Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2008
I really love the idea of being able to use your pet as a point to which you can teleport to. Some of these "FedEx" missions, while a nice pace from constant battling, can be a bit much when you are on the 4th or 5th time of relaying a message or an object back and forth. Also, it would be very welcomed to have a pet "stay" in a spot you can teleport back to if you lost a fight, instead of running all the way back (ie Lord Nightshade)

I would really love if pets could become a link to a new line of quests (specific to each pet). Maybe your pet could take you to an area previously unattainable when "pre-pet". Or even have only certain pets who can access certain areas.

A more personable pet might add a new dynamic to the game. Being able to breed, raise, feed, clothes, house, etc. would be a nice diversion from so much of the fighting that has become so prevalent in the higher worlds.

Pets with special abilities would be nice - maybe certain pets have abilities related to your wizard's school or a school more suited for the pet itself. Abilities could be added by things such as adding clothes or accessories that you find (hunt/gather) or buy (or make, ahem - crafting). Or these abilities could be directly related to the manner in which you care for your pet (ie love and attention give a more loyal pet, while neglect gives a rogue or seedier pet).

Pets come with trading cards. Each pet starts a new life with wizard owner and one basic spell or one basic “self” pet card. As a pet grows with his/her wizard owner, more cards are available or better cards become available (ie snowman begins with a snowball pet or spell card, pet stays equipped by wizard for a period of time and matures into a yeti pet or white out spell card).

It'd be cool to see monsters with pets that can battle a wizard's pet during or on the side of the usual battles. Or your pets could duel other pets at the pet arena.

Being able to communicate with your pet. They could be given a canned vocabulary of what they want, how they feel, strategies in a battle, reminders to see your professor, etc.

Can we choose the name of our pet for free for the first time, then pay for any subsequent changes?

Pet training in pet or wizard school. Trained pets that can be controlled unlike minions. Or pets that level up parallel to their wizard owners.

Unlockable pet breeds based on your level, your area, willingness to help others, your school, boss monsters, care of previous pets, breeding pets, number of fights, treasure hunt/hidden, side quests, etc.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
i want pets to give you stuff like cards (what some pets do) and give you like more health or mana and i want pets to attack

Survivor
Oct 09, 2008
i agree with most everyone here it would be nice if your pet could join you in battle like a minion because there are times i'm fighting alone and the only thing that saves me is my minion and if my pet could join in it would be really cool to see our pets do damage against our enemies :D

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
i would say they should be able to fight in battle that would make it more exciting! :D :-) :-o :) i hope this will happen some day

Survivor
Aug 21, 2008
what about a pet that could heal especially for those who are not life

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
I would like it if your pets could enter the battle with you, even if it could only attack or heal you. I think that your pets should be able to gain experience too, and get more powerful as they level up. However, I don't want enemies to be able to hurt them. Maybe they could only attack every some number of turns. Also, maybe your pets could help guide you on your quests. I would also like it if you could have more than one pet out at a time. Maybe pets could give you mana as you walk around. :) :D

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

i would like them to do level one spells in battle

Survivor
Sep 15, 2008
I would love to be able to have my pet "stay" someplace.

Then after I am finished going to town or what ever, I could teleport back to my pet

Also it would be nice if your pet could interact with other pets around it. (example= the pets could have like a mini battle and you could watch it)

You should also be able to change the color of ALL pets.

Just some thoughts :)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I think you should be able to train them and they should give you mor life and mana. Oh yeah and the pets should have play dates that would be cool :D :) :-)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
How about a pet for every school for example a helephant for fire you could level it up and every time you do so it could give you a stronger fire spell.How do you feel about this idea?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
How about your pet could fight with you like when you summon a minion?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
teleport to frinds then hit teleport then yes and trade then hit canel to look like i am the pet.it's funny and a bit cool(what's cooler going right thru eneimes)other times i just like to explore with my pet to see what wizard city and other worlds have to offer.one question thought has been buzzing my mind. do pets give you more health and mana?

