Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
Oh i just have a few suggestions that some have already said but I will say them anyway just in case.
All pets having cards, that would be a definate plus
Doing tricks sure that would be cool
Playing dress up not really on my top lists but ok
Leaving unused pets at your house/dorm when not need/used great
Them being your minion would be the greatest along with your regular minion together

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
If my pet could do anything.....
1. I would really like all pets to be able to be painted. I have a fire bird but i'm ice and i want to be able to paint it cooler colors instead of red and yellow.
2. Like some other players said, it would be great if you could train your pet and make them grow big enough that you could possibly ride them!
3. I think it would also be cool if your pets could help you in battles and have their own special attacks.

hope some of these ideas go into the game! :D

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I think it would be great if we could ride on them to like if your in a dungeon it takes forever to get back to the boss or whatever espelially in katzienstiens lab everyone runs there for awhile it hard to get through

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Let them roam my house!

Kaitlyn Ashflower, lvl 50, Fire, [storm and life as secondaries] currently in the Forum battling Undead and looking for Father Drake

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
I feel you should be able to do quests to "better" your pet of choice. Afterwhich, you would be allowed to bring your pet into battle. Also by completing certain quests or via experience, you can level your pet and allow him/her to gain spells and special attacks. Also by leveling, you enahnce its health and attack. One final thing, it would also be nice if you could somehow control your pet (ie. tricks for battle purposes).

Just my two cents.

Valkoor Titanwraith
Grandmaster Necromancer
Soloed Kensington Park

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
i think that you should get to put pets in your house and while they are in there they have a mind of thier own and walk around :D

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I know this sounds a lot like what other people have already said, but I want to expand on it. It would be fun to have your pet beside you in a battle (Not in a player slot, just standing next to you like normal) and after you choose what spell to cast, you get to tell your pet to do something! Nothing too spectacular, but something helpful. You could edit your pets own little deck of spells, and use them while you fight. Like, if one person has a ghoul for a pet, they can tell it to drain 80 hp from their opponent and heal them by 40. I suppose you could use different spells, but just weaker versions of normal spells would be helpful. There would have to be some sort of restriction on how often you can tell your pet to do something, though.

Just some ideas

- Noah Dragonheart
Wizard City Protector

Survivor
May 01, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

You should be able to have your pets stay home, do tricks, sleep, eat, train, fight, stay somewere. Also, you should be able to change pet colors, weapons, and cloths. And make pets grow as they level. Boy am I full of ideas! :D :-) :) :-o :?

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I would enjoy taking care of your pet ( feed it, water it). You could keep the pets that you are not using in your house, I would also like if pets could fight in battles, like a minion. ;) :-D :-o :-D
one more thing is if we could dress up pets :-) :-) :-)

Survivor
May 12, 2009
:P
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

ok i think it would be so cool if all the pets that you do not take with you run around your home ....like you take one with you and when you come home ...look there are all of my pets and they are all haveing fun and are friendly with all my friends ...i think it would be also cool that the pets all have additudes of there own and help you out if you need it .i also think it would be cool if we could grow our own pets from baby to full grone... well any way i really like this game and like all the pets i have so far

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
I am an adult player on my third character. I think pets should have an option to help in battle. Maybe like the battle order system. And the non active pets that we collect hang out at our houses walking around or whatever.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
i would like for a pet to be minion that way it really protects me and helps me and lets the game play be opened up for all to play plus it would be very interesting

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
it would be awsome if they could help out a little in battles,and also if we could interact with them;like take care og them,play with them,and also if they could wander around out home or dorm! :mrgreen

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
ooo i have to agree with the poster above me. Having your unused pets running around at your castle/house would be really cool!

Another option i wouldnt mind seeing is if they had some kind of emoticons, say like a dance feature or the such. That would be pretty entertaining.

I also like what a lot of people have brought up, being able to use pets like minions. Maybe have cards that will let your pet come in and do some new attack that only they have.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
I think that every pet has it's picture on a card that goes into our decks, and if we cast it, they are summoned and have the ability to cast EVERY spell we know, excluding treasure cards, and your opponent is forced to attack your pet in minion form until it is defeated, then they can attack you with their spells again, sound like a familiar card game?

Justin DragonBlood;lvl48thaumaturge
Aaron SilverRiver;lvl13sorcerer 8)

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
tyty275 wrote:
astro1244 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.
that is true they do not do any thing
yeah i am storm and it does same thing :(

Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
thank you for asking this question profssor. I spent alot of coins on a myth ghoul or a dream ghoul i forget and all he does is stnd right next to me . it would be nice if they helped in battle sort of like those minions. And you could like buy cards for the pets sort of like whenyou buy a deck for your self you can also give cards to the pet.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I would like pets to be used in battles and be able to do tricks... Also I would want pets to be able to take you to their normal Home... like Grizzlehiem, Dragonspyre, Wizard city, Moosho, Krokotopia, and Marleybone...

Thanks and Please reply
Blaze Moonflame
Power Dragon owner :D

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
I know there's no way pets will be able to be used in battle (not all pets anyway, there could always be more that will give you a card or something), but I would like to put pets at my house and have them run around. You could make it so that school rule was that there were no pets in the dorms, so you'd have to buy a house to be able to put your pet there. I would also like for pets to gradually grow in size at your house, till they're full grown. I think that would be really cool to have a full grown stormzilla stomping around your house, lol.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
riding in pet would be awesome so you could travel fasterand that pets could give a little boost of health,mana or power pips would be cool too.

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
I'd love to be able to let my pets run around loose in my house and yard, so they wouldn't have to sit cooped up in my backpack or bank when they aren't travelling with me. It would be nice to return home after a long battle and have them run up to the door to greet me!

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
i would like for the pets to do mini games and gain potions faster and also to unlock pets easier when you play mini games with them and get a good score. and if you get a really high score you can unlock a mini wizard of that class. that would be fun

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
I do think it would be a very good idea to have your pet help you in battle but maybe if you are dying just to help. I wolud also like it if they could help from the start to the end of a battle!. last but not last i would like all drop pets to have card of some sort, because i have a lot of them and only one has card

Survivor
May 10, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I think that you should add more variaty like after the gift card pets are expired possibly those available, and that a pet humungofrog could be added :)