Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 12, 2009
As I've started doing Grizzleheim on my Storm, I noticed that one of the creatures we consistently report back to is Bjorn Ironclaws, a bear.

In Danish, "bear" translates directly to "bjørn." Look familiar? I believe it is the same word in Norwegian.

In Swedish, I believe it is "björn," as they use a few different characters than Danish and Norwegian.

Of course, this name fits the area well, as Grizzleheim is fashioned after the Viking Age of Scandinavia.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this, but I saw it and immediately busted out laughing: In Marleybone there is a man called "The Professor" dressed in a rainbow scarf next to a red telephone booth outside Scotland Yard: Its a Doctor Who reference, he's called The Doctor and has a blue telephone booth and one of his iterations wore a rainbow scarf.
There are a lot of things like that in Marleybone. Maybe since England (which Marleybone was based off) has so many iconic characters.

Explorer
May 27, 2012
I just caught a fish while fishing for chests.
It's called a Labyrinth Fish, and it has a familiar David Bowie hairstyle.
The best part is that is description says "Assure it has no power over you."

I couldn't stop laughing at that shout-out!

Explorer
May 27, 2012
Steven CrowShield on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
Dont forget about memes!No one noticed in azteca philosaraptor???
There's also this gem from Chantico Blue Air the parrot.

"I must apologize, again. The Shadow Queen has turned more than half of my men against me, so I'm a bit paranoid."

A paranoid parrot.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
This might be a stretch, but if it was intentional, this is brilliant!

So the first boss in Khrysalis is a goliath named Kaliklak... And í think í know where that comes from

In the 1920s, dr. Goddard (a horrible guy by all accounts) wrote a book about a family called Kallikak, to promote his ideas about eugenics. To cement this idea for me - khrysalis hás some eugenics related themes, like with Morganthe building her army of goliaths, "perfect specimens."

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
many of the worlds in w101 are based off of past places (on earth) ex. aztaca and polarus, which polarus is bassed in the civil war in belars. so are based off of myths. Ex. celestia is based off of Atlantes. the armada in p101 is bassed off of the spanish armada. these people may make fun of history, but i like it!

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Well I am not going through that many pages of stuff so I don't know if it has been said before or not but. You can find milk cartons in several worlds and on them they say Mooshu milk.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
A "penny dreadful" was a sensationalistic, cheap paperback novel back in Victorian days or so. It would typically be about lurid topics, sometimes based on real life, sometimes not, usually exaggerated quite a bit in the gory details.

Of course, Penny Dreadful is in The Commons in Wizard 101.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
My favorite easter egg in Wizard101 would be the Frozen "Let it Go" one in Khrysalis. I can't ever get over that.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Wesa727 on Aug 7, 2016 wrote:
This might be a stretch, but if it was intentional, this is brilliant!

So the first boss in Khrysalis is a goliath named Kaliklak... And í think í know where that comes from

In the 1920s, dr. Goddard (a horrible guy by all accounts) wrote a book about a family called Kallikak, to promote his ideas about eugenics. To cement this idea for me - khrysalis hás some eugenics related themes, like with Morganthe building her army of goliaths, "perfect specimens."
I think it's more likely a homage to Guardians of the Galaxy/Micronauts. It's also the name of the insect homeworld of Bug from those comics.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
Canny B Moone on Jun 25, 2011 wrote:
Dr. Purreau is a reference to Dr. Moreau, in the film, "The Island of Dr. Moreau".

Sergeant Culpepper in Briskbreeze Tower was historically connected to Katherine Howard, 5th wife to King Henry VIII.

Hmm...

qbb

I read the script the Island of Doctor Moreau. Its a great stroy. Very creepy.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
There's a reference to Metallica in Krokotopia.

There's a quest called "Enter Sandman", referring to the Metallica song.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Did anyone mention Harvey the rabbit in Wysteria?

