Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
I was questing on my myth in firecat ally, and I found a quest called, wait for it...
'one watch to rule...'

level 92
level 10
level 29
level 5
level 8
level 6

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
There is a quest in dragons pyre when you are about to unlock the necropolis called attune town.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
When Death Wizards fight Old Greensides in the Tower of Peladon to get our Level 75 Minion spell, his dialogue is from Shakespeare's 'Macbeth'..."What's done is done, and I shall stand the hazard of the die"

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I've found a few that some people haven't noticed:

Ghost Dog. A reference to movie of the same name. The main character was a gangster I believe who fought by the samurai code despite not hailing from a Japanese culture much like Ghost Dog who fought like a Samoorai despite originating from Marelybone.

Scorpion. A boss who's a scorpion with gold armor. His line before attack you is "Get over here!" Sound familiar to a certain Mortal Kombat character by the same name?

Adele Dazeem. A shark by this name is the minion to an angler who quotes lines from "Let it Go" from Frozen.

And those are only the ones I've noticed! There's probably more but that's all I've seen in Khyrsalis so far.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
In the main storyline quests you encounter the character Belloq in three boss fights in Zafaria and Azteca.
The inspiration behind this character comes from the movie Indiana Jones- Raiders of the lost arc.

Belloq is a french archeologist who acts as one of the main antagonists in the movie. Like in the movie as in the game Belloq is getting in the way of the main character in this case your wizard as he did with Indiana Jones in the movie.

In the movie and the game they were both annoying but got what they deserved in the end.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
I looked over the entire first page and i was surprised no one mentioned the marleybone quests "The young and the Boneless" ( young and the restless ) and the after quest "The bone and the Beautiful" ( The bone and the Beautiful ).

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but there is an easter egg in Zafaria. That monkey in the Drum Jungle chants:
"Ooh ee oohh ahh ahh ting tang walla walla bing bang"
This made me die of laugher for a good 20 minutes!

Courtney Dawnpetal Level 74

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
Krokotopia is ancient Egypt, Marleybone is 19th century London, Mooshu is ancient Japan, Grizzleheim is Viking-era Scandinavia, etc.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Have you seen The Professor in Marleybone? He is next to a red police box. Okay so in Doctor Who, there is a guy named The Doctor, and his Tardis is a blue police box. This is crazy, shouldn't King's Isle get sued for that?
Oh, and also, a lot of the worlds copy real life countries. Mistyride already said what some places are like, but I will continue. Zafaria is like Africa or somewhere with elephants, Aquila is Greece, Avalon is like the middle ages in England, and instead of King Arthur they have King Artorius, and Azteca is like the earth when it was newly formed, with Dinosaurs and all that.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
There is a balance robe for sale in dragonspyre called: Technicolour dreamcoat. Ironically, you can get the robe's secondary colour as pink or purple, which have shades mentioned in one of the songs in the stage show "joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat"

Courtney Dawnpetal lvl 74 (secondary & )

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Did anyone notice that Mooshu is a Japanese delicacy?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
One of the first quests is named after a song. "Fairies Wear Boots" and anyways, Krokotopia is filled with name eggs. Krokopatra? Cleopatra? that sort of thing.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
eggywig on Jul 27, 2011 wrote:
A quest for a Death pet is called "Don't fear the Reaper" which is a song by Blue Oyster Cult.
I love that song! Anyways... Mooshu is also a Chinese dish! It's quite delish!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2012
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
DS= Rome :D
Idk if anyone said it, but CL=Atlantis.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I don't believe I've seen anyone else say this (I've read all these posts), but on Avalon, in Caer lyon, there is an npc named Innes Idle. He is based off the actor/comedian Eric Idle. In Innes' "song" he says a character named Sir Robin, in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Eric Idle played a character named Sir Robin.

Survivor
May 18, 2014
Krokopatra in Krokotopia is supposed to be Cleopatra of Egypt
Similar names and both have the stunningly attractive appearence

Survivor
May 18, 2014
The Triton Underwater boss "Old Greensides" could be a reference to the historical ship located in Boston Massachusetts, the USS constitution whose nickname is "Old Ironsides"

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Odddoll650 on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
There is a quest in dragons pyre when you are about to unlock the necropolis called attune town.
Wow based on another game though the Quest is not even related to it, I think it's more of a coincidence.
You will laugh if you go to the Ice chamber in the Solar Arc, Khrysals!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Btw, Kravenly in khrysalis is either means hunter in old english or is a reference to a villain in a super hero comic/ series.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
And also I thinked of another one, you know in Pirate101 where there is this npc/ companion called Gracie Conrad( whose is said also have traveled to celestia before in her rogue's gallery video).
There this npc in Celestia first "street" called Grace Conrad! Could it be that they are sisters or that she have another secret identities!, though they both look different in some feature but same in shape. It's always make me think ARE THEY RELATED.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Just for fun,
  1. Cyrus Drake's first name could be the family name of Miley Cyrus whose is a current pop-star singer/actor.
  2. Plus Serena Gutierrez from Pirate101 cool ranch and also Wizard101 old crab alley's Selena Gomez could be another reference to the pop-star Selena Gomez!
  3. Nick Jonas in Grizzlehiem is the mysterious composer who you can find at Northguard (the world's hub)!

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
MythMaker1005 on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
onother one in marleybone is the professor next to his red phone booth but he is a copy of the doctor from the tv show on bbc america Dr. Who next to the tardis or the blue police box where he travels through space and time. to be more specific of which of the current 11 doctors he is the 10th doctor!

p.s. dr who is awesome
Doctor Who is the BEST EASTER EGG EVER, especially when you are a nerd.

Also:

-Since it would seem we lived in a twisted Harry Potter, the snowy owl they sell during Christmas could be a reference to Headwig.
-Bartleby could be Yggdrasil, the world tree is Norse myths, and the "worlds" are the realms.

Those are the only ones I don't think people have said, though i could be wrong.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
The seed prickly bear cactus is to the prickly pear cactus.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
brenman123 on Aug 3, 2011 wrote:
wizard city: america
krokotopia: egypt
marleybone: england
mooshu: china/japan
dragonspyre: rome
grizzlehiem/wintertusk: ????
celestia: atlantis
Norse, maybe? Iceland?

Fallon Starstrider
Adept Level 27

Jasmine Icewraith
Adept Level 28

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I'm unsure if anyone said this-
I recently found a mount called 'Mighty Steed', and it's just two coconuts that you clap together, like in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.