Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 28, 2009
13wawa wrote:
scheletro wrote:
i think the pet that we are not using should be able to roam around our house
Yeah pet should be able like to walk around the house and you could make there on path some way like where you want him to walk. And This of Question but Ice teacher have you ever meet Santa is he a Great ice Wizard
i think a pet walking around your house would be great!!!

Explorer
May 28, 2009
scheletro wrote:
i think the pet that we are not using should be able to roam around our house

totally i agree

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
1Sonicboom wrote:
here's an idea. lets have our pets able to mutate. i would love to have a jolted man pet or frost bats.

we could go to the dye shop and dye them into the mutations or we can get a quest from her saying she'll mutate one of our pets. i would love to have this feature.

Yes! Great Idea!!

Fallon Moonrunner, Grandmaster Ice

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Genki97 wrote:
1. Let your pets run around your house. There should be a limit depending on how expensive the house was.
Dorm room-1 pet
WC #1- 2 pets
WC #2- 5 pets
KK #1- 3 pets
KK #2- 7 pets
MB #1- 4 pets
MB #2- 8 pets
MS #1- 5 pets
MS #2- 9 pets
DS #1- 6 pets
DS #2- 10 pets
2. Let up to 2 flying pets and up to 2 walking pets next to you. When you go into your house they walk around freely then, they come back to you once you walk out of your house.

I absolutely love the idea of having the pets run around the castle/house!!!! Some might run to you as you came in ... some, like evil snowman, might be off hiding and you'd have to go see where!

Fallon Moonrunner, Grandmaster Ice

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
My wizard, Patrick DragonBlood, has a lot of pets, but it would be cool if the pets could be minions. Patrick is a lvl. 29, and is able to summon a Fire Elemental, and they don't help you very much when you're battling a fire enemy, and I just thought it would be cool for like a Blood Bat or something to help as a minion.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I agree with the pets roaming around in your house idea! And maybe, just maybe, an add on to that would be caring for the pets, like interacting with them! They could also interact with the other pets. But you would have to feed them and even maybe walk them!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Blaze111314 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.

I agree. If you could be able to train them it should be just like you. They go up levels and have exp. And whatever pet you have equipped after completing a qust or winning a battle should get the same amount of exp. you get. Then, every five levels they grow a bit and when they get to level 20 you can ride them like mounts. Just a suggestion.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
well, i think that you should be able to put on more than one pet at a time, and you could maybe add a few more pets in grizzleheim??

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
You Should be able to feed them, play with them, give them attention (Pet them I mean they are pets) and train them.

They should be able to ignore you, fall asleep, slow you down when they are hungry or need to do their business.

They should be on a leash at all time in certain area or run away.

You should be able to leave them at home and they should be able to destoy your furniture or do their business(droppings) everywhere if not trained and/or you don't have a pet door in your dwelling.

Their should be a place in Unicorn Park or other location where you can take them to do their business.

They should make sounds that can be turn on/off( bark, sing, annoy the neighbors).

All that I can think of right now.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
For wizard101 I think it would be cool if you can leave your pets at your home. Then, the pets could run around the home. Plus it would also be nice if we can type in our own names for the pets. Currently my pets name is Cookie (Mostly because i love cookies and my nickname is cookie!) and i would like to type in a different name. ( non-innapropriate of course!)

Brittany Lion
Life Student
Level 32
Come to the dark side!
We have cookies! :D 8)

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
i like th idea of them being minions but also how about they advise you on which spells to cast? i no this would be very hard to do but it would be cool

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Having pets as minions is a little overpowered. I would like it if they gave us a damage dealt boost.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
I love my elephant because he gives me and 5 bonus pips and he gives me he's card! I also like my dragon because it gives me dryad

Also i have 6 pets and i love them

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Ya i think we should be able to train your pets also ride them to.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
jpcaps wrote:
pets should not only good company, but they should be able to deliver the mail. :P Sounds familiar?
yea lol :)

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

i would like if the pets could help u in battles like minions can and they could come with a card and that would be so cool 8)

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
tyty275 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Ithink that you should be able to fly on your dragon or creature that can fly like they grow full size and you can fly freely or travel to a area.

example:You have a deck that you use to battle in the air like you can use spells that have wings or fly and you can move around to try to dodge attacks like you use the storm shark and it flys right at your opponet like a misslie. and there are attacks that can increase your flying speed and make copys of yourself so you can try to trick your opponet. your teacher should be able to teach new cards for your dragon to use while your fighting and even in a fight you can move freely just cant go to far and you can you attacks for the wings like the slash you.and what ever school you are your dragon or flying creature can shoot a shot fast at your opponet and the spells say how fast they can move

you should also be able to fuse with your petwith your pet in a fight and will boost your stats and start to change your element based off of what you fused with
Ex:say you fuse with a dragon your staff top will be it's head the attack will be a shower of your element like i am storm so it will spread out.
and will you also get armor like say my dragon/ flying pet idea works out so then the wings will be on your back and if they are things that can fly then you can make it a moblity free battle in the air say you do that and your fighting with other people and they fuse but dont have wings
then you can take the enemies that fly into battle and leave the ones that cant.Also while you were in your fight the others finish the battle on the ground and your not done in air you get the experience then you finish your fight and they get the xp for it.
and ride on there back like blaze said
No offense, but that is just a plane "unsmart" idea. I mean dodging an attack? Getting xp? We dont want our pets to give us TOO much power/advantages. O and btw that would cost Kingsisle too much time.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
i would love it if you could get stuff for them to wear!!! you know lke armor and bows. [just so you know i dis like bows but my sister LOVES them!!!]

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
i think when you in your house or dorm you can get food to feed your pet have pets battles when you can battle with his or hers pet and buy beds for multlypul pets can sleep if there not buy your side and they can rome around your house ;) from kyle dreambreeze (pomt101)

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
an idea i have for the pets are for them to be able to fight eachother when they get close together for example a storm grand, and a balance grand talk to eachother and the stormzilla pet is right in front of the hydra pet, when they stay together for about 1 minute, they start using attacks on eachother.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
Maybe a good idea is to first fix the mess you call the pet derby.
You join a race and never get to race. What is with that?
So yea fix what is in place first a KI before bring out more broken stuff.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I would like our pets to turn into minions and the pets could come with their own pet cards.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
A way to control and effect what talents are learned. Right now hatching is throw everything into a pot and hope for the best. And then do it all over again until you luck into what you want.