Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delete Quest: Why no option?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I ask in Wizard City how to delete a quest and the answer I got was,"Do them."

Well yes, of course do them.

However, my quest book has three quest stuck in them that I do not wish to finish.

I also cannot finish the Sunken City quest because nobody wants to do it. I would like it out of my book until I do get a group to finish it.

So please, if there is not an option to delete quest in your quest book, please make it an option.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Blax,

I agree. I don't like having quests in my log that I know I either a) can't finish right now, or b) don't want to finish right now.

Especially Sunken City. Even at level 31, it is near impossible to do solo. I have tried to find other groups to fight with, but can't always find people. It would be nice to either be able to delete a quest from your log, or have an option to "file" the quest away in to a different section so that our quest book reminds us foremost of the quests we currently are trying to finish.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
You should be able to solo Sunken City by level 31. There is a fair bit of "kill something, die, and run back" in some areas, but that doesn't reset the instance. Indeed, there's plenty of time to run around grabbing wisps on Unicorn Way before heading back to Sunken City.

Being unable to win every battle is not a barrier to soloing. It's having a battle hard enough that you can't kill anything before you die. None of the Sunken City bosses are much of a challenge if you've cleared their sidekicks in a previous battle.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Quizzical,
I fail to see anywhere in your post where you addressed the issue of this threads topic. :?

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
It was more a reply to Enoch, but yeah, I agree that a way to drop quests would be nice.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I think it is a valid request and would be nice to have.

Guess we need to wait for an admin response.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
I like the fact that you can not delete quests.

This way all those players that bounce ahead and don't do the quests they should be working on will have a mess in their quest log until they do the quests they need to.

This is a fantastic game and every inch is to be enjoyed.

So many people just want to run to the end as fast as they can.
I really don't understand this.
You play the game to have fun so enjoy it and do all the quests as the game was intended. There are some really great story lines in this game.

And as for areas like Sunken City, I didn't mind at all that it was in my quest log until I could gather a group.

I love it all :-)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Ophillia wrote:
I like the fact that you can not delete quests.

So many people just want to run to the end as fast as they can.
I really don't understand this.

We should at least have the option to delete quest for those players who wish to have more control over their quest log and progression. At least give us the ability to categorize quest so we can keep the instance quest separate from the progression quests.

As for rushing through the game, that is an assumption on your part and does not fit in this topic. Even if someone wants to rush through the game, who are you to judge?

Everyone is entitled to play the game the way they want to. Even you.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2008
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Sorry Ophillia , I do not understand why sitting around for two days straight looking for a group for Sunken City is fun for you. However, I do not question it.

I also do not understand why having an option to delete my quest is game breaking for you as well.

What I find fun is being able to play a game I am paying for. I like progressing, not sitting in The Commons hoping someone will group for Sunken City.

The funny thing is, Ophillia is probably a higher level then me. I am only level 26.

It comes down to this, will having this option ruin your enjoyment of the game? Because not having this option is ruining my enjoyment of the game.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i say this is an issue i have some quest i can't do yet i wish i can delete them

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you're level 26, you can probably solo Sunken City. I've soloed it a couple times around level 27 or 28.

Anything that comes in a group of more than two will not respawn, so you can start a battle, kill one, die, run back, and have made progress.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
Anything that comes in a group of more than two will not respawn, so you can start a battle, kill one, die, run back, and have made progress.

This does not sound fun for me at all. Sounds like a chore. I play this game after I do my "chores".

Again, this has nothing to do with the topic of not being able to delete your quest.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2008
Blax, you need to take a chill pill. Everyone here has tried to give/offer you helpful advice/information. You have taken their words and twisted them way out of proportion and have replied with really rude remarks to those who have tried to help you. My best advice to you is:

1. If you don't won't a quest in your log book then DON'T talk to the NPC that gives it or

2. If you should talk to them, DON'T click ACCEPT. You do have the option to DECLINE the quest until YOU are ready to do it. And, if it's a side quest, you don't have to accept it at all in order to progress the main story.

The player does have some responsibility as to how his/her game experience goes. KingsIsle cannot and should not be expected to hold your hand the whole time.

