Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2010
In the Moon Cliffs in Khrysalis, there's a quest where some type of storage area was being burned down by some fire elementals, who say, "Burn, baby burn! Honeymill inferno! Burn, baby burn! Burn it all down!", a pretty obvious reference to to the song Disco Inferno by The Trammps.

Thomas Wildstaff, 93

Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
I've checked this entire thread and I've seen someone mention it but not in detail.

In The Vault of Ice, the three defenders of the fang are based of The Weird Sisters, (or The Three Witches) in Shakespeare's play, Macbeth. Just read what they say.

Play Quote: Fair is foul, and foul is fair Hover through the fog and filthy air.
Protector of the Fang: "Fair is foul, and foul is fair. Try and take this Fang if you so dare..."

Play Quote: (couldn't find the quote in the book that this was referencing. if anyone would like to post it for me, that would be greatly appreciated.)
Defender of the Fang: "'Tis the Fang you've come to claim as your own? Tamper with me, little Wizard and I'll turn you to stone!"

Play Quote: Show his eyes and grieve his heart. Come like shadows; so depart!
Guardian of the Fang: "Show your eyes, and grieve with your heart. Come to the shadows, and prepare to depart!"

Survivor
Sep 19, 2015
I honestly found the Doctor Who reference amusing.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
The boss in the Underden "Boa Fett" is most definately a reference to Boba Fett from Star Wars

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
The "Tomb Raider" badge you recieve after... something. Funny little Lara Croft reference.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
In the Kondhar desert in Chrysalis, there are a couple white mice (cannibals apparently) barbarians- Evandyr Halfear, and another one that shows up during a sparring match called Tyson Uppercut. When I caught on to who they were referring to I almost snorgged my milk out of my nose. Hilarious!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Questing in Khrysalis

Came upon a Cursed Phantom

Her name is really Allderan Nomoon Love the Star Wars reference.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
All of Avalon is a reference to movies that have settings taking place in the high stage medieval setting. Most notably is King 'Artur'orious, Sir Rob Bravely, and the minstrel, which all reference Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Bane Wyrm in Avalon references Smaug from the hobbit with his dialogue before the battle.

Survivor
May 22, 2016
Baldr Goldpaw's home and theme is based off of Norse Mythology ( and his name is the god of trade ) - Taylor RavenGlen

Survivor
May 22, 2016
Griffon Lady on Jul 6, 2011 wrote:
ia any one else reminded of Flotsam and Jetsam fro m Disney's "The little mermaid" when they see eel mobs?
OOOOH YEAH! first thing that came to mind lol . King Crab needs a Crusty Burger

Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
Malistaire and Darth Vader from star wars used to be good but both got cought up in wanting to resurrect the dead and crazy things like that and turned evil.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
If you read or watched Harry potter you all know the order of the Phoenix. In krocotopia they put it as the order of the fang.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2015
Dragons rock on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
If you read or watched Harry potter you all know the order of the Phoenix. In krocotopia they put it as the order of the fang.
Y'know there is more orders in history then just the Order of the Phoenix? That is not the only order ever created. (Not trying to be rude)

But here are some more, in Ruined Alcazar in Khyrsalis there is a boss that is a yellow and black scorpion, he says "Get over here!" Obvious refrence to Mortal Combat.

Another is in Celestia there is an NPC named Gracie Conrad, who is also a companion in Pirate101.

This is a known one but some people still do not know it. In Mirage there is the Den of Thieves, reference to Jabba's Palace in Star Wars, it also has a boss named Boa Fett.

A few more Mirage references include, the name of the world mirage, it means illusion and also Ali Baboon and the Fortee Thieves. There is also Xerxes who was a Persian Emperor in ancient times.

Also here are some world references:

Wizard City: No clue at all

Krokotopia: Egypt

Marleybone: Marylebone (a city in London)

Mooshu: China

Dragonspyre: Rome

Celestia: Atlantis or (I forget what) a place in Lovecrafts stories

Zafaria: Africa

Avalon: Medieval England

Azteca: Tenochtitlan (aka the capital of all of the Aztec cities)

Khrysalis: Again, no clue

Polaris: Russia

Mirage: Persia or anywhere in the Middle East

Empyrea: I do not have a clue

If you read through this thank you and hope I see you in the Spiral!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
legosrock52 on Aug 3, 2018 wrote:
Y'know there is more orders in history then just the Order of the Phoenix? That is not the only order ever created. (Not trying to be rude)

But here are some more, in Ruined Alcazar in Khyrsalis there is a boss that is a yellow and black scorpion, he says "Get over here!" Obvious refrence to Mortal Combat.

Another is in Celestia there is an NPC named Gracie Conrad, who is also a companion in Pirate101.

