Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Maybe train them tricks? like if you have a fire cat pet when you or a friend plays a fire cat it will go in the ring like it was a spell

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
pets should not only good company, but they should be able to deliver the mail. :P Sounds familiar?

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Oh well I would love for my pet to be used as minion if only for one round (or at least all pets have a card). I would also love for the pets to be more active when standing around and have actions they perform or interact with people/pets standing nearby.

On the design side, it would be nice to "dress pets" or at least be able to change their color for all pets. The magician rat wears a suit, it would be a nice feature to select other clothes items worn.

Just some thoughts.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

It will be fun if your pet battle with you and helps you yay :)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
I would love to be able to have my pet "stay" someplace.

Then after I am finished going to town or what ever, I could teleport back to my pet :)

Survivor
Jan 21, 2009
As an adult player, I think it would be interesting if pets had a more active role in battles. Maybe some would know some support moves and would cast them on you randomly or at the beginning of battles. Or maybe some pets could actually be summoned into battle to help fight along side you. I would still like it to be simple and have them not give too much of an advantage. Just a little boost.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Ithink that you should be able to fly on your dragon or creature that can fly like they grow full size and you can fly freely or travel to a area.

example:You have a deck that you use to battle in the air like you can use spells that have wings or fly and you can move around to try to dodge attacks like you use the storm shark and it flys right at your opponet like a misslie. and there are attacks that can increase your flying speed and make copys of yourself so you can try to trick your opponet. your teacher should be able to teach new cards for your dragon to use while your fighting and even in a fight you can move freely just cant go to far and you can you attacks for the wings like the slash you.and what ever school you are your dragon or flying creature can shoot a shot fast at your opponet and the spells say how fast they can move

you should also be able to fuse with your petwith your pet in a fight and will boost your stats and start to change your element based off of what you fused with
Ex:say you fuse with a dragon your staff top will be it's head the attack will be a shower of your element like i am storm so it will spread out.
and will you also get armor like say my dragon/ flying pet idea works out so then the wings will be on your back and if they are things that can fly then you can make it a moblity free battle in the air say you do that and your fighting with other people and they fuse but dont have wings
then you can take the enemies that fly into battle and leave the ones that cant.Also while you were in your fight the others finish the battle on the ground and your not done in air you get the experience then you finish your fight and they get the xp for it.
and ride on there back like blaze said

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
astro1244 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.
that is true they do not do any thing

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Finally! Pet Requests! OH, where shall I begin?!

I think more pets should give cards. I hardly see any pets that do so besides the Crown Item, Dragon.

Pets should also have the ability to be summoned for only 1-3 turns. The rarer the pet, the more health it will have. In other words, the harder it is to get, the more its health(but remember, the most it can stay is 1-3 turns). The pets would also have half the chance you have yourself of getting a power pip. So, if you have 20% chance of getting a power pip, the minion would only have a 10% chance.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
Ophillia wrote:
I would love to be able to have my pet "stay" someplace.

Then after I am finished going to town or what ever, I could teleport back to my pet :)

I like this idea, it would be really helpful

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I have a series of ideas. I think that for 1. you should allow them to fight with you insted of them just standing there. that is why people don't like buying pets. the stronger the pet, the more it costs and the more it costs... that goes into my next quote...
I also think for 2. you should make the pets with higher value do tricks! ticks would be cool! i have seen that this game is based ALOT on toon town. so there are these things on toontown called doodles, they are pets and you can teach them tricks. something you could add as your oun websites is making pet shows! witch goes into my next resion...
I have played alot of games ok? like runescape, toontown,webkins,world of war craft, call of duty... i am into the medevil games though. anyway, i was thinking and wondered if you could make pet shows, i thought... maby you could earn something like tickets at the battle arena! only something different like................... coins! you could trade them in for things! and that goes into my next model idea!...
With the coins you earn for this you could customize you pet! for every pet you could buy collers, hats, shirts ( on only spacific tipes of pets. ) and other cloths.

senserily, Wolf Hawkcrafter-

PS. please make this a part of wizard 101! i am a huge fan! i play every day and i even got my mom, dad, little brother and little sister, cusin, uncle, and my grandpa to play it! I just love this game! Please?