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Dude! i love this idea! we have got t omeet each other! if you like i can always meet in the greyrose server at golem tower! just look for a dude hanging around dragon mouth cave! Dude, if your idea is put in the game, you will be the COOLEST guy in the game! 8) (well, to me at least)

Justin DragonBlood lvl36 Thaumaturge

P.S. we should share ideas with each other for clothing and work together to make your idea come to life! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Pets are a BIG part of Wizard101 to me, and we should let them do special stuff depending on what type of pet they are, and add sound to their effects, like you can hear a dragon screech when it opens it's mouth, or the unicorn whinny. And, there should be a 10th item catagory: pet clothes! have a whole bunch of pet clothing of hats,robes,boots,maybe even special decks made just for pets who can enter a battle to help you, like with a dragon, it gives you a special card that allows you to summon it like a minion to aid you in battle. and more types of pets, like those dragons that fly around in Dragonspyre, and add more names to the pet name list on both sides. If you wanna talk to me on the game, i will most likely in wizard city be around dragon cave, krokotopia the tomb of storms, marleybone the shops, most likely the robe shop,and mooshu shoshun village.

Justin DragonBlood lvl36 Thaumaturge

P.S. please add some, if not any, ideas t othe game i play DAILY and i even got my own GRANDMOTHER to play with me! please and some of my ideas!

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
i have 2 ideas to get the best out of all of our pets potental:

1. pets could be summoned like minions like everyone else said.

2. we could have our pets race! what the teachers could do is make a portal appear in every world (e.g the commons,the oasis etc.) that leads to a pet racing area were everyone's pets can race, and heres an idea that follows on from the first one, if a pet wins a grand prix, they get a new spell card for when they become a minion in battle!
and you need to beat the grand prix in the first world (wizard city) you have to do the next grand prix in the second world. (krokotopia)
Up to 8 pets could race at a time.

i hope you like my ideas! :D

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
Ophillia wrote:
I would love to be able to have my pet "stay" someplace.

Then after I am finished going to town or what ever, I could teleport back to my pet :)

That is my number one desire for this game! It gets SO monotonous going back and forth to the same people for a quest, especially in places like Marleybone, where getting drawn into random battles is so easy.

If you could leave your pet some where and teleport to him later that would be awesome! If you want to limit it, then after a certain amount of time, your pet appears back in your dorm room and you have to go back there to get it.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I'd like to be anble to interact with my pet more, like playing with it (maybe a possible mini game?) or having stuff like having my dragon be able to sit on my head instead of flying all the time, it's got to be tiring!

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I'd like to be able to use it a s a little spy. Like you take control of it and can fly or run ahead to scope out an area and leave the character behind. Flying pets might have more of a specialty so maybe have buyable booties with wings that let's other pet's fly too? this way we could look at all the architectural stuff put into the game that we don't always notice from ground level and you could add more quests like the smiths quests especially with pets, also you could look around in an area to find out what enemies are ahead and what to be prepared for. Also it would be just plain fun! running around as a Unicorn, Ninja Pig or Fire Cat; or flying through the air as a Dragon, Bloodbat, or Sprite!

just a thought at what I would enjoy if it's at all possible!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I think just petting your pet would be nice. or something along that line. I also was wonder if you can create a Ice Hound with a card cause i really want to see what it would be like and so i could get one.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
i agree with most people your pet should fight with you and do some tricks but now for my own idea i have the death sword from mooshu and i only use it when i feel like looking like a ninja so was thinking cant i just shrink it and give it to my pet and maybe there can be a new instance ten times harder then kensington where you get a miniature version of your character that you can dress with your extra clothing that you dont want please if you agree with me just post something

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
i would love interaction with your pet and maybe it could help with spells like fire cat could help with fire spells. And maybe a pet show you know like teach your pet tricks then show them off and get prizes.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
Just for our pets to have emotions. Or, help in battle. And interaction with other pets as we talk would be nice too!

But, I'm assuming easier said than done.

Defender
Dec 09, 2008
I think we should have a machine in our dorm that can fuse two pets like um idk Storm bats and troll. and I have found silver chests in Dragonspyre that comes with a minigame and I think it should give you a egg you have to carry around until it hatches then you can teach it tricks then it will level up to a attack level then a minion level. :)

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
astro1244 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.

8)
Minion-granting Pets is something I've felt would be nice for some time. If you have to win it or buy it isn't an issue with me; I just feel it would be a way to get Minions from other than your own Schools. The Pet should look like the Minion but smaller; and when the Minion is called up, the Pet seems to vanish. It's just my opinion ...
8)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
slickfoxx wrote:
Ide say optimally they would be ridable and be able to fight with you. maybe not all, but atleast some.
yeah it would be cool if you could ride your fire cat or something :P