reagent vendor, I know the vendor where you first get your Crafting Table has 9999 of them. Hope this helps :)

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Does anyone know where to find diamonds? I know that you can get them when you find ore, but I need a ton for a crafting quest. Please help!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Flopinator wrote:
I post this 1 day into this expansion, but im seeing its hard to find many reagents. Im on the kroc part of the reagent quests and can't find any scrolls, i found a few stone blocks, but it takes forever.

If anyone knows of good places for different reagents please post them here.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

i only did this for about 2 hours but i can tell its going to take a LONG time to get thru all of the reagent badges. any help here would be great.

I too had a hard time finding parchment for my reagent quest. In the beginning I barely found any! But as time went on, the farther I got into Krokotopia, the more parchment I seemed to find. So it may be discouraging at first but you will eventually come to spots that give lots of parchment. I'm sorry I can't give you any specific locations of spawning spots. :-(

The hardest reagent that I cannot seem to find right now is Scrap Iron. I need it for my Marleybone reagent quest and it seems to be nowhere! :-( I did happen to find two spawning spots but they take forever to pop back up. Can anyone tell me where a better spot to find scrap iron is? I would be really grateful!!

-Myrna Dragon

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Dakota0920 wrote:
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?
n mollybone take air craft
I got all of my scrap just by going in out to the west and east towers for big ben you can also buy it at the bazzaar in olde town. :D

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
The best place to get black lotus is in the tree of life dungeon in mooshu. if you stay on the perfect realms, you can usually be the only person in the dungeon collecting reagents. Also, the best place for red mandrake is actually nightside in wc, one small area with about 4-5 respawn points.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
If you want help the easy way?

Go to the bazaar and buy most reagents there - btw this won't work for scrap iron as scrap iron is never on sale in bazaar.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2009
Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
rupertjames wrote:
If you want help the easy way?

Go to the bazaar and buy most reagents there - btw this won't work for scrap iron as scrap iron is never on sale in bazaar.

A good place to find scrap iron would be Counterweight West and East. What I do is just go inside, pick up the scrap irons inside, and exit. Repeat the whole process again until you get enough. :)

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Reagent refresh rates, now that the Celestia grandmaster artisan level has been applied, really need to be considered anew. The quest to become a grandmaster artisan requires 100 stone blocks to be transmuted into 10 sunstones (or was is sandstones?). There were, of course, no stone blocks for sale at the bazaar. Anyway. after 30 minutes of running the hallways of krokotopia and poking around Dragonspyre, I have found: 0. We have more players than EVER and there are just NOT ENOUGH REAGENT places and refreshes to go around. Please understand that I thought people were just being whiney about black pearls and blood moss - I mastered where to find them and got the quests done in relatively short order. This new obstacle, I feel, is place where the consequences of implimenting the quest requirements were overlooked. Crafting is not the same as it was a year ago, so the number of drops and frequency of refresh should not be the same.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
This is a true problem. I usually poke around in nightside (behind the waterfall in wc) for mandrakes, find stone blocks in Nidavellir, gh, (No, not the dungeon, the dungeon entrance area) Scrap iron, I have a problem with it. I can confirm it's best in mb, though I cannot pinpoint where Mist wood, deep mushrooms, ore, commonly found. In mist wood and ore you might be lucky and get their upper reagent; acorns and diamonds. I find lava lilies in dragonspyre, cat tails ANYWHERE with water, stone blocks pretty much any famous structure, especially krokosphinx. I find frost flowers in nidavellir with stone blocks, too.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
wintermagic wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.

You can buy black coal from any reagent vendor for 5 gold.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
I find that Ore is VERY easy to find in Dragonspyre. But what about non-members? Where are they supposed to find reagents? I think that Unicorn Way is the best place to find Mistwood. The Haunted Cave is a good place for Ore. But you can always go to the Bazaar and buy the reagents you need! Thats what I do sometimes

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
wintermagic wrote:

black coal can be found in any regent vender for cheap