Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2017
sun girl1122 on Jun 12, 2017 wrote:
samoorai....... samurai...... minnowtaur.... minotaur....

(KI, could you maybe please put some gravity falls refrences in the next world?)
I dont think that is a good idea, gravitiy falls is a little innapropriate and most people would think it is disgusting. For example me.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2017
Hi KI! Could you maybe put some Disney Descendants references in, also maybe some more Harry Potter references in also. Oh! I think a lot of people would also like you to put more disney references in, I so far have found none. If you don't mind taking these ideas into account. I would really appreciate it.

Hannah Roseheart
Please charm if you agree with me on any of these ideas.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2017
sun girl1122 on Jun 4, 2017 wrote:
also, this isn't in wizard101 but In pirate101. I think there is a place in California called Valencia. I think, I don't know if there is.
There is a place called Valencia in California, I just don't know what part of California it is in. That is a well spotted easter egg.

Hannah Roseheart

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
PottingTea on May 4, 2011 wrote:
Let's face it - Wizard101 contains a LOAD of references to books, other games and whoknowswhat. And then there's just these little utterly brilliant gems that crop up here and there. So, let's collect those!

However, let's keep it to the little details that most people pass by without a second glance, and which you usually only pick up on the third or fourth run past. Dorothy wanting to visit Toto and Tin Man and gives out Red Slippers for a reward, for instance, is a very obvious reference and thus isn't exactly a hidden gem.

A gem would be Montgomery in the Science Center - who has a scottish accent if you listen to his voice file. His character design is based on an Aberdeen Terrier. The Aberdeen Terrier is generally known as the Scottish Terrier.

So, what gems have you located that you often had to explain to your friends before they understood your sudden amusement?
and here I was thinking Montgomery was a poke at Star Trek's chief engineer, Montgomery Scott.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2013
At Zafaria, Koko SmokeSign says "Ooh Eee Ooh Ahh Ahh Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang" which refers to the song "Witch Doctor"

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
ManlyJoe on May 3, 2017 wrote:
Here are some of my favorites. In Barkingham palace you can get some wands that resemble the 'Holy Hand Grenade" from the movie Monty Python and the holy grail. They also add on to this with the mount called "The Noble Steed" which is really just you holding 2 halves of coconuts and clapping them together to make the sound of a running horse, another reference to the same movie.

In Mirage there are quite a few as well. Istar the djini is a reference to the hit tv show "I dream of Genie".
Dumoozid is a reference to Mr.Clean, the mascot for "Mr.Clean cleaning detergents"
Snake Plizkin is a reference to Solid Snake from the "Metal Gear Solid" franchise.
As far as I am aware Kobra Kommander is a reference to "GI Joes" most famous evil enemy "Cobra" and his team "Cobra Command"
Also Raqi Balboa is an obvious reference to Sylvester Stalone and his hit character "Rocky Balboa"
There is also a reference to Pac-Man with some ghosts.
Then you have the Thieves Den which in itself is a reference to Star Wars and Jabba the Hut's den of criminals.
If thats not enough then you have The Rain Core which is a reference to "The Rancor" which is the beast that lives in Jabba's palace that he feeds people to.

There are even more in mirage so apparently they packed them full to the brim in mirage. Those are just some of my favorites. Thanks for reading.
Snake Plizkin is from the movie "Escape from New York". He was the main character played by Kurt Russel.

Movie directed by John Carpenter. Release date:1981

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Malt22 on Jun 24, 2011 wrote:
All of Zeke's quests are rock n roll bands:

1. The Smiths- Popular British Indie rock band from the 80's
2. The Yardbirds- 1960's British Blues/R&B band with psychedelic leanings, featured three of rock's greatest guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Paige.
3. The Stray Cats- American 80's band from New York that led the rockabilly rivival of the time.
4. The Lounge Lizards- Another (fairly unknown) 80's band from New York that created "fake jazz with pop and avant-garde rock tendencies."
5. The Stone Roses- short lived British 80's/90's band that merged classic 60's psychedelic rock with an 80's dance beat. (These guys are great!)
6. Blue Oyster Cult- The very first band I personally fell in love with. Though still around today, this New York based thinking man's heavy metal band flourished during the 70's and 80's, having hits like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Godzilla"
7. The Troggs- 1960's Bristish Proto-punk band that was best known for it's song, "Wild Thing"
You forgot the beetles in Krokotopia!!!

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
The programmers and content designers at KI are well versed in pop-culture. I have enjoyed every reference that I have encountered on my journey through the spiral; from meeting the deziens from Oz on Unicorn Way to the one I encountered yesterday as I was questing to get my Forest Lord pet.