Comedic film starring Jimmy Stewart.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
If no one has mentioned this yet, there are two quests in Azteca referencing popular movies/books:

One of the quests given to you is called "Journey to the Cenote of the Earth" - This is a reference to the popular book/movie Journey to the Center of the Earth.

The other one is in pitch black lake: right after you defeat Tzapotec the crab, you get a quest called "Friend not Food" - This is a reference to the popular movie Finding Nemo.

Explorer
May 25, 2016
Not sure is this was mentioned, but in Marleybone The Professor is a reference to Doctor Who. And the telegraph box next to him is a reference to the TARDIS. And seen in the background behind The Professor is an old car that looks like Bessie the third Doctor's car. Another noticable reference is The Professor is dressed in similar clothes to the Fourth Doctor with an addition bow tie to reference the Eleventh Doctor's famous saying: "bowties are cool"

There is a lot of Doctor Who references in Wizard101, but that is the most noticable :)

Just to name 3 more obvious Doctor Who references is:

1. The move regenerate. The Doctor regenerates when he dies.
2. The halloween quest "blink and your red" in reference to the Weeping Angels and The Tenth doctor's warning: "blink and your dead"
3. The theme song inside the B.O.X.E.S event dungeon is very similar to the theme song of Doctor Who

Again there's many more Doctor Who references, but these are the more noticable ones if your a whovian. :p

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
I feel like I'm the only one who's going to mention this but whatever lol.....

The Portico Dungeon ( Celestia ) - The quests name is Dark Side of The Moon

Pink Floyd anyone......

I think it refers that its Celestia and there's a moon school, and your fighting evil that is the moon school? IDK lol.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
Malt22 on Jun 24, 2011 wrote:
All of Zeke's quests are rock n roll bands:

1. The Smiths- Popular British Indie rock band from the 80's
2. The Yardbirds- 1960's British Blues/R&B band with psychedelic leanings, featured three of rock's greatest guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Paige.
3. The Stray Cats- American 80's band from New York that led the rockabilly rivival of the time.
4. The Lounge Lizards- Another (fairly unknown) 80's band from New York that created "fake jazz with pop and avant-garde rock tendencies."
5. The Stone Roses- short lived British 80's/90's band that merged classic 60's psychedelic rock with an 80's dance beat. (These guys are great!)
6. Blue Oyster Cult- The very first band I personally fell in love with. Though still around today, this New York based thinking man's heavy metal band flourished during the 70's and 80's, having hits like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Godzilla"
7. The Troggs- 1960's Bristish Proto-punk band that was best known for it's song, "Wild Thing"
You forgot The Beetles

( legit its the most obvious one so I think everyone gets the reference anyway on that one )

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
Also, people at KI apparently have really good taste in music, because there's a lot of references to classic rock/rock. Here's the ones i thought of....

(1 Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles

(2 Appetite For Destruction - Guns and Roses

(3 Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

(4 Enter Sandman - Metallica

(5 Of course, Zeke's quests as well xD ( all his quests are named after bands )

Survivor
Nov 21, 2016
The new castle magic guy is called Babbage Basset. One of the first programmers was called Charles Babbage, and castle magic is basically extremely simplified programming.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
Khrysalis area refers to the living quarters of the bees in the bee movie

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
DS= Rome :D
MS= Japan MB=London Krok= Egypt Zafaria= Africa

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
Idk if it's really an easter egg, but in Krok in the are called the entrance hall, there is a boss called Grumish Greataxe, and the name seems similar to the character Grommash from WoW, who wields a.. um, greataxe, gorehowl. :)

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
Oh also, Jacques the Scratcher is an easter egg to Jack the Ripper, a murderer in Victorian London. :)

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
Found another one, there is a quest in krokotopia given by Kaji'Rae called ''Tomb Town'', which is an obvious reference to Toontown online! I guess.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2016
Fish references are big now in Wizard101, Sharkspeare, for example, is a beautiful reference for Shakespeare, Also, King Parsley, Obvious connection to Elvis Presley, the KING of Rock & Roll.