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
there is nothing better than my unicorn the only thing that i want my pet to do is some kind of trick like a back flip or something

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
It would be great if you can allow to buy the pets specialized armor or outfits that raises special attributes along with having the pets able to have there own HP and MP along with being able to attack and some could even give you attribute boosts :D :D :D :D

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I would really like to be able to add collars and auras (Like have static electricity spark all around a dragon pet), have them volunteer in a battle, and be able to customize what spells and attacks they use.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2008
hi i thought i would tell youwhat i would like to do with my pet. It would be cool for them to have spells to use also i think it would coolif we could interact with our pets. it would also be cool to be able to dress them also
:D

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
i think you should be able to train pets tricks and be able to battle with them

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
I have no interest in feeding my pet or trying to keep it alive. I really couldn't care less if they battle with me and in fact I think that would take away from the fun of having pets. Seriously, would you make your real-life pets do work?

I do, however, believe that all dropped pets should have some sort of special card with them. I have picked up several fun looking pets that are for decoration only. My manders stand around looking nervous and clapping, my sprite flies around, my serpent slithers, but it would be nice if they had special cards that you can use. Stardust Twinkletoes is nice, but by the time you are level 25, all you do is discard that level 1 card. I just got the healing fairy last night and I think I'll hold onto that card for emergencies. But special cards with pets would be nice, which is why I use my Pioneer Dragon most of the time.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
I think it would be really cool if we could breed pets between players. For example, lets say that one player has a ghost and another player has a another undead pet. They could breed both of them and then they would both have a Wraith as a pet or something like that.

Also, It would be very cool if we could somehow train pets to become either Minions or special cards or funny pets. For example. Lets say that you buy or get a pet as a drop. Each pet has the potential to become either a minion, a special attack card or a pet that makes special tricks while walking. However each pet can only do 1 of those things and not all three. To unlock the pet's potential we can train them by different means. How do we train them? Lets say that each pet comes with three cards (one being a minion spell, another a attack spell and the other a pet trick). We would have to use those cards a certain amount of times. For example, if we wanted the pets to become a minion then we would have to use the minion card 10 times in different battles. Once a pet reaches his or hers speciality, then the other cards would dissapear.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
I think it would be great if your pet could help you in Battle. Also only some of the pets can you change there color I would love it if we could change all there colors not just some. If the pet can help you in battle it should be able to have there own cards of coarse we would have to either buy them with gold or help them earn them. :P :P :P

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
i would like it if our pet could join us in battle and actually fight
and attack who ever you are fighting

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
i would like if your pets were like minions and could attack in battle andwe pick the move it does
:)

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I have some requests that I think would be pretty fun. Here are some ideas:

Be able to breed/hatch pets. Say, instead of getting pets, you got eggs or babies. Then you would have to take care of them, you know, making sure they're warm, that they don't crack. Then they hatch and you have a baby pet.

Now, you can buy pet food special to the kind of pet and feed it. Eventually it would grow bigger and bigger until it could learn tricks. As it got bigger it could have more advanced tricks (where some form of pet show comes in). Then there would be certain breeds of pets, Dragons, Unicorns, Snow Snakes, Blood Bats that you could actually get on and ride of they were fed enough. It would only give a small increase in speed, maybe 10-35%.

Or, if you didn't want to spend money, you could keep it as a baby for cuteness or whatever.

Pet shows would have rankings just like PvP, and you would win Show Tickets, just like PvP. You would choose a trick that your pet knows, and it would perform it. There is a 'Slip Up!' chance, like a fizzle. There are computerized judges that choose the best and they win that round. Shows could be from 3-9 rounds, and ties could have a show off.

That's probably not the way it's gonna work, but I think it's a good idea.