Logunn the Wolverine. He's the best at what he does, but what he does isn't very nice. Priceless

I realize that this is NOT a P101 board. But the references to Firefly in Cool Ranch were perfect.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jul 04, 2014
I found a fun interesting easter egg.

You fight Bellosh in Zafaria who obviously parodies Belloq from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.The extra easter egg is the Golden idol which is sitting on a crate in the background as you battle him.Wish it was a item you could actually pick up and keep though :(

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
I found one! In Khrysalis me and my friends were fighting a boss and three minions that were scorpions and the boss said something like "I am gonna rock you like a hurricane." The song rocky like a hurricane was written by a band called the scorpions. This might be a coincidence but I think it was purpose.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2017
I'd have to say one of my favorite "hidden references and easter eggs" is in Khrysalis, when you enter the prison block in moon cliffs, a royal guard asks: "WHO ARE YOU? WHATS YOUR OPERATING NUMBER?" Then dyvim says: "boring conversation anyway" Its a reference to when Han Solo is talking to an imperial on the death star while freeing leia

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
DS= Rome :D
Wizard City=Possibly America, but could also be 18th century Europe.
Krokotopia=Egypt
Grizzleheim/Wintertusk=Scandinavia
Marleybone=England
Wysteria=It's part of Wizard City territory, so I'm guessing the same as Wizard City
Mooshu=Ancient Japan
Dragonspyre=Rome
Celestia=Atlantis
Zafaria=Africa
Avalon=Most likely Scotland

Azteca=The home of the Aztecs was once known as Tenochtitlan, now known as Mexico City, so basically ancient Mexico.
Aquila=Greece

I'm not totally sure what Khrysalis is based on, so I've got nothing there.
Polaris=Russia
Mirage=Arabia/Arabic land
Empyrea I'm honestly not sure.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Has nobody mentioned the Jimi Hendrix references? I've noticed 2 so far, the Rainbow Bridge in Wizaed city coud be a reference to his album 'Rainbow Bridge', similarly, there is a quest named 'Are you Experienced', another title of a Hendtix album

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
My favorite so far is in Avalon, the Knight of the Sacred Words makes reference to the Knights who say Ni from Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. And in the very next quest, he asks you to get coconuts. Also, earlier, in any dialogue with the minstrel, Innes Idle, he quotes Sir Robin's minstrel's songs from the same movie.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2014
True but i don't see easter eggs XD

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I like when the Seraph says "Yippee - eye - o" before she takes your head off. Kinda reminds me of Die Hard when Bruce says "Yippee - eye - o - ky - yay".

Survivor
Nov 10, 2013
While mostly i play p101 i have played wiz enough to know that the marlybone palace (i think it is barkingham palace or something like that) but once you start the west wing dungeon you need to talk to dr jekyll (or mister hyde cant remember the npc name) and the dungeon quest is called strange case which is a reference to the series

-Adam Level 48

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
just thought I'm mention the movie Back To The Future . The lux capacitor is what makes the car in the movie go to the future.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
the little mackerel fish, as somebody who loves punch out

Survivor
Jan 12, 2015
What about some of the references? The tower where you become huge, the boss in it says ILL ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE! Which is a reference to the old song Rock You Like a Hurricane. Another one is in Ruined Alcazar the first boss is a yellow and black scorpion (see where i am heading?) And before you enter the boss battle he says some stuff and then "Get Over Here!" Aka a possible reference to scorpion from mortal combat. Don't forget about the disney frozen reference, an angler says some lyrics similar to the ones in let it go. And the kravenly is based off of the spiderman foe. And some others were in Aquila where every single character is based off of a greek god or any greek character for that matter. Don't forget about how grizzleheim had a lot of norse mythology easter eggs, like nordri, sudri, vestri, and austri were based off of the gods of trade. I hope some of the references were some you did not know even though some of these almost everyone knows. If you find anymore just reply me them! storm squad

Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
How about in Polaris the ship named Chicken of the Sea. was a tuna commercal . Ask any mermaid you happen to see, whats the best tuna Chicken of the sea.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I'm pretty sure that Pork quoted Star Wars when he says, "set your Spells to stun."

Survivor
Feb 04, 2018
In Krokotopia, there is a quest called "My Brother's Keeper," and it reminded me of a play I was in recently called Children of Eden where a character named Cain says: "Am I my brother's keeper?" I wasn't sure if it was a reference to Children of Eden, though.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
frostednutella on Feb 13, 2018 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Pork quoted Star Wars when he says, "set your Spells to stun."
Although yes the Stormtroopers do set their blasters to stun in Episode IV just before they capture Princess Leia.

They and Pork are referencing Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise (Star Trek) and the many times he tells his landing party "Set Phasers to stun".

Steven Ghoststalker
Trek Nerd