As for the subject of your topic, so that you can't say I didn't address it:

If it's important enough to enough players, KingsIsle will fix it when they get the time. But, for right now, I would assume this is a low priority matter.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I agree with blax if were all paying to play this game we should have the option to play however we want to.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
AlphaSpyIvy wrote:

1. If you don't won't a quest in your log book then DON'T talk to the NPC that gives it or

2. If you should talk to them, DON'T click ACCEPT. You do have the option to DECLINE the quest until YOU are ready to do it. And, if it's a side quest, you don't have to accept it at all in order to progress the main story.

The player does have some responsibility as to how his/her game experience goes. KingsIsle cannot and should not be expected to hold your hand the whole time.

As for the subject of your topic, so that you can't say I didn't address it:

If it's important enough to enough players, KingsIsle will fix it when they get the time. But, for right now, I would assume this is a low priority matter.

Well I do have to say this. I don't think you quite understand this at all Ivy. Let me correct your supposed corrections/suggestions.

1. You cannot honestly tell me that if you see a quest giver that you are just going to walk away without seeing what it is they want you to do first. That statement was completely illogical.

2. Illogical statement number two being, how is someone going to know they are not ready to do the quest if they do not try it in the first place. Granted I will give you this leeway. There are MANY quests that someone can go and test their skills against the particular mobs that are being requested of them to kill or collect items from. My statement however does not include dungeons or Gauntlets.

My final comment is this:
I agree with all those who would like for KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. to add the option to delete a quest from ones quest log.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Personally I think this is alot of fuss over nothing. I mean seriously there was only one quest I really had issues with which was sunken city. ONE whole quest that stuck in my homework book for a long time till I finially just decided I was going to go solo it and one of my friends just poped in on me while doing this and we got it done in a short period of time. NOW am I an expert on this game heck no. I am level 50 (really not hard if you do all of the quests) but still haven't finished the main quest line (stuck farming for my ring atm which the boss doesn't want to drop /sigh that is a completly different topic).
Now even with that being said yes it would be "nice"(tm) to be able to delete a quest but meh like I said it isn't that bad. Just ignore it and move on to other quests, stop OCD'ing over the fact there is a quest you aren't going to do for a while.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I would like to be able to remove a quest so that I can restart it if it is bugged. I'm currently stuck in MooShu since I am unable to activate this stupid air shrine, and it would be nice to be able to just delete the thing and start over.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I agree that there should be a delete quest option. Gama, can you PLEASE sort this out!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Can someone help me? I am stuck on a quest on Sunken City, and I don't want to do it. Is it possible to delete a quest? Please reply if you have an answer. Thanks! :)

Administrator
The only way to remove a quest from your Quest Journal is to complete it.

You'll be strong enough very soon, young Wizard. Continue your other tasks and come back to Sunken City when you think you're ready.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Have you tried going into the Commons and asking for help? Many Masters and Grandmasters will stand around the pond in the Commons and around the Bazaar. If you ask for someone to help in either of those areas you are sure to get a response. Don't be shy about it and if you don't get a response in one realm just jump into another and try again.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
what happens when you decline a quest? can you go back and accept it later on if you decide? does it mess up being able to do other quests? i am just confused and curious, is all.
thanks! :)

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
You sure can accept a quest later if you decline it. Honestly, you kind of have to do every quest eventually (except for the dreaded sunken city.)

The answer is Yes.

~ Joshua RavenHammer ~ Adept Pyromancer level 25 (or higher) ~

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
Enoch1980 wrote:
Blax,

I agree. I don't like having quests in my log that I know I either a) can't finish right now, or b) don't want to finish right now.

Especially Sunken City. Even at level 31, it is near impossible to do solo. I have tried to find other groups to fight with, but can't always find people. It would be nice to either be able to delete a quest from your log, or have an option to "file" the quest away in to a different section so that our quest book reminds us foremost of the quests we currently are trying to finish.

I would like to say after doing Sunken City quite a few times, at 31 you can solo it, BUT it takes time. The trick is, when on the sidewalks, dont move when monsters are close. Once they more further away, run. It's a bunch of running and stopping and waiting, but I've gone thru whole city w/o a single fight except for the towers. Even a duo can do it at 12, just do the stop, wait and move technique.

Valdus Mythwraith 49 Mtyh