This is a known one but some people still do not know it. In Mirage there is the Den of Thieves, reference to Jabba's Palace in Star Wars, it also has a boss named Boa Fett.

A few more Mirage references include, the name of the world mirage, it means illusion and also Ali Baboon and the Fortee Thieves. There is also Xerxes who was a Persian Emperor in ancient times.

Also here are some world references:

Wizard City: No clue at all

Krokotopia: Egypt

Marleybone: Marylebone (a city in London)

Mooshu: China

Dragonspyre: Rome

Celestia: Atlantis or (I forget what) a place in Lovecrafts stories

Zafaria: Africa

Avalon: Medieval England

Azteca: Tenochtitlan (aka the capital of all of the Aztec cities)

Khrysalis: Again, no clue

Polaris: Russia

Mirage: Persia or anywhere in the Middle East

Empyrea: I do not have a clue

If you read through this thank you and hope I see you in the Spiral!
Wizard City seems to be loosely based on small English village architecture and is also loosely based on the world of a certain famous literary and cinematic young wizard.

Khrysalis seems (to me at least) be loosely based on the Watership Down novels.

I have not made it to Empyrea but from what I've gleaned it seems to based on Star Trek.

I would also disagree with you on Draogonspyre, it seems to be based on Czarist Russia just as it fell to the Communist regime.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jan 12, 2015
Area51Alien on Aug 4, 2018 wrote:
Wizard City seems to be loosely based on small English village architecture and is also loosely based on the world of a certain famous literary and cinematic young wizard.

Khrysalis seems (to me at least) be loosely based on the Watership Down novels.

I have not made it to Empyrea but from what I've gleaned it seems to based on Star Trek.

I would also disagree with you on Draogonspyre, it seems to be based on Czarist Russia just as it fell to the Communist regime.

Steven Ghoststalker
Okay thank you for clarifying me.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2015
Adding on to my other post I found a cool easter egg in Zafaria, so in the zoo in Stone Town, there is an elephant named Jorton Whoghard. That is a reference to the book Horton Hears a Who. To make it even more funny if you complete the side quest he gives you he says something referencing "a person is a person no matter how small" also just saying if you are thinking of completing this quest it has a boss, and 2 defeat and collects.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2015
The Dancing Queen boat in Zafaria, and the quest "You Can Jive". Too bad the NPC, Hannibal Onetusk that gives the quest wasn't named Abba! That'd be the icing on the cake.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
IncognitoCheeto on Aug 15, 2018 wrote:
The Dancing Queen boat in Zafaria, and the quest "You Can Jive". Too bad the NPC, Hannibal Onetusk that gives the quest wasn't named Abba! That'd be the icing on the cake.
Han is short for Hannibal

When you have one of something it is a solo object.

Look at the outfit the Captain is wearing.

I think it was too bad the boat wasn't named Millenial Bird of Prey

S Gs

Survivor
Oct 16, 2015
For star wars easter eggs in wizard101, this is Not really an easter egg, but you can be named luke skywalker.
Particularly, kingsisle also officially noted the luke skywalker name on an blog, with an picture of an...cosplay I guess?
They also noted it was the name used for the first wizard ever created.
There's also the badge "one in an million", potentially referencing han's line "Great shot kid, that's one in an million!" Though, I do assume the term was an generally used term decades prior to star wars and wizard101.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
Don't know if this is already posted, but: The final quest chain for Empyrea Part I revolves around Mellori being "only mostly dead", a reference to the film The Princess Bride. It comes with the Badge "Only Mostly Done", which I only mostly want.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
The Basstille in Polaris is a reference to the Bastille in Paris during the French Revolution. The quest "Storming the Basstille" is similar to what happened in history, as the revolutionaries took the down fort by a mob in July 1789.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Empyra is the world of Star Trek

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
TiffanyHex123 on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
Empyra is the world of Star Trek
I am beside myself with the Star Trek and Batman references in Empyrea.

They have had me in stitches for hours.

S Gs.

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
PottingTea on May 4, 2011 wrote:
Let's face it - Wizard101 contains a LOAD of references to books, other games and whoknowswhat. And then there's just these little utterly brilliant gems that crop up here and there. So, let's collect those!

However, let's keep it to the little details that most people pass by without a second glance, and which you usually only pick up on the third or fourth run past. Dorothy wanting to visit Toto and Tin Man and gives out Red Slippers for a reward, for instance, is a very obvious reference and thus isn't exactly a hidden gem.

A gem would be Montgomery in the Science Center - who has a scottish accent if you listen to his voice file. His character design is based on an Aberdeen Terrier. The Aberdeen Terrier is generally known as the Scottish Terrier.

So, what gems have you located that you often had to explain to your friends before they understood your sudden amusement?
Y'all mean ya Scoqqish accent. An' I right?!