Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-11-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi there again students! Another week has come and gone, and that means it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week we would like to talk spells. If you could add a new "utility" type spell to your class, what would it be? Please stick to simple buff and debuff type spells (Tower Shield, Feint, etc) - we're not talking flashy cinematics and big damage here. Looking forward to see what you have to say!

Have a spectacular weekend! It's supposed to warm up here a bit, which makes this Professor very happy - I'm ready for summer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zeke interrupting here! Please read Falmea's requirements. If you post a damage spell or something completely unrelated to her topic, it will not be approved.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
May 17, 2009
I'd like to see storm get a 90% shield, or at least some kind of defense against all considering our health. Maybe a spell that increases our max health for that battle, but something to help us with our low health.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
I think that it would be a great thing if the life class was given higher buff shields. the ones we have aren't that amazing right now, its hard to sufficiently heal team mates with the buffs we are given at the moment. considering by the time people get into Celestia halfway they are already at almost or above 3,000 health. Anyway, just something to consider :D

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I would like ice to have a all buff or debuff(bladestorm, plague, smoke screen, etc.) One thing I have in mind is a tower shield to all friends. Like
-25% incoming to all friends.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
HUZZAH! XD! first one, kk, and i think that fire should be able to like, um, blade more traps dont do a lot, unless you have a LOT of them, and those blades dont find themselves i think that, when each turn rids you of a trap, but blades add to the totals, we should be able to have more blades

all mighty weilders of the flame,
we must rejoice again!
the heat is here,
the fire is near,
come all mighty, weilders of the pyro,
rejoice!

Ethan Firebringer
lvl 54
Pyromancer
student of dalia falmea's

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi there again students! Another week has come and gone, and that means it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week we would like to talk spells. If you could add a new "utility" type spell to your class, what would it be? Please stick to simple buff and debuff type spells (Tower Shield, Feint, etc) - we're not talking flashy cinematics and big damage here. Looking forward to see what you have to say!

Have a spectacular weekend! It's supposed to warm up here a bit, which makes this Professor very happy - I'm ready for summer!

I have several ideas:

1. I think that there should be a double (or perhaps even triple) charm and ward cleanser for those pesky balance triple threat spells.

2. I think it would be absolutely awesome to have a new astral spell which I'll just call "power tap". This would be a charm spell that would work kind of like precision, but it allows you to cast the next spell using power pips regardless of the school associated with the spell. I think it should cost 1 pip.

3. A defensive prism to convert incoming attacks from your opposite school to your own school.

4. A prism charm to convert damage type at the source instead of destination.

5. An additional school prism to convert to a different triangle, (or in the case of myth and storm, the same triangle)

Defender
May 21, 2009
I know that you asked what spell would you add to your school, but I have a cool shield idea for Balance. Its called Reflect & what it does is it takes the spell that an enemy casted on you, for example Seraph, and then it would do that same amount of damage on the caster not the target. It would be 4 or 5 pips to make it fair and its for all wizards, just so that way I don't hear another complaint about Balance. Thats my shield idea, hope you like it!

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.60 Theurgist
Master of the Oasis

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Okay:), I have a lot of good ones(some of which are not for my main school):

Death - Dream Eater: : 2
drains 450 health over 5 rounds from your foe and gives you the health, it will also stun your foe for 5 rounds.:

Fire - Blazing Torch: Pips: 2
BURNS your foe for 5 rounds doing 500 damage.

Ice - Hard Frozen: Pips: 2
Stuns your foe for 5 rounds and gives you 2 tower sheilds.

Myth - Rolling Stones: Pips: 2
Your foe will be stuned for 3 rounds and you will gain 1 pips.

Balance - Pip Exchange: Pips:2
Your pips are switched with you foes.

Storm - Thunder Cloud Pips:2
Does 555 damage over 6 rounds.

Life: Torch of Life: Pips:2
You get healed 560 Health and your foe gets delt the same amount of damage.

"The flame burns brighter and warmmer in the dead of winter."

-Alexander Dragontamer-
Level: 28
1st School: Fire
2nd School: Balance

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
A more useful absorb shield that has the ability to critical for double strength.

A star school spell similar to empower that heals as opposed to pips that could substitute for a late game additional heal.

May come with more later

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Hands down ... the most "useable" utility spell possible would be something that allowed Secondary School spells to employ power pips.

Would like to see three flavors ...

a 1 pip spell that works like a blade and gets activated by the next non-school spell cast ...

a 2-3 pip spell that allows all Secondary School spells cast on the combat dias to use power pips for as long as it controls the dias ...

and "X" pip spell enabling power pips on Secondary School Spells for "X" rounds on a single target.

I am NOT suggesting we make Secondary Spells as efficient to cast as Primary School spells ... all the time ... just temporarily, and ONLY at the cost of pips and combat rounds to pay for the privilege.

