Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Not sure if this goes here but i have to ask
I see people spawn minions to fight on there side how is this done??

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I would like it if your pet could help you in a battle.
A new minigame could be added so you could dress up your pet.
This would make the game even more fun! :D

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I think it be cool if you can get a pet that has a card to summon like a minion to fight at your side(with you pet name showing in info box).

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
They could possibly give you clues to special places or special quests. It would be cool if they could talk to other pets.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
maggiemay1216 wrote:
i love my pets i wish there could be like a dragon you could buy and ride they would be sooo cool .

thats a good idea! never thought of that, and it will be so funny casting spells while on your pet!

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
You should be able to make them do tricks that would be cool and you should make an arena for pets to race in and stuff like that!

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
it would be really cool if you could train them. like have them stay and port back also i think that they should be able to to give you a resist if someone attacks you with there card and if they could be ur minions and they could have lvls and if they lvl up they could get new cards like reglar wizards it would be like having 2 schools and i like that one that you could have pet shows with slip ups and stuff and it is based on toontown ALOT i have played a lot of games so i think they should be able to heal us like he pets in toontown (if they are trained of course) and WIZARD101 ROCKS LOVE THE GAME :-) :-) :-D :-( :-o 8) :x :-P ;) :? :-) :-) :-D :-D :-( :-o 8)

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Several pet features/options that might be neat to have.

1. I personaly would like a pet upgrade feature. The ability to add stats and/or cards to pets. Maybe even change the card a pet uses. We gain levels and progress it would be nice if our favorite pet could do the same. Might even put options in for just crown users, though I don't see why all upgrades would require crowns.

2. Different sizes/effects. Allow us to customize our pet by offereing a size change at the shop. Or perhaps the ability to add small visual effects to our pets.

3. Tricks. Animations. Simple stuff like a pet running circles around us and stopping. Backflips like someone else said would be neat but I'd imagine that'd require new animations for every pet. If you do add animations I'd like to see a pet do something special when you use its card in battle.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
It'd be rather cool to be able to send your pet to a shop with some of the boots, pendants, rings ETC. and sell them for you. Then after the items are sold they can bring back the money for you.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2008
1. Let your pets run around your house. There should be a limit depending on how expensive the house was.
Dorm room-1 pet
WC #1- 2 pets
WC #2- 5 pets
KK #1- 3 pets
KK #2- 7 pets
MB #1- 4 pets
MB #2- 8 pets
MS #1- 5 pets
MS #2- 9 pets
DS #1- 6 pets
DS #2- 10 pets
2. Let up to 2 flying pets and up to 2 walking pets next to you. When you go into your house they walk around freely then, they come back to you once you walk out of your house.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
It would be nice if the pet gave the character positives against mobs of like type and positives against enemies of like schools.

Ex: ghouls would give positives against undead and defenses against death.
cyclops would be positives against giants and defenses against myth.

The unused pets should be able to roam your property.

New items could be beds, outfits, and weapons for the pet. Maybe some of the outfits and weapons would add something to the strength of your pet or your character.

other pet items:
Food types, litter box, leashes, toys

I agree on pet tricks or rather errands. Maybe the pet could
replace minion in battle-not in addition to.
fetch/find friends
fetch treasure cards
fetch potions
run to store and sell a couple things for you
fetch that needed wand from your room
scout an area before you enter it.
track/follow a friend

Maybe a little more personality:
maybe they kick you in the shin when you stand around for to long.
hide behind your leg when in danger
get aggrevated when they see someone or thing they don't like.
Jump for joy when their master is victorious or levels up.

Characters could interact with them:
Pat them on the head
hug them
shoo them away
hi five
jiggy dance
tickle them
toss treats
give drinks

Maybe to win over their friends pet the character can interact with those as well. That would mean if they did something the other pet wouldn't like that pet kicks them too.

If nothing else maybe add storage slots to your pet that would make a second wand or additional 2 treasure cards available in battle. Now that would be nice!