Except for health and buffs, MOST secondary school spells don't even make it into the deck. I'd like to see that changed.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Storm- Strongest Tide- +35 Next Storm Spell (Doesn't Count As StormBlade)

Ice- Defense Cape- 65- Next Incoming Attack or Steal Health Spell

Fire- Wyldfire Jr.- 30+ To All Fire Spells (Self Only) (Doesn't Count As WyldFire)

Life- Trade Off- Take 30- Next Life Attack Spell and give +30 Next Life Heal Spell

Death- Darkness Vail- 35- To all Enemies (Doesn't Count As Plague)

Myth- Legendary Cloth- +40 Next Myth Spell (Doesn't Count As MythBlade)

Balance- Weakening Chop- -45 Next Attack or Steal Health Spell (Doesn't Count As Weakness)

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
I really think life needs a new blade.Maybe one with 35 percent, or maybe another spell like Guiding Light. ~Wolf LifeBlade~

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Good question.

I would love to see either of the following:

A: each school is missing a shield of somekind.
(i.e.) fire has no life, death has no ice, myth has no ice, and so on.
Give them the shield they are missing.....

B:
A BALANCE shield of -80% damage
To date the ONLY ones avail for balance are
tower, unbalance, though balance school contains ALL
schools shields.
And at that they have to be trained for points and are not free
like the other schools..

Just my 2 cents

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
My main being Balance, I can't really think of anything for my class that folks won't complain about. Fire and Storm need a better accuracy rate spell. Both of those fizz out way too much.
Maybe at a lower level there could be a 25% accuracy boost for Fire and Storm. (If there already is, then sorry, my Fire and Storm wizards haven't got there yet).

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Fire- something similar to link that gives 100 health each round and 450 damage over 3 rounds.

Storm- definitely storm elf

Death- Definitely a death minotaur

Ice- Icezilla

Balance- not idea yet

myth- no idea yet

life- do not have a life wiz so no idea

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
Spell Name: Body Guard

School: Ice

Description: Caster places a ward upon an ally to receive the next physical (not lifesteal) damage that the target receives. Resistance of the caster will be applied when calculating the received damage.

**Or, for a balanced alternative, the ward will transfer 75% of the next incoming damage to the Caster (reduced by Caster's resistances), while the target receives the remaining 25% (reduced by target's resistances).**

Cost: 2 or 3 Pips.

--KBB

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
I have an idea that would appeal to the risk takers. The idea is a ward/blade spell that it can be any type (fire,ice,life,ect). So when you cast it it would cast then it would be like a coin toss heads for blade tails ward. For the school it hits or defends from is like a slot machine its random so you could have a blade for life or a ward for balance. For the school its from fire or balance definatly but then again it's up to you people.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Hmm... I think Balance could use a weaker version of Tower Shield - say, 30%? That might be nice. Also, Ice might do well with a low-Accuracy version of Steal Ward that specifically targets Ice Shields (Pip cost of 1). Life could make good use of a weaker version of Guiding Light (15%) on all players (obviously costing 1 Pip). Storm? Hmm... something similar based on a weaker Lightning Strike, maybe. Myth could use... hmm... a "second slot" Spell giving them the temporary ability to have more than one Minion on the field (this would require a Pip cost of about, say, 3 or 4, and the second Minion would fade in a few rounds). As for Fire, a setup of three weak (15%-20%) Fire Traps for use with DoT Spells would be handy. Oh, and before anyone asks, I do have these character Schools on my six Wizards.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
I am in Death Class and I would like to see a curse spell. One that takes Health away like Fire Elf and etc. does. I would also like to see a spell like Sacrifice but on a different level. I would like to see it remove health from the enemy and give it to the player of choice.

Survivor
May 16, 2010
ok i want a boost for storm another new blade or something like a thunder glove or somethin to get storm a great move plz

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
FIRE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would want to have a fient in the fire school because my fire dragon would be so awesome and so would helephant.I am level 52 and i also now storm lord which would be powerful with a fient.I hope u take my advice.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Honestly, since i am a fire, i would like to have another blade or to make another astral spell called:

Steal power
pip cost 2 pips
effect: steals power pips(if any from the target) if not, then it steals 2 pips back so you dont lose anything ( i would also personally like to be able to cast this on friends as a cruel joke)

Or...

make a new fire spell called firewind and it puts a 25% fire trap on all ene ies for 1 pip? (is that how many pips windstorm costs?) or at an equal cost as windstorm but in fire!

thank you for your time,
Charles Shadowflame level 50 pyromancer
Dylan Shadowtalon level 24 sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
i think that earthquake should be balance and hydra should be myth because the hydra is a Greek myth and an earthquake is a natural disaster

Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
K! So i was just thinking of a spell called reverse, it would reverse the enemie's spell back onto them selves, the enemy attacks but when the aura is activated the damage is deflected back to the boss or person who used it
I think this should be another spell in a hidden shop or something because it would be worth finding........ just an idea happy valentines day!