If the "pet joins fight" thing isn't approved then maybe they can steal one card from opponents deck during a pvp.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009

it wou;d be nice if you could ride you're pets people would buy them and move the low lvl pets to MooShu so lvl 30 and up can start getting mounts i thnik the new shard dragon would be an amazing pet so there is an idea ty for listing and good day

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Xenobias wrote:

Pat them on the head
hug them
shoo them away
hi five
jiggy dance
tickle them
toss treats
give drinks

I love this idea!!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Wow lots of great comments I would be happy with too things.

one if my pets could roam free at my new house that would be nice i have loads of pets but i would even settle for maybe five or six of them able to roam free in and out of house.

I would also like them to be more active in fights. Pets with cards are nice pets without are decoration.

but that is it for me.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I love my Wizard 101 pet,Princess Fluffy,and the only thing I want to do is
change her color to pink.Too bad she is a unicorn and unicorns can't change
colors.

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
I KNOW! MOST OF THE PETS HAVE A SPELL VERSION OF THEM BUT THEY DONT GIVE THAT SPELL FOR EG: HECKHOUND PET DOES NOT GIVE HECKHOUND SPELL, AND IMP, AND FIRECAT, AND BLOODBAT. MAKE THEM GIVE OFF SPELLS!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2009
It would be nice if you could obtain a card or something that allows you to summon your pet in battle. Than, added to this some system that allows you to level up your pet such that its stats can be increased and obtain specific race based actions. Also maybe at some point in your wizards career, given the ability to control or issue commands to your pet (via some quest) such that you can decide to some extent what your pet will do in battle.

Just my two cents.

Valkoor Titanwraith
Grandmaster Necromancer
Soloed Kensington Park

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
khorne wrote:
Xenobias wrote:

Pat them on the head
hug them
shoo them away
hi five
jiggy dance
tickle them
toss treats
give drinks

I love this idea!!

So do I! I would also love to see all my pets walking around my house. Or even just standing in a set location in my house when I dont have them equipped. It might also be cool if we could equip up to 3 pets at a time. One on each side and one behind us. I feel bad that I can only use one at a time and the rest have to sit in my backpack or trunk.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
Would be nice of your pets casting intelligence was as good as the the npc's. Constant self buffing is far from helpful.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I think that if you have some certain types of pets like dragons or heck hounds or other pets they could grow to life size and you can ride them and also at you house you could have a giant doghouse for your heck hund if you have one. 8)

from,

alex nightgem

level 31 fire wizard

P.S. I think that if u have more than one pet u shud b able to leave it at home and it could run around outside or something.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
well i like my friendly dragon but honestly i think he should be able to fight with me i want my buddy ( my pet ) to have fun to it would be awesome like what Flair128512 said but seriously i want pets to fight with me and my pet i love it but i get tired of just watching it sit and stare into space what would he actually do if he could you should make pets able to think like when they think of something it shoul have a little bubble like when you get an item in that spot it should have a thought buubble called a pet thought by the way i'm Hunter SoulBlade if you see me say hi

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Since you can have more than one pet but can only have one with you I think it would be great if we could keep the pets we are not using at our houses, either placing them there like the furniture or even better to have them run around the place.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Many of you are saying "I would love my pet to fight beside me in duels like a minion!" Are you forgetting what happens to minions when there health equals zero? :(

I mean you could have it so when they die they just go back to your side but thats a little unrealalistic.

Theres also the issue that once a pet ran out of health and joins your side again players would try to send it out back into battle.

This is also an unfair advantage to players that haven't been playing long so they dont have a chance to get stronger pets, a way to solve this would be to restrain players from using pets in player vs player battles. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something I would like to see is level restrains on pets something like,

Wizard City: Level 1
Krokotopia: Level 10
Marleybone: Level 20
MooShu: Level 30
DragonSpyre: Level 40
Grizzleheim: Level 50

ooops,,,, did that last one slip out My bad